The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

Very nice and helpful staff team, clean, tidy.

• 25th Jun 2014

clean, functional facilities. well-equipped kitchen and nice hangout place. it's hard to find at first- the hostel isn't labelled, it just has glass windows with a cat on them. my wifi didn't work on my device and there are 2 computers for use. close to lots of near cafe streets in Kreuzberg

I really enjoyed this hostel. The atmosphere was great and it has some of the nicest staff I've met. The dorms and facilities are very clean. There is an open kitchen and a great lounge on the ground floor. It's worth what you pay for it.

Clean and quiet hostel with friendly staff. Very good value for money.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Such a lovely hostel. As you can tell from the name, the theme of the hostel is cats! I loved the extra little touches, like the cat art on the walls and the cute little key card holder. Great location, right by the u-bahn station and in the quirky area of Kreuzberg. Lovely staff who were always available to help. I unfortunately must echo the complaint of shaky wifi but props to the staff for getting it going within the hour the one time it went down entirely. Recommended!

wonderful hostel..

This hostel was loads of fun. I met a bunch of cool people too :) the breakfast option was a little much and it's cheaper to buy food as you venture out. You can also stash food in the fridge which is tots awesome. The staff also showed me a bunch of cool places to go to but I got sorta lost. If I go back to Berlin, I'll totally go there again.

This hostel is incredible! So beautiful, incredibly clean, comfortable, great staff! I could go on and on about it. DEFINITELY the nicest hostel I stayed in and so close to everything in Berlin. 10/10 really!

I really enjoyed cat' s pajamas which has really wonderful design, friendly personal and good music playing all day ;) the room was quite clean and the bed really comfortable. Best quality/price relation ever. everything included apart from the breakfast which is quite huge and vast for less than 5€ so go to berlin and to cat's pajamas and of course enjoy kreuzberg!!

• 21st Jun 2014

I had such a great time staying here. The people are nice and friendly. The location is pretty great too because it's next to a fairly popular metro station and just across the street is a supermarket that you can just run across for that emergency ration. Plenty of restaurants to choose from as well.

The rooms were great, with one room for the shower and another for the toilet and sink, plus lots of cupboard space for your belongings. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the place was clean and well-maintained. There's also a shared kitchen downstairs and a tv projector. My only complaint is that it wasn't very easy to meet people there, as people were speaking a variety of languages and it had a wide age range. But if you're just looking for a comfortable place to stay, look no further.

Rated the 4th best hostel worldwide and it definitely shows. More like a hotel than a hostel, but with more amenities than a hotel would offer such as free internet, a full kitchen, and 24 hr reception

Maybe brighter/more lighting in the rooms?

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent hostel, I enjoyed my stay very much. Rooms are very clean, furniture is new, good shower, nicely decorated common room and kitchen. Overall it was very close to perfect.

• 13th Jun 2014

Really great hostel. Awesome common areas, comfy beds, ensuites are cleaned daily, great big kitchen, World Cup projected onto a wall every night, rad neighbourhood, super close to the u-bahn and all for a really great price. Thanks!

Lovely hostel. It was extremely easy to get to from the airport (straight through on the bus and only a few minutes walk away from Hermannplatz U-Bahn). Getting around Berlin was no problem with public transport and there are some nice restaurants by the canal, ten minutes away. Our room was clean with plenty of luggage storage and we liked the bathroom (good shower!) even. The only problem was the roadworks outside our window - not the hostel's fault. And it was fine once we shut the window.

Excellent hostel!! I got myself a private room with a double bed, so it was almost a hotel. Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful. The location was good. It wasn’t exactly close to anything, but wasn’t far either. The subway station was next door and it was a short ride to all the tourist destinations. Comfortable beds. Nice bathroom with plenty of hot water. Strong wifi, even in the room. Well priced. Highly recommended.

Staff was really friendly and willing to help out with our questions. Hostel was clean and facilities were good, having wifi in the room, and 2 personal power sockets per bed. Have to pay for breakfast but their tea and kitchen is free for use. There are also free computers and a guitar to use as well.

The hostel had no air conditioning. When we stayed there it was 95 degrees Fahrenheit (35 Celsius) and they didn't really do anything to cool the place down. The windows didn't open so it was EXTREAMLY hot all the time-making it very difficult to sleep/relax. If its warm/hot when you are going to Berlin, I would stay somewhere else.

• 9th Jun 2014

I will start off by saying my review could be slightly biased. We stayed there over a stretch in which Berlin had record heat for June. The place was not equipped with AC, or at least not very strong AC, and only one fan per room of 6 people. Besides that though, the kitchen area was nice, they offered a breakfast at a reasonable price, and the rooms were good for the price. Overall, I rated this hostel mainly "good." For the money however, this is not a bad place to stay.