The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Excellent

The positives: Best location in Berlin for actually experiencing the city. Good value. Great kitchen. Comfortable beds/rooms. The negatives: In room lockers aren't secure (leave your valuables in their safe) and they could do more to organize events. Overall great experience and I'll be happy to go back in a few months.

Wonderful new, clean hostel in a pretty good location. The beds are comfy and the rooms spacious and secure. Wifi works really well and kitchen is good. You can also hire bikes here. Negatives-we found the hostel had an older crowd and little atmosphere, no one really socialising or looking to go out. Also tried washing one day, first reception had no coins, then no washing power so we bought our own as already wasted half a day mucking around. Ended up spending €12 to do washing ourselves.

Great hostel, easy to arrive, next to Hermannplatz station and very, very friendly, I had the best experience!

Great hostel - very clean with a fun and chill atmosphere. Not the greatest part of town ever but would for sure recommend staying here.

The hostel should invest more in beeing clean.. The facilities are generally dirty, the garden is full of cigarettes in the ashtrays and floor.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Great hostel and made our stay very enjoyable. Not a bad word to say other than the lockers given in our room were very very small. Also the door's of the rooms slam so loudly whenever someone enters or leaves which I can't see being great for big rooms of people coming in at different times of the night. Other than this I couldn't recommend this hostel any higher, would definitely use again if in Berlin.

Fantastic hostel!!! Loved it here, so clean and such comfortable beds with powerpoints next to beds. Great location next to u-bahn. Kitchen facilities and common area. Friendly and helpful staff. Would stay again :)

Definitely one of the cleanest and most organised hostels I've ever stayed in. Great location and value for money, can't really fault it.

• 4th Sep 2015

This was a fabulous hostel! Everything was in perfect order and they even he free rolls and hot coffee all day! There were hair dryers in the bathroom free of charge, and it was very close to the Hermnaplatz U-Bahn station. However, it was not the best atmosphere for solo travelers. People I saw were mostly in groups and stuck to their kind, so to speak. I was only there for two nights though so maybe it would've been different if I stayed longer? The staff was great though! Veray friendly!

Location isn't the best but it is next to metro, and feel like its residential area, so you could easily get cheap food nearaby. Staff are helpful and friendly. Key card access. The kitchen is huge and amazing. didn't join their breakfast cause you could get cheaper food across the street. Lack of atmosphere with everyone travelling in groups stuck in their own little group though. However, I would recommend it and stay here again if I come to Berlin.

A good place for your stay while in Berlin. Clean and cozy. Good staff. Wi-Fi on the 4th floor is not good.

A cool place to stay and I loved the lobby. The room was nice and clean. The beds were lovely as well.

This was just as nice as staying in a hotel. Conveniently located to the Hermannplatz metro station which gets you to Alexanderplatz, Mitte, etc very quickly and easily. Staff is super helpful and friendly. So glad I stayed here.

• 25th Aug 2015

Excellent, well equipped kitchen, hostel right next to a large supermarket, decent wifi, location close to metro and easy to find. The only negative was our shower was too slow draining so we couldn't use it for more than 2 minutes .

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I would stay here again, clean rooms with plenty of space and helpful staff.

The Cat's Pajamas was the cat's meow! Awesome hostel with great people and a fantastic facility. There was even AC! Had a great room with fun people--even made some friends during my stay. I would definitely repeat if I'm back in Berlin. Thanks!

• 22nd Aug 2015

I kept saying to myself "I think this is the best hostel i've ever stayed at" a lot during my stay. The atmosphere, the couch cushions, the cats all over the walls, the amazing bunks with plugs and outlets, the cleanliness, the amazing kitchen and readily available staff to answer all my silly questions was amazing! No free coffee- but plenty of people leave food in the free-bin- so it wasn't a problem. Thank you guys for everything!

The wifi didnt reach the rooms

Nice clean rooms with lots of space. A plug and a light by every bed. Good chill out area downstairs and a nice big kitchen. Bad points: - location - have to get tube into centre - wifi in rooms is weak