The Claremont Hotel Reviews

13 Rue Du Vingt-Quatre Ao�t, Cannes, France

Unfortunately upon arrival we were rudely told that there were no beds available for us to stay in despite the fact we had booked in advance and paid a deposit. We were ushered out of the hotel to a different one to be met by an equally rude hotel manager. Despite arriving past check in time we had to wait with our bags on the streets of Cannes for a further hour. The new hotel was clean and in a good location but the staff were not accommodating and often rude.

The location was excellent but the atmosphere of the hostel was very uncomfortable. We were two young girls backpacking through France and the hostel was constantly filled by middle aged men, some even in their underwear, at all times of the day. We felt like we were constantly being watch. It was not clean either. I would definitely never stay there again, mainly due to the creepiness of the male staff.

What a fantastic location, one min away from the train station, 2 from the beach and 3 from the shops. There is a supermarket next door but only a microwave to cook your food which can be limiting. Staff spoke little English and shower was broken but still useable. Other than these little things I cannot fault the hotel. Would definitely come back!

Room was small but nice. Bed was awful because it was one person bed with mattress of to person bed.

I guess in a city like Cannes, it is difficult to find cheap accommodation. Hence, this hostel/hotel was good value for money. However, that being said, it did not really have a vibrant atmosphere or any activities arranged by the hostel as a way of meeting new people. I could also hear people around my room late into the nights which was kind of annoying. My sink clogged up, and as far as I noticed there was only one bathroom for 2-3 floors. The Wifi barely function when I was there.

An ideal location - right at the heart of Cannes. For the price, it was a good stay. The staff were friendly and always there. However: the shower wasn't good: the knob kept falling off and the other knob was long gone. Also there was barely any water that came out. And it does have to be mentioned that my left arm has been bitten multiple times as of my stay (presumed spider bites-the concentrated area would suggest not bed bugs). But for the price: a good hostel. Just my bad experience.

Just a low priced hotel. Not worthy of being classed along with round-the-planet average hostel accomodation, facilities & service. Even F1 is superior in France.

It was a great stay with a great room for the money we were paying. Great staff. Definitely recommend it for people spending the day in Cannes. Very good location as well.

The whole place was very dark making it often seem or be unclean. The bathrooms and showers were not all that clean and it was strange giving our one key back every time we left. We also had bed bugs in our first room, which didn't seem to phase the attendant we told... Yikes! Bed bugs should never just be shrugged at! If I stayed in Cannes again it would be worth splurging and staying some place nicer.

Had a very nice stay with a lovely Indian gentleman that helped carry my suitcase the 3 flights of stairs and translate French into English for me. Shower and toilet were both very clean. Excellent location. The only thing I can complain about is the single bed duvet on my double bed. Luckily it was just me in the bed.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • South Africa

It was a very average basic hotel: on the plus side the location was fantastic and the staff were pleasant. However, on the minus side, the room wasnt ready when we got there, security was lacking as staff were not always manning reception where the room keys were while the front door was open, and our room was only cleaned once out of the three nights: not very good when you come back from the beach and inevitably there will be some sand on the carpet.

A little bit loud at night..the door bell plays loud all the time but it just a problem with an easy solution...;)

I thought the reception staff were very poor. I arrived at reception the day i was to check in and no one appeared at reception. There was a buzzers alerting them to peoples arrival but they chose to ignore it, i then tried ringing them and could hear it ringing upstairs but no answered. I ended up leaving and coming back later and was unable to get an explanation due to a language barrier. If i had not paid the deposit i would have stayed else where. Having said all the hotel itself was great.

The Hotel is clean, it's near the beach and the staff is really friendly. Great Hotel for less money.

At the arrival the receptionist said he never received my booking (even if I had the confirmation email) and refused to give me the room at the price I booked it. So i lost my booking fee and had to look for another hotel. When asked about where we could park our car, they said the hotel doesn't have a parking (even though it says so in the description) and told us to park in a square nearby. We did so and the next day we discovered that our car had been removed(payed 160 euros to have it back)

• 16th Jul 2013

The Claremont is very, very close to the train station. I felt very safe all through Cannes even very late at night. This hostel was perfect for me as I got a private room for 50 euros and went in and out as I pleased. There were fresh towels and a sink in my room, overall very suitable, no complaints at all.

The location is wonderful, a 2 min walk from the train station and a 10 min walk from the beach, and the rooms are fine, but there were a few problems. First, the room seemed to have been recently renovated, which was nice, but it also seemed like it had been renovated in a hurry. The carpet was all bunched up, and the were spots where there was no paint. Additionally, I found stains on the linens, towels, and curtains. Also, we saw a staff member spending the night in the common room :/

I have never written a review for a place before but I had to for this Awful.paid to have bedroom cleaned but cleaner never did We had to get manager when we arrive to get sheets for the bed and make the bed ourselves Next night the towels weren't change and room was flithy They would want to sort out cleaner before they do anything

when you read that you have your own shower ,it means there is a shower nothing else placed in the middle of the room lol appalling :the mattress was great ;the walls where falling apart ;the windows cracked and the shutters reminded me of some old Western movie lmao ...I just had to take photos,putty on the walls ;carpet on the floors and NO AIR CON .You will seriosuly die without air con in the room;he gave me a small fan which did nothing !

The shared bathroom was poor in styling, condition and size. The curtain rail wasn't fixed to the wall - instead it was a telescopic extending rail which inevitably fell down. The shower was poorly lit. The beds sheets were stained with what I hope was red nail varnish. I was staying in a double room with a double bed but the duvet was too small even for me on my own. One morning I woke to find a bed bug on the duvet in front of my face. The wi-fi wasn't available in the rooms and didn't work.

• 17th May 2013