The Chill House Backpackers hostel

7.8
Very Good 1081 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 31-40
18th Jun 2017

I really enjoyed this hostel. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Chill House is in a great location next to a small park with restaurants.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Jun 2017
6.6

No pool or gym like it implies in photos and description, one bathroom for the big 10 bed dorm, if it's busy you have to walk through the other room so not very sercurity conscious. Good location and staff though

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017
5.4

The staff were friendly and the location is great however there was a problem with the running water.

• travelinggenny
  • USA, Female, 18-24
15th May 2017

I only stayed at this boss two for two nights but the staff made me feel very welcomed and I met a few cool people. The location is right in the center of the walled city so it's a great location if you want to go out at night. The rooms have ac but they do get a bit cold so just plan for that. Overall it's a nice hostel that definitely lets you get a bang for you buck.

28th Apr 2017
7.7

Somente um banheiro, até disponibilizaram outro dentro de um quarto quando o hostel estava cheio. Chuveiro é um cano por onde sai a água. Beliches precisam de reparo, as madeiras do estrado estão soltando, perigo pra quem dorme na parte de baixo. O staff é super simpático e ajuda em tudo, sempre sorrindo.

• barbara_cornelissen2324
  • Belgium, Female, 25-30
27th Apr 2017
5.4

I stayed for 2 nights but unfortunately this time was very bad specially for the staff! I had stayed before twice and it was fun. Basically my boyfriend and me had to find other hostel at 12:00am when we got back the second night. During the afternoon the staff said they could book other extra night for us. but they did not do it. So it was disappointing for us finding hostels Saturday 12:00am.

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights in the end. Ended up extending our stay because we like Cartagena so much. The hostel is in a great location right in the old city. Good chill out lounge for socialising. Really good air con in the AC rooms. Also the staff are very friendly and helpful. Would definetly stay here again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

I was stuck in Cartagena for two weeks awaiting a replacement passport, this place made me feel at home the whole time. The staff were all superb, especially Yakelin and Luz! I've seen a couple of reviews saying that this place has no vibe. Wasn't a problem for me, but definitely a bit of a create your own atmosphere kind of place. Loved it, would stay again. Love you Yakelin!!!

• England, Couple, 31-40
11th Apr 2017
6.9

First of all the location is perfect, right in the old town. We were kept up until the early morning with music blearing right outside our door. Perfect if you like this, not so if you want a good nights sleep. We stayed in the private room with attached bathroom. The bed was terrible - it sunk into the middle so much that we both had bad necks in the morning. Cleanliness was ok. A/C only worked on one temperature setting.

26th Mar 2017

Lovely staff . Home away from home. That cleanliness and location are everything to me. And chill house has it all.