The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Your staff stopped me in the lobby multiple times as I tried to go to my room thinking I wasn't a guest. I was even in the lobby for five hours reading on multiple days, you would think they would recognize someone. Your rooms are over crowded. Your eight person room should have 6 people max. I didn't have a horrible time there, but compared to every other hostel I was at, your hostel was a huge disappointment given the reviews.

Hi, I'm terribly sorry to hear that you weren't recognized by our staff. Part of our security policy is to speak to everyone, especially if we haven't yet seen them around. Our 8 bed dorm rooms are pretty spacious compared to other hostels. I can only apologize that you felt cramped.

During I stayed in this hostel, I was always happy because of bright atmosphere and staff's kindness. Also room was very clean and all staff was very friendly. This hostel is near from bus and subway station. Particulary I can't forget stsff's kindness.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

This was my first experience with a hostel, I booked a private room for 3 nights (Mon-Wed) Quality of the whole place was nicer than top name hotels I have been to. Huge bed (German style, 2 materesses pushed together) heated flooring in bathroom, lovely walk in shower and free WIFI with excellent connection from the 3rd floor. Excellent location, Hermannplatz U Bahn and 171 Airport bus both stop directly facing. Lots of places to eat and things to do around the area.

• 10th Mar 2014

Excellent clean and modern hostel. The location is little away from Mitte but close to some really cool bars and kebab shops. There is a fully stocked kitchen and good WIFI throughout. A shout out to the staff who were really helpful and I was given a free upgrade from a dorm to a twin. Will recommend to anyone visiting Berlin..

Basically, in my opinion it's all a hostel should be: nice, comfortable and clean rooms; excellent shower and bathroom; great kitchen with everything you need to cook; wi-fi in the social area; a nice and trendy social space with great music and most of all, excellent staff - friendly, always available, with great tips and orientation for almost every single tourist attraction in Berlin. The only negative thing was that breakfast is no longer included although it was when I booked.

There were a lot of dust bunnies on the floor of the room. Besides that, everything was fine: Really nice staff, cozy atmosphere, kitchen with everything you need... I already recommended this hostel to friends.

Amazing. Modern, clean, comfortable. Great common areas, huge kitchen. Beds are good, you got your own power socket and night-light. Bathrooms inside rooms, and you are provided a free-towel. Breakfast is the most complete I've seen in a hostel (they have fruit and yogurt?!). Staff is helpful and always very nice. Good location, close to 2 U-Bahn lines, and the night bus M29 stops in front of the hostel. Among other little details, I don't think hostels get better than this.

This place was amazing! Friendly staff, visually pleasing layout, free WiFi, free breakfast, own power socket per bed, good location, clean facilities. I'll definitely book here again if I go back to Berlin.

Truly a wonderful hostel to stay at. The 6 bed dorm had plenty of space and it was great having the private toilet + bathroom in the room. Beds were comfy and had light and powerpoint beside them. The wifi wasn't so great from the 3rd floor unfortunately. Great kitchen facilities and a huge communal table and area in the kitchen for socialising. Use of the washing machine was 2Euro which wasn't too bad. Plenty of good bars/cafes/supermarkets/latenight kebabs and underground station closeby

Really nice hostel. Definitely recommended!

While initially concerned that this hostel was a long way out of the centre of Berlin, we found it to be an excellent base for exploring the city. The hostel is a 2 minute walk from the Hermannplatz u-bahn station from where everything seemed to be 20 minutes or less away. We had a twin room (with en suite) which was clean and had great touches like the door headboard and the bin sink. The hostel has a good lounge and kitchen and there was always a buzz about the place with a mix of travellers.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Excellent organization, rooms, athmosphere and really nice staff! Would really recommend it to anyone wanting a nice comfy common room to chill and drink a beer or a cup of coffee. The internet connection was really good even in the bedrooms. Near to metro station and easy access to the Schoenefeld airport.

Amazing facilities! So clean, more like a hotel!

This is a great hostel! Light and power socket for each bed, new furniture and quality bedding. Feels very modern and clean with a great vibe - hotel quality furnishings. Shared bathroom is not a problem because it is well designed with separate sink/toilet. Nice big kitchen and social areas with free wifi. Friendly and pleasant staff let me check in early. Good location right by an underground station, grocery store, lots of restaurants. Highly recommend this hostel!

Stunning rooms. Clean, very helpful staff. Not a big party hostel, but we looked online where to go at night. Great security. Had a cool time in Berlin.

I stayed here a week while alone in Berlin and this hostel was perfect, easy to meet great people, great location, comfy and clean, great hot showers and a little breakfast included. Such good value!

Great location, nice facilities, overall a really good place! The beds are nice and sturdy, and it is nice that each has their own outlet and light. Privacy curtains would be the only improvement I would suggest.

The hostel to stay in in Berlin as far as I'm concerned. Real value for money, beside underground, very posh rooms (3star level) great complimentary breakfast in self service kitchen. Great buzz but quiet at night. No curfew, good WiFi plus desktops, lovely staff too : )

huge kitchen. people were friendly and it was nice to have everyone cooking together. computers for you to use and right at a ubahn stop with a huge shopping centre across the road. clean but only small lockers in rooms.

Great place! Very clean !

• 6th Feb 2014