The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. The place was spotless, clean sheets and bathroom, plus all communal areas were maintained to a high standard and facilities were top notch. Atmosphere was very funky and friendly, felt fresh and hip. Better than anywhere else we have ever stayed! Will definitely be booking again for the next time we are in Berlin. Will be recommending this hostel to anyone we speak to! Perfect, 10 out of 10.

• 14th Oct 2013
  • shannonandon

Great hostel, big kitchen, clean and tidy rooms, very comfortable. Just a little quiet and not much socialising in this hostel. Seems an older crowd, not much interacting, at times very boring.

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The location isn't the best, but it is however very close to the metro.

• 13th Oct 2013

The Cat's Pajamas was a wonderful place to stay! The staff is so helpful and per one of the member's recommendation, we found some of the best Vietnamese and Indian food nearby. The entire facility is clean and the staff do a great job of maintenance every day. If there was just one suggestion I could make is that they should invest in another dryer or at least more clothes lines or drying racks for doing laundry. Otherwise, I couldn't have asked for a better stay!

I loved this Hostel! Since you check in the staff is REALLY friendly and helpful, the location is perfect, in front of the metro in one of the main lines. The Hostel is carefully decorated, charming and full of facilities. Easy to meet people, and if you are looking for a chill time you have all the space you need. I'm gonna stay there again definitely!

The only thing that I would suggest you could improve is that you tell people in advance that someone will come to clean the room. We were a bit surprised about that and were in the middle of getting dressed when the chambermain knocked. It would be nice to also have a sign to hang outside your door (on your doorknob) if you not wish to have her clean the room. As we just stayed two nights, it was not really necessary that she came in between. Apart from that, we were 100% happy with the hostel!

• 11th Oct 2013

Great hostel! Loved it

Rather large but very nice hostel, situated smack in the middle of the 'in' areas Kreutzberg and Neukölln, 2 min walk to U-bahn. Nice and helpful staff, and spotlessly clean!!! Locker for each bed and safety deposit in reception. Nice atmosphere, no real common room but a large kitchen and some space in the lobby. All in all a very good place to stay, I'll probably use it again!

Absolutely loved it. Comfy bed, new showers, clean, great atmosphere, good breakfast, LOVE.

• 3rd Oct 2013

By far the nicest hostel that I have ever stayed in. Staff was great. My room was clean. The common area and kitchen were fantastic. You get free breakfast. Will definitely be staying here again.

This is a amazing hostel. It is very near to locations with bars, very near to metro and bus station. The breakfast is perfect with unlimited food salami,cheese,bread,jam,milk ext. It is in the center of kreuzberg and it is very easy to go anywhere in the city. You can rent bicycles for 10euros per all day. Near there is super market. The most beautiful hostel i have ever gone!

Really enjoyed our stay here, which were excellent value considering the prices were advertised incorrectly initially, however the manager allowed us to stay in our booked room which was good. The slight issues the location being a bit dodgy and to far to walk to main sights however nearby u bahn was very convient. The twin rooms single beds were small, so if you are a bit of a podge beware of that. The staff were all lovely, and check out being 12 was a bonus. Thanks, would recommend.

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review. We just want to clarify that you actually didnt book a twin room. The room you've booked is as written in the description a dorm room with one bunk bed. If that was leading to any inconveniences we are very sorry.

Good location. Free breakfast is great. Rooms are a bit small and tight. Good showers. I was on the 3rd floor, top bunk and had wifi connectivity issues. Free computers with Internet in the lobby though. Helpful and friendly staff. No planned outings like pub crawls or tours at this hostel.

• 1st Oct 2013

Great hostel, big, artsy, comfortable, not too expensive. Only thing it lacked was that fabulous personal presence that some of the smaller hostels might have when they're run by someone special? But still, this place was bigger, so while that's great for meeting people in its large and open eating and sitting/chilling spaces, it obviously couldn't have a one man/woman welcoming show to be done by someone particularly outgoing and interested in helping people love the city.

The staff in the Cat's Pajamas Hostel is excellent! They even sent my postcard and get me a new stamp after I have bought wrong one. Hostel was clean and all the facilities were good. The hostel was near U- and S-bahn stations and it was easy to find. Atmosphere was nice and it was overall good experience.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Finland

loved this hostel, was new and very close to the metro.

This hostel is basically one of the best hostels I've been to, and I've seen many. Friendly staff, great rooms and bathrooms and all the facilities you will need. If you are searching for a party hostel in party capital Berlin, I would not directly recommend this hostel, but I enjoyed staying here a lot.

Good big kitchen, cheap washer €2 and dryer 2€. Beds were cosy and designed like private spaces that had own power supply and shelf, rooms clean. Staff friendly. I'd stay again, it was really good. But to improve They need a industrial dryer for the staff to use tho and a couple more domestic dryers and washing machines for hostel guests cos waiting sucks. PS I left my unopened cheese in the fridge please eat... little red individual wax cheese packets.

Friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere, free breakfast, close to U-bahn. Obvious care and attention given when planning ie bathrooms in the dorms are split into separate shower room and toilet, hair dryers provided. Best hostel on my trip. Only one negative: having 24 hour reception people can check in late at night or in the early hours which seemed to happen every night of my trip, but you don't stay in a hostel if you want a good night's sleep.

Stayed one night 4 bed dorm. Clean sheets clean room. Shower separate from toilet in room. Good idea. Kitchen could use more pots but other than that kitchen is great. Free breakfast not so good. Breads jams or cornflakes meat or cheese not much for a vegetarian but hey it's included. Atmosphere will depend on who's sitting in lounge. So boring to great. Cool and interesting pictures of sexy cats all over the hostel. Do not use dryer!! Took over 7 hours to dry my clothes. Good stay.