The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Wish they had soap. Wish they had fixed the shower. Waste of water and loud at night.

Thank you for you suggestions about our hostel. But, we along most hostels do not supply our guests with their toiletries. To add, our shower work perfectly!! If you feel that something is not working to your liking, please inform pour helpful staff. We are happy to try and assist!

My stay was very nice. I was especially happy about the cleanliness and the privacy curtains. The location is very convinient to explore the city.

• 20th Jul 2015

Definitely great !!!!

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

I arrived at 2 pm thats the checkin time, but nobody was there. I waited for 30 min and a staff came and checked me in. When checking out, nobody was there too. I waited for 15 min m. Another staff came this time and asked my name. I was waiting for some words to let me know it's all good so that I can leave, but what I heard was "What else can I help you?" with an unfriendly face... The room was ok but there is no locker in the room. It was outside the main building.

This guest actually arrived well before 2 pm. But their were several guests before him so he had to wait just over 45 minutes when check in was open. This is not uncommon in any hostel or hotel around the world as everyone wants to receive their room as soon as possible. But like any hotel or hostel.....it is first come first serve! As far as check out, in no way was this guest ever treated rudely at any time during his stay!!

The matress I was assigned was quite stained.

This hostel is average but has the potential to be amazing. It doesn't know what type of hostel it wants to be, a quiet one vs a more lively one. Because of this, there are people staying in the dorm rooms that have been there for months and believe it to be their room mixed with people passing through for a couple days. Conflict is garanteed. They have a rooftop deck that over looks the city but they enforce strict quiet hours at 11pm. Pros is that parking is only 10 bucks/night

• 17th Jul 2015

Lovely hostel. Great beds and facilities. The french cafe next door was a definite plus. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

All descriptions and pictures regarding the 6 bed dorm suites are misleading. Pictures and descriptions showed a clean warm environment with privacy curtains. In reality it was a room (room 13) with dirty floors, sketchy bunk beds, mattresses that look like they came from an episode of Law and Order and no privacy curtains. After one night in that room I upgraded to a private suite without looking at the price as price was not an issue when it came to getting the hell out of that room ASAP

• 11th Jul 2015

My first stay in a hostel. Had a great experience. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Great value for money :) will be returning here next time I am in Toronto!

• 7th Jul 2015

Had a private room that had an impeccable bathroom/shower.

Very lovely and helping staff. We had a short stay but it was really nice! Air conditing was even plug on the day of the visit in the dorms so it was not stuffy ^^ great location downtoad close to so many shop and restaurants!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Was VERY discouraged to see stains on the bed I was assigned. Perhaps if the stain cant be cleaned, either the mattress should be replaced or a mattress pad cover the entire mattress. (the mattress cant be "flipped" since it is a pillow top mattress.) Perhaps "reading lights" should be permanently attached to the wall, so they don't go missing. Pleased that parking is available. A brief tour of hostel (pointing out additional washrooms, kitchen rules/regulations etc) would be appreciated.

• 1st Jul 2015

There was mentioned a BBQ on the balcony, unfortunately it wasn't so....nos screen protection on the room window, we had to sleep with the window closed because of a racoon on the balcony. We wanted to bring our own food to the kitchen but the refrigerators were all full so we went to restaurants instead.

• 29th Jun 2015

The BBQ is for the guests use. We have 4 buildings and is located on the roof of the main building. Come see us for use! Being the summer, the 3 fridges with 85 guests can get busy! Sorry if for that inconvenience!

The people were super nice, It was clean and I am usually very picky about the places I stay and I am about to book there again

• 26th Jun 2015

Cosy hostel with good vibe. Living room and rooftop terrace to have some drinks with other guests, but they made sure it was quiet enough after 11pm to get some sleep at night. I liked that every bed had seperate curtains but it would be an improvement if every bed also has a bedside lamp.

• 26th Jun 2015

Arrived to find the place a mess, the staff were rude and bordered insulting, no lockers in the room with a window held up by a plank of wood, not to mention that it smelt of mold. Location wasn't bad but overall I expected more considering it's reviews.

• 22nd Jun 2015

We feel bed this guests stay was not anything but pleasant. Our staff are always considerate and understanding to our guests needs! To add, we are struggling to understand what room they are describing. The room this guest received does not have mold in it nor is the window being held up by a plank of wood!

This hotel is a good option if you are looking for something cheap in a good location. The rooms are a bit small and the cleaning is very superficial. I stayed four days and they only sweep the room once (the last day).

I had a great stay here. The staff were super supportive and the location was great for my first visit to Toronto. I wish the rooms had been a bit cleaner, as my dorm mates and I made a game out of killing flys and mosquitos, but the large windows and balcony in the room made that pretty difficult. Overall I would recommend staying here if you have never been to the Toronto.

The location was the best thing going for this place. The staff was courteous. The facilities good, but just adequate. A few things would have made the room much better: More hooks on the walls (travellers usually drape their stuff all over chairs, which we didn't have), and wi-fi in the rooms away from the main building. We enjoyed our stay there. Thank you.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The staff are so funny!! And helpful !!!

• 17th Jun 2015