The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2049 Total Reviews

Great location (right in the heart of the red light district). Staff are really nice and helpful. Wifi is FREE everywhere inside! Thought I was staying in a 12 bed dorm, but ended up in an 8 bed dorm-great! Lockers were narrow (typical) and only fit skinny locks (sold at front desk if yours doesn't fit). Bathrooms cleaned everyday. I left my bag in the luggage room on check out day for free. Free breakfast is simple but good for saving money, don't suggest eating the burger for dinner though. :)

It was great!!!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Usually, this is the kind of place I avoid, but a short notice hostel in Ams can be a challenge.. So in that context... I didn't have a bad few days there. The staff are friendly, effective and when needed blunt, which I like. The location is great and the breakfast, tho simple and ends at 10, is appreciated. I would not say its a good place for a solo traveler, unless you are the kind who walks into a busy bar of strangers and makes a load of friends. I think 12 is also too many for a dorm.

1 2 3 Next » last »