The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

Great place with great atmosphere and amazing staff! Helped us in everything we needed!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Can't say anything bad about this hostel. The location was great, but most of all the staff was great. Poncholo and Alex went out of their way to help and provide us with information so that taxis and boat drivers wouldn't charge us gringo prices. They also they make it a point to learn your name and make sure they could help you out with anything they could. I can easily say they were nicest two hostel owners I have met on my trips to SA.

Great location, staff were nice and made an effort to learn your name- Bolocho is a good guy. The room was simple but had air con which was definitely needed (not all rooms had it). While we were there there was no running water due to a pipe being built by the city however the staff did their best and we were able to use stored water. The hostel is on a nice square with bars and restaurants.

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay in the beautiful double ensuite. Pocholo was a wonderful host along with all the other staff we encountered. For being smack-dab in the center of historic Cartegena at the price we paid, I couldn't have asked for a better stay! Thanks guys!

Hostel is located in the old city which is perfect. Staff is friendly and there are some that speak English a lot better than others. They could do a better job recommending places to go and eat.

We enjoyed Chill House a lot. The staff is very polite and friendly.

• 26th May 2014

Great place mostly for the staff , this is a place where you could feel like home and for me as traveller is the most important. Lumi and pocholo are legends and Carmen is always there to help you out with anything you need. Perfect and safe location.

The staff was super nice and helpful, speaks English and makes super good lemonade :) spend a night in a private room and one in a dorm, both were great. the hostel is on an superb location, would definitely go back again!

Great Staff! Thanks guys for everything you are the best staff ever! Perfect location , nice lemonade and also a gym in the house! Great value for your money. My new family if i comeback.

• 16th May 2014
  • Austria

I loved my time at Chill house, Thanks for the air con. and all the tips . Nice , friendly and safe place.

Bad:man on night shift leaves hostel unattended at night, door open and there are no lockers/safe. Also cornered a friend in the kitchen at night - so would definitely not recommend for girls travelling alone. broken air con dripping on my bed. Poorly equipped dirty kitchen. Hob frankly dangerous. Poor showers. No drinking water/coffee/towels/laundry available. No pool as advertised. No toilet paper or soap. Good:friendly day staff, good music, great location.

Not true at all. You spended four days in the hostel and there was a lady in reception at night because the regular receptionist was on vacations. We know you didn´t like cartagena because of the heat and you were complaning all the time because of this. We understand this, but the hostel was not the problem as far as we remember you were not making any friends while you were here. and we were full with friendly people. All of them happy with our staff.

Great location in the middle of the walled city however don't count on a good nights sleep as the evening staff play extremely loud music until late even if most of the guests are in their dorms rather than in the common area. There are only two bathrooms in the whole hostel, one of which is in a dorm so if you're sleeping in there you'll have a stream of people coming in all night. There are lockers however they are quite small for those with a lot of valuables.

• 15th Apr 2014

OUTSTANDING STAFF!

We stayed in nonAC dorm which was our bad - so hot and full of mosquitos. We go to bed early and are up early so the loud music right beside the dorm was a slight turnoff but the staff was nice and I think for more party oriented travellers it would be alright - not super clean mind you.

We chose to stay there on a last minute decision to go Cartagena. Location was excellent, situated bang on in the centre of the old town (full of toursits - very safe). However we chose a 6 bed dorm with aircon.. The aircon was only allowed for a few hours a night and therefore the room was absolutely boiling. The majority of the staff don't speak good English so when asking for directions or help they seemed to just laugh among themselves. One bathroom/shower for the whole place. Definite no no

Chillhouse was an amazing experience for me. Both the people working there and those who were staying there had positive energy which made it an exceptional experience for me. Definitely coming back one of these days!

It's a nice hostel and the guests and staff are friendly. It's not exactly chill as the music blares til 12 every night. There is often a wait for one of the two bathrooms, one of which is inside a dorm...not good. The view from the balconies is a treasure.

Very simple, but cozy hostel! Good location and VERY helpful staff!

good value for price, staff very nice and helpful, even if you don't understand spanish they try their best to make you understand. Attention! If you're travelling afterwards with Marsol bus company (the one they propose you) e.g. to Santa Marta triplecheck with the staff - they should take you to the hotel you wish in the city of destination but at the end they say it's too late for that (it was like 8pm!). Also the driver was very rude and you need to ask him for the change if you overpay!