The Beehive Sucre Reviews

Calle Avaroa 607, between Calle Azurduy and Calle La Paz, Sucre, Bolivia

This is such an amazing hostel - the breakfasts are absolutely delicious. The staff and the volunteers are so friendly, and the hostel has such a great vibe. I just kept extending my stay again and again. It's close to the main square, but on a nice quiet street. The kitchen is really well stocked, and we had quite a few communal dinners while I was here.

Perfect place, perfect stay. Hostal at a good location, laid back atmosphere, friendly staff and........one of the best hostal brekkies ever! Spacy dorms with comfortable beds and good kitchen and garden facilities. So, highly recommended.

Amazing breakfast!

Small, very relaxed with a chilled vibe. Not at all a party hostel. Rooms had heaps of space and the weekday breakfast is fabulous! The staff make an effort not only to help you but to be your mate while you are there. Showers are great, once you get the hang of them! The only downside is the kitchen, which could use an update of utensils and things. Very easy to overstay :) thanks guys for a lovely stay.

• 30th Apr 2015

Good atmosphere and good breakfast! They just had some issues with booking but they managed really well! Wifi is a bit poor but ok!

Awesome. Just awesome. Great vibe, good breakfast, helpful staff, everybody sitting on one big table for breakfast, oats with fruits or eggs, nice patio, hammacks, the Wifi was sometimes instable, but they are improving it. I would have loved to stay one week, like others, having spanish class, volunteering. Just go there, you'll like it.

Really nice, laid back not-for-profit hostel. The perfect place to relax for a few days (or longer) in Sucre. The staff/volunteers are friendly and welcoming, creating a great environment. Pros: Comfortable beds, spacious dorms, great breakfast. Cons: Lack of bathrooms and hot water. Wifi temperamental. Also a slightly chaotic booking system means they can't confirm until the last minute if you can extend your stay (online bookings take precedence)... And you probably will want to extend.

Amazing hostel. Great location, great atmosphere and amazing breakfasts. Just assume you're going to want to stay longer than you had initially planned, seriously.

Lovely hostel, her relaxed with a delicious breakfast!

Lovely facilities, spacious dorms and a delicious breakfast, the only place in South America where we've had porridge! However the wifi didn't work at all and showers were freezing. Also our bus got in at 5am. I emailed in advance to inform staff of this but we were locked out and I found out subsequently that my email had been received. Luckily another guest awoke and let us in eventually. Frankly dangerous for three girls to be left out on the street with all our luggage at that hour.

Atmosphere is really great here. There is a huge courtyard with hammocks, there is superb breakfast and it is in a pretty part of the city. It was a bit chaotic at times and there were wifi problems, but I 100% recommend staying here.

Great place to meet new people. Amazing breakfast and friendly staff! The two nights I stayed there we hang out in the common area drinking wine and having a good time

Outstanding stay at Beehive. Great family feel hostel. Excellent breakfast! Friendly staff! A very warm atmosphere! Best hostel I've stayed in South America. Showers are lukewarm at best but that seems to be common in Bolivia.

Nice hostel, big rooms, good breakfast and very helpful staff. We can recommend it! :)

Such a great place to stay! Great breakfast and everything so spacious!

Nice community vibe

Very good place ! I recommend it. A good staff, a good atmosphere, calm and peaceful. A lovely breadfast (I miss it very much) !

Lovely hostel that serves the most delicious breakfasts in South America! Oatmeal with fruit or omelette with toast and pancakes/French toast on weekend!! They also make cakes every day (carrot cake, peanut butter cheesecakes) for ten bolivianos a slice. Sunday's everyone gets together for dinner/bbq. Not a party atmosphere if that's what you're looking for but nice to sit around, chat and get to meet new people.

Lovely hostel. We extended our stay with several days because we liked both Sucre and the beehive so much. The staff was fantastic, recommending things to do and and fixing the best breakfast every morning. Cosy atmosphere in the backyard and home made cake almost every night!

This hostel is so close to being perfect but was let down by a few things. Firstly the wifi was non existent, the showers were rarely hot but perhaps the biggest let down were the staff. No one seemed to take control and we got the sense that they kind of didn't care. Pity because the hostel itself is beautiful, huge rooms, delicious breakfast, really comfy beds. So close but not quite perfect!

« first « Prev 1 2 3