The Central Backpacker's Hostel

Fabulous 547 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 547 Total Reviews

29th Aug 2016

The hostel is nice and the staff was always helpful. The room and facilities were OK. Good place to come back.

29th Aug 2016

Staff that was working there was really good! I would come back again.

• Finland, All Female Group, 25-30
28th Aug 2016

Cool place to stay in Budapest. really good location. The hostel is located on a traditional old building so old bathroom old floors and windows but it makes the experience special. Nice staff and defo would stay again. The hostel room wasn't overly busy so it was perfect for an uninterrupted sleep. Would recommend it to all not so picky travellers :)

• England, Couple, 18-24
28th Aug 2016
5.7

Location of Central Backpackers Hostel was great. Guy was lovely and willing to help, however very unorganised and quite clueless. We were in a 8-bed dorm with only 3 working lockers that weren't the best quality. hostel was generally quite unclean, rundown with easy fixing. Such as the light in the main shower not working.

• Czech Republic, Male, 25-30
27th Aug 2016

Great place for students traveling on budget. Clean and quite with nice atmosphere. Very good location. Not much responsive to emails though. But it did not matter, because no one had problem with us checking in at 21:00 .

• USA, Male, 25-30
26th Aug 2016
6.3

There were pros and cons to this hostel. Unfortunately, the cons outweighed the pros. It took about two hours from the time I arrived until I was checked in. No one was there for the first hour, then the process to get a bed took another whole hour. Look, I understand this isn't a 5-star hotel, but Tama checked in people who arrived after me BEFORE me when I ran out to get money, then did laundry while I sat on the couch waiting to check in. I would not stay here again.

23rd Aug 2016

This was the very first travel hostel I ever stayed in my life. And this hostel has given me all the god reasons why I would always stay in hostels. Tamas, the caretaker staff was always available, very helpful, friendly. Attracts nice people; I made Italian, Greek and American friends here. Everything is just as how it should be. This is the hostel i'd go if I ever come back to Budapest.