The Bulldog Reviews

Oudezijds Voorburgwal 220, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2012 Total Reviews

If your only looking for a great location then this is the hostel to be at. But apart from that the hostel is really expensive for the value of it. If your a single traveler, you do not meet anyone as everyone is reserved and in big groups and the hostel lack character for solo travelers. I felt that I paid way too much than what is has to offer. Overall one of the worst hostel I stayed in.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Thank you for the review. We fell terrible that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will take your comments on board and do our best to improve. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Excellent stay. Honestly I thought it was going to be one of those party hostels where you get no sleep at night. Not at all. All the delights of Amsterdam are right on the doorstep and when you want to go to sleep it's like a quiet utopia away from all the sights and sounds. I'm very impressed with the professionalism of this hostel too. They take security very seriously and don't take bullshit from wankers who are out to be loud and spoil things for others. Highly recommended :)

• 16th Jun 2014

Sometimes it can be difficult to find the right balance between permissiveness and security and we are constantly trying our hardest to make sure our guests can have as much fun as possible. Thank you for taking some time out to leave your review :)

We got what we expected from the Bulldog! Clean beds and bathrooms. The breakfast was good. Location perfect. Met some nice friendly people here and enjoyed our time! Would stay again.

Thank you so much. We are really happy that we able to meet your expectations. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

This was exactly what we were looking for except lockers could have been bigger. The atmosphere though with the downstairs bar and nextdoor coffee shop were amazing. The place to stay in Amsterdam

I had a lovely time! I m really glad i decided for Bulldog!

and that makes us so happy! Thanks

Nice hostel with a good bar downstairs. It's pretty expensive but I guess that is to be expected because its pretty much central Amsterdam.

Glad you enjoyed your time and our fantastic lounge bar. Amsterdam is a pretty expensive city. Ask at reception, we have lots of good money saving tips, discount cards etc to make it a little easier for travelers on a budget. Thanks for the review!

Awesome hostel! As a solo traveler this was just the atmosphere I was looking for. Lounge is a great way to meet people and socialize at night. The staff were very accommodating and fun! Great location as well - close to many other bars and restaurants.

This is the about the most perfect review a hostel could ask for!! Glad you had a great time.

I really enjoyed my stay at the bulldog. The location is perfect, the staff very welcoming and the rooms were clean. I'll definitely stay here if i return to Amsterdam. Thank you :)

• 27th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Hi. Were here!! come back soon!

Loved the staff! so helpful and friendly and you can't beat the location. only thing that sucked was that there was an attached toilet room right beside my bunk bed so that was kind of a turn off for obvious reasons... bulldog energy cafe is also the greatest thing i have ever experienced

• 18th May 2014

Third time in Amsterdam, first time at this hostel. Will definitely go again!

Great loctation, easy to find, good atmosphere! :)

Was in good place u could chill in the lonuge og a nite u get what u pay for but worth the money only down fall had somebody farting all nite as if it was normal lol

• 13th May 2014

Fantastic hostel. Staff was super helpful in getting me directions to the nearest climbing gym. Location is in between the town square and the red light district.

The Bulldog does it right. Definitely a great way to meet people and start your Amsterdam experience off right. I did not feel unsafe in the main areas or the rooms. Lockers are thin but I got everything inside - pack and all. Just hang on to your belongings in the bar area.

1 2 3 Next » last »