The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I stayed at the Buldog for three nights! The location is great, very close to pretty much everything. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If I'm back in Amsterdam I would deffinetly stay again!

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Hungary

Great location. Nice bar downstairs with good food. Friendly Staff. Shower drain was a bit slow and flooded the bathroom.

I stayed there for 4 nights and i absolutely loved the place. The reviews really explain everything here. It's a place for people who want to be in the center of everything. Definitely not for someone whose looking to relax. It was clean and secure, good spacious rooms, met some nice people. I absolutely loved the bar downstairs, their chicken wings are to die for, me and my friends must've had atleast 20 plates of them. Although i do feel the bar is a little overpriced.

great hostel, great location.

The hostel was in a great central location and it was easy to navigate around the city. The rooms were clean and the staff were helpful :)

Easy to find from Amsterdam central station. Very comfortable beds and plenty of space. Lockers didn't lock at all and there was only one washing machine and dryer in the building. Wifi kept cutting off and forcing you to re-enter the password. The only common area was the downstairs bar. Very much a hostel aimed towards the herb loving travelers.

The hostel is advertised as a "five star hostel" and one of the best hostels in the world, the pictures on the website also look like an amazing clean and modern place but no, nothing of what I've just said fulfilled my (or my companions) expectations. The staff are very friendly and flexible but the carpets in the rooms or halls are very dirty, the beds are rusty all over and the paint on the walls looks old and lacking of maintenance. Also the lot needs some upgrade.

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

All in all I had a great experience staying at the Bulldog. I would recommend it. It was clean enough (I've seen much dirtier), they had laundry on site (€5, all inclusive), the showers were warm, the rooms were warm enough and dark enough, and breakfast was great. Plenty of breads and meats and cheeses and yogurts and granolas. Location was wonderful, and I recommend participating in the Red Light Pub Crawl. I don't smoke, so I can't speak for the weed, but I hear it's wonderful.

Great location. No real common room area, more a hotel with dorm rooms. Lockers were often broken and difficult to open/close

Brilliant atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff :) in the best location right in the middle of it all but felt safe and secure.

• 28th Sep 2015

Nice hostel and really close to the red light district. Would say that this is a party hostel so if your not into that dont stay! Really clean and breakfast is great!

Fantastic!

The bulldog isn't really like a hostel, but more like a hotel with dorm rooms. There is no kitchen, common area or organised activities. The wifi kicks you off every time your phone locks & it was the most expensive hostel I've ever stayed in. On a positive note the rooms are large clean & comfortable with a shower & toilet in the rooms and the bar/lounge downstairs is good to hang out in. It is located right in the centre of the red light district. I would stay elsewhere next time I visit.

Great place, you get what you pay for. Breakfast is pretty sweet as, probably the best coffee with a free breakfast I've ever had, it's still instant coffee, but better than other places. Room was clean, good shower, however no space to store anything in the shower really besides in the sink. Staff were great, very helpful, genuine and decent people. 8/10.

• 22nd Sep 2015

No kitchen as they have a restaurant. Excellent location! Friendly staff. Would recommend. Good security!!

Good place to stay - safe and secure. Very close to the train station, in the heart of the night life. There is a bar on the first level. breakfast is included. I needed to go very early in the morning, breakfast was not ready, but the staff immediately offer me coffee and some danish. Very nice from their side. Thank you :)

Although I didnt spend mouch time in the hostal I found the reception staff to be friendly and helpfull.Bed was comfortable,maybe too much so as I overslept haha.Couldnt find a key to lock my locker which worried me and I left some clothes on top of the bed as I left in a rush.Please ask if they have them,I e mailed them earlier. Overall I wouls stay there again and recomment it.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

This Hostel was in a really great location, right beside the red light district & close to the train station & centre. Food everywhere. Beds were really comfy & room/ hostel was very clean. Security guard on the door at all times. The priciest hostel we stayed in, you're mainly paying for location. Not sure if I personally enjoyed the atmosphere.

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Maybe something can be done on that front.

Everything I wanted or needed was nearby, including their bar on the first floor and coffeeshop next door. The staff was patient, helpful, and friendly, which I think is always crucial.