The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The security guard refused to let me in with a pizza, even though the hostel's policy clearly stated it's allowed. When I started to argue he pushed me on the shoulder. First time something like this even happened to me. I never received any apology from any of the staff members. Abysmal Apart from the terrible staff, the place is nothing special in general. Overhyped bar, and location close the red lights district which gets annoying very fast.

Would be great if the hostel had more info on amsterdam nightlife, or organised a pub crawl so people who want to see the nightlife know where to go. The red light district is pretty boring if you're not into looking at strippers. We found a nightclub on our last night by pure luck. The hostel bar is great for starting the night, but you can only play pool for so many hours. Otherwise everything else was great! Thanks for looking after us x

Perfect location. Chill staff. Has a coffee shop next door if you're into that sort of thing. But quite crowded with plenty of party people. The lockers were too small for larger backpacks and could not fit suitcases. There was no kitchen. There was only one shower per room. Guests had food in the room and in the bathroom--that's what you get for not having a kitchen. Kinda gross.

Great hostel experience! The Bulldog is in a perfect location where you walk out the door and you're in the middle of the city. The people staying at the hostel as well as the staff were very welcoming and willing to answer any questions. Not very many hangout areas besides the bar but there is a little lounge on the rooftop that not many people knew about but definitely pretty. Wifi works very well which is a plus. Overall, great stay and definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!

Great location. Can smoke hash in the bar which is awesome, you can also go next door to their coffee shops to buy it. The rooms are small and it's more of a hotel instead of hostel but the staff is super nice

Good job, but please make better breakfast :)

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

Expensive, I know but an amazing hostel! Fun bar downstairs. Super nice staff! wonderful location across the canal from the red light district and right in the middle of everything.

If you are going to be in the middle of the nightlife- this is definitely the spot! The bar was nice downstairs and the food was pretty decent. It was my first time staying in a hostel and it wasn't too shabby!

• 11th Jul 2015

Breakfast should go until 11 instead of 10.

This hostel is in the best part of town, right in the red light district. Atmosphere in the hotel lobby is fantastic, facilities were clean and I met amazing people... will be back

Wonderful location! Lovely staff! Clean beds! Ensuite for our room was always clean! LOVED IT!

Great stay. Well organised backpackers.

Absolutely loved this hostel. Will definitely be back next time I'm in Amsterdam

I enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is in a phenomenal location, you can walk to most things in the city from here. The staff was great. The coffeeshop and bar are fantastic. My only complaint is no hand soap in the dorm restrooms. I'll definitely go back here if I'm in Amsterdam again.

Very cool place. Right outside the Red Light District which makes for an interesting walk home from the bars at night. Facilities are a little below average but the location is worth the trade off.

Nice hostel in the centre of the Red Light District, so a bit touristy and loud, also the bar isn't really the best place for socialising as it's quite loud and dingy. Facilities and staff are great though and the location is really in the heart of Amsterdam so it just really depends what you're looking for

Great hostel and fab location, room needed a big clean but could've been attributed to the girls in my room.

-Nice rooftop to hangout -10 person room had 1 toilet & 1 shower -you can smoke up at the bar, just no cigarettes -free breakfast provided -shower had hot water -aircon in the room -luggage can be placed in the holding room before check in and after check out -location is good, right in the middle of the city near the red light district -personal lockers provided but bring your own lock

The hostel was great and there was an amazing atmosphere in the lounge bar. Some staff were unfriendly though but the majority were lovely!

• 29th Jun 2015

Being right in the middle of the red light district, I was worried this place might be a bit crazy. But the staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, and the service was great. I would definitely stay here again- close to everything! Great for meeting people but also as a home base if you already have your plans made. I'm a bit older than most of the people in my dorm, but everyone was very friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5