The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Very good hostel but the wireless does not always work, that needs to be improved.

Cleaner sheets and staff with a bit more tact would've been appreciated.

• 14th Nov 2014

Our sheets are delivered by a laundry service for the last 10 years spotlessly!! It is a service we that we have been proud to have and we will put it up against any other hostel in the city that still does their own sheets by travelers who have a cleaning for stay arrangement! Hope to see you soon!

Loved our stay here! I will definitely stay again when I return to Toronto again. Thanks!!

• 11th Nov 2014

The security was good, there is a code for the front door (but unlocked during the day) and a key for your own dorm and there were no shady characters lurking about, but there were no lockers in my room, meaning you had to trust your roomates with the stuff you leave behind (I usually had most of my stuff packed up again padlocked my bag to the bed, but I'm an untrusting sort). The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was great. The atmosphere was a quiet and no hostel activities.

• 6th Nov 2014

Bed curtains was good.

• jarratt_gould3709
  • New Zealand

I found that the kitchen was often a mess until someone cleaned it up. Most other experiences I have encountered at hostels, people cleaned up after quickly to make way for the next.

• 30th Oct 2014

The Clarence Park is first class in every respect, i.e. location, décor, kitchen facilities, quality beds etc. Moreover, the Management look after their guests outstanding well resulting in many travellers opting to stay several months! I thoroughly recommend The Clarence Park.

• Scotland

Excellent location! The kitchen was a social center with people cooking and talking. I felt "at home" even though I was an older guest. The staff was helpful. I wish I had a real chair for the desk in my room; this would have made my work more comfortable. The room was serviced daily--it could be optional. Cleaning the blinds and behind the beds would help cleanliness. Internet access on upper floors is NECESSARY.

• 29th Oct 2014

The place fulfilled its services well: good for resting, clean, and friendly. The staff were always available and fellow travelers were an unexpected bonus. I would recommend it..

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Very great location not a party hostel nice layout I like the mellow atmosphere I didn't like waiting until 2 to check in ever though the room was ready earlier but they did lock my stuff up and I did some yoga and watched tv while I waited I give it very high ratings and will come back soon when I get back from Bali

• 25th Oct 2014

Great staff, perfect location and extremely clean! Curtains around beds are a huge plus! The only negative point would be the wifi that does not work in the rooms.

I loved my stay here, the people were great and it was close to everywhere you would need to go.

• 17th Oct 2014

Well equipped kitchen, but really dirty due to people not cleaning up after themselves. Hostel was opened last year so it is all modern, but already lived down by the guests. Bins in our room weren't emptied as we arrived. Room had no proper window, only emergency door with no glass you could see through. No go: a huge bug-like creature crawling around the room. Very nice staff on welcome though, helped carrying our luggage. WiFi didn't work properly in the room.

• 7th Oct 2014

Couldn't ask for better. Great location, good value for money, the friendliest of staff, great facilities, warm comfortable rooms, heaps of communal space, great kitchen. Short interesting walk to china town and kensington markets. Right in the heart of the city. Best place to stay.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The staff was helpful and congenial. I found location very convenient, close to downtown and transportation. A couple things that would be appreciated are at least an additional stove in the kitchen (waited at least 1/2 hr one night) and storage cubicles in dorms.

No washing machine :(

We stayed in a private ensuite and were very impressed. It was like a mini hotel room. The room was nice and quant, bed was comfy, suprised that they had a little flat screen TV in the room as well as that is not something we've seen in other private ensuites that we had stayed in. Location was good. Only negative was that we were awoken by rowdy crowds coming back from a night out around 1am but it is a hostel after all so that's to be expected. Would definitely stay here again though.

• 19th Sep 2014

Great place to stay in an awesome location and the staff were riendly and helpful.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

The hostel was OK. It is in a very good location, you can basically get almost everywhere by walking. The beds in the hostel were pretty good and comfortable. Some people seemed to stay in the Hostel for a longer period of time, so it felt like most people already knew each other. The cleanliness generally was OK, just the bathrooms were not really clean, and it wasn't really nice to use them. In our bathroom there were a lot of hair and dirt on the floor.

• 16th Sep 2014

Our bathrooms are cleaned spotlessly every day! But it is unrealistic to assume that the bathrooms are cleaned after every use!! If you have ever spent any time in a hostel you would have to expect a level of compromise between you and the guests that you share the room with. If our hostel was in the state of disrepair as stated, this guest would not have extended their stay 3 times. We hope to see you soon!

great stay in a lovely hostel.

• 15th Sep 2014