The Beach House Reviews

Peña y Goñi 13 2 do, San Sebastian, Basque Country, Spain

lots of fun and Kilian was really attentive. great place to stay if you plan on surfing at Gros.

Really lovely hostel full of fun and interesting travelers. My friend and I were only staying here for one night before picking up a hire care to travel Spain. The location is close to all the major attractions and the train and bus stations. Found it a little tricky to initially navigate to the hostel.

Staff member during the day gave me the wrong keys to my room. My roommates locked the door and came back later and I was locked out of my room and slept on the floor till 2.30am. I recommend you check they have given you the right keys as soon as you arrive. Otherwise great location right by the beach and great common area. I would stay again regardless of the key mishap

This place was great. Fantastic/helpfu/l/ staff, just around the corner from the beach and the old town, clean and excellent Sunday night tapas/pub crawl. Would highly recommend and would stay again.

• 16th Aug 2013

Too expensive during semana grande. Appartaments are cheaper!! But its clean and staff is nice

• 14th Aug 2013

Great location, fun people, staff is always willing to help and also goes out with the people staying in the hostel. A hostel to recommend. Charlotte

• 13th Aug 2013

I had a great time at the beach house. The facilities were not so great, the 3 bed rooms had no lockers so you had to trust your roommates. It was very small and intament and this forced you to socialize and meet people which was a good thing. After being there for 2 hours I had about 10 friends and plans for the night.

• 12th Aug 2013

The hostel is very nice, good location and the sfaff is very helpful.

From all the Hostels I've been in Spain and Portugal, this was the most expensive and worst: thin and badly used matresses, no reading lamps on the beds, no air conditioning (so the window had to stay open towards a quite noisy street), no computer access, no hair dryer (for girls with long hair thats quite an inconvienience), only 3 bathrooms (moderately clean, no shelves or hooks to hang towels or clothes) for all the guests (1 bathroom = 1 toilet plus 1 shower), no breakfast. I left early.

• 10th Aug 2013

Overall a nice hostel, perfect location (very central and next to the surfer's beach :) ), really nice staff...but I think that it's a bit expensive for what it is...but I guess that's quite the same in most hostels in San Sebastián as it is an expensive city (but still totally worth going there!!! :) :) ) I would recommend it :)

The room was very dirty when I arrived, the kitchen was nearly always dirty and bad equipped. Only 3 bathrooms with 2 showers, no separate toilette for so many guests! No regular computer for free use. No facilities to eat (only a small table in the kitchen). Beds not comfortable, old thin matrices. Prices - I paid 45 Euro on the weekend for a bed in a 6-bed-dorm - much to high for the offer! I can not recommend this hostel.

I had such an amazing time staying here. Making friends here was extremely easy and I ended up extending my stay twice. Has a really relaxed environment and really beame a home away from home. Couldn't ask for nicer staff members.

I was only there for a night but the rooms were good and bathrooms were kick ass! The pub crawl is not worth it!!! Well maybe If you wanna party with young peeps looking to pick up. All the people I met were super nice and the Romanian lady at the desk was the bomb. I

I can't say any greater things about this hostel, it absolutely is the place to stay in San Sebastián! Close to the beach and the town, friendly staff, great facilities and cleaned often enough that you hardly realise people are walking sand in and out every 5 minutes. An awesome communal area filled with people from around the world to meet and chat to... And I won't even start on the pub crawls which are an absolute must do! This place definitely feels more like a home than a hostel.

Had the best stay at The Beach House. San Sebastian is a beautiful place and the crew at this hostel made it an even better experience. I met some absolutely amazing people during my time staying there and will never forget the crazy nights and lazy days at the beach. Big shout out to Ioana, Gemma and Kelian (hope i spelt it right brother) for making my stay so enjoyable. I will be back for sure.

Nothing but good things to say about this amazing hostel! Great location, great staff always clean and met the best people in the common area. If you're headed to San Sebastián, staying here is a must

Really great hostel! Great vibe, staff and location was perfect close to both beaches but especially the surf beach! Would recommend anyone going to San Seb to go here!! Any problems you have they try there best to resolve it. Was planning to stay for a few nights and ended up staying 10 days!

• 26th Jul 2013

Stayed at here and there other hostel, both were great. Good common room to chill, internet worked in rooms. Helpful staff for places to eat and drink. Could do with another shower and toilet as often these were used (only has 3 shower/toilets for 4 or so dorm rooms)

Nice and clean hostel in good location in gros.

View all San Sebastian Hostels