The Bunkroom

Superb 200 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 200 Total Reviews

27th Apr 2017

Great location, staff very polite and helpful. Kitchen surprisingly clean. Was a little awkward that there were a number of much older (50+) people staying there. Locking/unlocking the door was a bit of a hassle; as a result my roommates did not bother to lock the door. I prefer doors that auto-lock. Staff allowed me to leave my luggage in my room past checkout, as long as I kept the bed clear. This was the most convenient means of luggage storage I've experienced, which was great!

• England, Female, 41+
23rd Apr 2017

Very friendly, accommodated our 2 bikes in reception office overnight - so secure. Good location, close to canal and eating places - and a bit further to get to city centre - bu there is a regular bus I understand. Able to give suggestions as to where to eat. Recommend Artichoke, bistro on the canal side for good food and craft beers and coffee and cakes. Good overnight stay - was very quiet the night we stayed.

• Netherlands, Female, 41+
  • Globetrotter
9th Apr 2017

I had a great stay at the Bunkroom. I was there on a quiet night and had a dorm by myself. There is a well equiped kitchen and a nice garden. The owner was helpful and allowed me to store my backpack until the following evening too. Would definitely stay again.

• Canada, Female, 41+
22nd Mar 2017

It is a practical place to stay: it's clean, economical, and thankfully, close to the rail line from Liverpool, and buses to go exploring into Wales. There is a back yard, equipped with couches and cushions. to relax anytime, all under cover; Free coffee and tea were a bonus.

11th Mar 2017

It's a great little hostel in a great neighbourhood. The bed was a quality memory foam mattress and the kitchen has everything you would need including a top quality gas stove. Free coffee, tea, sugar and milk. There is a great little outdoor patio to relax. A top hostel for sure!! I marked down one point for "value for money," because I feel the weekday rate starting Sunday is £18 which is way out of my budget. I would have enjoyed staying here for 3 or 4 days. I highly recommended it!

Thanks for such a great review, it is much appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Our kitchen is well equipped - I've heard that some hostels do not have a kitchen at all! I understand your point about the cost, however Chester is an expensive city to set up and run a hostel which is unfortunately reflected in the price.

• Finland, Mixed Group, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

Comfy matresses, fresh linen, very clean hostel overall. Dorm rooms are spacy and give a feel of privacy. Own toilet/bathroom and plugs in the dorm room. Hot water in the shower. Good kitchen facilities incl. a fridge, stove, utensils, pans and water boiler for tea. Located in a safe area. Staff was exceptionally friendly!! We had a lovely stay, thank you!

Thanks for such a great review, it is lovely when our efforts are noted by guests! Come back any time.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Jan 2017

A wonderful and welcoming place to stay! Staff were super helpful and kind, and the wifi was great and accessible even in the dorms. Dorms were warm, large and clean. City centre only a short walk away. Would definitely recommend!

18th Jan 2017

Awesome place

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
17th Jan 2017

Super friendly and easy-going staff!

• Brazil, Couple, 18-24
14th Jan 2017

Me and my girlfriend stayed there for 2 nights in the 4 bed ensuite dorm (but we were alone). Great internet, facilities, location. No freezer in the kitchen (just fridge). We had a great time.