The Bunkroom Reviews

106 Brook Street, Chester CH13DU, Chester, England

a very lovely place to stay! price, location staff and environment are all fantastic. the only thing which can be improved will be the shower. because it was not hot enough. but generally it's a nice place i would say!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Very welcoming and relaxed place. Would definitely come back.

This hostel was good for a quick stop over in Chester, but nothing too special. It is what I was expecting so I have no complaints. Thank you for a place to stay.

No lock-able lockers but few hostels have such high-level security and it may not be desirable. No grater in the kitchen nor small sharp knife. The other kitchen knives were sharper than usual in hostels. Unavoidable traffic noise in front bedrooms. A big plus for me was somewhere to do my early morning yoga: the red mat in front of the TV. Easy access to outdoors and places to sit there.

The hostel is close to the train station and city centre. The staff is friendly and helpful. Security is relatively poor, there are no lockers in the rooms and only a few (about 6) in the staff room which is locked while reception is closed so very it's pretty difficult to get to the lockers during those times. The locks on the room doors are very simple (like those on your room doors at home). The kitchen facilites and communal area are good.

The hostel is located about 10 minutes walk from the city centre, so still quite central. The room was clean and the bed was comfy, but we felt that one bathroom for so many rooms was not enough. Still, we'd recommnd it.

Our room had bunk beds that were very noisy! If either of us moved a tiny bit it was very creaky, and we didn't get hardly any sleep. Also any time someone came up the stairs the lights came on and shone under our door and the keys were very loud, old fashioned keys. We tried to check out with someone when we left but there was no one at the front desk and after ringing the bell and waiting awhile we gave up and left.

You get everything you need, easy paying, friendly staff and good facilities. We had a good time for little money.

• 5th Mar 2015

It is a nice place to stay, very close to the train station and city centre. Two nice guys run the hostel! I recommend it

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Spain

It's a convenient, cozy and clean place to stay in. People here are friendly and helpful in so many ways. I'd love to come back again next time when I visit Chester!

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

The location is not perfect but it is at a walkable distance to the main shops and attractions.

The staff were absolutely lovely and so friendly. Everything is so close in Chester that the location is also great.

a great place to stay and an excellent attitude from the staff

• 15th Oct 2014

The Bunkroom is one of the cutest hostels I've stayed in. Beds are done up with comfortable patterned duvets and each bed has it's own reading light. The rooms are small, but have plenty of storage space, and the 4-bed female room I stayed in had a small but full ensuite. The facilities are well cared for, and the staff does their best to accommodate guests.

Very warm staff and well maintained facilities. I have stayed in many hostels in many parts of the world and The Bunkroom is one that I rate highly.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Wales

Brilliant friendly staff

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Perfect! We stayed only one night but the people working there is so so nice, we felt like we were staying in a friend's house. It's really clean and bright. Lovely place!

Very close to the train station. Staff members really friendly and willing to help. The place is clean and quiet.

Only stayed for a night before heading to creamfeilds. The hostel itself was brilliant with a fully equipped kitchen and a nice smoking hut in the back area. The rooms were really nice and comfortable with plenty off space. It was relatively easy to find, only problem we had was down to a dodgy sat nav sending us down the wrong street. One of the best hostels I've stayed in all year! Recommended!

• 21st Aug 2014

Passed our expectations by many miles. Very clean and tidy.Pleasant surprise to get breakfast in the morning. Staff friendly and informative.

• 16th Aug 2014