The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

I stayed here with my boyfriend and they were very welcoming. I wouldn't stay here as a single because there's not much going on and there were many other people staying there, and those that did were most of the time on their computers but once we saw they went out together.... but then again we weren't around much. Great place for couples. Nice bed, cleaned every day, good size washroom ans shower and always felt at home. Overall great experience

one of the best hostel I have stayed so far

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • China

Very good hostel but the wireless does not always work, that needs to be improved.

Cleaner sheets and staff with a bit more tact would've been appreciated.

• 14th Nov 2014

Our sheets are delivered by a laundry service for the last 10 years spotlessly!! It is a service we that we have been proud to have and we will put it up against any other hostel in the city that still does their own sheets by travelers who have a cleaning for stay arrangement! Hope to see you soon!

Loved our stay here! I will definitely stay again when I return to Toronto again. Thanks!!

• 11th Nov 2014

The security was good, there is a code for the front door (but unlocked during the day) and a key for your own dorm and there were no shady characters lurking about, but there were no lockers in my room, meaning you had to trust your roomates with the stuff you leave behind (I usually had most of my stuff packed up again padlocked my bag to the bed, but I'm an untrusting sort). The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was great. The atmosphere was a quiet and no hostel activities.

In my travels around the world, this is still my favourite hostel. The common rooms are located downstairs, while the rooms are located upstairs, making it a perfect solution to have late night noise and early sleepers and let both parties feel accommodated. The dorms were my absolute favourite. They have privacy curtains up for each of the beds, then equip each of the beds with a reading light and an outlet - GENIUS! I have never seen it in another hostel but I wish every place had it!!!

Bed curtains was good.

I found that the kitchen was often a mess until someone cleaned it up. Most other experiences I have encountered at hostels, people cleaned up after quickly to make way for the next.

• 30th Oct 2014

The Clarence Park is first class in every respect, i.e. location, décor, kitchen facilities, quality beds etc. Moreover, the Management look after their guests outstanding well resulting in many travellers opting to stay several months! I thoroughly recommend The Clarence Park.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent location! The kitchen was a social center with people cooking and talking. I felt "at home" even though I was an older guest. The staff was helpful. I wish I had a real chair for the desk in my room; this would have made my work more comfortable. The room was serviced daily--it could be optional. Cleaning the blinds and behind the beds would help cleanliness. Internet access on upper floors is NECESSARY.

• 29th Oct 2014

The place fulfilled its services well: good for resting, clean, and friendly. The staff were always available and fellow travelers were an unexpected bonus. I would recommend it..

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Very great location not a party hostel nice layout I like the mellow atmosphere I didn't like waiting until 2 to check in ever though the room was ready earlier but they did lock my stuff up and I did some yoga and watched tv while I waited I give it very high ratings and will come back soon when I get back from Bali

Great staff, perfect location and extremely clean! Curtains around beds are a huge plus! The only negative point would be the wifi that does not work in the rooms.

I loved my stay here, the people were great and it was close to everywhere you would need to go.

• 17th Oct 2014

Well equipped kitchen, but really dirty due to people not cleaning up after themselves. Hostel was opened last year so it is all modern, but already lived down by the guests. Bins in our room weren't emptied as we arrived. Room had no proper window, only emergency door with no glass you could see through. No go: a huge bug-like creature crawling around the room. Very nice staff on welcome though, helped carrying our luggage. WiFi didn't work properly in the room.

• 7th Oct 2014

Couldn't ask for better. Great location, good value for money, the friendliest of staff, great facilities, warm comfortable rooms, heaps of communal space, great kitchen. Short interesting walk to china town and kensington markets. Right in the heart of the city. Best place to stay.

• 1st Oct 2014