The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers Reviews

28 Cambridge Terrace, Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

Pro's: Good location, and bathrooms/dorm rooms were clean. Con's: The common room is the same room as the kitchen, and it wasn't very big. Also, staff was not particularly friendly or helpful. This is definitely more of a hotel than a hostel.

My lady and I stayed here one night in a private room. Very friendly staff. This place was GREAT. The room we had was private so it felt more like a 5 star hotel rather then a hostel. If I return to Wellington I will stay here again for sure.

Lovely place to stay with children Room was great Good value for money Highly recommended, I would happily stay there again.

• 11th Apr 2014

The staff is really nice, the beds are comfortable as well as the showers and toilets. I appreciated the kitchen and its common space, a cozy place to meet people. The only negative point is the absence of locker in the hotel. But the staff can kindly keep your value safe at the reception. I would come back!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Nice place to stay Many showers and toilets Busy kitchen, no couverts, no plates (ask to reception to have yours with a 10$ deposit) Bad internet access (2h free) Good security Friendly atomsphere

Excellent hotel. Private room was very good value. Great location. I would definitely stay here again.

I enjoyed my stay here.Although the bathroom are unisex, they are very clean. The staff was very helpful and welcoming.

internet for free, but not even fast enough to open any email!!! :-(

• 25th Jan 2014

Location is fine and staff very helpfull but the kitchen was poor and overcrouwded, the room was next to where the smoking aeria was so smelly an noisy, and the floor in the sleepingroom was old and not clean. A lot of toilets and showers (good and clean) but no normal size sinks...

That was such a nice place to stay in Wellington! There was closer to Tepapa Museum and Waterfront. So we was able to spend our break-time in there. I remember all the staffs were really kind and nice, thus they made me more comfortable in Hotel. Wifi service is not good, but I wonder that why do you wanna use internet even during on travel. Location of hotel is little bit far from Wellington CBD, however you can find many bus-stops near hotel. Thank you for giving us nice breakfast, I loved it!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

A really great place to stay in Wellington, shame the internet is so slow, It is free though. Bathroom facilities were great. You can't beat breakfast like that either!

The staff were mice and it was a great location, but the kitchen and living area weren't that great and you had to rent cutlery for $10 which was a bit of a surprise. It could get quite loud to with the bar downstairs.

Room was ok but bathroom facilities poor. If you like bar atmosphere I guess you'd like it since the bar is part of the building. One socket for a six bed dorm (if you don't count the one close to the roof that you had to climb two other beds to reach) I find not enough. Location is good though and wifi is free, didn't work during my stay but think it was an exception.

a solid place to stay! the bed was comfortable. everything was all good except those drunk people i met in the bar. they kinda offensive. apart from that , I would say Cambridge Hotel & Backpacker is definitely a good place to stay while travelling. I would def recommend it to my mates and i would come back again.

• 1st Nov 2013