The Chilli Bangkok Reviews

53/15 Jareonkrung 37, Sripraya, Bangrak Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

Hostel was very dirty when we got there and was infested with ants! We didn't sleep here in the end and just waited up until our early train in the morning! The sheets and towels were not clean and the walls has black, grubby marks all over them.

• 20th Mar 2015

Not the great location down a hard to find dark alley but I must say the room was very clean and comfortable. Like the other reviews before the rooms are VERY VERY small and the bed pretty much fills the room, which is difficult with two people sharing. There is also pretty much nothing to do in the local area and we walked and walked before we found anywhere to eat, so it's a little out of the way from the more busier parts of town. The staff were great and very friendly.

We booked a double room with ensuite. The room was tiny! No space to put our backpacks and no space to walk anywhere! The bathroom was ok and clean. We had key pads to get into the main part of the hostel which was good. It didn't feel like a hostel as there was never anyone around. The location was poor and the only thing near was the main train station. We had to get tuk tuks everywhere as the city is too big to walk around and the hostel was based far away from anything!

The rooms are very small I paid for a superior twin room ?? Two single mattress on two paletts. No where to put your bags not even a shelf in the bathroom. Hot water 24/7 . We were on the third floor ok for youngest.

• 9th Feb 2015

It's not the worst place to stay but there is nothing really special about it... the smallest room I've ever seen in my life, there is no blackout in the windows and you get all the sunlight, so it's extremely hot whenever you enter the room. The sink is outside the toilet, that gives you an idea of how small it is. Fourth floor, no elevator, and there is not much to do in the area (about 10 blocks from de MRT station). We paid almost USD 30 for a double bed room, you'll find better options.

A bit difficult to find. Nonetheless, no one should worry about having to walk down the alley to get there, even at night. The neighbors are friendly. Especially recommended for single, older travelers who do not want a party atmosphere. A single room with bathroom is inexpensive even by Bangkok hostel standards. The English of the staff is sufficient although of course they speak with an accent.

Small but very cool hostel not far from the river or the trainstation. I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff was very helpful and nice. Would definetly stay there again.😊

We loved staying here! We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Bangkok. It was everything we needed from a hostel!

• 15th Jan 2015

Room was very small but had all you need. Bed was comfortable. Great value for money since the single room was very fairly priced and the hotel was comfortable and clean. Only downside is the location which is pretty ridiculous. It's far inside an alley and I had to make sure at the reception that is was even safe for me to walk it alone at night! Which it admittedly was but still felt weird upon arrival.

Good prices, ok location. Extremely small rooms though. Weird solution for the toilets (couldn't figure out how to turn on the water for the toilet).

To be honest it was my first international hostel to stay hin. Nevertheless the rooms were clean and the staff friendly and kind. The rooms are really really small (my roommate in our double room had to climb over my bed to get into his), but for travellers all day out it should not be a big problem. The location is okay, its not downtown but near riverside with easy access to river boats. Furthermore maybe more Thai-like places are found rather than on Khoasan Road. I enjoyed my stay.

Rooms are tiny. Staff is unfriendly and unwelcoming. Hostel is located in a back alley and is both hard to locate and not convenient. Doors have a push lock that feels unsafe. Rooms are musty and mildewy. The "air-conditioner" in my room did not work. I am still unsure if the "bedding linens were provided as all I had on my bed was a large towel. The only thing this hostel has going for it is that it is $16 a night. And, even at that rate it is not worth it.

• 19th Dec 2014

Nice clean place, I liked the design of the hostel. Main issue was the size of the rooms, but given the other reviews that wasn't unexpected, and the hostel is out of the way of pretty much everything but the MRT station. The staff were welcoming and helpful. There's a washing machine and dryer which a nice addition after a while travelling.