The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

Great location in one of the plazas inside the historical old town, colorful place and clean. happy and nice staff , very clean place and the internet works good. Delicious free lemonade and cofee . thanks for everything.

Great location but no air cond in most rooms and the entire premise in bad need of complete renovations, staff are helpfull but with limited english found communication difficult.

Rudest staff on the planet. Tours are a complete rip off, that's if they even bother to book them for you. They aren't patient with no Spanish speakers. Location is good but wouldn't recommend.

The staff were so lovely and the place is good value for money, however one of the beds had bed bugs. Not so fun! And there's only one shower/toilet.

the hostel was nice and some of the stuff aswell, but there was no atmospher and they charge 2000 cop for leaving your backpack over night...

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Israel

I had a great time at The Chill House. Excellent location and very good vibe. Only inconvenient is there are only 2 bathrooms in the whole place.

Great location and awesome staff! Pocholo and Alex are simply the best, gave us very useful tips on what to do and how to get around. Walking distance from everything in the walled city. Plenty of good and cheap restaurants around it (+/- 10,000 COL). My room had private bathroom and aircon, definitely recommend it. All other dorms share a single bathroom, but it was clean and no one seemed to be complaining. Parties every night, good if you're on the mood but hard to get a good night of sleep.

• 24th Jul 2014

Great place with great atmosphere and amazing staff! Helped us in everything we needed!

AC is worth 100% in Cargena! :)

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Can't say anything bad about this hostel. The location was great, but most of all the staff was great. Poncholo and Alex went out of their way to help and provide us with information so that taxis and boat drivers wouldn't charge us gringo prices. They also they make it a point to learn your name and make sure they could help you out with anything they could. I can easily say they were nicest two hostel owners I have met on my trips to SA.

:D frieeends :) I loved staying at this hostal, it's the best place - honestly. I was there almost 3 weeks and enjoyed every second. The staff is super friendly and helpful (Nevis, Carmen and my little Argentina-fan ;D : you three are the best!!). You get anything you need! the parties are great, I made lots of new friends there, the atmosphere is super-relaxed. To me it felt like home after that time. I miss you all, thanks for everything :* :)

Great air con in room. Fantastic location. Definitely recommend.

Great location, staff were nice and made an effort to learn your name- Bolocho is a good guy. The room was simple but had air con which was definitely needed (not all rooms had it). While we were there there was no running water due to a pipe being built by the city however the staff did their best and we were able to use stored water. The hostel is on a nice square with bars and restaurants.

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay in the beautiful double ensuite. Pocholo was a wonderful host along with all the other staff we encountered. For being smack-dab in the center of historic Cartegena at the price we paid, I couldn't have asked for a better stay! Thanks guys!

Hostel is located in the old city which is perfect. Staff is friendly and there are some that speak English a lot better than others. They could do a better job recommending places to go and eat.

We enjoyed Chill House a lot. The staff is very polite and friendly.

• 26th May 2014

Great place mostly for the staff , this is a place where you could feel like home and for me as traveller is the most important. Lumi and pocholo are legends and Carmen is always there to help you out with anything you need. Perfect and safe location.

The staff was super nice and helpful, speaks English and makes super good lemonade :) spend a night in a private room and one in a dorm, both were great. the hostel is on an superb location, would definitely go back again!

Great Staff! Thanks guys for everything you are the best staff ever! Perfect location , nice lemonade and also a gym in the house! Great value for your money. My new family if i comeback.

• 16th May 2014
  • Austria

I loved my time at Chill house, Thanks for the air con. and all the tips . Nice , friendly and safe place.