The Chill House Backpackers hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tablada # 7 - 12, Centro, Cartagena, Colombia

Very nice hostel with an excellent staff!!! The only thing that I didn't like was that they have only 2 bathrooms. But anyway a great place in a beautiful city.

The hostel is located in the center of the old town, which is its best advantage. My girlfriend and I got a private room, which was alright, but quite expensive, something around 100.000 pesos. But Colombia is expensive at the moment so be prepared for that. The only real problem we had was when we arrived at the hostel, about midnight, and the guy who checked us in was extremely rude. I hope the owners find out that this guy (which i don't remember the name) is behaving very poorly. Rude dude.

The hostel is in a good location if you want to be in the old town and seems to be the cheapest hostel around, but the atmosphere while I was there was dead. Most people went to bed at 10:30 and there wasn't anywhere to chill after as the lights were turned off and the moody night guy sat in the TV room and looked like he definitely didn't want company. Day staff were nice tho. No A/C, just a fan so the room was v hot, they left the doors open but this just attracted bugs. Only 1 good shower.

The location and the hostel are quite nice. I just had some issues at the reception as not everybody working there speaks english. A bit of spanish is recommended

Great location in one of the plazas inside the historical old town, colorful place and clean. happy and nice staff , very clean place and the internet works good. Delicious free lemonade and cofee . thanks for everything.

Great location but no air cond in most rooms and the entire premise in bad need of complete renovations, staff are helpfull but with limited english found communication difficult.

Rudest staff on the planet. Tours are a complete rip off, that's if they even bother to book them for you. They aren't patient with no Spanish speakers. Location is good but wouldn't recommend.

The staff were so lovely and the place is good value for money, however one of the beds had bed bugs. Not so fun! And there's only one shower/toilet.

the hostel was nice and some of the stuff aswell, but there was no atmospher and they charge 2000 cop for leaving your backpack over night...

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Israel

I had a great time at The Chill House. Excellent location and very good vibe. Only inconvenient is there are only 2 bathrooms in the whole place.

Great location and awesome staff! Pocholo and Alex are simply the best, gave us very useful tips on what to do and how to get around. Walking distance from everything in the walled city. Plenty of good and cheap restaurants around it (+/- 10,000 COL). My room had private bathroom and aircon, definitely recommend it. All other dorms share a single bathroom, but it was clean and no one seemed to be complaining. Parties every night, good if you're on the mood but hard to get a good night of sleep.

• 24th Jul 2014

Great place with great atmosphere and amazing staff! Helped us in everything we needed!

AC is worth 100% in Cargena! :)

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Can't say anything bad about this hostel. The location was great, but most of all the staff was great. Poncholo and Alex went out of their way to help and provide us with information so that taxis and boat drivers wouldn't charge us gringo prices. They also they make it a point to learn your name and make sure they could help you out with anything they could. I can easily say they were nicest two hostel owners I have met on my trips to SA.

:D frieeends :) I loved staying at this hostal, it's the best place - honestly. I was there almost 3 weeks and enjoyed every second. The staff is super friendly and helpful (Nevis, Carmen and my little Argentina-fan ;D : you three are the best!!). You get anything you need! the parties are great, I made lots of new friends there, the atmosphere is super-relaxed. To me it felt like home after that time. I miss you all, thanks for everything :* :)

Great air con in room. Fantastic location. Definitely recommend.

Great location, staff were nice and made an effort to learn your name- Bolocho is a good guy. The room was simple but had air con which was definitely needed (not all rooms had it). While we were there there was no running water due to a pipe being built by the city however the staff did their best and we were able to use stored water. The hostel is on a nice square with bars and restaurants.

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay in the beautiful double ensuite. Pocholo was a wonderful host along with all the other staff we encountered. For being smack-dab in the center of historic Cartegena at the price we paid, I couldn't have asked for a better stay! Thanks guys!

Hostel is located in the old city which is perfect. Staff is friendly and there are some that speak English a lot better than others. They could do a better job recommending places to go and eat.

We enjoyed Chill House a lot. The staff is very polite and friendly.

• 26th May 2014