The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Overall we thought it was pretty good. A few things we thought may add to the room we stayed in, curtains on the bathroom window.; additional towel bars, perhaps one near the tub behind the door (this would also help prevent the door from hitting and damaging the wall); a mini fridge/microwave would be nice, after all it is the 'deluxe room' and it is in a different building and 3 flights of stairs away from the kitchen; a rug on the floor would be nice as the floor was wet from our foot ware.

Overall, good facilities and great location. The blankets and pillows had tons of stains and definitely need to be washed more... however, the bathroom was quite modern and always very clean. There were no lockers anywhere near our room, so it made it nearly impossible to lock anything away (there are only lockers located in the main building).

Clean, friendly place with great helpful staff. Would definitely recommend. Good location, close to heart of downtown.

Lovely stay at the Clarence Park. Excellent location. Majority of staff very attentive and friendly. Not sure about the dorm rooms as I stayed in a private double room, does not look like the room in photos. Also the bathroom window overlooking park has no blind/curtain which was awkward when showering at night time! But overall a lovely stay

Bad bugs in the room, very dirty kitchen and bathroom... never more...

If this guest was dissatisfied with our facilities it is a shock too us!! He stayed with us for 28 days and extended his stay 3 times! We do not provide rooms with bugs of any kind and our facilities are cleaned spotlessly every day!

Great facilities, nice location but noisy day and night

The staff were all incredibly friendly, talkative, and helpful!

• 31st Dec 2014

The Clarence Park is a very nice place to stay! I stayed there already many times and there is no other place for me to stay when I am in Toronto. Everything is very clean and cosy and very well equipped! The staff is very friendly and helpful and there are spacious rooms with very comfortable beds! I can highly suggest to other travellers to stay at The Clarence Park! It is also very convenient located in Downtown Toronto. There is also a very nice Café in French style with very delicious food!

Excellent hostel in Toronto! Extremely good location, nice shared area, and I stayed in a private room/bathroom that I have nothing to complain but the heating (extremely hot in the bedroom). I would definitely come back here again and also recommend for everyone heading to Toronto.

• 27th Dec 2014

I really recommend this hostel: The staff is really nice and the rooms are good (not cold at night, quiet) but the best thing about the hostel is its location (Cn tower, chinatown, Toronto University). We really enjoyed our stay and even though there is no breakfast, they sometimes bring free cakes from the bakery. The only thing is that some rooms are still in construction and that we can hear lots of squarrels running on the roof ^^ (not their fault but it woke us up pretty early)

The bathroom facilities are wonderful but the room is in a transitional state regarding renovation..

• 3rd Dec 2014

We would like to Thank this guest for the kind words regarding our facilities. But their must be some confusion regarding were she stayed. We do not have any room that is under any kind of renovation. Hope to see you soon!

The staff was super friendly and the location was great! Very close to lots of entertainment! The hostel was very quiet, there was not a lot of buzz and activity but there was a good community of guests. I would stay here again.

The hostel is very clean and the staff allowed us to do an early check-in as there are available beds. Great recommendation for the guided tour to the Niagara Falls. Great location as the hostel is about 5-10 mins walk from Queens Street.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I stayed here with my boyfriend and they were very welcoming. I wouldn't stay here as a single because there's not much going on and there were many other people staying there, and those that did were most of the time on their computers but once we saw they went out together.... but then again we weren't around much. Great place for couples. Nice bed, cleaned every day, good size washroom ans shower and always felt at home. Overall great experience

one of the best hostel I have stayed so far

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • China

Very good hostel but the wireless does not always work, that needs to be improved.

Cleaner sheets and staff with a bit more tact would've been appreciated.

• 14th Nov 2014

Our sheets are delivered by a laundry service for the last 10 years spotlessly!! It is a service we that we have been proud to have and we will put it up against any other hostel in the city that still does their own sheets by travelers who have a cleaning for stay arrangement! Hope to see you soon!

Loved our stay here! I will definitely stay again when I return to Toronto again. Thanks!!

• 11th Nov 2014

The security was good, there is a code for the front door (but unlocked during the day) and a key for your own dorm and there were no shady characters lurking about, but there were no lockers in my room, meaning you had to trust your roomates with the stuff you leave behind (I usually had most of my stuff packed up again padlocked my bag to the bed, but I'm an untrusting sort). The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was great. The atmosphere was a quiet and no hostel activities.

In my travels around the world, this is still my favourite hostel. The common rooms are located downstairs, while the rooms are located upstairs, making it a perfect solution to have late night noise and early sleepers and let both parties feel accommodated. The dorms were my absolute favourite. They have privacy curtains up for each of the beds, then equip each of the beds with a reading light and an outlet - GENIUS! I have never seen it in another hostel but I wish every place had it!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3