The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

Loved my time here. The staff speak no English but I have never felt more welcome in a hostel in South America. The girls are so friendly. I only speak I tiny bit of spainish and found I got by ok and it helped me learn more. They work really hard to keep the hostel clean and do a good job of that too. Perfect location in the old town. I had one great night sleep and two great nights out by the clock tower which is less than five minutes away!

This place reminds me one of those immigrant pensions from the 1890...

• 15th Nov 2015

Perfect location in the old town, air-conditioned rooms and super nice staff!!!

Jacqueline and everyone who worked there were absolutely wonderful and made the experience what it was. They were fun and made sure everyone were having a great time. The issue is that they turned off the air conditioning throughout the hottest times of the day made it extremely uncomfortable. The kitchen was extremely basic and could use an upgrade.

Grand hostel if you dont mind the music which is loud and plays all day. So there's nowhere peaceful to chill out ironically. Make sure you reserve a room with air con. I did but still was put in a room without and Cartagena is hot! The kitchen is a bit grubby but functional. I think there are probably better options in Cartagena

It wasn't a great start to our stay. A friend and I came in late and we were shown to our beds in a 5 person dorm. There was someone stuff on my bed that I was directed to and it took multiple times to explain my bed was being used. The employee eventually just grabbed all the stuff and threw it in a corner. Didn't bother to change the sheets until I insisted. I am not overly picky but like to be treated decent. Then a girl came back and didn't know where her stuff was

Lovely, well equipped hostel - only downside is WiFi not working.

people are so nice, is not that clean to stay a lot of time, but still very good located.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

Stayed in private room as I had been up for 24 hours on three flights. Room was dirty, no towel, electricity went and was very loud all night. Definitely not worth the extra money on private room. Also nowhere to store valuables and you definitely need a little Spanish if you do stay here

Good basic hostel

• 31st Oct 2015

Very nice and helpful stuff! Good location, but not a lot of space, thus there is not a place to really hang out and relax with other backpackers..

I paid more money to be in a room with less people and because there are only two bathrooms/showers in the whole hostel, people were allowed to come in and out of my room to use the shower/bathroom. I would have never booked this hostel, in a room with no AC where people can come in and out as they please at any hours of the day in a room which does not even have a locker. Also it would have been helpful to have a staff on duty who speaks English.

• 11th Oct 2015

A great location with friendly staff, but the kitchen was in a really poor state unfortunately. Also the beds are quite old, they could just do with a bit of an update. Otherwise it was great though, and good value given the super central location.

Quite disappointing hostel, only thing going for it is the location. Staff are super friendly, but useless when it comes to helpfulness or knowledge about what to do where to go, other than the trips they sell. Air conditioning is turned up to freezing at night, so not comfortable to sleep, but off in the daytime. What they say about a pool in the description is not true, there is no pool at the hostel. be sure to demand your change, up front, otherwise they make a problem of it at checkout.

Rooms are overdue for some renovations and deep cleaning, however location can't be beat!

This small hostel is great. You feel very comfortable straight away. The staff are super nice too!

Basic hostel in a great location. AMAZING staff, so sweet and hospitable. But you must know at least basic Spanish! I loves my stay in Cartagena thanks to the lovely ladies who work at Chill House.

Really nice location in the middle of Cartagena and a nice living room with a balcony, but the dorm was a bit crowded with a lot of beds.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Sweden

The staff is amazing!! They made my trip...besides that, it is a pretty small hostel so do not expect amazing party! Location is perfect .. Tips: you should provide oil to cook , salt and pepper...it is cheap and would be nice!

Great little hostel located right in the middle of the old city. The staff, although spoke little English, were really friendly, attentive and easy going. If you are staying here MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR AIR CON! We slept in the only room with just a fan and it was unbearably hot. The staff were very accommodating when we asked to change into an air con room on the third night however. It's a 10 min walk to the getsemani nightlife area

« first « Prev 1 2 3