The Bunkroom Reviews

106 Brook Street, Chester CH13DU, Chester, England

I stayed in the Bunkroom within the first day of my arrival in UK. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable. The self service kitchen is very clean and furnished, as are the common areas which are very cosy too. The hostel is not too far from city center and everything is reachable by feet. I would recommend :)

• 10th Jan 2016

The shower rose needs attention as does the mildewy shower curtain. The sheets may have been washed,but 2 sets were stained. The two twenty year olds I travelled with agree with these comments.

Cold showers.

Great staff and great stay

Even though I am probably older than your usual guest!!! I felt very welcome

• 25th Aug 2015

Great location, very close to the train station & only a few minutes walk into town. Excellent staff, but they are only there certain hours. Great kitchen, which was clean, & had a lot of pots, pans, silverware, strainers, etc. Quiet hostel, which was nice for sleeping. Great wifi, even in the rooms. Each room has a bathroom, which I always appreciate having there in the room as well. Not much atmosphere at the hostel, but the staff was great about recommending things in town

Cheap, clean and close to the railway station. No common area or private space, but if all you need is a bed for the night it's good value for money.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Norway

a very lovely place to stay! price, location staff and environment are all fantastic. the only thing which can be improved will be the shower. because it was not hot enough. but generally it's a nice place i would say!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Fantastic staff with a laid back atmosphere. Very cute place in an adorable town! Thank you for your great hospitality!

Very welcoming and relaxed place. Would definitely come back.

This hostel was good for a quick stop over in Chester, but nothing too special. It is what I was expecting so I have no complaints. Thank you for a place to stay.

No lock-able lockers but few hostels have such high-level security and it may not be desirable. No grater in the kitchen nor small sharp knife. The other kitchen knives were sharper than usual in hostels. Unavoidable traffic noise in front bedrooms. A big plus for me was somewhere to do my early morning yoga: the red mat in front of the TV. Easy access to outdoors and places to sit there.

The hostel is close to the train station and city centre. The staff is friendly and helpful. Security is relatively poor, there are no lockers in the rooms and only a few (about 6) in the staff room which is locked while reception is closed so very it's pretty difficult to get to the lockers during those times. The locks on the room doors are very simple (like those on your room doors at home). The kitchen facilites and communal area are good.

The hostel is located about 10 minutes walk from the city centre, so still quite central. The room was clean and the bed was comfy, but we felt that one bathroom for so many rooms was not enough. Still, we'd recommnd it.

Our room had bunk beds that were very noisy! If either of us moved a tiny bit it was very creaky, and we didn't get hardly any sleep. Also any time someone came up the stairs the lights came on and shone under our door and the keys were very loud, old fashioned keys. We tried to check out with someone when we left but there was no one at the front desk and after ringing the bell and waiting awhile we gave up and left.

You get everything you need, easy paying, friendly staff and good facilities. We had a good time for little money.

• 5th Mar 2015

It is a nice place to stay, very close to the train station and city centre. Two nice guys run the hostel! I recommend it

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Spain

It's a convenient, cozy and clean place to stay in. People here are friendly and helpful in so many ways. I'd love to come back again next time when I visit Chester!

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

The location is not perfect but it is at a walkable distance to the main shops and attractions.

The staff were absolutely lovely and so friendly. Everything is so close in Chester that the location is also great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5