The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Only stayed for two nites,Jeff at recp.was very welcoming

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very good hostel and location. But it doesn't has breakfast, so is a bit expensive.

The hostel is in a great location, with the CN Tower and Rogers Centre just minutes away. Chinatown was just a short walk, and lots of good bars are easily accessible. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm which was cleaned daily, and the communal areas were always clean and tidy. There were lockers available (not in room, which required own padlock!). The guy on reception was very helpful and informative. Overall an ideal hostel to explore Toronto, reasonably priced and good fun.

• 6th Sep 2014

The man who is in charge of the kitchen is such a PAIN !!! He is always complaining. He must understand that The Clarence Park is a hostel not his house !!! Besides that the hostel is great.

No lockers in room but they are available downstairs which is a little annoying. There was a problem with the air con in the room but after mentioning it to the staff the next day they fixed quickly which was good.

It may seem a little annoying not to have lockers in the dorm room.....but the pluses soooooo out way the minuses not having them their! We have them in the hallway away from some one trying to get a good night sleep! It was the biggest complaint we received when we opened 10 years ago and we fixed the problem immediately. Hope to see you soon!

parking was a pain due to event in the park across the street, other than that a great stay.

• 29th Aug 2014

Both the dorm and private room were nice. I liked the fact that the dorm beds have individual curtains to draw around the bed. Nice atmosphere, definitely one of the better hostels I have stayed at.

The staff was friendly, very helpful and in excellent moods.

• 28th Aug 2014

It was great!! really! nice people, nice place! you're downtown all right and the staff is super helpful! our bedroom was nice and the place was quiet which is nice! the kitchen is a good help for any very low budget travelers!

• 25th Aug 2014

Very good hostel with young people and a very cool staff

• 21st Aug 2014

Rooftop patio needs some sprucing up. Deck boards broken. I get the impression that it is not used much, but could be a nice space. The air conditioner was really noisy, maybe a window insert would be better?

• 20th Aug 2014

The location is excellent, walking distance to most important sights. The facilities are good. Nice kitchen, which is a bit messy sometimes. The only thing we missed in the room were the lockers, apart from that, very nice.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

I stayed at the hostel on my own for a couple of nights. The hostel itself was great with great facilities and felt safe and clean. You could happily leave all your belongings in your room in the open and know you'd come back after a full day out and they'd be there still. The atmosphere if the hostel did feel quiet though. People mainly kept to themselves

The hostel was huge and super clean the staff was awesome on recommending good bars and activities to do. If you're looking for a party hostel this may not be the one. Most of the people were staying long term. But overall great experience

Excellent location. Big room and TV, full of places do hang clothes. Good bathroom. The only issue was the delay in check me in, because the person before left the room late... They should be more rigorous with the guests when others are waiting...

We started our 3 weeks Canadian trip in Toronto and stayed at the Clarence Park. It was a very warm welcome we recieved and Danny the host is just an amazing guy! We had a private room with a private bathroom and it was very clean and comfortable, we definately recommend this place and will probably come back here!

• 10th Aug 2014

I had a great stay at The Clarence Park. It was a 5-minute walk from the waterfront, CN Tower, Chinatown, and Kensington Market, etc. There were restaurants and grocery stores nearby, and the little park was a nice place to sit, read, and people-watch. The staff was friendly and helpful, and for as many people as I saw coming and going, it was kept remarkably clean. It was a nice place for a short-term stay, and I saw a number of people there for a longer stay, often searching for work.

First and foremost, this is a hostel and not a hotel. LOL! The value for the money spent was there. Damian at the front desk was awesome. He even carried my bag up to the 3rd floor! This was my first time staying at a hostel. I needed a place to shower and sleep and that is just what I got. Nothing fancy but just what I needed. It is a 5 minute walk to the MTCC where I was working for 3 days. I had a very positive experience there. Thank you. :)

• 8th Aug 2014

wired smell in the kitchen

Sorry for what you are classifying as a weird smell. As we have nationalities from around the world, and being a traveler yourself, we should learn to be a little more tolerant towards other peoples delicacies. We hope something like this does not deter other would be guests from staying in our or a hostel. It is just one more reason that makes hosteling great!!

Nice friendly welcoming staff. Great location. Stayed in private room at top of building. Had fantastic bathroom/shower, although slightly awkward locking the door each time it was not in use. Comfortable bed and clean room, although the decor was cold and looked unfinished. Also hole in wall letting in cold air. Fine for summer as made room very cool, but I imagine freezing during winter. Also damaged blind we were advised not to open.

The hole in the wall as it is being referred to is the air conditioning vent. And it is controlled by the guest. If it is to strong......just close the vent or open slightly to suite your need. At The Clarence Park you control the temperature in your own room. It is not imposed on you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5