The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Thanks to everyone at the Cat's Pajamas we had a wonderful stay in Berlin. The staff were so helpful (all with perfect English of course!!). Being literally just round the corner from the U on Hermanplatz was an excellent location and easy to get to all the places we wanted to see while giving a little "relief" from the main sights. Everything we needed was close by (supermarkets/"market stalls"/fast food) and the area felt safe even when we returned very late at night.Loved it!!

Great hostel - the first place I have ever stayed in that has ensuite shower and loo. Had a really great night's sleep. Has a huge kitchen if you want to cook your own food, but I found the common area a little unsociable, but can't really criticise the hostel for that - just an observation if you are travelling solo.

It's pretty far from the city center, but it's right near the U-Bahn (subway/metro line) in Little Istanbul. Really nice and clean rooms.

Good hostel i had a good time there :)

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Great staff and facilities, although we have booked two female dormitories, the staff gives us mix room, they arrange us to another hostel and give us a free female room. Really sorry about the inconvenience. Thank you very much.

Good location though you will need a metro pass/Berlin Welcome Card, good bars and restaurants if you know where to look. Convenient plug sockets and lights for each bed. Computers available. Lockers in room too small & didn't fit conventional locks - have to pay to rent one. 1 shower between 6 -no additional showers on the floor. Staff didn't freely offer advice about the area, e.g. bars/restaurants. Bed sheets were clean but stained/ripped. Kitchen sink and sides need cleaning more regularly.

Absolutely incredible hostel. The front desk staff was beyond helpful, the location was perfect, the rooms were hotel-quality, and the security was excellent. It was possibly the best shower I have had in Europe as well. Rooms were extremely clean. Definitely ask the front desk for tips on places to go for dinner! They sent us to amazing spots!

• 24th Mar 2014

Nice hostel, good atmosphere and helpful staff. Thre're no many hostels as clean as this. Everything was OK, but I think that breakfast should be included in price. Excellent for stay at weekend and even longer! :)

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Poland

Gorgeous place to stay, more like a hotel than a hostel. Very good value for money & staff were helpful in recommending places to eat/drink. As we were a group of 4, we got a 4 bed dorm with en suite bathroom so we didn't get the chance to meet many other people, other hostels I've stayed in have put on movie nights or game nights to ensure people get the opportunity to meet each other and there didn't seem to be much of that here. Great place to stay though! Loved the music in the lobby!

• 13th Mar 2014

Your staff stopped me in the lobby multiple times as I tried to go to my room thinking I wasn't a guest. I was even in the lobby for five hours reading on multiple days, you would think they would recognize someone. Your rooms are over crowded. Your eight person room should have 6 people max. I didn't have a horrible time there, but compared to every other hostel I was at, your hostel was a huge disappointment given the reviews.

Hi, I'm terribly sorry to hear that you weren't recognized by our staff. Part of our security policy is to speak to everyone, especially if we haven't yet seen them around. Our 8 bed dorm rooms are pretty spacious compared to other hostels. I can only apologize that you felt cramped.

During I stayed in this hostel, I was always happy because of bright atmosphere and staff's kindness. Also room was very clean and all staff was very friendly. This hostel is near from bus and subway station. Particulary I can't forget stsff's kindness.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

This was my first experience with a hostel, I booked a private room for 3 nights (Mon-Wed) Quality of the whole place was nicer than top name hotels I have been to. Huge bed (German style, 2 materesses pushed together) heated flooring in bathroom, lovely walk in shower and free WIFI with excellent connection from the 3rd floor. Excellent location, Hermannplatz U Bahn and 171 Airport bus both stop directly facing. Lots of places to eat and things to do around the area.

• 10th Mar 2014

Excellent clean and modern hostel. The location is little away from Mitte but close to some really cool bars and kebab shops. There is a fully stocked kitchen and good WIFI throughout. A shout out to the staff who were really helpful and I was given a free upgrade from a dorm to a twin. Will recommend to anyone visiting Berlin..

Basically, in my opinion it's all a hostel should be: nice, comfortable and clean rooms; excellent shower and bathroom; great kitchen with everything you need to cook; wi-fi in the social area; a nice and trendy social space with great music and most of all, excellent staff - friendly, always available, with great tips and orientation for almost every single tourist attraction in Berlin. The only negative thing was that breakfast is no longer included although it was when I booked.

There were a lot of dust bunnies on the floor of the room. Besides that, everything was fine: Really nice staff, cozy atmosphere, kitchen with everything you need... I already recommended this hostel to friends.

Amazing. Modern, clean, comfortable. Great common areas, huge kitchen. Beds are good, you got your own power socket and night-light. Bathrooms inside rooms, and you are provided a free-towel. Breakfast is the most complete I've seen in a hostel (they have fruit and yogurt?!). Staff is helpful and always very nice. Good location, close to 2 U-Bahn lines, and the night bus M29 stops in front of the hostel. Among other little details, I don't think hostels get better than this.

This place was amazing! Friendly staff, visually pleasing layout, free WiFi, free breakfast, own power socket per bed, good location, clean facilities. I'll definitely book here again if I go back to Berlin.

Truly a wonderful hostel to stay at. The 6 bed dorm had plenty of space and it was great having the private toilet + bathroom in the room. Beds were comfy and had light and powerpoint beside them. The wifi wasn't so great from the 3rd floor unfortunately. Great kitchen facilities and a huge communal table and area in the kitchen for socialising. Use of the washing machine was 2Euro which wasn't too bad. Plenty of good bars/cafes/supermarkets/latenight kebabs and underground station closeby

Really nice hostel. Definitely recommended!

While initially concerned that this hostel was a long way out of the centre of Berlin, we found it to be an excellent base for exploring the city. The hostel is a 2 minute walk from the Hermannplatz u-bahn station from where everything seemed to be 20 minutes or less away. We had a twin room (with en suite) which was clean and had great touches like the door headboard and the bin sink. The hostel has a good lounge and kitchen and there was always a buzz about the place with a mix of travellers.

• 21st Feb 2014