The Bunkroom

9.2
Superb 225 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
7th Sep 2017

This hostel was everything we needed and more. The owner is so friendly and accommodating. The rooms are basic but clean and have a sink and comfy beds. There's a kitchen and communal area for cooking and chilling out too. We only needed one night as a base due to doing the 3 Peaks but it was above our expectations and we had a great nights sleep. What more could you want for £18?

6th Sep 2017

A small hostel near to the train station. Wish the reception was open a bit longer during the morning.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
30th Aug 2017

My stay was very comfortable and homely and the beds and pillows were fantastic for a hostel. I know some people were worried about security. The manual locks on the doors are normally left unlocked and there is no night reception. I had no worry during the weekdays, the place had a really safe feel, things might be a bit different when the place is full on the weekends.

HI, thanks for your review, I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I know there was a concern about security when you stayed but in the end I'm not sure the issue was as big as people made out. Having said that we will have a think how we can make people feel more secure when they stay. I would like to point out that both front doors are on coded locks, which we now change weekly or more frequently if necessary. Everyone is issued with a key for the lock on their room and we will encourage people to lock their doors behind them. Perhaps it is a sign that people feel comfortable here that they feel they can leave their door open from time to time. We are also very careful (or snobby lol) about who we allow to stay at the bunkroom - If you're not working or travelling, you're a drunk or your face just doesn't fit then you're not coming in! I hope this reassures people considering a stay here. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels in the UK. Kind regards, Graham.

• England, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2017

For the price it was brilliant, 5 minutes from the train station, 10 minutes from the centre of town. Kitchen and Dinning room facilities were clean and plenty of space. Bed in the room was comfortable and being there mid week, I didn't notice any noise. There were not lockers in the room but I did notice lockers in the dinning room. The reception was not open when I arrived which meant waiting for a couple of hours before I could check in and this was not advertised before arrival. Good Stay.

16th Aug 2017

Hostel is well located (a walk distance far from the town centre) and staff is really helpful/friendly. The room was surprisingly clean and common areas are quite small. Despite the room being ensuite, shower was not working, but there was a bathroom downstairs we could use. Check reception working time before booking.

• England, Female, 41+
9th Aug 2017

Easy walk to Cathedral and town centre. Short flight of stairs up to my room a bit hard on my arthritic knees (!) But fine for anyone younger and fitter. It seemed a bit understaffed, night and early morning? Reception only open for a few hours in the 24. Graham was very helpful and friendly, though, and saw me settled in. Very friendly place, quiet and clean. I enjoyed a peaceful night. Excellent value for money. Would stay there again

24th Jul 2017

Very good hostel.

9th Jul 2017

A nice hostel, the staff were helpful and friendly, it's near the train station and close to the city centre, the rooms were clean and large, I would recommend and use it again in the future...

• yarnellka
  • USA, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Jun 2017

Great location, helpful staff, clean rooms, and great kitchen space.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2017

The man working reception was great and very attentive. The bed I had was wonderful and comfortable, I slept like a log. The self-catering kitchen was clean, well-equipped, and there was free tea and coffee (score!). As far as I could tell there weren't any lockable cupboards in the rooms though there were some downstairs for valuables. Overall though, I really liked this hostel, and would recommend it :)

×