Rating 452 Total Reviews
Rating 452 Total Reviews
The Chocolate Hostel & Crew House Located at 506 SE 16th Str, , Fort Lauderdale.
USA
Fort Lauderdale FL 33316 506 SE 16th Str
54% 452
26.1019730 -80.1378030
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Oct 2016
5.4

I booked here to stay 7 nights but only stayed for one. I thought it was going to be like a hostel/crew house, but it wasn't, I didn't feel particularly safe there as a solo female traveller. There seemed to be a lot of men living there as opposed to just being there on a trip. It was dirty and the room was dark and dingy.

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
7th Aug 2016
3.4

I had a reservation but I ended up not even staying there... after staying at dozens of hostels this was the first time I've actually fled one! I got there at 11.00 AM and, even though they were meant to be open till midday, the office was closed! Such awful service, coupled with weirdest vibe I've ever felt at an hostel (I can't stress just how weird that vibe was...), sent me scurrying to the nearest hotel.

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Aug 2016
7.1

The place was quite nice; the little apartments for the dorms were cozy and spacious. The beds were fine, and the rooms were cleaner than 90% of the hostels I have stayed in. That said, I would never stay here again--there are some men who obviously live here who match the stereotype for "Florida Man". My last night here was horrible, as a high/mentally ill roommate locked himself in the bathroom to yell at himself and play music loudly.

• USA, Female, 41+
22nd Jul 2016
6.3

The office was closed when I go there for check in and I had to have one of the residents help me get a hold of maintenance to open a room for me. Once I got in the room it was clean and comfortable. I do believe I got the best room in the whole building though.

• USA, Male, 25-30
21st Jun 2016
8.0

So I ended up leaving the house for four days due to tenting and found this out years and decided to book a stay there. The roommate I was with was quite respectable, the bed was comfortable. But the place does need some refining, some things like the AC unit was broken, and the place wasn't too clean, but overall I'm fairly satisfied with my stay. I'd go back again, if need be.

• USA, Female, 31-40
5th Jun 2016
6.9

This is a good place if you are looking for more of an apartment feel rather than just a bed. It is conveniently located near bus routes. Theres a washer abd dryer a pool and lockers inside in living room area. It is a good place to rest and make some friends as yoy relax in the front patio. For what you pay this place is good 👍