The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2035 Total Reviews

It was just one day that i had to stay but it was very nice experience and located at the center of amsterdam central. very nice rooms, staffs were very great and cheerful. will definitely make my stays there in the next trips

My husband and I enjoyed our time at The Bulldog very much. He quickly decided it was his favorite place in Amsterdam and enjoyed spending our evenings back at the hostel bar, which was great for cheap drinks. Our beds were very comfortable and we both used our lockers (locks sold in the lobby vending machine if you need). The shower and toilet areas smelled a bit, but it wasn't too much of a bother. We felt safe the entire time. The wifi was great as well.

• 24th Jul 2014

Was good fun, clean rooms, lockers, clean bathrooms, some nice staff. Can smoke weed downstairs or on rooftop terrace but tobacco outside. Was right in red light district and around the corner from the dam rak (city centre) prime position, very very safe area, made lots of friends. Love it

• 19th Jul 2014

Had a great time Felt safe and secure Staff very helpfull Have been to AMSTERDAM 17 times over 20 years & first stay at the Dog I will return for sure See you next year guys:)

Very good hostel Excellent location. Coffee shops are downstairs! Def going back there.

The Bulldog Hostel was clean with friendly staff and excellent facilities including a roof terrace and a bar that served reasonably priced nice food. It's location in the centre of Amsterdam meant we could walk to all the tourist attractions. Would definitely recommend to any young travellers.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel is in a good location in the red light district but it is more akin to a hotel than a hostel. It was quite expensive and definitely a party hostel. I was disappointed to find that there was no non-commercial common area to chill out in, only the loud bar or coffeeshop.

The only real downfall of this place was the staff. They were often very quick to get impatient and would not always answer your questions or give you the time of day. Otherwise we really liked it. The bathrooms could be cleaner but that's more of a technicality as they were still useable and reasonably nice :-) PowerPoints for every bed were a huge plus!

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that our staff did not meet your expectations. This is pretty unusual for us as we see how hard our staff are working everyday. We're happy that you still managed to enjoy your time with us.

Best breakfast

Thanks. Glad we could get you off to a good start in the morning!

If your only looking for a great location then this is the hostel to be at. But apart from that the hostel is really expensive for the value of it. If your a single traveler, you do not meet anyone as everyone is reserved and in big groups and the hostel lack character for solo travelers. I felt that I paid way too much than what is has to offer. Overall one of the worst hostel I stayed in.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Thank you for the review. We fell terrible that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will take your comments on board and do our best to improve. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

1 2 3 Next » last »