The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Wonderful and helpful staff, ready to assist in any moment.

• 13th May 2014
  • Spain

Great kitchen. Nice common area. I had issues accessing the wifi in my room. Would stay again.

It is really a good and cozy hostal to stay. Almost perfect. Only downside for you to consider is that it is not so near to the major tourist attactions and it may take you around 20 to 30 mins to get there. However, it is good to stay away from there and enjoy a more local residence.

We had a great stay here. The staff were really friendly and helpful and it is located in a great suburb of Berlin. Couldn't fault this place at all.

Overall an enjoyable stay. Felt a little like a hotel so the vibe was pretty average. Located in a colourful neighbourhood with many cool cafes. The only issues I had at the hostel was that the room can get quite hot and stuffy.

Very cool place. Clean, good staff, the showers are amazing, and they have a big kitchen. Wasn't that ideal for a lone backpacker meeting people in the hostel, but fortunately my dorm mates were very social. Definitely the spot to be if you're looking a little outside the tourist loop of the city.

My stay here was great - the staff were friendly and assisted in getting around, finding places to eat and things to see. The location was good it's not right in the centre but it's in an awesome part of the city to go out and explore some of the less touristy things. The kitchen is amazing.

Too loud in the room because of traffic sounds from the window :(

My stay in the Cat’s Pajamas hostel was perfect. The hostel is modern, clean, and...cool! It’s a pleasure to spend a little time in the main entrance room or in the kitchen, lying on one of the sofas and listening nice music from the reception. The room are really comfortable and most important: the all have the bathroom inside!!! I really need to underline the kindness and the competence of all the receptionist. Definitely: I'd like to recommend this hostel to everybody!

There was a blond girl at the reception very humble! she explained to me all the cool places for sightseeing. The hostel was extremely clean! so far the cleanest hostel i've ever been to. Looked like an Hotel. Definitely if I return I'll stay in CAT'S.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

My sister and I booked this hostel because of the ratings for location and cleanliness and I was greatly disappointed. It took us roughly 30 minutes by U-Bahn and then S-Bahn to get to the main monuments in Berlin. As for cleanliness, the bathroom and shower were very clean but both the blanket on the bed and the sheets had what looked like blood stains on them. They had clearly been washed but the stains remained and I was pretty grossed out.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Hi there, we are really sorry to hear about your experience. We always give out fresh, clean sheets at check in and we have a 24 hour reception in case you have any complaints, needs or anything else. We weren't aware and were not alarmed of your problem during your stay, therefore all we can do is offer our utmost apologies. We hope you were able to enjoy the rest of the Hostel and your time with us in Berlin despite this issue. All the best, The Cats Pajamas Team

We loved the decoration, the cleanliness and the staff.. They were all cheerful and more than helpful. The u-bahn is just outside the hostel and can take you practically everywhere, while hiring a bike is a lovely alternative. I also liked that we had very friendly and respectful roomates, and enjoyed very good night sleeps. Finally, even though there were a lot of students, there were people of all ages, too. I would definately go back!

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Greece

Beautiful hostel attended by a very nice staff. A lot of cool options for eating or going for a drink nearby. They offer breakfast everyday, but still you are able to make your own meals in the kitchen. I only wish they would clean better the shared rooms. Anyway, I would definitely stay there again :)

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Great value for money

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Very nice hostel at the borders of Kreuzberg very close to Hermannplatz metro. Staff is very polite and helpful, there is a large and modern kitchen and a nice and relaxful hall. Possibilty to rent bikes (very useful).

Design wise when it comes to the rooms/beds/bathrooms one of the best places I ever stayed at. Also great value for money. One of the most happening areas in berlin and right next to the tube. The vibe in the hostel was a bit mellow, maybe because they don't have a bar but to be honest that kinda suited me, there are loads of places nearby to party at. Can get a bit noisy from the streets at night but if you shut the windows no prob. Really recommend

I love this hostel!

Really enjoyed our stay at The Cat's Pajamas. We got a four bed dorm with ensuite bath and it was really more like a hotel room. The shower and bathroom facilities all seemed new and were outstanding. The hostel has a funky atmosphere with great common areas and a large, modern kitchen. Although located about 20 minutes out of the city centre by public transport, the surrounding neighbourhoods are very fun and funky with lots of cute restaurants, bars, and cafes. Would definitely stay again!

Amazing! More like a hotel than a hostel. The four bed room had a great en-suite with separate shower/ toilet rooms. The kitchen and common rooms were really open and quirky, but there was not much talking among guests. The staff were really helpful too. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Thanks to everyone at the Cat's Pajamas we had a wonderful stay in Berlin. The staff were so helpful (all with perfect English of course!!). Being literally just round the corner from the U on Hermanplatz was an excellent location and easy to get to all the places we wanted to see while giving a little "relief" from the main sights. Everything we needed was close by (supermarkets/"market stalls"/fast food) and the area felt safe even when we returned very late at night.Loved it!!