The Capital-Inn Reviews

Sudurhlid 35d, Reykjavik, Iceland

On the second night of my stay, a group of people were extremely loud until early in the morning, trashed the kitchen and stole food in the fridge. I would have expected the management to do something about it. Regardless of that unfortunate night, the rest of the stay was ok.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Reunion

The man running the breakfast has a bit of an attitude. The rest of the staff were nice and helpful.

• 7th Jul 2014

Only a short stay, the hostel was a bit far from the centre, but if you don't mind walking it's about 40 minutes.

While most of the staff was pleasant, one gentleman who I think was the manager was just grumpy and unpleasant. The rooms and the bathrooms are dirty and the beds horrible, it's like sleeping on a spring. It is also far from the center with nothing around it. The wifi was spotty as well. There are places closer to center that are better value and nicer.

I wouldn't have stayed in the Capital-Inn if I had known that they have whale meat on the menu. That's why I won't go back and I advice people to avoid this place. Killing whales is against international agreements and it's irresponsible to sell whale meat.

It's a good hostel, clean and has everything one needs. Maybe a bit loud during the evenings with large groups. It's located far from the city center, I was aware of that, but needed a budget hostel for 2 nights before I move on to the North. One person of the staff was unfriendly and even rude. I asked politely some questions and the man at reception was really rude and treated me like I was out of my mind. They also overcharged my creditcard. Far from city center. Clean hostel though.

Nice hostel, quiete close to the beach, friendly staff, well equipped kitchen, close bus stop to the city (walk to the city ca. 20-25 min.), supermarket about 10 min. walk, you can always get into the hostel and dorms without a key though.

Iceland has some of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Capital Inn was at the lower end of the spectrum. However, it still was better than most other hostels I stayed at in other countries. The reason I did not select Excellent for the facilities was because of the kitchen, which would benefit from a renovation.

L'endroit est très agréable, calme et très propre. Le responble de l'auberge (Hassan) est très accueillant, drôle :D, et est toujours là pour donner des conseils (notamment concernant les tours en islande). Et bien que l'auberge soit un peu éloignée (40 minutes à pieds) les bus des tours viendront vous récupérer depuis l'auberge et ce n'est pas la ville qui est la plus intéressante à voir en islande mais plutot les sites aux alentours (Blue lagoon, the south coast, the waterfalls...)

We had a private double room with a shared bathroom. The bathrooms were dingy and not very clean, with visible dirt in the corners and mould on the ceiling. The hallways smelled like wet dog. All of the water smelled like sulfur and tasted strange. The room was comfortable enough. There are much better hostels/inns for similar prices close to the city centre.

We spent 2 nights in this hostel and really enjoyed the staying. The private double bedroom was really nice! Almost like a hotel, with TV and a great decoration and bed. The staff was so friendly at all times. Very recommended hostel.

Everything was great here! They were always helpful, even did money changing for us. They scheduled pick ups for us and even helped us get a car rental. (It's way cheaper to rent a car to the blue lagoon for a 3 people than to take the big bus) airport pickup was scheduled to. If I am in Reykjavik again, I will definitely stay there. Also, loved having a kitchen to cook in! So nice!

It was a short stay for us - flying into Keflavik late night and leaving early morning in order to enjoy Iceland's wonderful nature. It was a good experience and very helpful staff - thanks for all your advice and great recommendations.

Nice place to stay

• 17th Mar 2014

I had really good stay here, goo value for money.

View all Reykjavik Bed and Breakfasts