The Chocolate Hostel & Crew House Reviews

506 SE 16th Str, Fort Lauderdale, USA

It's a fully furnished flat for £25, can't complain with that!

• 9th Aug 2015

I paid $100.00 for our own room, and we got our own bedroom inside an apartment sharing with 4 others this is not my version of my own room. Also I feel ripped off considering one of the guests was only paying $135.00 per week and I paid $100.00 for 1 night. The beds were bad mine was an old spring bed which just sank way too soft and every time you moved it squeaked. And my friends bed was as hard as a brick. Overall this shouldn't have been more than $20.00 per night.

It is a good Value For Money, tough people around but if you are friendly and careless all will go smooth. I stayed a week a will go back if I am moneyless.

Close to the airport, cheapest and most accesible hostel in Ft Lauderdale. Stayed at others that I do not recommend. Mia was kind and helpful, the vibe is quite fun. It's an old building but it has charm.

• 26th May 2015

great place for a few nights. nice atmosphere and decent rooms. the pool was awesome and it was conveniently located. the office person was helpful and cool have us a few tips on where to go for fun.

• 25th May 2015

pretty cool spot for a few nights, lots of different people stay there, very diverse which is what you would expect at a hostel. The staff was quite kind, Mia and Carl were helpful enough to let me check in before check in time so I did not have to wait outside with that unbearable Florida heat. The accommodations were just what anyone would need, nothing too modern but it had an overall cool artsy vibe. The location is ideal and the price fair compared to the other hostels/hotels in the area.

• 24th May 2015

I arrived at the posted check-in time of 300PM. I was checked in at 400PM. This hostel is an extended stay hotel/crew house that has been renovated from an apartment complex where almost everyone smokes cigarettes. I shared a 2BR 1BA with 5 other guys in their 30s. It was pretty gross. Having said all of that, it's location is pretty choice. There are bus stops everywhere. Getting to the beach, mall, Culture Room, and to/from the airport is a breeze. Unfortunately, I would not recommend.

The reduced office hours make it almost impossible to check in or check out. Definitely a smoking property and a party hostel, so if you need to rest during the night consider to go somewhere else. Otherwise the hippy vibe, the overall athmosphere, the wasted faces around the pool are ok, oh and the infosigns are cool.

Neat decor in the room and a nice pool area with a BBQ grill. There's a sweet kitty that belongs to the staff that hangs around with everyone. Really good location and FREE wifi and parking!

• 12th Apr 2015

Good basic dorms with kitchens in the room. A motley collection of short trip travelers and seasonal visitors that makes for interesting conversations. Not dirty as expected from other reviews. It's a bit older and could use some paint and an update. A little dust in the corners and the usual dorm mates belongings all about. But dirty? No.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Belarus

Great atmosphere where everyone hangs around the pool and bbqs. I had the apartment room and the bed was very uncomfortable, springy and didn't feel stable. Toilet paper in our room ran out and had to wait a whole day for them to buy some more. Not close to the beach.

Scrappy little place, a bit out of the norm. Definitely not a hostel run by a big corporation like you see every where these days, Eccentric but nice community feel.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Israel

The man who was sharing the other bedroom in #9 had been staying for some time which is fine, but he had random people in and out for the 3 days. Some borrowing the shower

• 10th Apr 2015

What nice change I liked it

• 21st Mar 2015

A cool place to stay close to the airport and party spots in the city. Clean, kind of big room, compared to the hostels I've stayed at in Europe. One of the reasons I really like the Chocolate is because the people were really fun, had a great time partying with other guests. Carlitos is really nice. Can't beat the price.

• 7th Mar 2015