The Chocolate Hotel and 5 Star Hostel Reviews

200 m east of Pasatiempo, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Didn't even stay the night. When I showed up they had no record of my reservation and the guy at the desk tried to tell me they were charging $22.50/night until I showed him my email confirmation for $16. The dorm was dark, dingy, and filthy. The guys staying there said the maid hadn't been in once in the 4 days they'd been there to even so much as take out the bags of garbage that were piled in the corner. I walked out half an hour later, got my money back, and went somewhere else.

My experience with hostel 1-The credit card machine did not work 2- he manager got on the phone and demanded I pay cash 3-They refused to use the deposit I paid on hostelworld.com…manager said it was not her problem…now I have to file a dispute on my credit card to get it back 4-I spent 2 hours getting cash at bank 5-Room had broken windows, loud dripping shower, barely functioning toilette 6-The room was “rustic” = crappy 7-Every night was loud music late at night 8-Worst hostel in area

• 8th Apr 2014