The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

The hostel should be renovated, everything is a bit old or broken. There are only two bathrooms for the entire hostel and the pool was stucked with matraces. The stuff was friendly but don't know much or had wrong infos.

What a great staff! besides being extremely friendly you will feel very safe due to they recomendations about what to do and not to do in Cartagena. Sofi is the best! Confy best and the best location in front os a plaza full of life and posibilities.

I spend a great time in The Chill House Hostel. The ladies are really helpful and sweet with the customer. It's like being home. The rooms are clean. I definitely recommend this Hostal.

This hostel was extremely well-situated and the staff was really friendly. However, I had a VERY uncomfortable experience with the only other person staying in my room. I woke up one morning to him sitting on my bed stroking my hair and face. As I had already paid for a second night, the staff allowed me to move rooms but I hope that next time they stick to a better screening and security process. I had to leave the hostel as this man continue to stay in the hostel.

Make sure your Spanish is up to scratch and do not talk to strangers outside.

I could not bring myself to leave this place! Sofi, Isa, and all the ladies that work at the hostel are wonderful. You woke up every morning with an hola mi amor and a besito. The location in Cartagena is great, and it's nice sitting on the balcony at night watching performers at the restaurant below. Close enough to fun stuff but secluded enough that it's not noisy at night.

The location is excellent and staff is very friendly, it's a small cozy hostel, my dorm had air conditioning all day which is a big plus. Nice balcony overlooking the Plaza. However they only have two bathrooms (toilet and shower together, so when someone's taking a shower you wait forever). The kitchen equipment was in really bad shape. Also their tours are overpriced, book them somewhere else.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Finland

This is a great hostel in a great location. I have no idea why the reviews are so low. It is clean and comfortably air conditioned. The only issue is the bathrooms. There are only two for the whole place which can require some waiting around but it isn't a huge deal. Pro-tip: don't book the ensuite room as one of the bathrooms is in that room and everyone is allowed to go in there whenever to use it.

The owner of this hostel is so sweet

Excellent Hostel in a brilliant location. Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms have good working aircon and the atmosphere is more relaxed than some of the rowdier hostels in the area.

• 26th Mar 2015

Thanks to the staff for making me feel like home. I loved this hostel. As a traveler i recomend it. Perfect location if you are coming to enjoy the city.

This is a Hostel, nothing more nothing else. And this is a hostel because here you feel like home. by far the best and safest location in town, surrounded by bars , restaurants .Beautiful night life in the middle of real cartagena´s old town. . The best staff! Thanks girls.

The staff were very friendly, spoke little or no English so make sure you've brudhed up on your basic Spanish. Only one bathroom/toilet was a bit of a pain. Waiting for the shower I can handle, but having to wait long periods to use the toilet was quite annoying.

• 20th Mar 2015

This was a great place, I don't understand why they got so many poor reviews. Staff is super kind and helpful (spanishspeaking only), clean and right next to a plaza where you can hang out. Plays champeta and party music in the lobby during the day which is also nice.

The linens from my bed where taken while i was in the shower around 9am (check out 12pm) even though all my stuff were still on the bed as i was still planning to take a nap. I wasnt planning to check out that day but changed my mind. The common area is a bit small but otherwise the hostel is quite okay.

When I made payment I was short changed 6100pesos. Told it would be paid later. Asked it be written down in the book, I believe it was but I wasn't sure that it was not put as me owing them rather than them owing me. Told by lady don't worry I will not forget. When I returned in the late evening I thought they would immediately call me over to pay me the deficit and I had to ask for it, was told "do you need it now" it was paid reluctantly when I replied I am leaving in the morning.

Not our best place we've stayed. If you are very very relaxed about where you stay and the quality of sleep you get then you will enjoy it. Only two bathrooms in the entire hostel. Our dorm bathroom was used almost all night and all morning, so there were constant interruptions to our sleep. No air con in our dorm either. The atmosphere is ok, but most people are recovering from a crappy night's sleep! The location is good for city centre. Media Luna looks like a good alternative.

NO idea about the hostal, as my reservation was cancelled.

• 19th Feb 2015

Airco in the room worked very well. Located right above a restaurant with nice music or street performance. Not a big place so it feels crowded pretty fast. One night people had load music and talked loud right outside my dorm: no attempt from staff to be more quiet. Also not happy about facilities: tiny lockers, only 2 bathrooms for the hostel (NO separate wc) and for laundry service they sent me down the road to Makako hostel. Better go there: big common area, cleaner bathrooms, laundry.

Only 2 bathrooms one was in our room so people coming in and out constantly throughout the day and night. Nice vibes in hostel not a massive amount of space for communal areas but good siZed kitchen and excellent location