The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We really enjoyed our stay at the Bulldog & will definitely recommend it to friends!

• 24th May 2015

Free herbal-mix in the bar after breakfast time and being right next to the touristy red light district would appeal to most people. Smokers definitely loved the place while non-smokers avoided the bar.

We had an amazing time! Great location and such a good atmosphere, loads of friendly people and staff. Best place to stay in Amsterdam!

• 18th May 2015

Smell of end overwhelming but facilities great in every other way.

• 17th May 2015

This hostel was all about the location for me, great environment and the security was good which was very comforting as I was travelling alone.

A bit overpriced to be honest, not really worth the hype. I stayed here for one night hoping to meet some fantastic people but really turned out to be an average place. The hostel is very clean though and there is Wi-Fi in rooms. Location is bang on the infamous Red Light district, lots of lechers all around you.

The atmosphere is great but our room smelt terrible and there was no security on the window so you couldn't leave it open. It wasn't smoky just very musty. The bathroom also fogs up easily and there is only one mirror so you have to wait a while. Location is prime for the red light district. For other attractions its not bad either. We even walked to Anne Frank House which really wasn't too bad about 10-15 minutes.

Very close to the red light district, but security for the place was awesome. Quite loud on the main floor with the cafe and the lounge, but noise was not heard from the rooms upstairs. Staff were very helpful, would definitely return.

Beds were amazing best ever bit noisey in the mornings but hey its amsterdam

• 12th May 2015

Not the best or cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at but its okay to good overall.

This hostel was in a good location and the staff were nice. But the room wasn't very clean, the toilet which is right off the room smelt horrible all the time. The beds they assigned us had not been cleaned/changed when we got there. The lock on my locker and on the bathroom were broken. The bar on the bottom floor is fun. This isn't a horrible hostel but I wouldn't stay here again

Bulldog is located right in the middle of The Red Light District, which is very useful. Internet was good and there is a bar on site. Basically paying for location but all around good stay

Thought the staff and atmosphere of the bulldog was amazing!

• 8th May 2015
  • Wales

I felt I got what I paid for and I liked the location.

Perfect location middle of city on a lively street with a canal in front and where all the people wander around at night. Even though it's in the red light district it's a very safe area. I arrived at 1am alone on foot and it felt safe because there is always other people around. The hostel itself has their own security on the door. Everything with the hostel was good- clean, big locker, breakfast included, power sockets by each bed, unlimited wifi but it sometimes disconnects.

All of the staff we engaged with were friendly and courteous . I have no hesitation reccomending the Bulldog to anyone.

If you are planning to do Amsterdam the way it should be done, than The Bulldog is the place for you to stay. I've stayed at many hostels during my trip and it is still the Bulldog that was my favourite. Great experience

Great location, super safe with security and don't be put off by red light district- actually really safe. Big hostel and difficult to socialise in social areas due to big groups. Staff nice enough but lacking a little knowledge about things I would expect hostel staff to know normally like walking tours. Good standard of cleanliness and breakfast was okay, nothing special... Amsterdam prices unfortunately but value for money seems good compared to other Amsterdam hostels I looked at.

only stayed here for one night, everything was fine. people/staff were really friendly. only thing was the lockers are really narrow and my backpack didnt fit in so i just left it locked on my bed which was fine...they have luggage rooms downatairs anyway if people didnt want to do that. location is perfect, youre in walking distance of everything. overall i enjoyed my stay here and i would go back ☺

Great atmosphere