The City at Fifty Reviews

1150/11 Soi Sukhumvit 50, Premruethai Village, Soi 6, Soi RoemCharoen, Khlong Toei, Bangkok, Thailand

Very far out of the way, I wouldn't advise it for anyone that's actually here to explore Bangkok. The hostel itself is nice though. Situated on a quiet street with good security. Bathrooms are clean and lockers are provided (bring your own lock). Not many guests were there, kind of a dull atmosphere, but it provided a clean bed which is all I needed for the night!

Pleasant and affordable place near the on nut bts station (about a 20-30 minute walk) . Not the most convenient location but the neighborhood is very sweet and the area is quiet. The staff was kind and helpful-they even upgraded our room free of charge! The best rooftop pool is awesome and the reason we chose it- met up with fellow English teachers and we just wanted to chill for the day! Would stay again!

• 18th Dec 2015

Perfect hostel if you wanna relax a bit in the crazy Bangkok.Far from the main turistic districts, but thats the charming thing, living in a real thai area. The swimming pool at the roof is just amazing and pretty clean. Walking distance to On nut or Ekkamai BTS. Recommended

Really didn't like this place it's very out of the way of everything. We had a private room where the beds were rock hard and my doona was just a scratchy rug. The bathroom stank and the sink barely drained. Staff weren't very helpful with anything and seemed quite rude to most of our questions. Wouldn't recommend this place at all.

The location is a problem if you are there for a short time Bangkok. Other than that it's an amazing place.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • India

Secure, clean, tidy, hostel with great amenities. The location is a bit of a nightmare- you'll need to get the sky train everywhere which takes some time. Staff give very poor service- we asked them to book a taxi for us and they said yes, before telling us they hadn't managed to book one five minutes before it was due.

I spent my first three nights in Asia here and enjoyed my stay and felt very safe. The staff were the best! So helpful- I can't remember his name, but one of the male staff members at reception was very kind taking a girl from my room and I to Khao San road on his way home as apposed to taking a taxi. More importantly, he helped me book my overnight bus to Phuket and when I lost my ticket AND left me passport behind he sorted everything out for me. Very greatful! Would recommend

• 17th Aug 2015