The Capital-Inn

Good 348 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Feb 2017
5.7

When we first arrived we were very surprised to find out that there were no locks -either into the hostel or to our room. Literally anyone could have walked off the street and gone through my bags! This was the biggest issue for me. It was quite a walk from town - it wasn't really a problem for me but can see how it would bother others. The mattresses were so thin, I had such terrible backache throughout my stay I was tempted to stay on the communal sofas. I would not recommend at all.

• USA, Female, 25-30
14th Feb 2017

Although this hostel is far from the city centre, it was a safe and enjoyable stay. Washroom and bedrooms cleaned each morning. The staff was very kind. A safe and affordable place to stay!

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
13th Feb 2017
7.4

Cheapest hostel in the city, a fair walk to the city centre though and beds aren't the best but still doable. Part of the staf was great and part was just not very welcoming. But hey can't expect much else right?

• Colombia, Female, 25-30
15th Jan 2017
6.9

The staff is very friendly, they helped me when I was in a hurry. There is a bit of mess with the accommodation management and I had some trouble at the beginning of my stay getting a bedroom. Please change the duvets, bedsheets and mattresses, all I found were stained or dirty. Beyond that, the hostel is well located and cheap.

• Mexico, Male, 31-40
19th Dec 2016
7.4

Good value for your money and very clean!!!

• Colombia, Female, 18-24
26th Nov 2016
6.6

The hostal is good but is 45 minutes walking to the center and there's not facilities near.

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
15th Nov 2016
4.6

Cheapest hostel in town, so I know you shouldn't expect much. Still, the place is by no means cosy... The hygiene in the kitchen was horrible - we washed everything twice, but the kitchen itself was gross as well. Bathroom was fine, but there was no hot water in the shower, and for some reason all the water stinks of sulfur (which it didn't in other places we went to). Dorm was nice enough, and staff was rather friendly. Location is horrible compared to other hostels in town.

8th Oct 2016
7.7

Very nice place! You are definitely getting what you paid for!!! - you really need a car to get from here to city centre. Iceland isn't really a dangerous place sooo we weren't worried about our safety at all We got a private double with shared bathroom. New sheets and towels everyday. Free parking. It was a good deal for the price we paid - We Were Rarely there so we didn't need fancy.

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Sep 2016
3.7

Security... There is none. When reception is unmanned, literally anyone could walk in right the way to the bedrooms. We weren't given keys so there is no way of locking anything. Location... Want to walk 45 minutes/1hr to get anywhere in the city centre? Then this is the place for you. Seriously the location is awful unless you have a car. There are cheap hostels in the city centre - don't waste your money here. Oh and the staff don't give you any information (and were pretty standoffish).

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Sep 2016
5.4

There is no security whatsoever. Doors do not lock at night, and there is no front desk agent to monitor who is coming in and out of the front door. Individual rooms did not lock either which resulted in us having to leave our personal items in the car. Bathrooms were not clean, showers dirty and full of mold. Great location, and many people from all over the world to meet and talk to.