The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

The location is excellent. Walking distance to everywhere! Very clean, staff are so friendly. Would highly recommend this Hostel!

• 16th Apr 2014

What a start to our round the world trip!... Our private double room was more like a hostel... Freshly painted, new matress, funky decor in the room- not to mention the iPod Dock and flat screen tv! Bathroom, spotless and fully stocked with lots of fluffy towels! Anytime we used the kitchen to cook staff were always seen cleaning and recleaning everything- a little OCD maybe but I loved it! New fridges and a very funky filtered hot/iced water machine. Overall very very impressed!!

• 16th Apr 2014

Lovely room, fantastic location. Staff was a treat to deal with. Only complaint is the lack of curtains on the large picture window in the bathroom. Lovely view of the park, but the park also had a lovely view of my bathroom. Other than that minor quibble, highly recommended.

• 11th Apr 2014

For the price, it's the best place, with the best location in Downtown Toronto. I recommend private rooms. There is many young people, so don't plan for quite weekends. I did not mind.

• 10th Apr 2014

Excellent location, 5 min walk from CN Tower / Aquarium / Rogers Centre and 10 mins from Air Canada Centre

Overall I liked the Clarence Park Hostel. There weren't Ny storage lockers in the dorms which I felt was poor. There were some small lockers in the common area but you wouldn't fit much into them. If I was back in Toronto I would consider staying here again.

Ah, the travel hoarder comment! Our favorite!! lockers in the rooms are one of the biggest complaints a hostel receives! They make too much noise when guests are trying to sleep. That is why we have them were they make a lot more sense.......in the hall way! For a guests bigger items, we have free luggage storage! That is were a guest can store multiple bags that they do not need items from frequently. It helps keep the clutter out of a dorm room that is a big problem in most other hostel.

The hostel was at the perfect location in downtown, and I could easily travel to any part of toronto with short amount of time. The curtain for each bed in bunk beds gave me extra privacy, which I very much enjoyed. The reading light provided for each bed was amazing to have, and the electronic plugs were plus as well. It was disappointing that there was only one shower for each room, but it was manageable.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

really nice people, clean, central and a relaxing atmosphere

• 28th Mar 2014

Great place to stay since its in downtown & all places are easily reachable. WiFi didn't work in the dorm and had to use common room for internet access. Good kitchen facilities. Good place for staying for more days.

It was great! The only bad thing was the TVs in the kitchen. Usually the kitchen/dining area is a great spot to meet people, but I felt that the TV turned up loudly discouraged some of this friendly chit chat.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Loved staying here. We watched a movie and ate pizza and were given blankets to lay over us whilst we chilled on the sofa. Nothing is too much hassle for the staff here. :D

We would definitely stay here again! We enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff was extremely friendly. It made for a nice and comfortable stay. It was in a nice location as well.

• 13th Mar 2014

Great staff, great location, great atmosphere. I would definetly recommand this hostel if you pass by Toronto. The only small problem would be that there was no locker in my room.

Good location! The staff is great and the place is very clean.

One of the best hostels experiences I have ever had (and I've stayed in a lot) Great friendly and welcoming staff made this a pleasant stay, oh and filtered hot and cold water on demand.

I really enjoyed my stay. I went to Toronto for a conference. Accommodations were extremely clean, comfortable, and quiet. Staff and other guests are very friendly. The owner adds a personal touch, making guests feel like important friends. This is the second time I've stayed here and I will definitely recommend it. The cafe attached is also delightful.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Great start into my time in Toronto. The staff as well as the guest were just great!

The staff are very nice and the location is extremely good! Close to CN tower and also 5min street car to the subway station. Perfect!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

The stay was amazing. I get to know alot of new friends. If you want to have a great time in toronto you should go to the clarence park. The Location is perfect. You can walk to all the attractions you want to see.

• 12th Feb 2014

Clarence park....great sleep and even greater entertainment by staff. Tim, I hope you will make it to the U.S. of A., Irish guy thanks for not talking too much when I was hungover and thanks for the martini Jeff! Also the cafe next door definitely transformed the grey toronto morning into a pleasant Parisienne dejeuner time... Au Revoir, Pauline