The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

We loved the decoration, the cleanliness and the staff.. They were all cheerful and more than helpful. The u-bahn is just outside the hostel and can take you practically everywhere, while hiring a bike is a lovely alternative. I also liked that we had very friendly and respectful roomates, and enjoyed very good night sleeps. Finally, even though there were a lot of students, there were people of all ages, too. I would definately go back!

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Greece

Beautiful hostel attended by a very nice staff. A lot of cool options for eating or going for a drink nearby. They offer breakfast everyday, but still you are able to make your own meals in the kitchen. I only wish they would clean better the shared rooms. Anyway, I would definitely stay there again :)

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Great value for money

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Very nice hostel at the borders of Kreuzberg very close to Hermannplatz metro. Staff is very polite and helpful, there is a large and modern kitchen and a nice and relaxful hall. Possibilty to rent bikes (very useful).

• 16th Apr 2014

Design wise when it comes to the rooms/beds/bathrooms one of the best places I ever stayed at. Also great value for money. One of the most happening areas in berlin and right next to the tube. The vibe in the hostel was a bit mellow, maybe because they don't have a bar but to be honest that kinda suited me, there are loads of places nearby to party at. Can get a bit noisy from the streets at night but if you shut the windows no prob. Really recommend

I love this hostel!

Really enjoyed our stay at The Cat's Pajamas. We got a four bed dorm with ensuite bath and it was really more like a hotel room. The shower and bathroom facilities all seemed new and were outstanding. The hostel has a funky atmosphere with great common areas and a large, modern kitchen. Although located about 20 minutes out of the city centre by public transport, the surrounding neighbourhoods are very fun and funky with lots of cute restaurants, bars, and cafes. Would definitely stay again!

Amazing! More like a hotel than a hostel. The four bed room had a great en-suite with separate shower/ toilet rooms. The kitchen and common rooms were really open and quirky, but there was not much talking among guests. The staff were really helpful too. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Thanks to everyone at the Cat's Pajamas we had a wonderful stay in Berlin. The staff were so helpful (all with perfect English of course!!). Being literally just round the corner from the U on Hermanplatz was an excellent location and easy to get to all the places we wanted to see while giving a little "relief" from the main sights. Everything we needed was close by (supermarkets/"market stalls"/fast food) and the area felt safe even when we returned very late at night.Loved it!!

Great hostel - the first place I have ever stayed in that has ensuite shower and loo. Had a really great night's sleep. Has a huge kitchen if you want to cook your own food, but I found the common area a little unsociable, but can't really criticise the hostel for that - just an observation if you are travelling solo.

It's pretty far from the city center, but it's right near the U-Bahn (subway/metro line) in Little Istanbul. Really nice and clean rooms.

Good hostel i had a good time there :)

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Great staff and facilities, although we have booked two female dormitories, the staff gives us mix room, they arrange us to another hostel and give us a free female room. Really sorry about the inconvenience. Thank you very much.

Good location though you will need a metro pass/Berlin Welcome Card, good bars and restaurants if you know where to look. Convenient plug sockets and lights for each bed. Computers available. Lockers in room too small & didn't fit conventional locks - have to pay to rent one. 1 shower between 6 -no additional showers on the floor. Staff didn't freely offer advice about the area, e.g. bars/restaurants. Bed sheets were clean but stained/ripped. Kitchen sink and sides need cleaning more regularly.

Absolutely incredible hostel. The front desk staff was beyond helpful, the location was perfect, the rooms were hotel-quality, and the security was excellent. It was possibly the best shower I have had in Europe as well. Rooms were extremely clean. Definitely ask the front desk for tips on places to go for dinner! They sent us to amazing spots!

• 24th Mar 2014

Nice hostel, good atmosphere and helpful staff. Thre're no many hostels as clean as this. Everything was OK, but I think that breakfast should be included in price. Excellent for stay at weekend and even longer! :)

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Poland

The rooms were great, quite quirky. We had a room with a bathroom and it was lovely, modern and clean. The staff were really nice and helpful. In a great location, right round the corner from the underground. Would definitely go back.

• 21st Mar 2014

Gorgeous place to stay, more like a hotel than a hostel. Very good value for money & staff were helpful in recommending places to eat/drink. As we were a group of 4, we got a 4 bed dorm with en suite bathroom so we didn't get the chance to meet many other people, other hostels I've stayed in have put on movie nights or game nights to ensure people get the opportunity to meet each other and there didn't seem to be much of that here. Great place to stay though! Loved the music in the lobby!

• 13th Mar 2014

Your staff stopped me in the lobby multiple times as I tried to go to my room thinking I wasn't a guest. I was even in the lobby for five hours reading on multiple days, you would think they would recognize someone. Your rooms are over crowded. Your eight person room should have 6 people max. I didn't have a horrible time there, but compared to every other hostel I was at, your hostel was a huge disappointment given the reviews.

Hi, I'm terribly sorry to hear that you weren't recognized by our staff. Part of our security policy is to speak to everyone, especially if we haven't yet seen them around. Our 8 bed dorm rooms are pretty spacious compared to other hostels. I can only apologize that you felt cramped.

During I stayed in this hostel, I was always happy because of bright atmosphere and staff's kindness. Also room was very clean and all staff was very friendly. This hostel is near from bus and subway station. Particulary I can't forget stsff's kindness.

• 11th Mar 2014