The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Second stay and I will always always come back super friendly people, comfy room, amazing location. Its my go to place for a weekend in Toronto

• 29th Jan 2016

Overall this was a great stay and I'd stay again. My only complaint is that, while it's clearly labelled on the hostel's website, nowhere on hostelworld does it say that I needed to notify staff that we'd be arriving late ahead of time, or that we had to reserve a parking spot in advance. While it all worked out when we got there, getting an email 30 minutes before they close doesn't help when I'm driving. A different system might work better for when someone is going to be arriving late.

This hostel has a laid back feel to it. A great place to stay ;)

• 3rd Jan 2016

A good hostel! I do recommend it.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was incredibly welcoming. My friend and I were doing a lot of exploring, and it was great to have a well located hostel with friendly people to stay at.

• 29th Dec 2015

Excellent ,very good very nice very clean love the staffs that work there, they were very helpful they are always helpful and nice i will always stay there

Great staff and lovely atmosphere. Do yourself a favour and save a ton of $$$ by getting a single room here instead of a hotel. Way better experience! Was in town for a conference and worked for me just fine.I will definitely stay here again.

• 13th Dec 2015

fix the chain on the door of bldg 9 room 16. install additional locks on the emergency door.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Philippines

Really nice hostel, beds are super comfy and each have privacy curtains. Dorms are spacious too. A lovely common area with comfy couches and a big tv. Good kitchen facilities, and all really clean.

Excellent location. Very nice atmosphere, the staff was very friendly and the place was clean and nice. I absolutely recommend it!!

This place is fantastic. For a couple of young guys wanting to explore a new city and meet some new people, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

• 6th Nov 2015

Great people, nice place, quiet and lovely rooms. We stayed in a double room and it was clean and friendly. Could leave our luggage in a closed room as long as we wanted and as it was raining incredibly at our arrival we were brought to the other building under an umbrella - thanks for that ;-) Hostel is supercentral to bars, restaurants, theaters and sights... shopping areas are close as well - really to recommend!!!

Excellent location, not very robust wi fi

The private rooms pictured on The Clarence Park website aren't the standard private rooms, but are the deluxe rooms. The standard private rooms are okay, but very dated. Would have been good to know this when I booked, so I could have made an informed decision about whether to book a standard or deluxe private room!

Perfectly located in Toronto for CN Tower and other great sites. It is also next door to an excellent French cafe, Cafe Neuf, for a real French Canadian breakfast croissant and more! Staff are friendly and accommodating and I recommend anyone stay there unless you are into breaking washing machines. They are a bit over that!

• 18th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

I love staying at the Clarence but it can use a good cleaning. It has gone down hill since my last stay. The main areas need some real scrubbing. The kitchen floor and bathroom walls are in need of cleaning badly.

• 14th Oct 2015

Mat was not clean.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Japan

Very noisy in front of the hostel during night time. The roommate who was taking care of the bathroom was very harsh and bossy. hostel itself was tidied up but the floor could have been wiped.

• 8th Oct 2015

Fantastic hostel, great location and the stuff was super friendly. Right around the corner of the Blue Jays stadium downtown so everything is walking distance from there. Definitely recommend!

• 7th Oct 2015

Our room had no window, only a door (fire exit) which – for obvious reasons – we could not open. The air conditioning of the bathroom of our neighbors was very loud and made the whole room vibrate. The pictures of the double room shown on the hostels website did not at all resemble the room we had. These photos might have led to our exaggerated expectations.

• 7th Oct 2015

So their is no misleading information, we have 4 different levels of private room. This guest booked our least expensive private room. The photos we display, as other properties do, are of our most expensive rooms that display our hostel the best. When we do a quality control with our guests, and they say everything is fine, then a review like this is posted.....their is not a lot we can do to better satisfy when you are here. Let us know if their is anything we can do to improve your stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3