The Beehive Sucre Reviews

Calle Avaroa 607, between Calle Azurduy and Calle La Paz, Sucre, Bolivia

BEST HOSTEL FOR A LONG STAY (and also for a short one)...so just stay there! Best breakfast on my south america trip so fair and I'm really picky about breakfast :) Lovely staff, helping you with everything, huge kitchen to cook together, pilates classes, wallyball games, ... What else could you ask for? ;) Thanks for everything my dear Beehive :)

• 16th Dec 2014

I've travelled to a fair part of the world and I can safely say that this hostel is the top best I've ever stayed in. The bedrooms are all super spacious, even the 10 bed dorm. It feels more like a home than a hostel really, with really nice & friendly staff, great breakfasts (eggs were my favourite) and general chilled out atmosphere. Plus the upstairs balcony has an amazing view of the mountains, especially at sunset. If you're looking for a round the clock party hostel this is not the place!

• 16th Dec 2014

When I arrived at The Beehive very early in the morning I was greeted with a cup of coffee and a warm bowl of delicious oats (they also have fruit & granola & egg frittata!). This hostel has a very relaxing atmosphere which is great. It's really close to the centre of town and Susi the owner and other staff are very helpful with local information. Susi even came to the hospital with me (twice!) when I unfortunately got sick. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at!

I loved my time at the Beehive. Meant to stay 4 weeks ended up staying 6. Staff are super friendly and make probably the best breakfast in south america (you have to try the eggs!) The garden is light and welcoming as are the large bedrooms and HUGE kitchen that was a pleasure to cook in. Try the carrot cake too - delish!

I would recommend putting a curtain in the bathrooms. It is very easy to see into the bathroom from certain places outside. The bathroom downstairs whould also have a curtain as the window is fairly transparent even though the glass is more obscure. I could still see inside.