The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

Great place to stay, especially for fans of Nelly Furtado. The staff were very helpful and made for a great relaxed atmosphere. Yo bebo leche!

This hostel denied my reservation from the web site claiming that they never recieved the booking. After showing the reservation which they did not believe they provided no assistance to us apart from telling us where we could find another hostel or us sleeping on the floor for equal price, nor compensate us during the high season of which there was limited availability in all hostels. Do not stay here, you will not enjoy your experience due to the unhelpful staff and poor customer service.

Nicely located in the historic center next to a park. Hostel itself not so convincing: first, they gave me an already occupied bed, then the bed above my new one broke! Linen was dirty, and rooms are too crowded.

Some of the (not all) Staff stepped on a computer and broke it and never said anything just pushed it under the bed, doors in room were tied open. And car alarm went off all night and got eaten alive by Mosquitos, staff didn't know anything about the tours their hostel promoted and were very bad at giving directions or suggestions.

Clean the facilities, get some security lockers that could at least fit a computer, get mosquito nets for the beds or the windows (balcony doors), Only one toilet - would be great to have one in the public area so other guests of the hostel wont have to go to a room that is used by other visitors for shower and toilet. Great location but noisy. Only four seats for breakfast - quickly occupied. The location and cheap price is the only reason for staying here.

Muy bonito, los dueños son muy amables, todo bien!

Hade svårt att sova för att dom spelade så hög musik i rummet, sängarna var sådär men man fick vad man betalade för. Personalen pratar ingen engelska och var inte så hjälpsam tyvärr.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Cheap hostel, really nice staff but only 2 bathrooms which get dirty really quickly. Kitchen could do with updating and things are a bit broken.

Nice kitchen, location is pretty good- close to the center but not as noisy. Staff is very nice and rooms have air conditioner (at nights- starting from 20:00). A problem: only 2 showers/bathrooms. At evening they are nearly constantly occupied. All in all I had good experience and I definitely recommend this place for budget travelers.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Israel

Amazing place so wonder the people the staff in special case vivi is so cute and the place everytime is clean. i like so much.

my stay at the Chill hostel was really nice. extremely nice staff, great location amazing atmosfere - very positive experience!

nothing to criticize, especially the location in the old town is superb

• 11th Dec 2014

Great place to stay. The location is awesome and price is very good. A little bit noise, but worth.

The chill house is really nice and easy to reach. Its in the heart of cartagena and i loved it. The coworkers were extremly friendly and make me feel like home. I would recommend everyone to experience the atmosphere of the chill house :) Thank you for doing my last day in colombia so amazing!!

I arrived as a single woman at 12am and my bed had bed bugs, the man on night shift was terrible and said there were no more (there was) he actually allowed me to walk around on my own at night finding a clean hostel instead of giving me the other beds- HE NEEDS TRAINING The hostel deal with them by changing bed sheets but they do to understand it needs to be fumigated. The kitchen is dirty, as is the bathroom. The manager is lovely but she needs to deal with the serious hygiene problems!!!

Great hostel, lovely staff, good location. would definitely recommend it!

Hello, I spent 2 nights in this hostel, everything went fine. It's basic, but enough for a backpackers. the only negative point is that only one shower available. Except that, it was perfect.

Very nice hostel with an excellent staff!!! The only thing that I didn't like was that they have only 2 bathrooms. But anyway a great place in a beautiful city.

The hostel is located in the center of the old town, which is its best advantage. My girlfriend and I got a private room, which was alright, but quite expensive, something around 100.000 pesos. But Colombia is expensive at the moment so be prepared for that. The only real problem we had was when we arrived at the hostel, about midnight, and the guy who checked us in was extremely rude. I hope the owners find out that this guy (which i don't remember the name) is behaving very poorly. Rude dude.

The hostel is in a good location if you want to be in the old town and seems to be the cheapest hostel around, but the atmosphere while I was there was dead. Most people went to bed at 10:30 and there wasn't anywhere to chill after as the lights were turned off and the moody night guy sat in the TV room and looked like he definitely didn't want company. Day staff were nice tho. No A/C, just a fan so the room was v hot, they left the doors open but this just attracted bugs. Only 1 good shower.