The Chocolate Hostel & Crew House Reviews

506 SE 16th Str, Fort Lauderdale, USA

A cool place to stay close to the airport and party spots in the city. Clean, kind of big room, compared to the hostels I've stayed at in Europe. One of the reasons I really like the Chocolate is because the people were really fun, had a great time partying with other guests. Carlitos is really nice. Can't beat the price.

• 7th Mar 2015

The place was a mistake. I asked for a blanket and was told it was warm enough. I asked for a towel and was told they didn't provide them. I was handed dirty shirts that I could see dried mucus on and was told they were clean. I asked for a room that didn't have a cat and was told there weren't any cats, while a cat was walking around in the room in front of us, and while there was a bowl of cat food in my room on the floor. I ended up staying somewhere else even though they wouldn't refund.

• 20th Feb 2015

no servise persoonal

Rooms and bath rooms were pretty dirty, just converted apartments, hadn't seemed to be cleaned in a while. No real standard compared to European hostels or even south American hostels. Lots of strange old fellas seem to be staying there. Wasn't a very comfortable stay. Girl ay reception was really nice and it's close to the airport.

• 12th Jan 2015

The hostel was good for what it was intended, a few nights a bed and for the price you also get a kitchen, free wifi and parking. Can't complain. Ideal location, cool crowd, helpful staff and a good experience overall. Would recommend and will come back.

• 10th Jan 2015

Really cool place to stay, enjoyed the atmosphere. My room was quite clean , the dorm was an apartment with a kitchen so can't complain. Thank you guys

• 8th Jan 2015

i came at night, and there was no key waiting for me. luckily, i knew which room was the girl's dorm, and i was let in by the other girls. and in the morning around 6am there was a weird guy waiting outside of the room, saying that his friend 'stormy' had tried to get a room there earlier, and he wondered if there were any open beds. very strange. perhaps it is a florida thing.

The bedroom and the bathrooom were really dusty, dirty and disgusting. It was the worst hostel that i have ever stayed. Plus, when i was using my hair dryer, the energy of my bedroom went down, because someone was using the shower...i would not recommend this hostel. The only thing good about it was its location.

• 2nd Jan 2015

The noise factor--pot smokers smoking outside and coughing loudly, music not turned down after 10. Sunday office staff seemed out of it upon check in and they seemed to be closing office earlier than posted time of 9 pm. Keys taped to door with your room number on them not very secure. Staff will enter your room wthout knocking or calling first, phone not working. Loved the cats!

As soon as we walked into our room, we wished we could cancel our booking. First of all we were given the wrong room key and walked in on a couple in bed. The room they then gave us was filthy, the light bulb was missing from the roof, the blinds didn't cover the windows and one of the beds was so old it was ready for the trash! So, to make our week livable, we grabbed a bulb from a lamp, taped magazine pages to the windows and placed jib board under the saggy mattress. This is not 5 star.

Fun party by the pool, room was quiet tho

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Bangladesh

girl in office was helpful

• 31st Oct 2014
  • American Samoa
  • All Male Group, 18-24

parking and wifi are free

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

this was my first time ever staying in the hostel I was so disappointed the beds were hard the hostel it self was not clean I felt very uncomfortable.

• 29th Oct 2014

I have been in a lot of Hostels and this by far was the worst I have stayed in. The place was a old apartment building so each unit had a kitchen, one bedroom and single bath. It was supposed to be a 6 bed dorm and 2 nights into it they added a 7th bed when there was very little space to begin with and the place had not been cleaned for some time. The beds were old and I cold feel the coils in my back and I am a small woman. The best thing that came from this was meeting a few very nice roomies.

• 29th Oct 2014

my room was nice and clean. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the Chocolate Hostel. meet a lot of cool travelers and I would recommend it to anyone who is traveling to South Florida.

• 19th Oct 2014