The Beehive Sucre Reviews

Calle Avaroa 607, between Calle Azurduy and Calle La Paz, Sucre, Bolivia

The atmosphere was really nice. It was very easy to meet new people! The beds were comfortable and the breakfast good, especially on Saturday with the pancakes!! I would definitely go back there!

My deposit wasn´t recognized so I ended up paying over the quoted amount. As well, the staff never seemed there or available or made themselves evident.

Lovely atmosphere as most of the people staying here are around for a few weeks studying. Rooms are warm and the showers hot. Internet only in communal areas upstairs but that is fine. Breakfasts amazing. There is no one at the hostel from curfew (midnight week days and 3am weekends) until at least 8am which is a problem if you arrive before that like I did. Waited on the doorstop for over an hour. This needs to be flagged on the website when booking.

Beehive is more than a hostel.It's a social project where your presence adds to the local community. There is no owner on the top cashing out on your $ instead they use money to pay rent,workers and create social projects in Sucre. It focuses on empowering women,creating enterpreneur women through managing the hostel.Flat power pyramid..i've never come across such a great idea! & feels like HOME,VIBE among guests is great! They've an amazing COURTYARD.Organize dinners (veg. welcome)/activities

This hostel has an amazing atmosphere. It is really easy to meet people. My bed was comfortable, the breakfast was super good and the kitchen was ok. Few more toilets would be nice though and a mirror in the four bed room. :) Would definitely stay there again. So chilled place!

Very spacious private room with heavy duvet (very cold at night). Nice breakfast, good location and helpful book available with local recommendations. Wifi only allows a certain amount of people on and only works in common area. Bathrooms/showers not good. Would still recommend but improvements could be made on bathrooms and wifi.

Thank you very much for your recommend, considering we moved to this new location, we are working on that. Thanks again.

This is such an amazing hostel - the breakfasts are absolutely delicious. The staff and the volunteers are so friendly, and the hostel has such a great vibe. I just kept extending my stay again and again. It's close to the main square, but on a nice quiet street. The kitchen is really well stocked, and we had quite a few communal dinners while I was here.

Perfect place, perfect stay. Hostal at a good location, laid back atmosphere, friendly staff and........one of the best hostal brekkies ever! Spacy dorms with comfortable beds and good kitchen and garden facilities. So, highly recommended.

Amazing breakfast!

Small, very relaxed with a chilled vibe. Not at all a party hostel. Rooms had heaps of space and the weekday breakfast is fabulous! The staff make an effort not only to help you but to be your mate while you are there. Showers are great, once you get the hang of them! The only downside is the kitchen, which could use an update of utensils and things. Very easy to overstay :) thanks guys for a lovely stay.

• 30th Apr 2015

Good atmosphere and good breakfast! They just had some issues with booking but they managed really well! Wifi is a bit poor but ok!

Awesome. Just awesome. Great vibe, good breakfast, helpful staff, everybody sitting on one big table for breakfast, oats with fruits or eggs, nice patio, hammacks, the Wifi was sometimes instable, but they are improving it. I would have loved to stay one week, like others, having spanish class, volunteering. Just go there, you'll like it.

Really nice, laid back not-for-profit hostel. The perfect place to relax for a few days (or longer) in Sucre. The staff/volunteers are friendly and welcoming, creating a great environment. Pros: Comfortable beds, spacious dorms, great breakfast. Cons: Lack of bathrooms and hot water. Wifi temperamental. Also a slightly chaotic booking system means they can't confirm until the last minute if you can extend your stay (online bookings take precedence)... And you probably will want to extend.

Amazing hostel. Great location, great atmosphere and amazing breakfasts. Just assume you're going to want to stay longer than you had initially planned, seriously.

Lovely hostel, her relaxed with a delicious breakfast!

Lovely facilities, spacious dorms and a delicious breakfast, the only place in South America where we've had porridge! However the wifi didn't work at all and showers were freezing. Also our bus got in at 5am. I emailed in advance to inform staff of this but we were locked out and I found out subsequently that my email had been received. Luckily another guest awoke and let us in eventually. Frankly dangerous for three girls to be left out on the street with all our luggage at that hour.

Atmosphere is really great here. There is a huge courtyard with hammocks, there is superb breakfast and it is in a pretty part of the city. It was a bit chaotic at times and there were wifi problems, but I 100% recommend staying here.

Great place to meet new people. Amazing breakfast and friendly staff! The two nights I stayed there we hang out in the common area drinking wine and having a good time

Outstanding stay at Beehive. Great family feel hostel. Excellent breakfast! Friendly staff! A very warm atmosphere! Best hostel I've stayed in South America. Showers are lukewarm at best but that seems to be common in Bolivia.

Nice hostel, big rooms, good breakfast and very helpful staff. We can recommend it! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3