The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

I loved this hostel so much. It's a small hostel so really easy to meet people. The staff is amazing, they always make you smile. The location was perfect. The travellers in the hostel are a mixture of partypeople and people who want to chill out. I booked 3 nights, ended up staying for over 2 weeks.

location was good and the staff were nice.. but it felt very dirty and the toilet seat was broken off and the one fan in the dorm didn't work so it was unbearably hot

Remembering this is one of the cheapest hostel in Cartagena: Comfy beds, enough room for your stuff, A/C, good common area, small lockers, kitchen, clean bathrooms and wifi. The staff are AMAZING! They are hilarious and make you feel at home. There's a great little balcony to watch the world go by. Excellent location, close to bars and restaurants and a 10 min ride to the beach. Only negatives: the wifi isn't good & the kitchen needs a few more utensils added but I highly recommend this place!

The Stuff does nothing but staying on the desk the entire time. They don't even know touristi info about Cartagena. The bathrooms were dirty all the time, no toilet paper. They refuse to torn on the AC from 8AM to 8PM even if its 35°C cause they electricity is too expensive. I do not recommend staying at this place at all.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

After I came in with my reservation that I paid for there were no rooms available so I had to sleep on the mattress in the living room and the girl charging me 15000 for that night. After I got robbed on the street and wanted to cancel my last night to move further on they didnt let me cancel my last night so I had to pay the full price in the end. The staff is lovely tho, nice people around too, it's a proper Backpacker hostel.

Best staff ever! Nice clean a/c room, just a lack of toilets in the morning when everyone wants a shower! Really nice chilled place overlooking a sweet small plaza.

Horrible!!! Not clean-- hairs in bed, toilet would not flush, and bathroom smelt. Bunk beds unstable, common space had no air conditioning, and the locks were not secure. A place to lay your head if you're on a low low budget and have nowhere else to stay. We had booked two nights but only stayed one because it was so bad. We asked for a refund for the second night (bc of our complaints) but they refused to refund us.

We recieve TRAVELLERS , HOSTEL PEOPLE and we can see the best option for you will be always a HOTEL. All our toilets can flush and sorry for the hair thing. Thanks for coming to our HOSTEL.

Perfect place to stay. The location is ideal right in the historic center. Staff is supernice and friendly, ready to answer any questions and really helpful with directions. The place is always clean. The atmosphere itself is very friendly, you will definitely feel at home here. I will highly recommend to stay in this nice place.

• 28th May 2015
  • Russia

The staff members are amazing, seriously I had never been welcome so warmly at any other hostels in Colombia or tbh in General! Only con: only 2 bathrooms :/

Good hostel, very friendly staff, perfect location. A big discount when a night is booked via Hostelworld.

Very nice place to stay! Location wise perfect, on a nice cosy square with lots of eating options in the evening. Close to everything. Staff (especially the two ladies) is so nice and always cheerfull and helping out with anything. Its not luxerous or anything but has everything you need, you can cook, room has ac., nice common area and balcony. Stayed way longer than planned!

• 20th May 2015

It was a nice gesture that the reception staff offered us seats when we arrived, but beside that, the staff wasn't mentionable nice. Our room was right next to the womens bathroom. There were several times when people were trying to get in mistaking it for the mens bathroom. Very unpleasant. Our room was tiny and dirty, and so was the bathroom -with a shower stream not bigger than a centimeter. It was loud from people talking and music playing all night. It just seemed as no one cared at all.

The hostel should be renovated, everything is a bit old or broken. There are only two bathrooms for the entire hostel and the pool was stucked with matraces. The stuff was friendly but don't know much or had wrong infos.

What a great staff! besides being extremely friendly you will feel very safe due to they recomendations about what to do and not to do in Cartagena. Sofi is the best! Confy best and the best location in front os a plaza full of life and posibilities.

I spend a great time in The Chill House Hostel. The ladies are really helpful and sweet with the customer. It's like being home. The rooms are clean. I definitely recommend this Hostal.

This hostel was extremely well-situated and the staff was really friendly. However, I had a VERY uncomfortable experience with the only other person staying in my room. I woke up one morning to him sitting on my bed stroking my hair and face. As I had already paid for a second night, the staff allowed me to move rooms but I hope that next time they stick to a better screening and security process. I had to leave the hostel as this man continue to stay in the hostel.

Make sure your Spanish is up to scratch and do not talk to strangers outside.

I could not bring myself to leave this place! Sofi, Isa, and all the ladies that work at the hostel are wonderful. You woke up every morning with an hola mi amor and a besito. The location in Cartagena is great, and it's nice sitting on the balcony at night watching performers at the restaurant below. Close enough to fun stuff but secluded enough that it's not noisy at night.

The location is excellent and staff is very friendly, it's a small cozy hostel, my dorm had air conditioning all day which is a big plus. Nice balcony overlooking the Plaza. However they only have two bathrooms (toilet and shower together, so when someone's taking a shower you wait forever). The kitchen equipment was in really bad shape. Also their tours are overpriced, book them somewhere else.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Finland

This is a great hostel in a great location. I have no idea why the reviews are so low. It is clean and comfortably air conditioned. The only issue is the bathrooms. There are only two for the whole place which can require some waiting around but it isn't a huge deal. Pro-tip: don't book the ensuite room as one of the bathrooms is in that room and everyone is allowed to go in there whenever to use it.