The Beehive Sucre Reviews

Calle Avaroa 607, between Calle Azurduy and Calle La Paz, Sucre, Bolivia

I would highly recommend Beehive hostel. Great breakfasts, spacious rooms and nice vibe in hostel. The staff are friendly and I think it's great they strive to support local women through the business. Would definitely stay again!

Excellent and very chilled out hostel set in a lovely old colonial house. The breakfast is excellent and if you're here at the weekend you get pancakes or French toast. Susi the owner is very helpful and organised Spanish classes for us. I would fully recommend a stay at the beehive hostel.

We felt very welcome and super comfortable in that place. A really nice hostel to relax and enjoy the laid back atmosphere in Sucre. Staff is very nice and helpful. The three choices of breakfast are amazing. Rooms are spacious and nice ourside area. Very cheap laundry service. We would always go there again! Love that place!

The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. The breakfast is excellent including pancakes and french toast on the weekends. Our double room was large, clean and very comfortable. Only about 4/5 blocks from the main square in a safe area. The wifi was a bit poor at times. the kitchen could of also been a bit cleaner and better equipped. There was a large group there while we stayed so it took away from the atmosphere at bit but I'd imagine that it would have a good atmosphere normally.

Fantastic hostel with great courtyard and breakfast. Nice big rooms and comfy beds as well. Dedinitely not a party hostel but a good one for an extended stay.

Breakfast is amazing! This alone convinced us to stay another 2 nights. Well located with great big beds. and a great backpacker, chilled atmosphere Only drawbacks were the internet was terrible and the staff weren't that knowledgable about the area but this was because they were new volunteers.

This hostel is amazing! Made us so welcome it felt like home.

Very nice atmosphère,quiet house, colonial style, with a garden and Terrace all around upstairs, cool people who stay and work there. The breakfast is so good! And you have different choices. The situation is perfect. I stayed 5 nighs, visit Sucre and get some rest at the hostel, before visiting Tarabucco market on sunday.

We had a great time telaxing here. Note THIS IS NOT A HOSTEL TO GO IF YOU WANT TO PARTY IN ANY WAY. The hostel is run by volunteers. If you exceed the 12 am curfew they are the ones who let you inz. Pretty strict on breakfast. All seemed a bit too strict and school-like. Very clean and friendly atmosphere though. Mice place to stay if you wanma relax

Great find in Sucre, friendly staff, great location, courtyard, large dorm rooms and simply the best breakfast I have had in two months of travelling. I will be back.

• 24th Jan 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed in to date. First up, incredible breakfast (especially pancakes and French toast on the weekends), great atmosphere and facilities, staff are way friendly and really have a community vibe at play amongst the guests, definitely consider staying here

Great place!

The Beehive was my favorite hostel in Bolivia! While it isn't a party hostel, everyone was very laid back and welcoming. The staff was really fun and I co-hosted a Cuban Salsa workshop one night. I feel like a little music would have helped with the atmosphere because sometimes it seemed too quiet. The only complaint I have is that the internet didn't work half the time, but that was common everywhere I went in Bolivia.

The beehive makes you feel like your home away from home! The atmosphere is always open and relaxed! One of the best hostels Ive been in!!

• 23rd Dec 2014

Nice chill hostel, a good place to study and relax. The breakfast is a cut above most places.

I don't know how they do it, but it seems like everyone has to stay more than planned on the beehive. The atmosphere is so great there. If you are looking for a place to relax that's definitely the right one.

• 17th Dec 2014

Amazing breakfast!!! They recently moved and somethings are still under construction so this place will get even better in a few weeks. You can get spanish lessons at the hostel and the teacher is great.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

BEST HOSTEL FOR A LONG STAY (and also for a short one)...so just stay there! Best breakfast on my south america trip so fair and I'm really picky about breakfast :) Lovely staff, helping you with everything, huge kitchen to cook together, pilates classes, wallyball games, ... What else could you ask for? ;) Thanks for everything my dear Beehive :)

• 16th Dec 2014

I've travelled to a fair part of the world and I can safely say that this hostel is the top best I've ever stayed in. The bedrooms are all super spacious, even the 10 bed dorm. It feels more like a home than a hostel really, with really nice & friendly staff, great breakfasts (eggs were my favourite) and general chilled out atmosphere. Plus the upstairs balcony has an amazing view of the mountains, especially at sunset. If you're looking for a round the clock party hostel this is not the place!

When I arrived at The Beehive very early in the morning I was greeted with a cup of coffee and a warm bowl of delicious oats (they also have fruit & granola & egg frittata!). This hostel has a very relaxing atmosphere which is great. It's really close to the centre of town and Susi the owner and other staff are very helpful with local information. Susi even came to the hospital with me (twice!) when I unfortunately got sick. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at!