The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

The hostel was such a chill out hostel!! So probably wouldn't recommend if you're keen to party because that definitely isn't on the cards. But the facilities are great. Huge kitchen, very comfortable lounge. One unfortunate thing that I have to mention was that there was a big break in to a room, although the security seemed efficient enough, o just don't think the staff dealt with it as best as they could have.

Excellent experience here from start to finish. Would definitely stay again

I loved this hostel and had some great times with some amazing people. The big kitchen has everything you need to cook a great meal and meet some really interesting people. The beds are really comfortable and clean and it's right next to Hermanplatz station so you can get anywhere quickly.

I really enjoyed this Hostel. The staff were very friendly, the atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. The place wasn't too noisy. Bikes could be hired directly from there, computers are available for the internet and printing out travel documents etc. It's very close to the local U-Bahn station meaning access to all pf the city is really easy. I would definitely stay here again!

Dorm was really good, lots of communal space and good kitchen facilities. The wifi was brilliant and there were loads of lockers downstairs if you needed to store large items. Good transport links to the rest of the city. Didn't use the laundry but this is available (I think!)

Super nice hostel in a very nifty part of Berlin. It really has everything - the rooms were spotless, the kitchen huge and welcoming, and the common area had a huge window to the street - Perfect for watching the once a year Carnival Parade. 3 fridges so space for all. Location is 8 metro stops from Downtown, but packed with low cost food options. Interesting trade-off - we really liked it. Great Atmosphere - free food on Saturday night - I do wish breakfast was included.

The hostel room was extremely dirty. With food, dust and papers on floor. I could See What It had been more than a week that had not been cleaned. During the four days we stayed there No day the maid cleaned up because the floor was still dirty. Even after we reclamarmos.

Stayed over a weekend and they offered a FREE sausage and beer event Saturday night. A wonderful surprise and great way to meet other travelers. Facilities were clean and modern. Staff helpful. Location was AMAZING right in Kreuzberg. Rent a bike! The one negative was that I stayed at the end of the hall on the 4th floor and couldn't get wifi in my room. Other than that, it was great!

The Cat's Pajamas could be a great hostel. The huge down fall for me was its location. I made the silly mistake of walking from the train station (hbf) and it took nearly 1hr30mins. Hostel has a nice vibe to it. Stayed 2 nights in different 6 bed dorms, mattress for the first night was worse than second. Didn't eat breakfast here, didn't look the best value for what's on offer. Cooked dinner, kitchen is good. Wifi is ok. Staff are ok but don't seem very social. Didn't like having to make my bed.

Thank you for letting us have a nice stay! Staff is great and location is excellent!

The location is good, close from the underground. The hostel is very cool, the deco and the room was simply great (the bed is very comfortable and like the fact that has 1 bathroom per room and not per floor). It was our birthday week so we got free drink upon C/In, Thank You!!. The staff was ok but when we asked for suggestions were not very proactive and recommend kebab´s as Berlin local food!! (is Turkish by the way). I definitely recommend the hostel as one of the best I stayed in Europe.

Amazing hostel, has everything and is really modern and clean. Cat theme and murals are a little weird haha. But its a great place, stay here

Really nice hostel, but it felt more like a hotel! It's very clean and new. The atmosphere is a little lacking though if you're a solo traveler looking to make friends.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. Beautiful, well thougbt out and facilities, you can tell the owners have designed it based in experience. Fantastic staff..very friendly and always happy to help. I would definitely stay here again.

Everything is great!safe,clean and comfy hostel with helpful staff. Thanks for having such a great hostel in berlin :)

One of the best hostels ever. Spacious, very clean, good bathrooms & beds. Huge kitchen and comfy chairs! It isn't smack in the center of Berlin but the area it's in is such a cool place and Berlin doesn't really have one center anyway. Transportation was really easy and close to the hostel. One staff was a bit short with my friend and another was a bit spacey and so it took a little longer to get a few things done on the day I was leaving but generally staff are VERY helpful and friendly!

Staff is very nice and willing to help. Except I had a bad encounter with one of the receptionists on the last day of my stay. He was a bit rude and was not happy about me paying in big notes.

• 30th Apr 2015

I realise working in reception is not an easy task and people come in and they are jet lagged and weary and probably ask dumb questions because they don't know the area. That said I found the average person on the metro to be nicer than the staff in the hostel. I try to be nice and ask a simple question but instead of an answer get a reply that in English I should say it a differently. Being a native speaker I felt my question was simple and clear. Another time I got "oh I wasn't listening."

I enjoyed stayed at this hostel, it was clean, tidy and great value for money. Only problem I had was our toilet light was broken and the toilet door wouldn't lock.

3rd time here just love the place, and the location is just perfect