The Chocolate Hostel & Crew House Reviews

506 SE 16th Str, Fort Lauderdale, USA

dirty and very expenivde

Low key. Great location and good social hub

• 1st Feb 2016

love the atmosphere of this place.

• 12th Jan 2016

The shower didnt work also everything was dirty, nobody was around only drunk homeless people

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Arrived at 3:30 (check in is available from 3:00) and no one was there so I had to wait outside. We had no toilet paper and you can get that at the office, but such limited office times that we had to wait all night to go to the bathroom. Sheets and mattresscover were both just pieces of fabric. Not clean at all (although that might have been my roommates' fault I don't know) and to top it off the shower didn't work so I had to wash my hair in the sink.

• 6th Jan 2016

The rooms seemed to be in a complete mess. Five beds in a very small room. The apartment smelled like hydrogen peroxide. My room key did not work. But one thing that I like is the people that stay in this hostel who all were very friendly

Nice, friendly people, rooms are big

Needs to be cleaner, needs to be choosey on who can and cannot stay.

• 16th Nov 2015

Definitely the best Hostel ever!. I spend awesome times there. Security: there was security cameras everywhere. Location: great, a lot of good food around in the restaurants, 15 min to the beach, 8 to the airport and 10 to the night Clubs in Las Olas, the downtown (awesome, 100% recommendable). Staff: Very nice, professionals and kind girls Atmosphere: Good music every evening, all tastes, people happy, great barbecues, awesome relax times at the pool, wonderful weather, nice talking nights

• 14th Nov 2015

nice place, very nice people staying. Mia was very kind and helpful in accommodating me. Recommend

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Christmas Island

I was a late arrival (I had notified I would be). There was no key where it was supposed to be left. A staff person eventually opened the office to give me a key, but it was unclear where to go. Around an hour after I arrived/went to bed (around 1am), there were people yelling at each other in the common area outside the bedroom door. This happened again around 3am and went on for awhile. Between the noise and anxiety about security, it was very difficult to sleep. I was also given no towel.

• 13th Nov 2015

It's a fully furnished flat for £25, can't complain with that!

• 9th Aug 2015

I paid $100.00 for our own room, and we got our own bedroom inside an apartment sharing with 4 others this is not my version of my own room. Also I feel ripped off considering one of the guests was only paying $135.00 per week and I paid $100.00 for 1 night. The beds were bad mine was an old spring bed which just sank way too soft and every time you moved it squeaked. And my friends bed was as hard as a brick. Overall this shouldn't have been more than $20.00 per night.

View all Fort Lauderdale Hostels