The Claremont Hotel Reviews

13 Rue Du Vingt-Quatre Ao�t, Cannes, France

Unfortunately upon arrival we were rudely told that there were no beds available for us to stay in despite the fact we had booked in advance and paid a deposit. We were ushered out of the hotel to a different one to be met by an equally rude hotel manager. Despite arriving past check in time we had to wait with our bags on the streets of Cannes for a further hour. The new hotel was clean and in a good location but the staff were not accommodating and often rude.

The location was excellent but the atmosphere of the hostel was very uncomfortable. We were two young girls backpacking through France and the hostel was constantly filled by middle aged men, some even in their underwear, at all times of the day. We felt like we were constantly being watch. It was not clean either. I would definitely never stay there again, mainly due to the creepiness of the male staff.

What a fantastic location, one min away from the train station, 2 from the beach and 3 from the shops. There is a supermarket next door but only a microwave to cook your food which can be limiting. Staff spoke little English and shower was broken but still useable. Other than these little things I cannot fault the hotel. Would definitely come back!

Room was small but nice. Bed was awful because it was one person bed with mattress of to person bed.

I guess in a city like Cannes, it is difficult to find cheap accommodation. Hence, this hostel/hotel was good value for money. However, that being said, it did not really have a vibrant atmosphere or any activities arranged by the hostel as a way of meeting new people. I could also hear people around my room late into the nights which was kind of annoying. My sink clogged up, and as far as I noticed there was only one bathroom for 2-3 floors. The Wifi barely function when I was there.

An ideal location - right at the heart of Cannes. For the price, it was a good stay. The staff were friendly and always there. However: the shower wasn't good: the knob kept falling off and the other knob was long gone. Also there was barely any water that came out. And it does have to be mentioned that my left arm has been bitten multiple times as of my stay (presumed spider bites-the concentrated area would suggest not bed bugs). But for the price: a good hostel. Just my bad experience.

Just a low priced hotel. Not worthy of being classed along with round-the-planet average hostel accomodation, facilities & service. Even F1 is superior in France.

It was a great stay with a great room for the money we were paying. Great staff. Definitely recommend it for people spending the day in Cannes. Very good location as well.