The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Really nice hostel, but it felt more like a hotel! It's very clean and new. The atmosphere is a little lacking though if you're a solo traveler looking to make friends.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. Beautiful, well thougbt out and facilities, you can tell the owners have designed it based in experience. Fantastic staff..very friendly and always happy to help. I would definitely stay here again.

Everything is great!safe,clean and comfy hostel with helpful staff. Thanks for having such a great hostel in berlin :)

One of the best hostels ever. Spacious, very clean, good bathrooms & beds. Huge kitchen and comfy chairs! It isn't smack in the center of Berlin but the area it's in is such a cool place and Berlin doesn't really have one center anyway. Transportation was really easy and close to the hostel. One staff was a bit short with my friend and another was a bit spacey and so it took a little longer to get a few things done on the day I was leaving but generally staff are VERY helpful and friendly!

Staff is very nice and willing to help. Except I had a bad encounter with one of the receptionists on the last day of my stay. He was a bit rude and was not happy about me paying in big notes.

• 30th Apr 2015

I realise working in reception is not an easy task and people come in and they are jet lagged and weary and probably ask dumb questions because they don't know the area. That said I found the average person on the metro to be nicer than the staff in the hostel. I try to be nice and ask a simple question but instead of an answer get a reply that in English I should say it a differently. Being a native speaker I felt my question was simple and clear. Another time I got "oh I wasn't listening."

I enjoyed stayed at this hostel, it was clean, tidy and great value for money. Only problem I had was our toilet light was broken and the toilet door wouldn't lock.

3rd time here just love the place, and the location is just perfect

EVERYTHING IS REALLY NICE. One thing about the wifi though, it doesn't reach your room. And they use this username-password combination. So you have to login every time you want to use it. Sometimes the information doesn't work (somehow incorrect) so you have to ask for another one. Quite a hassle, but overall very nice!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Extremely clean and nice hostel. Conveniently located near a metro station. Has a nice and relaxing lobby, and table tennis in the basement. Only thing lacking was a bit of a social atmosphere, people kept to themselves in this hostel.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Norway

Had a lovely stay at The Cats Pajamas! Helpful staff and excellent failities (the kitchen is huge and very well equipped). Location was good - across the road from a department store which had a supermarket on the bottom floor. And there is a train station just 100m up the road, very easy. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Berlin!

• 7th Apr 2015

I would never stay at this hostel again based purely on the staff. I found the staff (with the exception of one) rude, condescending, passive and just not friendly. I have never been made felt so unwelcome in a hostel before. The hostel itself was beautiful, very clean and it in a really cool area.

I had a wonderful stay and would recommend this place for everybody who needs a clean, cool, modern, comfy and affordable place to stay in Berlin. I wish I had the kind of shower they have in their multiple bedrooms at my flat back home :D There's nothing more to add :)

• 4th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel, very clean and really nice facilities. The staff provided us with some excellent advice but at times were not the most friendly. Not the greatest hostel breakfast I have. Would stay here again as the rooms were extremely comfortable and hostel was in a convenient location.

Another stay at this fantastic hostel..great beds..great breakfast and more importantly great staff...see you again later in the year..cheers

Awesome! The staff was very nice and kind. The atmosphere and services were great also. :)

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel is 'different' but in a pleasant, positive way! I loved the modern, chic atmosphere that I've never experienced before....you can lounge and relax as freely as you like in the hostel which helped my stay in Berlin to be one to bring feelings of calm, relaxation whilst being adventurous. The facilities are excellent as is the cleanliness but they are modern and stylish.....a great stay overall at this hostel. Definitley recommend!

The staff are great, the place is clean and comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was that everyone hanging out in the common room was on their laptops. As a solo traveller it was really awkward and hard to socialize. Luckily I had great roommates to hang out with.

Good hostel, really nice staff and good facilities but really boring. Not good for solo travellers. Every body just kept to themselves.

The Cat's Pajamas is a fantastic hostel, the staff are friendly, it's clean, very close to Hermannplatz station and each bed has a little nook for personal belongings as well as a reading light and power outlet. There are large lockers for luggage at reception and a small locker for each bed in the dorm. The only negative feedback is the wifi wouldn't work at all on level 3, though it seemed to work fine in the kitchen, downstairs common room and the dorm rooms on level one. Treat yourself.