The Clarence Park

Fabulous 1073 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Apr 2017
7.4

I stayed in a 6 person female dorm for 3 days. The dorms were clean, we had a washroom in the dorm. Very small lockers, I opted to leave my bag in their luggage room which I didn't feel was very secure and a bit inconvenient... I missed my train because the staff told me they would open at 8:30 in the morning, that I would be able to get my bag before catching my train at 9:20am. I got there at 8:30 sharp only to have no one there, they got there at 9:15, I missed my train.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
2nd Apr 2017
4.6

I didn't enjoy the time in "The Clarence Park"-Hostel. It already started bad. We couldn't check in although we arrived after the official Check-In times. The cleaning staff was chilling around and went to clean our room over half an hour after we had arrived. That was the first day and it continued to be one of the weirdest hostel experiences so far. We would have liked to cook in the hostel which was not possible because the kitchen closed or there were no empty pots.

• USA, Male, 41+
26th Mar 2017

The Clarence Park is terrific. Perfect location, great accommodations, excellent professional helpful staff all the way around (Nancy is exceptional).

• South Africa, Male, 31-40
26th Mar 2017

Excellent hostel. Nice character in an old buildings, and quite big.

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2017
6.9

This hostel was clean and comfortable but isn't great if you're looking to make friends as a traveller. A lot of the rooms seem to be used by young students who seem to keep themselves to themselves and aren't very friendly. The location is great and was mostly clean but the atmosphere was quiet, unlike other hostels we had stayed in. The rooms were cramped and at a times a few of the staff members were unprofessional.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2017
7.4

The hostel was clean and well-located. I stayed in a 6-bed room and we had a bathroom inside the room, with a very good shower. The beds were also good. The facilities are new and the kitchen is well equipped (despite the lack of forks and knifes sometimes). The staff, however, was not very friendly and didn't seem willing to help. Even though, I would stay there again! PS.: No breakfast. There is a place to live your luggage if you need. They also have maps of the city.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2017
8.0

The location is perfect! You can get to a lot of places without public transportation, and have lots of options to eat/go out close by. I was in a six people dorm which was perfectly fine, however the bathroom and shared spaces were just average. Nothing fancy, but definitely good enough for a short stay.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
19th Mar 2017
6.9

Good Hostel with a perfect location in downtown Toronto. The beds were very comfortable and the room was really big. Unfortunately there was only one toilet and one shower for ten persons what is definetly not enough! The kitchen was alright and the staff was kind although they seemed to be quiet unorganised. There is not a real common area where people are hanging out in the evening. All in all an average hostel with an extraordinary location.

• England, Female, 25-30
15th Mar 2017
8.0

Great location in the centre of the city. Staff were friendly and helpful. My only issue would be that there was no complimentary tea as advertised and seemed to only be 2cups between the whole hostel which made making drinks difficult.

• miyakoxu2852
  • China, Female, 25-30
19th Feb 2017

The first time been to Canada. The staff are very friendly, and the location is very good which is in downtown. You can almost go everywhere by walking. All sightseeings are not that far.