The Chill House Backpackers hostel

8.0
Fabulous 1069 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights in the end. Ended up extending our stay because we like Cartagena so much. The hostel is in a great location right in the old city. Good chill out lounge for socialising. Really good air con in the AC rooms. Also the staff are very friendly and helpful. Would definetly stay here again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

I was stuck in Cartagena for two weeks awaiting a replacement passport, this place made me feel at home the whole time. The staff were all superb, especially Yakelin and Luz! I've seen a couple of reviews saying that this place has no vibe. Wasn't a problem for me, but definitely a bit of a create your own atmosphere kind of place. Loved it, would stay again. Love you Yakelin!!!

• England, Couple, 31-40
11th Apr 2017
6.9

First of all the location is perfect, right in the old town. We were kept up until the early morning with music blearing right outside our door. Perfect if you like this, not so if you want a good nights sleep. We stayed in the private room with attached bathroom. The bed was terrible - it sunk into the middle so much that we both had bad necks in the morning. Cleanliness was ok. A/C only worked on one temperature setting.

26th Mar 2017

Lovely staff . Home away from home. That cleanliness and location are everything to me. And chill house has it all.

18th Mar 2017

Great staff . Best location in town , safe but happy area. Highly recommended.

• Spain, Male, 25-30
5th Mar 2017
7.7

The best is the staff who were very nice and welcoming. The hostel is clean and well located. I liked the balcony facing the square and internet connection was very good. On the other hand, I didn't like the fact that everybody in the hostel was using the bathroom of the room so not too much security and the lockers were so small...You can't store a computer in it for example..Only, small stuff.

• USA, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

Location ; The best , great staff and value for what you get . Nice air con. In the living room and dorms. Near everything. Totally Recomendable.

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Feb 2017
5.4

Booked this hostel as it was cheaper than many in Cartagena. Had a bad experience from the start when I was overcharged for my 2 nights. Staff speak zero English and this isn't a problem in itself as it's my fault for knowing little Spanish. But I had Spanish speakers trying to help me communicate but the lady's were not hearing me out. There was little atmosphere in the place with one table with 4 chairs making up the social space. There was always blaring music playing from the reception..

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
16th Feb 2017
6.9

Wifi was not working or not working well. It is a party hostel so don't except the music to stop early. Well located but I found it dirty and not convenient for more than 1-2 nights. Really cheap compared to others in town though

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24