The Bunkroom

Superb 213 Total Reviews

• yarnellka
  • USA, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Jun 2017

Great location, helpful staff, clean rooms, and great kitchen space.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2017

The man working reception was great and very attentive. The bed I had was wonderful and comfortable, I slept like a log. The self-catering kitchen was clean, well-equipped, and there was free tea and coffee (score!). As far as I could tell there weren't any lockable cupboards in the rooms though there were some downstairs for valuables. Overall though, I really liked this hostel, and would recommend it :)

5th Jun 2017

thank you Graham for waiting for me to arrive, for anticipating that the trains run late. Also, the kitchen is well equipped.

8th May 2017

My only complaint is the shower was really small and the water pressure sucked, but otherwise, amazing hostel. Probably the cleanest one I've ever been to. The man who worked reception was extremely hospitable and accommodating. Excellent hostel!

• Scotland, Male, 41+
6th May 2017

This was the first time i have stayed in a hostel i was very surprised the hostel was spotlessly clean the staff very friendly and price was well worth it this was a far better experience than staying in a hotel and i will be staying in hostels far more now than a hotel where ever possible

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
1st May 2017

Great little room for a couple for the night. The owner was friendly and very accommodating, and let us leave our bags in the reception area well before check in so we could start exploring. The kitchen facilities are amazing and there is a cheap 24 hour car park across the road for if you are driving. Would recommend!

• France, Female, 25-30
1st May 2017

Very nice little hostel in Chester. I'm assuming there aren't that many beds, but all rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Mine had an en-suite bathroom which was really convenient. Large kitchen with all the equipment you might need and a nice lounge with sofas, TV and books available. The highlight of the place is the garden that has a few benches covered in cushions and is a fantastic spot to chill or have dinner. Staff was very frendly as well. Definitely the place to stay in Chester.

27th Apr 2017

Great location, staff very polite and helpful. Kitchen surprisingly clean. Was a little awkward that there were a number of much older (50+) people staying there. Locking/unlocking the door was a bit of a hassle; as a result my roommates did not bother to lock the door. I prefer doors that auto-lock. Staff allowed me to leave my luggage in my room past checkout, as long as I kept the bed clear. This was the most convenient means of luggage storage I've experienced, which was great!

• England, Female, 41+
23rd Apr 2017

Very friendly, accommodated our 2 bikes in reception office overnight - so secure. Good location, close to canal and eating places - and a bit further to get to city centre - bu there is a regular bus I understand. Able to give suggestions as to where to eat. Recommend Artichoke, bistro on the canal side for good food and craft beers and coffee and cakes. Good overnight stay - was very quiet the night we stayed.

• Netherlands, Female, 41+
  • Globetrotter
9th Apr 2017

I had a great stay at the Bunkroom. I was there on a quiet night and had a dorm by myself. There is a well equiped kitchen and a nice garden. The owner was helpful and allowed me to store my backpack until the following evening too. Would definitely stay again.