The Bowery House Reviews

220 Bowery, New York, USA

The rooms are way to small. It was hard to sleep because I couldn't fully extend my legs (I'm 6 feet tall).

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

Excellent location! Very small rooms (cabins) and not suitable for tall people over 175cm! Very clean. A nice place if you are going to spend mist of your time out.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Sweden

I am only 1.6m tall, so I had a very comfy stay and I really liked the atmosphere.

I loved staying here. The location is literally where Chinatown/Soho/Noho/Greenwich/East Village all cross. Walking to anything in this part of lower Manhattan is incredibly convenient. Want to go to Midtown or Upper Manhattan??.. no problem - the train you need is about 5 min walk. They have 24hr security and always an additional 1 or 2 people at the check in desk. Also, the place wasn't too busy so I was able to be in a bunk room all by myself! It was plenty warm and everyone was really nice.

• 27th Jan 2015

Awesome location! Nice bathrooms! The rest is pretty average. Cabins are pretty much like sleeping in a dorm room as you can hear everything. Overpriced but i guess thats NYC for you.

Great location, short walk from the subway. Hostel was nice and clean. Some staff were great and useful, others were to busy watching videos on YouTube to greet you. The hostel is very secure, you have to leave your key on receiption if you are going out for any reason. Watch out if your in room 412, The air conditioning directly above you. Causing you will wake up with dry lips and bugs being blown out of it. Roof top garden was nice, giving you a nice view over New York, but was always empty.

Neighborhood seems a little scary . It was a little scary when I go out early in the morning And can come in at night . The room is on the order of about a little larger than a single bed . And it's a little darker . there Is a partition , but the sound of the next room I will . Staff still kind Can you shed movies on the roof at night every Thursday

Loved the atmosphere, the theme, and the staff was incredible. Roof top garden is a perfect place to chill out and relax. Perfect neighborhood and close to trains that will take you uptown or downtown. Walking distance for shops, bars,

• 9th Sep 2014

Single room is a wooden cabin. It allows somewhat privacy but you can still hear the person snoring next door. No ceilings. Beds are short. You have to bend your knees in order to fit. Bathrooms can be considered as clean. You can't compare it to a hotel but overall it is a high class hostel.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Staff answered any questions I had, and were inviting.

• 30th Aug 2014

The location is key. In the middle of a beautiful area of NY, bars and restaurants everywhere. Would definitely recommend this place. A word of warning, the rooms are comically small, but you shouldn't need to use it that much anyway!

• 28th Aug 2014

Very small rooms and noisy at night. Location was good.

• 24th May 2014

Bowery house was an ok place to stay, but nothing more. You could hear the night clubs below and it was very hot at night. Very small rooms ! When ur checking in, you have to pay either 50 $ ore they keep your passport in case of any damage. We gave our password, which they just had under the counter, not in a safe as promised. Also not impressed with the service, the hostel couldn't find our reservation at first, and the guy was pretty rude about it !

The price for a private room at this hostel is very reasonable considering its location in Manhatten. The private room is very small and the beds are short. The rooms are like cubicles, located in one very large room, making it very easy to hear anything going on in adjacent rooms. The bathrooms were stylish and kept clean. The staff at the desk were friendly and knowledgeable. I've stayed here twice and will return again. It suited all my needs for a place to stay on weekend trips in NYC.

• 28th Mar 2014

Bed's too small, I couldn't even straighten out on the bed without my head and feet hitting the walls. Rooms ridiculously small. Couldn't sleep, way too much noise. Toilets always disgusting.

• 20th Feb 2014

The hostel has a really cool vibe, its decorated really well and has some cool areas to hang out. However from a functionality standpoint, it's horrible. The sleeping arrangements are as bad as the reviews say. My partner and I were upgraded for free to private rooms - which are absolutely tiny. In a room which sleeps 40 people, it only takes 1 dude open mouth burping or gossiping on the phone to wake up the whole room. You will not sleep well. Definitely do not stay here for an extended period.

Avoid!!!!!

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Argentina

I always stay at the Bowery house when on a budget in NYC

Nice neighbourhood. Close to everything. The staff was very friendly. I think it was too expensive considering the size of the room. The bed just fit into the room (I'd rather call it a cubicle, since the walls didn't go all the way up to the ceiling and one could hear everything going on around - the hostel provided earplugs though) and I couldn't fully stretch. Also I could just fit my bag next to the bed. But I suppose it's cool if you're only going to sleep there. Bathrooms were clean.

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Denmark

Awesome place. Keep in mind that the rooms are small and little noisy, expecially if someone makes a call in his room. The staff is great and the place is well connected.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4