The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

only stayed here for one night, everything was fine. people/staff were really friendly. only thing was the lockers are really narrow and my backpack didnt fit in so i just left it locked on my bed which was fine...they have luggage rooms downatairs anyway if people didnt want to do that. location is perfect, youre in walking distance of everything. overall i enjoyed my stay here and i would go back ☺

Great atmosphere

• 16th Apr 2015

the best hotel in the best location in Amsterdam ... I really recommend it

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Great Hostel to meet people and explore Amsterdam!

Close to train station, and just a street away from the red light district. The smell of herbal mix (weeds I guess) lingered along the street, but the bars are crowded with people. The dormitory I stayed at for three nights was quiet and clean (though I know it really depends on what kind of people you meet, all about luck!). Breakfast included, they have a super cool toasters and clips for you to make your own cheese and ham sandwich. No refrigerator nor any common area.

Bulldog is an amazing hostel.!!!!! It's absolutely a great choice if you visiting Amsterdam.!!! The staff very friendly and helpful. The room and bed both clean and atmosphere is just perfect.!!! The location is definitely excellent. And I have met some great guys in here. that is a fabulous experience stay in this hostel.. I will choose Bulldog again when I visit Amsterdam next time.!!!

SO AWESOME!!! Great value for the money! Location is unbeatable! 5 minutes from Central Station and 1 minute from the Red Light District. Went to Amsterdam with no expectations and they helped us so much! Loved our stay, would go back ASAP!

It is a nice place if all you want to do is party and get high for a couple of days, which I think thats amsterdam basically.

Literally an amazing hostel. Would recommend to anyone who was planning to try and stay cheaply in Amsterdam.

• 24th Mar 2015

Great location just at red light district! But a bit noise becoz the bar just at the flag round floor! Nice breakfast!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Bulldog. I am planning on staying there again if I ever get to go back to Amsterdam.

• 21st Mar 2015

Absolutely loved staying at the Bulldog! Thanks guys!

• 20th Mar 2015

Excellent stay, great location.

Unfortunately the company we had in the room was not great. People that had left beer everywhere spilled all over the floor when we first arrived. They also kept us up all night. Obviously, this sometimes happens but it is not something you want to have to deal with

I guess the Hostel can be considered a good place for cannabis lovers but it's definitely not open to all other types of travellers. The room was not exactly clean and neither was the bathroom. The lobby is inside the coffee shop. There's no quiet place where to rest and read or listen to some music far from smoke. The quality of the breakfast was extremely low. Definitely not Worth the 28 euros I have paid and below the standard you expect. Very disappointing!

• 15th Feb 2015

Would recommend this to anyone. Great locations and very safe atmosphere. The staph was so professional and helpful!

Everything was fine.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Had a Great time once Again, The Reception Guy who does t he check in, Sorry I can't remember his name ! Anyway he, Remembered me from my last stay and greeted me as such, Impressive considering how many guests you turnover. Pablo in the Bar was Great and I felt well looked after

I really like this place.near the red light, train station want u want to go everywhere.hostel's bar every time full.that was really clean.

This hostel provide all the essentials, including a great breakfast , but the is no kitchen for use by guests. Guests are not allowed to bring food on the which is a bit annoying , but aside from that it is OK. The showers were good, but missing screens so everything in the gets wet if you shower. The atmosphere is good but it is a bit commercial. It is a pretty good hostel to stay.