The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

Its really a nice and friendly place, very open and welcoming. Not everything is perfect, so is one bathroom inlc. toilet for more than 15 people a bit pore and some things are broken ore very old. Pity that there was no water in the little pool. The Colombian music all day is very nice and the balcony with the view over the square too. All thogether, not perfect but the atmosphere is great, a really nice place to stay.

We stayed based on previous reviews, however the stay was satisfactory. Positives: good air con, nice balcony over looking the square, good location, wifi. Negatives: Unfortunately the staff didn't speak English at all, the bathroom was very dirty and one tiolet didn't have a seat and the other bathroom is in another dorm, so you have to walk into other people's dorm, finally beer is cheaper than water! We ended up staying 1 night based on this.

RECOMENDED! FRIENDLY STAFF! CLEAN! HELPFULL! VISIT Palomino, Tayrona park or where.... leave your luggage here, no problem :)! Bed's are hard to say the least. However, stayed more then 5 nights :)

The stuff were very friendly and nice, however they seemed unaware of what there was to do and see in Cartagena. They didn't have information on a door to door service to Santa Marta, and on tours we were led to believe it would include full day package, but once on the tour we realised it was only the morning tour.

The nicest staff ever!

I loved this hostel so much. It's a small hostel so really easy to meet people. The staff is amazing, they always make you smile. The location was perfect. The travellers in the hostel are a mixture of partypeople and people who want to chill out. I booked 3 nights, ended up staying for over 2 weeks.

location was good and the staff were nice.. but it felt very dirty and the toilet seat was broken off and the one fan in the dorm didn't work so it was unbearably hot

Remembering this is one of the cheapest hostel in Cartagena: Comfy beds, enough room for your stuff, A/C, good common area, small lockers, kitchen, clean bathrooms and wifi. The staff are AMAZING! They are hilarious and make you feel at home. There's a great little balcony to watch the world go by. Excellent location, close to bars and restaurants and a 10 min ride to the beach. Only negatives: the wifi isn't good & the kitchen needs a few more utensils added but I highly recommend this place!

The Stuff does nothing but staying on the desk the entire time. They don't even know touristi info about Cartagena. The bathrooms were dirty all the time, no toilet paper. They refuse to torn on the AC from 8AM to 8PM even if its 35°C cause they electricity is too expensive. I do not recommend staying at this place at all.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

After I came in with my reservation that I paid for there were no rooms available so I had to sleep on the mattress in the living room and the girl charging me 15000 for that night. After I got robbed on the street and wanted to cancel my last night to move further on they didnt let me cancel my last night so I had to pay the full price in the end. The staff is lovely tho, nice people around too, it's a proper Backpacker hostel.

Best staff ever! Nice clean a/c room, just a lack of toilets in the morning when everyone wants a shower! Really nice chilled place overlooking a sweet small plaza.

Horrible!!! Not clean-- hairs in bed, toilet would not flush, and bathroom smelt. Bunk beds unstable, common space had no air conditioning, and the locks were not secure. A place to lay your head if you're on a low low budget and have nowhere else to stay. We had booked two nights but only stayed one because it was so bad. We asked for a refund for the second night (bc of our complaints) but they refused to refund us.

We recieve TRAVELLERS , HOSTEL PEOPLE and we can see the best option for you will be always a HOTEL. All our toilets can flush and sorry for the hair thing. Thanks for coming to our HOSTEL.

Perfect place to stay. The location is ideal right in the historic center. Staff is supernice and friendly, ready to answer any questions and really helpful with directions. The place is always clean. The atmosphere itself is very friendly, you will definitely feel at home here. I will highly recommend to stay in this nice place.

• 28th May 2015
  • Russia

The staff members are amazing, seriously I had never been welcome so warmly at any other hostels in Colombia or tbh in General! Only con: only 2 bathrooms :/

Good hostel, very friendly staff, perfect location. A big discount when a night is booked via Hostelworld.

Very nice place to stay! Location wise perfect, on a nice cosy square with lots of eating options in the evening. Close to everything. Staff (especially the two ladies) is so nice and always cheerfull and helping out with anything. Its not luxerous or anything but has everything you need, you can cook, room has ac., nice common area and balcony. Stayed way longer than planned!

• 20th May 2015

It was a nice gesture that the reception staff offered us seats when we arrived, but beside that, the staff wasn't mentionable nice. Our room was right next to the womens bathroom. There were several times when people were trying to get in mistaking it for the mens bathroom. Very unpleasant. Our room was tiny and dirty, and so was the bathroom -with a shower stream not bigger than a centimeter. It was loud from people talking and music playing all night. It just seemed as no one cared at all.

The hostel should be renovated, everything is a bit old or broken. There are only two bathrooms for the entire hostel and the pool was stucked with matraces. The stuff was friendly but don't know much or had wrong infos.

What a great staff! besides being extremely friendly you will feel very safe due to they recomendations about what to do and not to do in Cartagena. Sofi is the best! Confy best and the best location in front os a plaza full of life and posibilities.

I spend a great time in The Chill House Hostel. The ladies are really helpful and sweet with the customer. It's like being home. The rooms are clean. I definitely recommend this Hostal.