6.7
Good 446 Total Reviews
6.7
Good 446 Total Reviews
The Chocolate Hostel & Crew House Located at 506 SE 16th Str, , Fort Lauderdale.
USA
Fort Lauderdale FL 33316 506 SE 16th Str
67% 446
26.1019730 -80.1378030
    Rooms available

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
7th Aug 2016
3.4

I had a reservation but I ended up not even staying there... after staying at dozens of hostels this was the first time I've actually fled one! I got there at 11.00 AM and, even though they were meant to be open till midday, the office was closed! Such awful service, coupled with weirdest vibe I've ever felt at an hostel (I can't stress just how weird that vibe was...), sent me scurrying to the nearest hotel.

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Aug 2016
7.1

The place was quite nice; the little apartments for the dorms were cozy and spacious. The beds were fine, and the rooms were cleaner than 90% of the hostels I have stayed in. That said, I would never stay here again--there are some men who obviously live here who match the stereotype for "Florida Man". My last night here was horrible, as a high/mentally ill roommate locked himself in the bathroom to yell at himself and play music loudly.

• USA, Female, 41+
22nd Jul 2016
6.3

The office was closed when I go there for check in and I had to have one of the residents help me get a hold of maintenance to open a room for me. Once I got in the room it was clean and comfortable. I do believe I got the best room in the whole building though.

• USA, Male, 25-30
21st Jun 2016
8.0

So I ended up leaving the house for four days due to tenting and found this out years and decided to book a stay there. The roommate I was with was quite respectable, the bed was comfortable. But the place does need some refining, some things like the AC unit was broken, and the place wasn't too clean, but overall I'm fairly satisfied with my stay. I'd go back again, if need be.

• USA, Female, 31-40
5th Jun 2016
6.9

This is a good place if you are looking for more of an apartment feel rather than just a bed. It is conveniently located near bus routes. Theres a washer abd dryer a pool and lockers inside in living room area. It is a good place to rest and make some friends as yoy relax in the front patio. For what you pay this place is good 👍

2nd Jun 2016

Staying at the chocolate hostel attracts many transients vacationeers from all over the country, the community and story's we shared was an unforgettable experience. and the management where extremely helpful and quite lovely.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
21st May 2016

Love you guys! Great maintenance worker by the name of Carlito, as well as great personalities! From Savanna and Steven, see you guys again soon!

• England, Female, 18-24
17th May 2016

I enjoyed this hostel, the stay was what you would expect of a hostel, not a luxury place, but a cool vibe and nice people. my roomates were a little bit messy but the very nice cleaning man was very helpful and kind. I had to extend my stay while waiting for my friends to come to Ft Lauderdale and Mia gave me a discount for staying for longer and she gave me really nice tips on places for shopping for cheap. I also liked the locations, safe for a solo female like me and close to many shopping.

• Italy, Male, 18-24
16th May 2016

the room was decent and clean, cool looking decor, the beds could be better, but for the price you pay it was expected. Enjoyed the pool area with some other people staying at the hostel. Mia was sweet to check us in before check in time.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
15th May 2016

The hostel was a good comfortable stay for a few days. The bedroom was a bit messy but there were the other roommates belongings a bit scattered, the apartment was clean tough and housekeeping visited regularly to check on the room. very well located close to the port everglades and airport. My friends and I went on a cruise and stayed there for a few days to visit the beach and do some shopping, the staff was helpful with directions and advice on what to do in the city.