The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

OUTSTANDING STAFF!

We chose to stay there on a last minute decision to go Cartagena. Location was excellent, situated bang on in the centre of the old town (full of toursits - very safe). However we chose a 6 bed dorm with aircon.. The aircon was only allowed for a few hours a night and therefore the room was absolutely boiling. The majority of the staff don't speak good English so when asking for directions or help they seemed to just laugh among themselves. One bathroom/shower for the whole place. Definite no no

Chillhouse was an amazing experience for me. Both the people working there and those who were staying there had positive energy which made it an exceptional experience for me. Definitely coming back one of these days!

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Chile

It's a nice hostel and the guests and staff are friendly. It's not exactly chill as the music blares til 12 every night. There is often a wait for one of the two bathrooms, one of which is inside a dorm...not good. The view from the balconies is a treasure.

Very simple, but cozy hostel! Good location and VERY helpful staff!

good value for price, staff very nice and helpful, even if you don't understand spanish they try their best to make you understand. Attention! If you're travelling afterwards with Marsol bus company (the one they propose you) e.g. to Santa Marta triplecheck with the staff - they should take you to the hotel you wish in the city of destination but at the end they say it's too late for that (it was like 8pm!). Also the driver was very rude and you need to ask him for the change if you overpay!

I didn´t like it at all. it looked much better in the pics and according to the comments. Too dirty and por facilities. I didn't stay because they wouldn´t let me pay with credit card event though they charged the reservation in that way. Plus, they wouldn't give me my reservation money back.

Truly a chill place! It was my first stop in South America and the staff was more than friendly. I dont speak a lot of Spanish but managed to get by. There were a lot of Spanish speakers here but everything was great! Excellent location, free lemonade, great staff! If I had to complain about anything it would be the lockers were very small but not a big deal!

Amazing location, right in the old town so you can go walking and exploring the city, and come back anytime to use the bathroom or escape from Cartagena heat. I think this place offers a great value for your money, if you compare it with other places in the city, much pricier with not so awesome locations. And I was able to go from and to the airport by bus saving $$$ on taxi fares. I would totally come back, of course is not a luxury hotel, but as a hostel The Chill House Backpackers is good!

Very friendly and helpful staff, who are eager to make a good impression. The location is fantastic, set on a beautiful square in the old town and within walking distance of numerous sights, shops, cafes and restaurants. Had some plumbing problems- a leaking sink - but this was fixed immediatly after we reported the problem. I would definitely recommend this hostel!!!

For saving money, stay there, for comfort, don´t.

Great hostel in the historic centre. Really friendly staff. Family vibe. And the receptionist is an angel who fell out of heaven!! Great sense of humour. Really helpful. Someone marry this woman!

The hostel was very nice and comfortable and fulfilled of our needs. We enjoyed our stay in the accommodation. The stuff was very helpful and could answer any of our questions. We would definitely book this hostel again.