The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Great location for the hostel. I love the cafe next store and the lounge and kitchen. Wish the room and bathroom was more supplied though, like soap in the bathroom and maybe a closet to put our stuff or something.

• 24th Aug 2015

Amazing place and staff, I defenetly recommend it

• 21st Aug 2015

Amazing location - entertainment district, great dorm with comfy bed, privacy curtain, and ensuite with awesome shower. The only drawback was lack of locker (but you did get your own large shelf and plenty of space). Kitchen had good facilities, though due to other guests, you had to ask for your cutlery and bowl etc from behind reception. So if you were an early riser like me you had to wait till staff arrived for breakfast. Had a great time here and would definitely stay again!

No real complaints. It's a basic hostel and delivered what you want. Keep in mind that they do not post prices inclusive of taxes so add 13% to your total. Right by Chinatown, Skydome, CN Tower, etc.

We were looking forward to our stay here after being impressed by the website however I do not feel that the website depicts a fair representation of this hostel. While rooms were nice and clean with privacy curtains a great addition, we were disappointed to be sharing a room with mostly 'long-term' residents who had their belongings stacked/hung up around the room and one kept her lamp on till 3 &4am!! This accommodation does not have the typical hostel vibe and the kitchen is not well equipped

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Wish they had soap. Wish they had fixed the shower. Waste of water and loud at night.

Thank you for you suggestions about our hostel. But, we along most hostels do not supply our guests with their toiletries. To add, our shower work perfectly!! If you feel that something is not working to your liking, please inform pour helpful staff. We are happy to try and assist!

If you are looking for something central to Toronto, this is the place to go. A few steps from the aquarium and CN tour, just besides a lovely french café ( their breakfast is to DIE FOR) and you get a 10% discount when you tell them you stayed at the hostel. Beds a re comfortable and the overall ambiance was ok, a lot of people seem to be spending a lot of time there so be ready for that. The staff is super friendly and very helpful ! Overall, great value for the money :)

My stay was very nice. I was especially happy about the cleanliness and the privacy curtains. The location is very convinient to explore the city.

• 20th Jul 2015

Definitely great !!!!

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

I arrived at 2 pm thats the checkin time, but nobody was there. I waited for 30 min and a staff came and checked me in. When checking out, nobody was there too. I waited for 15 min m. Another staff came this time and asked my name. I was waiting for some words to let me know it's all good so that I can leave, but what I heard was "What else can I help you?" with an unfriendly face... The room was ok but there is no locker in the room. It was outside the main building.

This guest actually arrived well before 2 pm. But their were several guests before him so he had to wait just over 45 minutes when check in was open. This is not uncommon in any hostel or hotel around the world as everyone wants to receive their room as soon as possible. But like any hotel or hostel.....it is first come first serve! As far as check out, in no way was this guest ever treated rudely at any time during his stay!!

The matress I was assigned was quite stained.

This hostel is average but has the potential to be amazing. It doesn't know what type of hostel it wants to be, a quiet one vs a more lively one. Because of this, there are people staying in the dorm rooms that have been there for months and believe it to be their room mixed with people passing through for a couple days. Conflict is garanteed. They have a rooftop deck that over looks the city but they enforce strict quiet hours at 11pm. Pros is that parking is only 10 bucks/night

• 17th Jul 2015

Lovely hostel. Great beds and facilities. The french cafe next door was a definite plus. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

All descriptions and pictures regarding the 6 bed dorm suites are misleading. Pictures and descriptions showed a clean warm environment with privacy curtains. In reality it was a room (room 13) with dirty floors, sketchy bunk beds, mattresses that look like they came from an episode of Law and Order and no privacy curtains. After one night in that room I upgraded to a private suite without looking at the price as price was not an issue when it came to getting the hell out of that room ASAP

• 11th Jul 2015

My first stay in a hostel. Had a great experience. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Great value for money :) will be returning here next time I am in Toronto!

• 7th Jul 2015

Had a private room that had an impeccable bathroom/shower.

Very lovely and helping staff. We had a short stay but it was really nice! Air conditing was even plug on the day of the visit in the dorms so it was not stuffy ^^ great location downtoad close to so many shop and restaurants!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Was VERY discouraged to see stains on the bed I was assigned. Perhaps if the stain cant be cleaned, either the mattress should be replaced or a mattress pad cover the entire mattress. (the mattress cant be "flipped" since it is a pillow top mattress.) Perhaps "reading lights" should be permanently attached to the wall, so they don't go missing. Pleased that parking is available. A brief tour of hostel (pointing out additional washrooms, kitchen rules/regulations etc) would be appreciated.

• 1st Jul 2015

There was mentioned a BBQ on the balcony, unfortunately it wasn't so....nos screen protection on the room window, we had to sleep with the window closed because of a racoon on the balcony. We wanted to bring our own food to the kitchen but the refrigerators were all full so we went to restaurants instead.

• 29th Jun 2015

The BBQ is for the guests use. We have 4 buildings and is located on the roof of the main building. Come see us for use! Being the summer, the 3 fridges with 85 guests can get busy! Sorry if for that inconvenience!

The people were super nice, It was clean and I am usually very picky about the places I stay and I am about to book there again

• 26th Jun 2015