The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location of the hostel is bang in the middle of the Red Light District and there are a lot of coffee shops, bars and clubs nearby so all-in-all had a really nice experience staying at The Bulldog.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • India

Second time I stayed at this hostel. The best part by far is the lounge bar, where you can relax and meet people. The rooms this time was really tight with the beds too close to each other, even for a hostel last time was better. Anyway, probably staying at this place again.

Solid hostel, in the center of Amsterdam. Party place, still pricey but not horrible. I'd stay again. Wouldn't mind a bigger locker.

Definitely a party hostel. I was surprised by how dirty the rooms were and how old the facilities felt (like the lockers and beds), but I'm sure this was due to how crazy the guests get and their lack of regard to be clean and respectful. I didn't love that the bar was open to the public because I had a few run ins with older men wanting to buy me a drink. Other than that it was a great hostel and a really incredible location.

Absolutely fantastic central location. Staff are really great and welcoming. Bar/restaurant area is cool, open late. Can smoke the green in there too. Beds are a bit small and lockers are small but that's the only downsides I'd say! Would stay here again.

It was a great place. Close to red light district. Good security. Felt safe. All round great

Right in the middle of the city center and red light district, you can't go wrong with this hostel. My only small complaint is that the bottom bunks are so close to the top bunks that you can't sit down or even put on shoes comfortably.

The hostel was brilliantly located in the centre of town and close to the train station. It was well secure and the staff were friendly. The beds were comfortable and I appreciated having two bathrooms in my 12 bed room. My only complaint is the lack of common areas, aside from the bar which was very dark inside and I was told I had to buy a drink when I sat down. That paired with no organised activities made it very hard to make new friends as a solo traveler.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

The wifi wasn't that good.. Always logged in and out but it is a hostel. GREAT location & atmosphere! The only thing is that the breakfast is NOT what was on their website... It's very very basic. Meats & cheese and bread... So I was a little bummed. Also, staff seemed irritated that we came down at 9:40 to eat... It didn't end till 10. But besides that great little hostel and good facilities!

Although I only stayed one night I will defiantly stay again if I visit with friends, it was so clean and friendly the breakfast was nice and everything was extremely accommodating. Thank you

• 16th Aug 2015

Overall, good stay. Amazing location. Being the only two girls in a dorm with 10 guys was...interesting. We survived! Lockers were great, plenty room. Good breakfast, helpful staff. May just have been us but didn't really get the chance to socialise with other travellers - lounge more like a restaurant than a living room. But

The staff couldn't have been more helpful. I was in a mixed dorm but it was just me and 7 men - which was perhaps why the shower room (which is separate from the toilet) stank of urine. If I stayed again i'd probably stay in a female dorm just to escape the urine. This hostel is in a fantastic location, but it's not a good hostel for meeting new people. Still, I did meet some people in my dorm. I've heard that the Flying Pig Downtown hostel is much better, but the rooms book up weeks before.

Great location, atmosphere and staff. Everything else was quite average.

I love Amsterdam and I love Bulldog! Everything is awesome here!

Great place

• 4th Aug 2015

Great place to stay for a short trip to Amsterdam. Everything worked well, location was as good as it gets.

If you're looking for a party hostel, this is your place. It's in a great location and the bar downstairs was always full. If you're in Amsterdam to sight see and not spend the whole trip stoned and drunk, do not stay here. It was loud, our lockers were broken, the entire place reeked of weed, the shower was disgusting, and we cancelled our remaining nights and went to a hotel. The staff members were very nice, the wifi connection was strong, and the beds were comfortable though.

Great hostel just think value for money could have been a bit better considering we payed a decent amount for a 12 person dorm

I really enjoyed staying at BullDog. I love the building, and the people working there. They were really nice and willing to help. The place is awesome.

Backpackers hostel. Heaps of fun. Great location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6