The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

Second stay here, great location, friendly staff, but this time I think we were tired of how sad the place looks, really needs some TLC. The air con also broke down in the 10 dorm bedroom, was like a hot box, found out this also occured a few days earlier. It was in fact cooler sleeping in the lounge room.

the location of the hostel is very good but really loud at nigit. One thing they don't inform you about when booking or on your arrival is that the bathroom in the 6 bed dorm is the second bathroom of the Hostel, so other 15 people are using it and getting in the room during night and early morning! So really there is no way you can sleep! The staff was really rude and ignorant when we complained so don't expect to be treated good in any way!I don't recommend this hostel at all!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Great value for money, and situated close to necessities and centro area. Friendly staff, who were always helpful. If you would like air con, take the 10 bed dorm. It is also the cheapest room. One thing that is needed though is another bathroom!

This hostel is a perfect to meet people, but they need to set up more toilets is just 2 for 25 people when the hostel are full, then also need to put fun in the room since they turn off A/C at 10 am then turn on at 7 pm and is really hot like at hell in there; is not chance to chill at the day time, very noise from 7 am because is a construction beside if you go party next day not nice Impossible sleep.

Great hostel located in the old Cartagena, friendly staff and cool atmosphere, i recommend this hostel for solo travelers, met many people from all over the world and had an incredible time, you need to ask thuough for a room with AC otherwise they will put you in a bed with no AC with mosquitos everywhere :X

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

. Called TWICE directly to confirm. We Arrive & they can't find my name & no private room (original booking) available (traveling w my 2 daughters). They say: We have dorm room tonite, & tmrw we try to move you to private. Then they want us to pay full beforehand. Honestly, a small gesture of a discount, actual respect for the guest, would have made me stay. But full price paid ahead for a lesser room with no guarantee of the originally booked room to come. Forget it.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

One of my favourite hostels!! Felt so at home- staff were so friendly and it was ridiculously close to the hussle and bussle of the old town!! Would recommend it to anyone!!

Its really a nice and friendly place, very open and welcoming. Not everything is perfect, so is one bathroom inlc. toilet for more than 15 people a bit pore and some things are broken ore very old. Pity that there was no water in the little pool. The Colombian music all day is very nice and the balcony with the view over the square too. All thogether, not perfect but the atmosphere is great, a really nice place to stay.

We stayed based on previous reviews, however the stay was satisfactory. Positives: good air con, nice balcony over looking the square, good location, wifi. Negatives: Unfortunately the staff didn't speak English at all, the bathroom was very dirty and one tiolet didn't have a seat and the other bathroom is in another dorm, so you have to walk into other people's dorm, finally beer is cheaper than water! We ended up staying 1 night based on this.

RECOMENDED! FRIENDLY STAFF! CLEAN! HELPFULL! VISIT Palomino, Tayrona park or where.... leave your luggage here, no problem :)! Bed's are hard to say the least. However, stayed more then 5 nights :)

The stuff were very friendly and nice, however they seemed unaware of what there was to do and see in Cartagena. They didn't have information on a door to door service to Santa Marta, and on tours we were led to believe it would include full day package, but once on the tour we realised it was only the morning tour.

The nicest staff ever!

I loved this hostel so much. It's a small hostel so really easy to meet people. The staff is amazing, they always make you smile. The location was perfect. The travellers in the hostel are a mixture of partypeople and people who want to chill out. I booked 3 nights, ended up staying for over 2 weeks.

location was good and the staff were nice.. but it felt very dirty and the toilet seat was broken off and the one fan in the dorm didn't work so it was unbearably hot

Remembering this is one of the cheapest hostel in Cartagena: Comfy beds, enough room for your stuff, A/C, good common area, small lockers, kitchen, clean bathrooms and wifi. The staff are AMAZING! They are hilarious and make you feel at home. There's a great little balcony to watch the world go by. Excellent location, close to bars and restaurants and a 10 min ride to the beach. Only negatives: the wifi isn't good & the kitchen needs a few more utensils added but I highly recommend this place!

The Stuff does nothing but staying on the desk the entire time. They don't even know touristi info about Cartagena. The bathrooms were dirty all the time, no toilet paper. They refuse to torn on the AC from 8AM to 8PM even if its 35°C cause they electricity is too expensive. I do not recommend staying at this place at all.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

After I came in with my reservation that I paid for there were no rooms available so I had to sleep on the mattress in the living room and the girl charging me 15000 for that night. After I got robbed on the street and wanted to cancel my last night to move further on they didnt let me cancel my last night so I had to pay the full price in the end. The staff is lovely tho, nice people around too, it's a proper Backpacker hostel.

Best staff ever! Nice clean a/c room, just a lack of toilets in the morning when everyone wants a shower! Really nice chilled place overlooking a sweet small plaza.

Horrible!!! Not clean-- hairs in bed, toilet would not flush, and bathroom smelt. Bunk beds unstable, common space had no air conditioning, and the locks were not secure. A place to lay your head if you're on a low low budget and have nowhere else to stay. We had booked two nights but only stayed one because it was so bad. We asked for a refund for the second night (bc of our complaints) but they refused to refund us.

We recieve TRAVELLERS , HOSTEL PEOPLE and we can see the best option for you will be always a HOTEL. All our toilets can flush and sorry for the hair thing. Thanks for coming to our HOSTEL.

Perfect place to stay. The location is ideal right in the historic center. Staff is supernice and friendly, ready to answer any questions and really helpful with directions. The place is always clean. The atmosphere itself is very friendly, you will definitely feel at home here. I will highly recommend to stay in this nice place.

• 28th May 2015