The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Absolutely loved it. Comfy bed, new showers, clean, great atmosphere, good breakfast, LOVE.

• 3rd Oct 2013

By far the nicest hostel that I have ever stayed in. Staff was great. My room was clean. The common area and kitchen were fantastic. You get free breakfast. Will definitely be staying here again.

This is a amazing hostel. It is very near to locations with bars, very near to metro and bus station. The breakfast is perfect with unlimited food salami,cheese,bread,jam,milk ext. It is in the center of kreuzberg and it is very easy to go anywhere in the city. You can rent bicycles for 10euros per all day. Near there is super market. The most beautiful hostel i have ever gone!

Really enjoyed our stay here, which were excellent value considering the prices were advertised incorrectly initially, however the manager allowed us to stay in our booked room which was good. The slight issues the location being a bit dodgy and to far to walk to main sights however nearby u bahn was very convient. The twin rooms single beds were small, so if you are a bit of a podge beware of that. The staff were all lovely, and check out being 12 was a bonus. Thanks, would recommend.

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review. We just want to clarify that you actually didnt book a twin room. The room you've booked is as written in the description a dorm room with one bunk bed. If that was leading to any inconveniences we are very sorry.

Good location. Free breakfast is great. Rooms are a bit small and tight. Good showers. I was on the 3rd floor, top bunk and had wifi connectivity issues. Free computers with Internet in the lobby though. Helpful and friendly staff. No planned outings like pub crawls or tours at this hostel.

• 1st Oct 2013

Great hostel, big, artsy, comfortable, not too expensive. Only thing it lacked was that fabulous personal presence that some of the smaller hostels might have when they're run by someone special? But still, this place was bigger, so while that's great for meeting people in its large and open eating and sitting/chilling spaces, it obviously couldn't have a one man/woman welcoming show to be done by someone particularly outgoing and interested in helping people love the city.

The staff in the Cat's Pajamas Hostel is excellent! They even sent my postcard and get me a new stamp after I have bought wrong one. Hostel was clean and all the facilities were good. The hostel was near U- and S-bahn stations and it was easy to find. Atmosphere was nice and it was overall good experience.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Finland

loved this hostel, was new and very close to the metro.

This hostel is basically one of the best hostels I've been to, and I've seen many. Friendly staff, great rooms and bathrooms and all the facilities you will need. If you are searching for a party hostel in party capital Berlin, I would not directly recommend this hostel, but I enjoyed staying here a lot.

Good big kitchen, cheap washer €2 and dryer 2€. Beds were cosy and designed like private spaces that had own power supply and shelf, rooms clean. Staff friendly. I'd stay again, it was really good. But to improve They need a industrial dryer for the staff to use tho and a couple more domestic dryers and washing machines for hostel guests cos waiting sucks. PS I left my unopened cheese in the fridge please eat... little red individual wax cheese packets.

Friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere, free breakfast, close to U-bahn. Obvious care and attention given when planning ie bathrooms in the dorms are split into separate shower room and toilet, hair dryers provided. Best hostel on my trip. Only one negative: having 24 hour reception people can check in late at night or in the early hours which seemed to happen every night of my trip, but you don't stay in a hostel if you want a good night's sleep.

Stayed one night 4 bed dorm. Clean sheets clean room. Shower separate from toilet in room. Good idea. Kitchen could use more pots but other than that kitchen is great. Free breakfast not so good. Breads jams or cornflakes meat or cheese not much for a vegetarian but hey it's included. Atmosphere will depend on who's sitting in lounge. So boring to great. Cool and interesting pictures of sexy cats all over the hostel. Do not use dryer!! Took over 7 hours to dry my clothes. Good stay.

Very clean hostel, seemed more like a hotel. Dorm rooms were great with bathroom and shower in each room. The atmosphere was not ideal for meeting new people, so I would not recommend it for solo travelers. However, for groups, it would be amazing!

it was sooo nice!!!u should stay.

Loved it!

The room was excellent that they have a bathroom inside your room ! The staff was funny and nice. And they provided free breakfast with bread, cereal, milk , jams, tea, coffee etc. which were great too. The common area was comfortable with lovely design. And the location was easy to find, I would definitely stay again!

• 24th Sep 2013
  • Hong Kong

We loved this hostel! Kind of difficult to get there, the bus takes quite awhile and it's hard to know where to get off, and the subway is very confusing, but once you're there it is near perfect. The rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, showers, common areas are all amazing, you can't beat the price. The only things I would improve is the laundry, 2 washers 1 dryer and the dryer doesn't dry well(you have to empty out water every 15 minutes and still doesnt dry well)and the lockers in the room are tiny.

A great choice. One of the best hostels I ve been to lately.

This is a really great hostel. They staff were absolutely fantastic and it was cleaned regularly during the day. All of the facilities were great and the free breakfast was really good. The only down side was the atmosphere which was rather subdued for a hostel. Traveling alone, it wasn't too hard to find new friends but its fair to say that this is not a party hostel. The location is a bit away from the center of Berlin but not a problem because its right next to an underground station.

Its really a great experience I had staying in this hostel....I would love to come back again .

• 22nd Sep 2013