The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Thumbs up! Great location in Berlin, great staff, great breakfast- everything super clean! But keep in mind - if you are a trouble-sleeper (I am not), you will not want to sleep at the Urbanstraße side - because it's very bussy and loud - but that has nothing to do with the hostel it self! Will definitely stay there again!

More like a hotel than a hostel. The staff were great, Lockers provided and unlike most hostels in Berlin the linen is included in the price. Its a train ride from Potsdamer Platz, but Kreuzberg is now the "hip" part of Berlin so you can discover new things in this area. I have nothing to complain about.

• 5th Sep 2013
  • abolyss

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I will be recommending it to anyone who is thinking of travelling to Berlin. There is great access to the station and to the bus to the main station in Berlin. The ensuite in the dorm room was very clean and very new. I spent three nights in a private room which was better than some hotels I have stayed in. The staff were very helpful and kind. I am looking forward to returning to Berlin and The Cat's Pajamas.

we've been there twice. why i would recommend it? for us personally top location, great facilities, reasonable price and i have to say someone did not cut corners designing this space. you see quality and a good pice of work and it dose have an impact on an atmosphere and guests impression. if we'll be in berlin we'll book with you. ana/ maciek

good hotel with a good clean bedroom (toilets and bathroom). Beds are goods. Only pillows are not confortable. the beakfreast could be better for he bread really cheap like cereals. It's not expansive and it 'll be better. There are not chocolate and fruit. (apple...) It's not necessary to make a hugh breakfeast but a little more attractive. The hotel is well located. It's noisy. I'm wondered how durng the summer is inside bedroom. You must choose between fresh or sleep quietly..

• 2nd Sep 2013

Very nice hostel with a good atmosphere. Everything you need when you're on a citytrip. You really get good value for your money. My only point of critisism: there was only coffee, tea, milk or water available at the breakfast. My boyfriend doesn't drink coffee or tea, so some juices or something would've been nice.

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Belgium

The hostel itself was clean, the free breakfast was nice (cereal, bread, cheese and meat) and the kitchen area was huge to prepare your own meals, but the location was very far from main attractions and not that lively. This hostel had many older people staying in it so it felt more like a hotel than a youth hostel (NOT a party hostel at all). You have to be out of the common area by 11PM so not conducive to late-night socializing. Good if you're looking for a quiet night/break from partying.

Nice hostel with nice staff and great that both breakfast, towels and sheets are included in the price. The beds are nice with a comfy mattress and bed light and power outlet, perfect for charging your phone. Breakfast could be a bit more interesting, maybe some juice and some fruit or veggies. But minor thing. The wifi worked good and the hostel is not that noisy. Good location with a lot of nice bars and restaurants around the place.

Extremely well designed with a large common area, kitchen and full time staff from Berlin who truly know the city as well as anyone could. It's also located right next to the U-Bahn and you only have to start strolling around the streets of nearby Kreuzberg and Neukoln to experience Berlin. Perfectly clean, constantly attended and damn good value for money.

Very nice hostel, clean with kind staff. Location is also great. Wonderful hostel!

One of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at but I think a lot of students live there, made it very hard to bond with other people staying at hostel. But very chill quiet CLEAN place!

It was definetely the best hostel we've stayed in during our europe tour. We've visited 4 countries,5 cities and my favourite one is for sure this hostel. It is really close to the metro station and Berlin was the only city we used metro a lot and considering this,it can be counted as a very good located hostel. The stuff is very helpful. The breakfast was simple but good enough and rooms made us wonder if this was a hostel room, what would a 5 stared hotel room would be. Definetely recommend it

Exellent hostel! Great design with all those funny paintings on the walls. Really cozy common room. It's might be quite noisy in the rooms facing the road though. I recommend earplugs.

The hostel has an amazing infrastructure, and its cleanness and breakfast could be compared to a hotel. For me was ideal once everything I want after a very busy sight seeing day is just to relax and feel comfortable. I cannot say about its social part once it wasn't one of my priorities during my stay.

Nice modern Hostel! Really clean and a nice relaxed alternative style!

I wouldn't change anything about it !

The Cats Pjamas is a lovely hostel in a good location to get around Berlin. Right next to Hermannplatz train station and a 10 minute walk to the River Spree and Paul Lincker Strasse where they are lots of lovely bars and restaurants. Very very clean and the free breakfast was a nice added extra really. Staff a little slow to fill up the breakfast supplies but other than that very happy with booking.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Especially the Turkish girl :) Great kitchen and breakfast. Rooms were clean and spacious. Will stay there next time we go to Berlin.

The hostel was amazing, it was much better that we imagine. Staff was very helpful and the Hostel was beautiful. We wondered though why the floor of our room vibrate must of the time. All in all we were very pleased to stay there. Best regards

I would definitely come back to this hostel again! The staff were so friendly and fun. One even meowed at my name! Also, the surrounding is quite cool. To the northeast of the hostel there's a cool little bar district with really nice mix of restaurants and relaxed bars. The staff at the hostel recommended it to me. It's absolutely great for a night excursion! Stay at Cat's! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!

• 18th Aug 2013