The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

When I made payment I was short changed 6100pesos. Told it would be paid later. Asked it be written down in the book, I believe it was but I wasn't sure that it was not put as me owing them rather than them owing me. Told by lady don't worry I will not forget. When I returned in the late evening I thought they would immediately call me over to pay me the deficit and I had to ask for it, was told "do you need it now" it was paid reluctantly when I replied I am leaving in the morning.

Not our best place we've stayed. If you are very very relaxed about where you stay and the quality of sleep you get then you will enjoy it. Only two bathrooms in the entire hostel. Our dorm bathroom was used almost all night and all morning, so there were constant interruptions to our sleep. No air con in our dorm either. The atmosphere is ok, but most people are recovering from a crappy night's sleep! The location is good for city centre. Media Luna looks like a good alternative.

NO idea about the hostal, as my reservation was cancelled.

• 19th Feb 2015

Airco in the room worked very well. Located right above a restaurant with nice music or street performance. Not a big place so it feels crowded pretty fast. One night people had load music and talked loud right outside my dorm: no attempt from staff to be more quiet. Also not happy about facilities: tiny lockers, only 2 bathrooms for the hostel (NO separate wc) and for laundry service they sent me down the road to Makako hostel. Better go there: big common area, cleaner bathrooms, laundry.

Only 2 bathrooms one was in our room so people coming in and out constantly throughout the day and night. Nice vibes in hostel not a massive amount of space for communal areas but good siZed kitchen and excellent location

DO NOT book the 6 bedroom mixed dorm with ensuite. This is 1 of 2 bathrooms in the hostel. People will come into your room 24 hours of the day. On a Saturday night there were 7 people sleeping on the floor in the lounge and 2 people sleeping beside reception. There is not enough seating for everybody to hang out. The lockers are very small. On the plus side the staff are very nice and friendly.

The family that own this hostel are so lovely and helpful and will do anything they can to make your stay better. They have the fluffiest, cuddliest dog ever and I don't even like dogs but this one is super clean and well behaved. The mother cooks a nice breakfast for everyone every morning and the rooms and bathroom get cleaned every day. Lots of nice casual restaurants right on your doorstep and monserrate is just down the road :)

• 29th Jan 2015

Great place to stay, especially for fans of Nelly Furtado. The staff were very helpful and made for a great relaxed atmosphere. Yo bebo leche!

I stayed here for three weeks. I'm staying one more week before I fly back to the States. I like it. I would definitely stay here again. Cartagena is great. Sophie, Isaa and Millet, the front desk and cleaning ladies are great.

• 16th Jan 2015

This hostel denied my reservation from the web site claiming that they never recieved the booking. After showing the reservation which they did not believe they provided no assistance to us apart from telling us where we could find another hostel or us sleeping on the floor for equal price, nor compensate us during the high season of which there was limited availability in all hostels. Do not stay here, you will not enjoy your experience due to the unhelpful staff and poor customer service.

Nicely located in the historic center next to a park. Hostel itself not so convincing: first, they gave me an already occupied bed, then the bed above my new one broke! Linen was dirty, and rooms are too crowded.

Some of the (not all) Staff stepped on a computer and broke it and never said anything just pushed it under the bed, doors in room were tied open. And car alarm went off all night and got eaten alive by Mosquitos, staff didn't know anything about the tours their hostel promoted and were very bad at giving directions or suggestions.

Clean the facilities, get some security lockers that could at least fit a computer, get mosquito nets for the beds or the windows (balcony doors), Only one toilet - would be great to have one in the public area so other guests of the hostel wont have to go to a room that is used by other visitors for shower and toilet. Great location but noisy. Only four seats for breakfast - quickly occupied. The location and cheap price is the only reason for staying here.

Muy bonito, los dueños son muy amables, todo bien!

Hade svårt att sova för att dom spelade så hög musik i rummet, sängarna var sådär men man fick vad man betalade för. Personalen pratar ingen engelska och var inte så hjälpsam tyvärr.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Cheap hostel, really nice staff but only 2 bathrooms which get dirty really quickly. Kitchen could do with updating and things are a bit broken.

Was the most bad experience in my life was so difficult for every dont have internet dont have computer so bad.And many other things.

the place is so crazy in every places sleep people on the floor on a sits only is neccesary that sold the bathroom the landlord only obtain money and dont make more beauty place.

Everytime in every places have a bad smell.and the bahtroom hadrlyever clean.

Nice kitchen, location is pretty good- close to the center but not as noisy. Staff is very nice and rooms have air conditioner (at nights- starting from 20:00). A problem: only 2 showers/bathrooms. At evening they are nearly constantly occupied. All in all I had good experience and I definitely recommend this place for budget travelers.

• 16th Dec 2014