The Brit Hostel Zagreb Reviews

Zagreb, Kaciceva 3/1-3/2, Zagreb, Croatia

I stayed in Zagreb for just one night and I'm happy that I chose to stay at the Brit Hostel. It was very easy to get to and from the bus and train station. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hostel had a good atmosphere. The price was very reasonable too!

Perfect place to stay! Staffs were so nice and friendly and everything is perfect!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Nice and clean, with great shower/toilet facilities. Bar and lounge downstairs great for hanging out, plus good wifi. Near old town area and 10 minute walk from train station. Very nice staff who were very helpful with questions or anything really. Definitely recommend.

Really great hostel with staff that bend over backwards to help you with anything. Dorms are super clean with nice shower and bathroom facilities. Bar and lounge downstairs to hang out, plus great modern kitchen. Close to all the main sights and an easy 10 minute walk to train station. I would highly recommend.

Absolutely amazing staff! The place is great!

• 6th Jul 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed in, the staff was amazing they help us with everything gave us tips, everything was new and clean and great value for money !

Easy to get to from the main train station, nice central location to all the sights, and the staff was very helpful with directions— even helping with luggage up the stairs! The rooms were bright and airy, and the AC worked well, and the facilities clean. The couches in the common room were a slightly awkward height, though— very tall.

Super clean hostel on excellent location (just off ilica, one of zagreb's most known street) and very friedly staff. I'd,highly recommend it.

Very friendly staff. Hostel has a great layout, very bright and welcoming. Toilet, shower and floors were a bit dirty but overall it was good.

The directions were okay and even the tram driver helped direct me toward the corner I needed to go to get to the hostel. Everyone was helpful and I even added a night because Zagreb was a pretty enough town. Plus, it had a piano.

Honestly I wasn't expecting much since it was called the Brit Hostel. I managed hostels before and always stayed in hotels and have a high expectation of cleanliness, because honestly I'm not going to be best buddies with the staff and since it's a hostel, I would expect it to be 1/4 of the cost of a hotel. I'm giving this hostel FIVE stars though, because even though I have high criteria and usually stay in hotels, this hostel met my expectations as a cheaper alternative and just as good.

The hostel is super clean and within walking distance to everything! It wasn't a very social atmosphere when I was there but everything else is great and the staff was very helpful!

The Brit Hostel is one of the most cozy hostel I've stayed in europe. The lounge is one of my favorite spot in the hostel as it really helps to bring backpackers together and share our experiences. The receptionist was welcoming when we checked in. Location of hostel is about 15mins walk from the train station and around 10mins away from the main streets of zagreb. The hostel is generally clean and the toilet facilities are really good. Overall, we've enjoyed my stay in The Brit Hostel!

Average hostel. In fairness my stay was somewhat effected by the large party that was there as it meant I didn't really want to go in the lounge in the evening (the only nice bit). There are too many people in the hostel, there aren't enough plugs and the kitchen is too small. Bedroom was annoying because I had no plug on the top bunk. Wifi kept cutting out. People were constantly going in and out of the bedroom and talking so I had trouble sleeping. But there is a nice cafe in the lounge.

Great place, great atmosphere, great staff! I'd visit Zagreb again just to stay at Brit Hostel.

I stayed in Brit Hostel with my family.Apart from being located close to the city centre and good grocery stores , this place has everything you need ! The staff made us feel like at home. Super friendly and very helpful. The place was clean and well organized.I witnessed kitchen being cleaned every 4 hours ! After personally meeting the manager in charge I was even more delighted to hear about her approach towards the hospitality. I am coming back :) Cheers :)

• 8th May 2014
  • India

Great Hostel, lovely staff, I'd stay here again

Great hostel, very centrally located, spotlessly clean, and really some of the friendliest and most helpful staff we have encountered in Croatia. The place has been recently renovated by owners who clearly care a lot about their business and the staff do a good job maintaining the place. The bathrooms in particular were top notch. FYI tram car number 6 goes from the bus station past the train station and stops right around the corner from Brit Hostel, super easy and saves a walk.

The place is really nice and clean. Friendly staff. The location is also good, close to the main road. I have to complain about the noise though. There were people singing, laughing and playing a guitar until 1:30 or later, and it seemed people upstairs were dancing or jumping in the room. I could hardly sleep. Apart from that, I would stay there again.

Very nice and clean. The upper bunk bed is lower than most. So you will likely hit your head if you are staying on the lower bunk. I stayed in a 12bed dorm and the bunks are separated from each other by about 3-4ft.