The Cat's Pajamas Hostel Reviews

Urbanstrasse 84, Berlin, Germany

The hostel room was extremely dirty. With food, dust and papers on floor. I could See What It had been more than a week that had not been cleaned. During the four days we stayed there No day the maid cleaned up because the floor was still dirty. Even after we reclamarmos.

Stayed over a weekend and they offered a FREE sausage and beer event Saturday night. A wonderful surprise and great way to meet other travelers. Facilities were clean and modern. Staff helpful. Location was AMAZING right in Kreuzberg. Rent a bike! The one negative was that I stayed at the end of the hall on the 4th floor and couldn't get wifi in my room. Other than that, it was great!

The Cat's Pajamas could be a great hostel. The huge down fall for me was its location. I made the silly mistake of walking from the train station (hbf) and it took nearly 1hr30mins. Hostel has a nice vibe to it. Stayed 2 nights in different 6 bed dorms, mattress for the first night was worse than second. Didn't eat breakfast here, didn't look the best value for what's on offer. Cooked dinner, kitchen is good. Wifi is ok. Staff are ok but don't seem very social. Didn't like having to make my bed.

Thank you for letting us have a nice stay! Staff is great and location is excellent!

The location is good, close from the underground. The hostel is very cool, the deco and the room was simply great (the bed is very comfortable and like the fact that has 1 bathroom per room and not per floor). It was our birthday week so we got free drink upon C/In, Thank You!!. The staff was ok but when we asked for suggestions were not very proactive and recommend kebab´s as Berlin local food!! (is Turkish by the way). I definitely recommend the hostel as one of the best I stayed in Europe.

Amazing hostel, has everything and is really modern and clean. Cat theme and murals are a little weird haha. But its a great place, stay here

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. Beautiful, well thougbt out and facilities, you can tell the owners have designed it based in experience. Fantastic staff..very friendly and always happy to help. I would definitely stay here again.

Everything is great!safe,clean and comfy hostel with helpful staff. Thanks for having such a great hostel in berlin :)

One of the best hostels ever. Spacious, very clean, good bathrooms & beds. Huge kitchen and comfy chairs! It isn't smack in the center of Berlin but the area it's in is such a cool place and Berlin doesn't really have one center anyway. Transportation was really easy and close to the hostel. One staff was a bit short with my friend and another was a bit spacey and so it took a little longer to get a few things done on the day I was leaving but generally staff are VERY helpful and friendly!

Staff is very nice and willing to help. Except I had a bad encounter with one of the receptionists on the last day of my stay. He was a bit rude and was not happy about me paying in big notes.

• 30th Apr 2015

I realise working in reception is not an easy task and people come in and they are jet lagged and weary and probably ask dumb questions because they don't know the area. That said I found the average person on the metro to be nicer than the staff in the hostel. I try to be nice and ask a simple question but instead of an answer get a reply that in English I should say it a differently. Being a native speaker I felt my question was simple and clear. Another time I got "oh I wasn't listening."

I enjoyed stayed at this hostel, it was clean, tidy and great value for money. Only problem I had was our toilet light was broken and the toilet door wouldn't lock.

3rd time here just love the place, and the location is just perfect

EVERYTHING IS REALLY NICE. One thing about the wifi though, it doesn't reach your room. And they use this username-password combination. So you have to login every time you want to use it. Sometimes the information doesn't work (somehow incorrect) so you have to ask for another one. Quite a hassle, but overall very nice!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Extremely clean and nice hostel. Conveniently located near a metro station. Has a nice and relaxing lobby, and table tennis in the basement. Only thing lacking was a bit of a social atmosphere, people kept to themselves in this hostel.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Norway

Had a lovely stay at The Cats Pajamas! Helpful staff and excellent failities (the kitchen is huge and very well equipped). Location was good - across the road from a department store which had a supermarket on the bottom floor. And there is a train station just 100m up the road, very easy. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Berlin!

• 7th Apr 2015

I would never stay at this hostel again based purely on the staff. I found the staff (with the exception of one) rude, condescending, passive and just not friendly. I have never been made felt so unwelcome in a hostel before. The hostel itself was beautiful, very clean and it in a really cool area.

I had a wonderful stay and would recommend this place for everybody who needs a clean, cool, modern, comfy and affordable place to stay in Berlin. I wish I had the kind of shower they have in their multiple bedrooms at my flat back home :D There's nothing more to add :)

• 4th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel, very clean and really nice facilities. The staff provided us with some excellent advice but at times were not the most friendly. Not the greatest hostel breakfast I have. Would stay here again as the rooms were extremely comfortable and hostel was in a convenient location.

Another stay at this fantastic hostel..great beds..great breakfast and more importantly great staff...see you again later in the year..cheers

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4