The Clarence Park

Fabulous 1097 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 1097 Total Reviews

20th May 2017

I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights in a private room, visiting a friend. Really loved the super-stylish room and great atmosphere. Awesome location and value for money. The best thing though was the sweet aroma of fried plantains and fufu coming from the kitchen - ooooh! The receptionist is one amazing Michelin star chef. Cant wait to come back and be teased by such aromatic wonders again, 5 stars!

• Japan, Female, 25-30
17th May 2017

Stayed at 6 female dorm. Enough space for luggage and easy to climb up to the top bed which I liked. Nice clean room and bathroom, every staff helped me a lot with nice smile which made me feel really comfortable. Toilet/shower is inside the dorm so it caused a small trouble when everyone wanted to take a shower or get ready to go out at the same time in the morning. Small kitchen and it looked hard to cook with someone else at the same time, usually not crowded though. I'd stay here again! :)

• USA, Female, 31-40
8th May 2017
5.1

The room was NOTHING like it was described on your website, which states: "Spacious room sizes, individual reading lamps and privacy curtains, and modern ensuite bathrooms. No need to rough it." The room that we stayed in (building 10, room 14), did not have reading lamps or privacy curtains. The shower didn't drain. The pillow was so flat I used a sheet to make it tolerable. The beds were extremely uncomfortable. Email for more because I ran out of characters.

• England, Female, 31-40
30th Apr 2017
7.4

Excellent location, clean hostel with good facilities, needs additional hang out space and kitchen though as staff take over the living room drinking so there's nowhere to sit, some staff were friendly, some staff were definitely not, atmosphere wasn't very inviting. Needs to reasses their booking process as they assign beds which doesn't work, one girl had to move beds on different nights whilst staying in the same room, another girl I met had to move rooms 4 times, needs fixing!

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2017
6.0

Location of this hostel was great, but very noisy and paper thin walls, very young people staying there, felt old even though in late 20's, and it seems more like a long term residence for students than a hostel for tourists. We had booked a Deluxe Double Room, but photos did not correspond to website, apparently their photos of the Deluxe Rooms correspond only to room 11, the rest have not been modernized and differ to what we thought they were offering.

24th Apr 2017
5.4

The First problem was my fault, reception closes at 11pm and I failed to inform them I was landing late and thus get the key code. They also have an assigned check in time, really stressful to find out all that at 1 am, and have no one answer the 'emergency number'. There was very rarely anyone staffing the desk. Everyone smoked out front. The room smelled like body odor, and it took a lot of effort to get anyone to replace the pillows. Can hear everything, fans in other rooms and walking.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2017

Very clean well done hostel. Super good price and the people in my dorm were very lovely! I booked a 6 bed and I am glad as it gave me more opportunity to meet people as the common areas seemed to be very cliquey. Only downfall was that they couldn't find my key upon check in, but they were super lovely and had it to me pretty quick. I did notice black mold in the kitchen draws which needed to be cleaned. The hostel should put more pictures up of dorm rooms they are beautiful!

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2017

Excellent location on the west side of Toronto city centre. Has fairly steep and narrow staircase, would be more cumbersome to bring luggages up the stairs. Room was clean. Would recommend installation of power points and individual lights for each bed.

6th Apr 2017
7.4

I stayed in a 6 person female dorm for 3 days. The dorms were clean, we had a washroom in the dorm. Very small lockers, I opted to leave my bag in their luggage room which I didn't feel was very secure and a bit inconvenient... I missed my train because the staff told me they would open at 8:30 in the morning, that I would be able to get my bag before catching my train at 9:20am. I got there at 8:30 sharp only to have no one there, they got there at 9:15, I missed my train.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
2nd Apr 2017
4.6

I didn't enjoy the time in "The Clarence Park"-Hostel. It already started bad. We couldn't check in although we arrived after the official Check-In times. The cleaning staff was chilling around and went to clean our room over half an hour after we had arrived. That was the first day and it continued to be one of the weirdest hostel experiences so far. We would have liked to cook in the hostel which was not possible because the kitchen closed or there were no empty pots.