The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2007 Total Reviews

There was nothing exactly wrong with the hostel, I just wouldn't stay there again. There was no common room, just a bar where anyone could gather. So as a solo traveller, it was a tad difficult to make friends at the hostel that way. The location was great, easy to walk everywhere from the hostel, breakfast was nothing special, there was no kitchen, and the staff was okay (not friendly but not rude).

One issue I had: they make you let them hold onto your passport or drivers license to get a room ID. This made no sense to me, and I hate handing over my passport.

Great experience! I recommend!

Best hostel in Amsterdam!!! Can't ask for a better location or better bar and all you need around. Not the place for relaxation for sure, this is a place to have fun

Excellent place to stay in the heart of amsterdam.

• 30th Sep 2014

It was a very nice hotel! But I was a little disappointed on the breakfast...

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

I guess it's a great hostel if you're looking for a good party. Even though I wasn't, I enjoyed my stay a lot. Don't expect to fit any bag in the lockers, but at least there are lockers.

A great hostel if you are looking to meet other backpackers and experience everything the red light district has to offer. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was pretty good. The lockers could be a bit better.

• 24th Sep 2014

I think this place is definitely worth to stay at when you are in Amsterdam. The lounge is nice, they also offer breakfast there. The location is good, central.

This hostel has a very good vibe, with great location, very safe and clean. Mattresses are really comfortable. The bar offers good food and beer (I'd recommend trying their hamburger with fries). However, compared to the other hostels I've stayed in Europe my feeling is that staff could be more friendly. Nice place for enjoying some crazy nights in Amsterdam.

Very good location

The staff wasn't friendly, no matter if they were stressed out because of the people or not. Rooms and facilities could be cleaner, especially in dorms. However, the location was really good and breakfast was fine, too.

Awesome spot to stay in Amsterdam. This visit was only a short one on my way to other parts of Holland. Close to the train station and right in the heart of the nightlife of Amsterdam! A little on the pricey side for a hostel but you do get what you pay for. Easy to meet people as well.

There is no soap in any of the restrooms. That is disgusting. The place is a cesspool of germs. They also need to be cleaned more often. There's urine everywhere. I had a soap in one of the restrooms, and the cleaning person threw it away. I ripped my shorts in half on one of your cheap bunk beds. The breakfast could really use some kind of fresh fruit. The lockers almost feel on me twice. We really could've used at least one fan in our room, probably two.

• 3rd Sep 2014

I stayed in the 14 person dorm. As with any massive hostel, the social atmosphere were average and the staff were helpful but disengaged. The location was great, right in the middle of Amsterdam's raw and rowdy red light district. The facilities were clean and the bouncer out the front made you feel safe at night.

The location is amazing, the staff is amazing, the coffeshop is great, but the rooms had what you needed except for space. The room was very packed and once there are a few suitcases in the way, you have to long jump over bags to get to your bed. Other than that, this place was perfect for a red light experience.

• 30th Aug 2014

It's impossible to find a better location than this! Really enjoyed my stay here and couldn't have imagined it any other way. I will say that I'm lucky I met another backpacker because there were mostly groups staying in my dorm - I might recommend the place more for groups. Regardless, sweet place with awesome bar and rooftop terrace!

I liked this place. Not the cleanest hostel ever but not the worst either. Overall a cool place to stay if you're keen to just party and aren't looking for the cleanest, most comfortable hostel available.

The showers that don't have separation with the sink is a big inconvenient (have to use the squeegee...).

Felt more like a Hotel than a Hostel. Top quality facilities but not much atmosphere. Bar downstairs is very good though!

« first « Prev 1 2 3