The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Cat's Pajamas, while located a bit out of the main areas, is definitely worth a stay. The staff were helpful, the whole place is clean and it just has a great feel to it. Although not much of a 'party' hostel, if you find the right people the kitchen is a decent area for drinking (and cooking too). Berlin is such a vast city so it was great to stay a bit away from the main areas and experience some local German things

This hostel is class! I was very impressed with how nice it was for such a low price. Very hip decor! Also it was great to have a kitchen and laundry machines. I've been to many more expensive hostels that don't have either. The wifi only worked in the common area for me, not a big problem though. Nice to have free computer access as well. The breakfast was also very good value. Loved the shower too!!

The hostel isn't so close to the main attractions but it's well connected by bus, the U-bahn station is one block away, 15 -20 minutes top to Bradenburg Tor. The surroundings are full of cafes, bars, restaurants and authentic Berlin city life. The hostel is clean, wifi was good, there are no lockers inside the dorms but they're found next to the reception, the staff was very kind and ready to help you. NO credit cards accepted but there's an ATM across the street.Definetely would come back!

• 18th May 2014
  • Mexico

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel during our trip.The stuff was very helpful and nice. The hostel is cosy itself. The location is also good, because everything in the city you can reach by the metro.

Very good. A bit far from the city center so you have to use public transport. They have paid laundry.

Wonderful and helpful staff, ready to assist in any moment.

• 13th May 2014
  • Spain

Great kitchen. Nice common area. I had issues accessing the wifi in my room. Would stay again.

It is really a good and cozy hostal to stay. Almost perfect. Only downside for you to consider is that it is not so near to the major tourist attactions and it may take you around 20 to 30 mins to get there. However, it is good to stay away from there and enjoy a more local residence.

We had a great stay here. The staff were really friendly and helpful and it is located in a great suburb of Berlin. Couldn't fault this place at all.

Overall an enjoyable stay. Felt a little like a hotel so the vibe was pretty average. Located in a colourful neighbourhood with many cool cafes. The only issues I had at the hostel was that the room can get quite hot and stuffy.

Very cool place. Clean, good staff, the showers are amazing, and they have a big kitchen. Wasn't that ideal for a lone backpacker meeting people in the hostel, but fortunately my dorm mates were very social. Definitely the spot to be if you're looking a little outside the tourist loop of the city.

My stay here was great - the staff were friendly and assisted in getting around, finding places to eat and things to see. The location was good it's not right in the centre but it's in an awesome part of the city to go out and explore some of the less touristy things. The kitchen is amazing.

Too loud in the room because of traffic sounds from the window :(

My stay in the Cat’s Pajamas hostel was perfect. The hostel is modern, clean, and...cool! It’s a pleasure to spend a little time in the main entrance room or in the kitchen, lying on one of the sofas and listening nice music from the reception. The room are really comfortable and most important: the all have the bathroom inside!!! I really need to underline the kindness and the competence of all the receptionist. Definitely: I'd like to recommend this hostel to everybody!

There was a blond girl at the reception very humble! she explained to me all the cool places for sightseeing. The hostel was extremely clean! so far the cleanest hostel i've ever been to. Looked like an Hotel. Definitely if I return I'll stay in CAT'S.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

My sister and I booked this hostel because of the ratings for location and cleanliness and I was greatly disappointed. It took us roughly 30 minutes by U-Bahn and then S-Bahn to get to the main monuments in Berlin. As for cleanliness, the bathroom and shower were very clean but both the blanket on the bed and the sheets had what looked like blood stains on them. They had clearly been washed but the stains remained and I was pretty grossed out.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Hi there, we are really sorry to hear about your experience. We always give out fresh, clean sheets at check in and we have a 24 hour reception in case you have any complaints, needs or anything else. We weren't aware and were not alarmed of your problem during your stay, therefore all we can do is offer our utmost apologies. We hope you were able to enjoy the rest of the Hostel and your time with us in Berlin despite this issue. All the best, The Cats Pajamas Team

We loved the decoration, the cleanliness and the staff.. They were all cheerful and more than helpful. The u-bahn is just outside the hostel and can take you practically everywhere, while hiring a bike is a lovely alternative. I also liked that we had very friendly and respectful roomates, and enjoyed very good night sleeps. Finally, even though there were a lot of students, there were people of all ages, too. I would definately go back!

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Greece

Beautiful hostel attended by a very nice staff. A lot of cool options for eating or going for a drink nearby. They offer breakfast everyday, but still you are able to make your own meals in the kitchen. I only wish they would clean better the shared rooms. Anyway, I would definitely stay there again :)

• 19th Apr 2014

Great value for money

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Very nice hostel at the borders of Kreuzberg very close to Hermannplatz metro. Staff is very polite and helpful, there is a large and modern kitchen and a nice and relaxful hall. Possibilty to rent bikes (very useful).

• 16th Apr 2014