The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Tell customers in bold to bring their own locks. Specify size of padlock for lockers as well.

• 7th Feb 2016
  • South Africa

Great stay:)

• 31st Jan 2016

A brunette long hair girl who works in the bar was very rude to me because I had a bottle of water inside the bar, I was not even drinking it and she came took it out of my hands and threw it away in a very bad manner. Apart from that I didn't have any problem.

• 29th Jan 2016

It was a perfect stay there. Very near from the center. Helpful stuff very cooperated and perfect location recommended

We had a great time here, the room was spacious, bed was good, clear wifi and free breakfast was great! It was also very friendly and social. The coffee shop has quite a strong scent, so if you're opposed to that maybe think twice, otherwise it was exactly what we wanted and we would definitely stay here again.

They was a group of 8 of us, which the woman explained its shouldnt have been booked online and should of been arranged through telephone, which she said dont worry about it. We had never stayed in a hostel before which we wasnt sure but it was great! The guys we spent the weekend with in the room were lovely. So yeah we had a great weekend carnt wait to come back. Thank you we look forward to staying with uses again😝

• 15th Jan 2016

I get that it's Amsterdam, I get that it has its cannabis reputation. It's a cool city, I don't care. However when you hire check in staff that are completely apathetic to any sort of interest in you or your experience then you aren't displaying yourself well. Also don't much care for being stopped and questioned by staff because I "looked like someone else". Room lockers are way too small. People want to put luggage in them, not their school books. Decent location in the city, nothing special.

Had a great time here! Place has everything you need and location is bang in the middle! Will definitely be back again!

• 15th Jan 2016

Great hostel, good facilities, staff were always willing to help and give recommendations.

The hostel had a really good vibe and an awesome bar downstairs that played great music. The free breakfast was awesome! My bed was comfortable and warm, however the locker I had been designated had an old lock remaining on it so I had to borrow one of the other free lockers in the room. The bathroom was simple, perhaps addition of a shower curtain would be helpful. All up I loved my stay at the bulldog and I would be very keen to come back when I return to Amsterdam!

This hostel is central to everything you could ever need while in Amsterdam. Just a quick walk or bike ride to museums, street food, shopping, "shopping", and coffee shops.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We had a great time at the hostel! The beds were comfy and clean. The location is perfect - right in the action and the downstairs bar plays awesome music! Highly recommended.

Very good.

• 2nd Jan 2016

That was absoloutley great , people , staff, new years eve, rooms ... . Cheers at bulldog!

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Iran

It's simply ok for short stay. Nothing extraordinary. Good security. I didn't like that the smell of the weed was everywhere.. Even when you enter the reception or even when I opened the window of my dormitory. And the available computer was too outdated and I couldn't check my e-mails or print my plane tickets.

• 24th Dec 2015

The security and staff were very helpful. The lounge is a perfect place to relax. The room was clean.

Even if you don't stay for the obvious reason, it is still a great hostel. The bed was comfortable, the locker large, toilet and shower in the room, good breakfast, excellent wifi throughout the building, efficient and friendly staff, washer/dryer available, excellent location. Even with people sleeping throughout the day, they managed to keep the room reasonable clean Well recommended.

Need better lockers and no power points for some beds.

Great experience at the hostel that was friendly and open to have fun and enjoy Amsterdam and what it all has to offer!

Not the best of areas although door security helps to prevent some of the dodgy people hanging around from getting in, it is a bit much, not the most secure area it seems. Also unfortunately the staff was unhelpful with the problems us travellers face during these uncertain times, and not willing to cancel future bookings even with prior notice given. Wouldn't stay here again unless there was no other option.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5