The Beehive Sucre Reviews

Calle Avaroa 607, between Calle Azurduy and Calle La Paz, Sucre, Bolivia

Awesome setting, great staff, great value double room. Organizing Spanish lessons was cheap and easy. Atmosphere is a bit hit and miss, they didn't really throw any evening activities and it was mostly French or Spanish speaking people at the time we were there. Also, there's too many common areas and people are scattered around the hostel rather than hanging out in one common area. However, with the right people, has the potential to be lively.

Very friendly staff and a great atmosphere amongst travellers because of the garden area in the centre of the hostel. Great breakfast!

Really friendly vibe here, nice courtyard to chill around. Good breakfast too, really big and filling! Cons: Weren't able to book buses for us, without us having to pay a booking fee. And a bit far out of town compared to other options.

Absolutely the best hostel we have stayed in so far! Excellent atmosphere, big kitchen, staff are lovely and breakfasts unbelievable!! We love you Beehive, why can't you be in every city?!

Really good atmosphere!

Like many others we only booked for one night to stay with and ended up staying for nearly a week. The community atmosphere here is better than any other hostel we've been to, the location is great and the breakfast is excellent. Spanish lessons are also cheap and easy to organise. Highly recommended!

Thanks, your welcome anytime!

Fantastic atmosphere, the little courtyard where everyone hangs out feels like a little slice of paradise. The staff were good, Marco especially made our stay enjoyable. The breakfast was the best I have had at any hostel, possibly ever. We stayed in the double room, which was huge. There was always hot water for the shower. There was a BBQ when we were there (again, best-ever hostel BBQ, although I haven't been to many). The wi-fi signal could be better (the walls were very thick).

My favourite hostel in Bolivia. By the end of your stay the staff and volunteers are not staff, but friends. The staff was wonderful throughout our stay and they will ensure you are clued up on what to do and where to go. A lot of people stay at the Beehive for extended periods of time (a testament to the hostel), which makes you instantly feel at home. The building is centered around a little garden which is lovely during the day. Best breakfast in South America so far.

Amiga muchas gracias por tu comentario, estamos muy felices de leerlo. Te enviamos muchos saludos de todas las chicas. Disfruta tu viaje y retorno. Abrazos

A lot of community things in this hostel because of the volunteers. The garden is perfect to relax or learn spanish as a lot of people do there. The rooms and the kitchen are big. Nice breakfast, not as in other hostels! I already recommended the hostel to travelers! :)

Originally booked for 3 nights and stayed for 3 weeks, taking Spanish classes arranged by the hostel. This hostel is a home away from home. Friendly relaxed vibe, best breakfast I've had in South America, helpful staff, communal dinners and activities. Met some awesome people here which made the stay amazing. Definitely recommend this place. Regarding the reviews saying that this hostel is cliquey - everyone I met at this hostel was friendly and welcoming. It was hard to leave!

I'm in two minds about this hostel. Firstly i just want to say what an an absolute ray of sunshine Stephanie who volunteers there she made our stay. However, this place severely over sells itself on here, the kitchen is dingy and dirty and felt like all the cutlery and crockery are dirty. The hot water is temperamental, Internet awful. Garden tiny, no sun and there are no volunteer opportunities and the people who stay there are cliquey and pretentious and rude. Ruins the whole place.

The Beehive was a great hostel! The rooms are spacious and even though there were always people talking in the garden, the noise didn't really travel to the rooms. The breakfast was delicious and almost too much to finish. Overall just very laid back, most guests are taking spanish lessons and sort of hang around the hostel for most of the day.

A great hostel with an awesome atmosphere and perfect if you're in Sucre to study Spanish. It has a very friendly and social environment, the breakfast is amazing and it's situated only a few blocks from the main square. There was also a gym only two blocks away which was great for me. If you're studying Spanish the hostel can actually organise you lessons which are very cheap!

Great food. Warm people. Perfect spot.

• 12th Jul 2015

this hostel has a really good vibe and the breakfast is amazing. spanish teachers are great and for a really fair prices. i highly recomend staying here - a lot of people stay here even longer as it is hard to leave :-)

Highly recommend this place...great breakfast and lovely vibe. Rooms are nice and facilities are good.

arrived 8 in the morning, nobody there. staff prepared coffee but nobody attended to me. left the place in the end after waiting for 40 minutes whilst in plain sight of staff. place not very clean

My favourite hostel in Bolivia. Superb value, great breakfast everyday, friendly staff, planned to be there for a couple of nights and stayed 2 weeks. I was very lucky to meet a wonderful blend of travellers across my stay which always helps, although the laid back atmosphere and wonderful open courtyard catching the sun all day contributed. Although I did not take espanol lessons at the hostel myself, you could see why it was such a popular activity. Keep up the great work Team Beehive! Lewis

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere. Very sociable, but in a relaxing chilled out kind of way. Very nice breakfast (oats and fruit!) which was a refreshing change to having eggs every day. Dorms are roomy and clean.

Breakfast was absolutely delicious!

• 29th Jun 2015