The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers Reviews

28 Cambridge Terrace, Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

Their dorms are quite spacious and the atmosphere is just great. Definitely a recommendable place to stay :-)

Good place to stay. Would go back again

Perfect stay with helpful staffs!!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

good place to stay, very cheap and well located. I would stay again

Great place to stay, awesome atmosphere and great central location. Only downside you have to rent utensils and quite noisy at night from base hostel next door but overall I would defiantly recommend this hostel.

It would have been excellent apart from the 6 bed dorm I was put in stank of urine, we think from a pile of dirty clothes at the end of one of the beds. When I complained the very kind lady on the front desk moved my girlfriend and I to a twin room for a charge of $20 which was amazing and out of the way of the smelly backpackers. It is not the hotels fault that some backpackers haven't grasped the idea of personal hygiene or the small invention of washing machines and soap!!

I had a great stay here. The staff at reception was very kind and welcoming. The location is great! And so is the atmosphere. Everybody was very friendly and I met only nice people. The facilities are good, very comfortable beds, lots of bathrooms and toilets, a cozy kitchen and lounge area (not the cleanest). I would definitely stay here again. At the opposite of the street is the Embassy Theater, go see a movie there! :) Oh.. and they offer a nice breakfast for $3 in the hotel pub/restaurant.

Everything was excellent apart from the under-sized common area and kitchen. Other than that I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 8th May 2014

Not too bad a place. Rooms were nice and big beds were comfortable enough. The colour scheme meant it seemed quite dark a lot of the time, which could make some people sleepy. Works if that's all you need it for. The kitchen and "lounge" were far too small for the amount of people you can have staying there. In fact I had to wait til the crowds had died down before I could make myself a meal. The tea towels could do with being replaced a little more often.

Place is alright. Definitely a bit of the party hostel, which is okay if that's what you're looking for. Staff were friendly, but fairly uninterested; just the usual 'get them in and out' sort of feel. Facilities were clean, but a bit ridiculous with sink and mirror on opposite walls - made shaving pretty annoying.

Pro's: Good location, and bathrooms/dorm rooms were clean. Con's: The common room is the same room as the kitchen, and it wasn't very big. Also, staff was not particularly friendly or helpful. This is definitely more of a hotel than a hostel.

My lady and I stayed here one night in a private room. Very friendly staff. This place was GREAT. The room we had was private so it felt more like a 5 star hotel rather then a hostel. If I return to Wellington I will stay here again for sure.

Lovely place to stay with children Room was great Good value for money Highly recommended, I would happily stay there again.

The staff is really nice, the beds are comfortable as well as the showers and toilets. I appreciated the kitchen and its common space, a cozy place to meet people. The only negative point is the absence of locker in the hotel. But the staff can kindly keep your value safe at the reception. I would come back!

Nice place to stay Many showers and toilets Busy kitchen, no couverts, no plates (ask to reception to have yours with a 10$ deposit) Bad internet access (2h free) Good security Friendly atomsphere

Excellent hotel. Private room was very good value. Great location. I would definitely stay here again.

I enjoyed my stay here.Although the bathroom are unisex, they are very clean. The staff was very helpful and welcoming.

internet for free, but not even fast enough to open any email!!! :-(

• 25th Jan 2014