The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Cosy hostel with good vibe. Living room and rooftop terrace to have some drinks with other guests, but they made sure it was quiet enough after 11pm to get some sleep at night. I liked that every bed had seperate curtains but it would be an improvement if every bed also has a bedside lamp.

• 26th Jun 2015

Arrived to find the place a mess, the staff were rude and bordered insulting, no lockers in the room with a window held up by a plank of wood, not to mention that it smelt of mold. Location wasn't bad but overall I expected more considering it's reviews.

• 22nd Jun 2015

This hotel is a good option if you are looking for something cheap in a good location. The rooms are a bit small and the cleaning is very superficial. I stayed four days and they only sweep the room once (the last day).

I had a great stay here. The staff were super supportive and the location was great for my first visit to Toronto. I wish the rooms had been a bit cleaner, as my dorm mates and I made a game out of killing flys and mosquitos, but the large windows and balcony in the room made that pretty difficult. Overall I would recommend staying here if you have never been to the Toronto.

• 20th Jun 2015

The location was the best thing going for this place. The staff was courteous. The facilities good, but just adequate. A few things would have made the room much better: More hooks on the walls (travellers usually drape their stuff all over chairs, which we didn't have), and wi-fi in the rooms away from the main building. We enjoyed our stay there. Thank you.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The staff are so funny!! And helpful !!!

• 17th Jun 2015

First time visiting Toronto for the Nike Women 15k, GREAT locations within walking distance to the train. Staff was very friendly, will visit again!!

It's a great experience. The location is the best, very easy to go to any Toronto's attraction. The staff is always in the right mood an they are very polite.

• 12th Jun 2015

What can I say, this place is awesome. The staff are great, the facilities are super and the location is perfect! I think it definitely helped that the hostel was full of awesome, friendly people and wish I could have stayed longer. If you are ever planning on going to Toronto, you HAVE to stay here. Big Dan.

Good location.

Two night stay, excellent location downtown Toronto. Room was small but efficient with decent bathroom. Staff friendly. Parking available at a good price as well. I would stay here again.

• 26th May 2015

We were visiting our daughter in Toronto who was there for six months. Toronto is a fabulous city and she was able to show us around the various districts which we explored mainly on foot. The Clarence Park is in an ideal location to see the city when you are on a budget. We were older than the normal hostel crowd but we had our own large en-suite room which was fine. They emptied the bin everyday.. Wifi was good and the shared facilities appeared adequate although we didn't partake.

• 25th May 2015

Wifi was unstable and very slow especially in the room (upstairs). Only 2 persons connect and it's stuck, made me irritated! Room was not clean. A lot of rubbish under the bed. It seems that it's not mopped quite a long time! They don't change bathroom floor mat everyday, yet they ask us to hang it every time after shower which means we have to touch thousands of bacteria just after shower! Staff was away when I needed and I had to wait at reception until I don't know when they're return.

Floor was dirty, we found roaches on the last day which was pretty gross. Dorms are small but the rooftop patio and bbq was great. The front desk guy was super helpful. Paying was difficult as they didn't take credit cards. Website stated all beds had reading lights and privacy curtains this was not the case and pictures on the website are very misleading.

Nice house, very clean. You can "close" your bed with a curtain (very useful for early sleepers) and the facilities are great. The host is sympathic.

Best staff ever! Awesome room in a great location. The only downside: Our room was right next to the building entry and the walls are very thin, meaning that we heard everyone coming in and going out during the whole night.

• 15th May 2015

great friendly staff, superb location and very affordable.

• 12th May 2015

A comfortable hotel. Nice staff. I have left my cell phone in room 402. Did anyone find it? If so please send it on. You have my address I will refund postage. Thanks. Brenda Batts

• 8th May 2015

I had a great time at Clarence park hostel. It is ideally.located in the center of Toronto, walking distance room everything. The staff is very nice and there is a great and friendly atmosphere here that you don't find anywhere else.

• 8th May 2015

Nice spot, fantastic for Bluejays road trips!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3