The Brit Hostel Zagreb Reviews

Zagreb, Kaciceva 3/1-3/2, Zagreb, Croatia

Quite an average hostel,with good facilities but poor atmosphere.

Decent hostel. Felt like anyone could walk in anytime so make sure to lock your stuff up. Close to city center and right near busy street. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great kitchen. Bar area was nice but incredibly uncomfortable. Beds were comfy, no complaints and the wifi was quality throughout the place. Would stay again.

Good location though quite a walk from the bus station. Matresses were terrible and lockers didn't accommodataccommodate backpacks. Staff was nice but the heat in the room didn't work at all

The location isn't bad, 15 mins walking to the main square.. and you've a tram from bus station to right on the corner of the hostel. Kitchen was good.

OK hostel, worth the money and close to city center. Cozy common room and nice atmosphere.

Staff were awesome to hang out with, cool people.. Yeh really nice hostel had good people there when i was there so atmosphere was always good! I was supposed to stay for 2 days and ended up staying like 8.. Good times! Cheers guys

staff member helped me order tortellini

Nice big hostel with comfortable beds. I was there in the off season so not much atmosphere but i can tell its fun in the summer. Met a cool croatian piano player and one of the cute guys who works there was eager to help me plan the rest of my trip.... Thank you!!

Great hostel! Just around the corner from the Brit square. Showers could be a little cleaner... But the staff were so friendly and helpful! Great atmosphere. Thank you!

Great location, really helpful friendly staff. Great bar area

Walking distance about 15-20mins from main square, felt safe and secure, nice modern buildings.

A good hostel with nice facilities. It's located right near the main square with easy access to public transport. The atmosphere was a little quiet but it was good for a night's stay.

Nice common area, had a piano, when we were there very quite so not very social

Nice common area. Around 2 km from the train station and 1 km from the main square. We only stayed one night but it was worth it.

Considering all the reviews for the Brit were great, we had high expectations for it. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the location is good (the number 6 tram stops just outsides which takes you to the bus station, and the city square is a ten minute stroll away), but the atmosphere was completely bland which made the stay disappointing. The hostel facilities are all good and clean, and it will more than do the job. However, I wouldn't stay here again

Lovely, clean hostel with large rooms and good size kitchen and common area. I had booked a 10 bed hostel and one night it was only me in there and the other 2 nights I stayed there was only 3 of us - I guess it was kind of nice but felt a bit empty but nonetheless the hostel was still lovely and had really good facilities

This is one of the best places I've ever been to. Seriously, it has everything you need, the location is great and the staff is awesome! (Free cookies and the BEST coffee there is ;) ). It's a good price, the atmosphere is great, they have free wifi, computers, lockers, spacious bathrooms and rooms, they give free cookies and let you try and buy alcohol and other drinks at a very good price. You also have a full equipped kitchen and there are many stores near by. Totally recommend it!

Perfect hostel for Zagreb. Loved the accommodations as well as the staff and it has air conditioning! Only gripe would be that if your backpacking, the closet they give you doesn't allow them to fit in but we were all so comfortable with The Brit that we were never nervous. Loved it!

• 18th Aug 2015

Really nice hostel, staff were really friendly and kindly did our laundry for us when we needed it done urgently after Sziget festival. Nice common room with computers free to use and a bar. Could possibly do with more toilets/ showers on the floors but overall an excellent hostel. Stay here if visiting Zagreb

really great hostel with friendly staff and great communal areas!!!