The Beehive Sucre Reviews

Calle Capitan Echeverria 31, Sucre, Bolivia

Great hostel! Very welcoming and relaxing. The breakfast is good and so is the food and cake from the cafe.

Very nice hostel. Great breakfast (choice of egg fritata, fruit salad or tasty porridge), comfortable common areas and excellent staff. Easy walk to the city centre. Only problems were lack of hot water and extremely patchy wifi.

It was so worth paying the extra £1 compared to other hostels. This was more like a house than a hostel. Very clean bedrooms, linen and bathrooms. Absolutely best breakfasts you'll find in south america... AND they make fresh cakes. You can also do Spanish lessons, Pilates etc etc. Great location too :)

I stayed here for a week, and I couldn´t have asked for a better hostel. While it lacks great internet, a tv and a suitably sized kitchen, it makes up for it with it´s atmosphere and volunteers. I was pretty sick during my stay, and a volunteer constantly checked up on me. Organized wally was a ton of fun, and it felt more like I was with family than just a bunch of backpackers. Awesome hostel, awesome volunteers, awesome carrot cake

I've been at Beehive for over two weeks now and I have only positive things to say. Sucre is a great place to stay in Bolivia, especially if you want to learn spanish. This hostel is super chill and has social events scheduled from time to time, including Wally, a more awesome version of indoor volleyball. The staff is helpful, professional, and friendly, including the volunteers, who put in a lot of work into the hostel. As it is wherever you go as a traveler, home is where you make it.

• 17th May 2014

Chilled out hostel about 6 blocks from the central plaza. Great hostel for what it does, i.e. chilled-out, learn Spanish with the excellent onsite teachers. *however* bear in mind there is a CURFEW of midnight during the week and 3am on weekends. This is stated by the hostel but can be missed, e.g. by myself :) I didn't find this to be a particularly social hostel. It's excellent for the type of place it is, but if you want to go out/party/socialise suggest to stay elsewhere.

I stayed for 4 days then switched to another hostel. The kitchen was super small without sufficient cutlery. There's only one worn-out cooking knife which bends while you cut. Garbage bin was always 200% full. But, there's actually a fully equipped big kitchen on G/F, but it's for staff only! Booked for 6 ppl dorm and they put me in the 10 ppl dorm coz "there's no cost difference". Some guests emptied their backpacks on the floor, the room was chaotic that I can't stand, but staff neglected it.

We value your feedback and apologize for your negative experience with us. Our guests do tend to be more conscientious travelers. Sadly, this was not the case during your stay. People always book the 6-bed dorm; they may not prefer it, so we do allow people to choose upon arrival. Dorm beds now have drawers, so belongings can be tucked away beneath bunks and volunteers have been told where to get more kitchen supplies. We always try to improve and hope our guests can appreciate this. Thanks!

Great vibe, nice place to stay - would definitely recommend.

Cozy spot, lots of activities available at the hostel, and yummy/healthy breakfast that you get to choose :)

The Beehive is great, a home away from home. People tend to stay for a week or longer (we did 5) - it is a great place to meet people and make friends. Spanish lessons are great value, and the activities put on by the staff are great. We've played Wally, had mid-week bbq's, Sunday lunch in the best local places and celebrated bdays etc with everyone here. The showers were a little problematic, but these have been fixed, and the kitchen had a overhaul (more space, cleaner etc). Highly recommended

A really lovely place to relax. It's not extremely close to the centre but not too far either. The staff and volunteers are fantastic. It felt more like being at home than in a hostel which is definitely a nice change!!

Great place to chill out and take Spanish lessons. 5-10 mins to main square. Breakfast is really good, beds are comfortable and dorms are spacious. Activities in the evenings and lots of people to hang out with. Don't miss wally and Spanish lessons with Abi were excellent. Showers can be cold and kitchen is a bit small but overall a great hostel.

If you're looking for more than just a bed for the night then the Beehive is the place to try and stay, i say try because it's was fully booked all the time I was there! Coming off the quiet street a few blocks from the main plaza you enter through a gated garden area which always looks great in the sunshine - the Hostel instantly had a warm inviting atmosphere, greeted by staff that knew my name on arrival is the kind of small detail that separates them from other hostels I've stayed in

Beautiful colonial house with a great garden to chill out, including a little library and reading area. Clean facilities and plenty of space at the courtyard. The dorms are big and comfortable with lockers. The staff is 2 lovely brothers both of them super helpful providing maps and info about sucre and surroundings. better breakfast than usual with juices and option for eggs or fruit salad besides the classical bread with butter and dulce de leche. Really good value!

Beautiful hostel. Booked two nights and ended up staying six. The breakfasts are the best I've had in four months of travelling. Really helpful staff. Lots of activities on offer without it feeling like exclusive organised fun. Ask Amanda about local eateries, for sure. Only thing is the bus from Uyuni gets in at 4am so you'll be stuck outside until 8am on arrival unless a volunteer wakes up to let you in. Stay here. Do it.

Cool place to chill for a while, especially to study Spanish. I planned on staying for a couple days and stayed for 10 days. Very chill vibe. Breakfast is excellent. The rooms are great. The only complaint I have is the "rules" are a bit excessive.

They offer a breakfast like no other in South America with your choice of oats, eggs, or fruit salad. Two really nice living room areas, a patio with hammock and space to dry clothes, porch, and activity room. The staff and owners are nice, beds are comfortable, just a few blocks away from the central market, and showers are good. Not a bad thing to say about the place.

A home away from home. Planing on staying for only a couple of days, this hostel sucked me in for over a month (and I haven't been the only one). A lovely and quiet little refuge within the sometimes quite chaotic Bolivia. Beautiful garden, nice and comfy beds, fantastic breakfast, great staff, sports and activities every day and somehow a meeting point for the most interesting and fun people I've met on my travels until now. A place to always come back to.

• 18th Feb 2014

stayed in the 8 bedroom dorm, which was spacious and had good beds. The beehive is a community hostal with good values which we appreciated. The breakfast is AMAZING! You can choose something different every day and it's all delicious! If it's fully booked, it can get a bit crowdy and noisy at night. Close to the center and plenty of information about Sucre! Staff member Sonia is a Speedy Gonzales and she can arrange tours and bus tickets.

Every1 at this hostel (from staff to fellow guests/travellers) was kind