The Chilli Bangkok Reviews

53/15 Jareonkrung 37, Sripraya, Bangrak Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

We loved staying here! We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Bangkok. It was everything we needed from a hostel!

• 15th Jan 2015

Room was very small but had all you need. Bed was comfortable. Great value for money since the single room was very fairly priced and the hotel was comfortable and clean. Only downside is the location which is pretty ridiculous. It's far inside an alley and I had to make sure at the reception that is was even safe for me to walk it alone at night! Which it admittedly was but still felt weird upon arrival.

Good prices, ok location. Extremely small rooms though. Weird solution for the toilets (couldn't figure out how to turn on the water for the toilet).

To be honest it was my first international hostel to stay hin. Nevertheless the rooms were clean and the staff friendly and kind. The rooms are really really small (my roommate in our double room had to climb over my bed to get into his), but for travellers all day out it should not be a big problem. The location is okay, its not downtown but near riverside with easy access to river boats. Furthermore maybe more Thai-like places are found rather than on Khoasan Road. I enjoyed my stay.

Rooms are tiny. Staff is unfriendly and unwelcoming. Hostel is located in a back alley and is both hard to locate and not convenient. Doors have a push lock that feels unsafe. Rooms are musty and mildewy. The "air-conditioner" in my room did not work. I am still unsure if the "bedding linens were provided as all I had on my bed was a large towel. The only thing this hostel has going for it is that it is $16 a night. And, even at that rate it is not worth it.

• 19th Dec 2014

Nice clean place, I liked the design of the hostel. Main issue was the size of the rooms, but given the other reviews that wasn't unexpected, and the hostel is out of the way of pretty much everything but the MRT station. The staff were welcoming and helpful. There's a washing machine and dryer which a nice addition after a while travelling.

We really liked this place. Short walk to the station for those needed to head out early the next day. Layout is really cool. Pool table downstairs is a great touch. Rooms are clean and bright. Super nice shower too. Friendly staff to welcome you in. Best place we stayed in Bangkok but too far from the main areas of the city

What it says on the box, clean and with helpful staff. Had a single room with ensuite. Only complaint is that the front of the toilet abutted the wall making it somewhat of a challenge to use.

Directions: Located in an alley called 37 Chareon Krung. To find it go the intersection of Chareon Krung and Sri Praya. From there walk a few meters up Chareon Krung and the first alley you encounter will be 37 Chareon Krung - there is a street sign. If you walk down Chareon Krung and you pass the tall post office building on your right - you are going in the wrong direction. Nearest station: Hua Phalong MRT. Take exit 1.

My private room was small but perfectly comfortable and adequate. Biggest downside: there was only one outlet in my room and it was near the ceiling. Staff speaks limited English.

Nice place Small rooms Limited access to internet in rooms (as everywhere)

• 28th Jul 2014