The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Bulldog is located right in the middle of The Red Light District, which is very useful. Internet was good and there is a bar on site. Basically paying for location but all around good stay

THIS is the place to be in Amsterdam! Security is very high - they make sure you're a guest at the door and you have lockers in the room. They have a rooftop terrace, downstairs lounge & 2 smoke shops. I felt safe, i felt we were in the center of town and could walk anywhere. Great location, great staff…

Thought the staff and atmosphere of the bulldog was amazing!

• 8th May 2015
  • Wales

I felt I got what I paid for and I liked the location.

Perfect location middle of city on a lively street with a canal in front and where all the people wander around at night. Even though it's in the red light district it's a very safe area. I arrived at 1am alone on foot and it felt safe because there is always other people around. The hostel itself has their own security on the door. Everything with the hostel was good- clean, big locker, breakfast included, power sockets by each bed, unlimited wifi but it sometimes disconnects.

All of the staff we engaged with were friendly and courteous . I have no hesitation reccomending the Bulldog to anyone.

If you are planning to do Amsterdam the way it should be done, than The Bulldog is the place for you to stay. I've stayed at many hostels during my trip and it is still the Bulldog that was my favourite. Great experience

Great location, super safe with security and don't be put off by red light district- actually really safe. Big hostel and difficult to socialise in social areas due to big groups. Staff nice enough but lacking a little knowledge about things I would expect hostel staff to know normally like walking tours. Good standard of cleanliness and breakfast was okay, nothing special... Amsterdam prices unfortunately but value for money seems good compared to other Amsterdam hostels I looked at.

only stayed here for one night, everything was fine. people/staff were really friendly. only thing was the lockers are really narrow and my backpack didnt fit in so i just left it locked on my bed which was fine...they have luggage rooms downatairs anyway if people didnt want to do that. location is perfect, youre in walking distance of everything. overall i enjoyed my stay here and i would go back ☺

Great atmosphere

• 16th Apr 2015

the best hotel in the best location in Amsterdam ... I really recommend it

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Great Hostel to meet people and explore Amsterdam!

Close to train station, and just a street away from the red light district. The smell of herbal mix (weeds I guess) lingered along the street, but the bars are crowded with people. The dormitory I stayed at for three nights was quiet and clean (though I know it really depends on what kind of people you meet, all about luck!). Breakfast included, they have a super cool toasters and clips for you to make your own cheese and ham sandwich. No refrigerator nor any common area.

Bulldog is an amazing hostel.!!!!! It's absolutely a great choice if you visiting Amsterdam.!!! The staff very friendly and helpful. The room and bed both clean and atmosphere is just perfect.!!! The location is definitely excellent. And I have met some great guys in here. that is a fabulous experience stay in this hostel.. I will choose Bulldog again when I visit Amsterdam next time.!!!

SO AWESOME!!! Great value for the money! Location is unbeatable! 5 minutes from Central Station and 1 minute from the Red Light District. Went to Amsterdam with no expectations and they helped us so much! Loved our stay, would go back ASAP!

I'd advise this hostel for people who are here in Amsterdam for fun. It's located right next to everything, which is extremely appealing. The breakfast was amazing, a selection of cheeses, meats, cereals, fruit, juice, fresh coffee, eggs, jams, breads - really a full spread. And there was plenty of it! Beds were good, and they have a nice beer special in the evening.

It is a nice place if all you want to do is party and get high for a couple of days, which I think thats amsterdam basically.

Literally an amazing hostel. Would recommend to anyone who was planning to try and stay cheaply in Amsterdam.

• 24th Mar 2015

Great location just at red light district! But a bit noise becoz the bar just at the flag round floor! Nice breakfast!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Bulldog. I am planning on staying there again if I ever get to go back to Amsterdam.

• 21st Mar 2015