The City at Fifty Reviews

1150/11 Soi Sukhumvit 50, Premruethai Village, Soi 6, Soi RoemCharoen, Khlong Toei, Bangkok, Thailand

Really didn't like this place it's very out of the way of everything. We had a private room where the beds were rock hard and my doona was just a scratchy rug. The bathroom stank and the sink barely drained. Staff weren't very helpful with anything and seemed quite rude to most of our questions. Wouldn't recommend this place at all.

The location is a problem if you are there for a short time Bangkok. Other than that it's an amazing place.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • India

Secure, clean, tidy, hostel with great amenities. The location is a bit of a nightmare- you'll need to get the sky train everywhere which takes some time. Staff give very poor service- we asked them to book a taxi for us and they said yes, before telling us they hadn't managed to book one five minutes before it was due.

I spent my first three nights in Asia here and enjoyed my stay and felt very safe. The staff were the best! So helpful- I can't remember his name, but one of the male staff members at reception was very kind taking a girl from my room and I to Khao San road on his way home as apposed to taking a taxi. More importantly, he helped me book my overnight bus to Phuket and when I lost my ticket AND left me passport behind he sorted everything out for me. Very greatful! Would recommend

• 17th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

I stayed in a 4-bed female dorm for 8 nights and I had it to myself the entire time. I really appreciated this because I didn't have to worry about locking anything up. The location is a bit hard to find the first time. It was a bit far from everything, but nice because you got the feel of a real Thai neighborhood and could take a taxi or walk to the skyrail pretty easily.

Really nice hostel - a little out the way from the main hub but good transport links to centre and Kosan road just takes a little while to get there. A little tricky to find at first if walking but just get a bike or taxi from On Nut station only 50baht max and worth the money till you know where you are. Overall not a party hostel just a lovely chilled out place which is exactly what I was looking for.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Roof Top Pool is an extra value, Cleanliness, Staff courtesy, very quiet atmosphere

• 1st Jul 2015