The Beehive Sucre Reviews

Calle Avaroa 607, between Calle Azurduy and Calle La Paz, Sucre, Bolivia

Like most people I booked for 2 nights and stayed over 2 weeks! Loved this hostel- the breakfast is awesome and all the staff are super friendly and helpful. The one to one spanish lessons were great for me too!

Friendly staff! Organized an Italian night which was delicious, the breakfast is very good also. The manager also organized to purchased bus tickets to Utuni for us which was very helpful. Good location, and hints and and tips for good places to go in Sucre

Our favourite hostel in South America. Susi was a fantastic hostess and the Beehive was our home for 2 weeks. Every morning we had a great breakfast (there are 3 equally tasty choices). We then had a 2 hour Spanish lesson each day that was organised by the hostel. An easy walk to the centre, the hostel is also am easy place to socialise and organise trips together. Love this place!

• 10th Jan 2016

I had such an amazing stay at beehive over Christmas!! The staff and volunteers put so much hard work and effort into making this place a joy to be in - especially around Christmas time. You automatically feel welcome when you walk in the door. Beds are comfy. Breakfast is incredible (actually incredible). Showers are great. Wifi is a bit slow but hey it's Bolivia. A few bean bags wouldn't go astray for the lounge/ balcony area! But Beehive is no doubt one of my favourite hostels :)

Breakfast was amazing, the rest of the hostel is fairly average. Volunteers were great but the main staff seemed disorganised as they were overbooked the first night I was there. Wifi unreliable.

I was supposed to stay for four days, and in the end I stayed for ten! The Beehive is amazing: lovely helpful volunteers, good kitchen, great atmosphere and the best breakfast I've had anywhere in South America (a choice of oats, fruits or frittata and bread, with special breakfasts on the weekend). The beds could be a little less concave but the pillows are nice and there are plenty enough sheets. Water in the showers is mostly warm once you've figured out how they work. I loved every moment :)

We arrived early (5AM) and the staff let us in and we managed to sleep a little in the sofa in the reception area. The place and the staff make you feel at home! The rooms are big, the patio / garden is a perfect place to relax on the hammock! Their breakfast are the best I have ever had in my 7 month of traveling across south america.... on sunday they serve french toast with fresh fruits...absolutly delicous!!! The only down side is that the wifi works realy slowly.

Very nice hostel

The best breakfast I have ever had at a hostel. Some mornings I couldn't even finish all the food they gave me! It wasn't the cleanest room but it wasn't terrible. Hammocks in the common space are a great touch and I loved the staff. Bathrooms were very clean but there aren't enough. I was always waiting in line to shower.

Awesome setting, great staff, great value double room. Organizing Spanish lessons was cheap and easy. Atmosphere is a bit hit and miss, they didn't really throw any evening activities and it was mostly French or Spanish speaking people at the time we were there. Also, there's too many common areas and people are scattered around the hostel rather than hanging out in one common area. However, with the right people, has the potential to be lively.

Very friendly staff and a great atmosphere amongst travellers because of the garden area in the centre of the hostel. Great breakfast!

Really friendly vibe here, nice courtyard to chill around. Good breakfast too, really big and filling! Cons: Weren't able to book buses for us, without us having to pay a booking fee. And a bit far out of town compared to other options.

Absolutely the best hostel we have stayed in so far! Excellent atmosphere, big kitchen, staff are lovely and breakfasts unbelievable!! We love you Beehive, why can't you be in every city?!

Really good atmosphere!

Small scale and chilled out. Not the best facilities but very nice vibe and breakfast

Like many others we only booked for one night to stay with and ended up staying for nearly a week. The community atmosphere here is better than any other hostel we've been to, the location is great and the breakfast is excellent. Spanish lessons are also cheap and easy to organise. Highly recommended!

Thanks, your welcome anytime!

Fantastic atmosphere, the little courtyard where everyone hangs out feels like a little slice of paradise. The staff were good, Marco especially made our stay enjoyable. The breakfast was the best I have had at any hostel, possibly ever. We stayed in the double room, which was huge. There was always hot water for the shower. There was a BBQ when we were there (again, best-ever hostel BBQ, although I haven't been to many). The wi-fi signal could be better (the walls were very thick).

My favourite hostel in Bolivia. By the end of your stay the staff and volunteers are not staff, but friends. The staff was wonderful throughout our stay and they will ensure you are clued up on what to do and where to go. A lot of people stay at the Beehive for extended periods of time (a testament to the hostel), which makes you instantly feel at home. The building is centered around a little garden which is lovely during the day. Best breakfast in South America so far.

Amiga muchas gracias por tu comentario, estamos muy felices de leerlo. Te enviamos muchos saludos de todas las chicas. Disfruta tu viaje y retorno. Abrazos

A lot of community things in this hostel because of the volunteers. The garden is perfect to relax or learn spanish as a lot of people do there. The rooms and the kitchen are big. Nice breakfast, not as in other hostels! I already recommended the hostel to travelers! :)