The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Nice spot, fantastic for Bluejays road trips!!

• 8th May 2015

Very good location with a park in the front which is precious in downtown.

• 7th May 2015

Danny is the hostess with the mostess

• 5th May 2015

Great staff! All the equipment was top notch!

• 2nd May 2015

Great location worked well for our group

• 1st May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Kind of a frat house vibe, but good location, nice staff and lots of interesting people hanging around-- overall, a really great place to stay.

Hostel manager was amazing and supportive ! He's really funny guy and respectful :) It was our first time at the hostel and he made it so easy and convenience :)

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

It is very good place to stay. Rooms, kitchen, bathrooms and restrooms are very clean. It's silent at nighttime. Friendly people at reception.

I paid $85 a night, which I could have gotten a hotel for, and my room barely had a window. It was comfortable and fine, but for that money it was a little steep. I was woken up at 6am every day by the garbage truck out the back. Otherwise it was fine, just expensive. Location is perfect, especially because I was by myself and the other hostels were in areas that were a little sketchy.

• 20th Apr 2015

We feel bad that this guest was woken by street noise.( garbage truck ). In 11 years this is the first time we have ever had this complaint! This is something that our hostel would have no control over. We hope to see you soon!

Very nice hostel in a superb location. Can walk to everywhere in downtown Toronto or hop on a streetcar or bus nearby. Place is nice and clean, has a large kitchen en lounge area. Dorm beds have separate curtains around them so that other people don't wake you when they switch on the light, this works really well!!! Ensuite bathrooms which are also very convenient. All in all, great place to stay!

• 16th Apr 2015

It was alright

Loved the new larger dorm with the curtains, lamp and power for each bed and very nice bathroom :D

• 28th Mar 2015

Enjoyed my stay. Easy in, easy out. Kitchen for cooking, friendly staff and clients. Great location. Good value.

• 24th Mar 2015

The hotel is well situated, and the coffee shop just beside (Le Neuf Café) is lovely. But, I didn't feel safe in my room : there was no window (!) but an emergency exit door leading directly outside, which seemed pretty easy to beark in. The room wasn't really clean (the floor and the bath), like the kitchen (smelly trash, dirty table).

Please do not take this review to heart. Our hostel, like the city of Toronto, is "REMARKABLY" safe!!!!!! The security door with fire proof class for natural light in the room is above and beyond the minimum code!! And like every hostel globally, we do not have any control over the food waste that our valued guests dispose of through out the day. Hope to see you soon!!

I first choose The Clarence Park for its location. It's situated in the heart of Toronto, downtown, so close to the CN Tower, the Roger's Centre and the lake. But the best thing about this hotel is its owners, Danny and Jeff. They are such friendly,nice young guys, constantly willing to help us all. The hotel has all kind of facilities, two spacious living rooms and a big kitchen. It's very clean (especially the bathrooms) and very safe, as it provides you with safety boxes. It's also very warm

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Greece

The hostel was really nice for the purposes and the population it serves. The staff was very friendly, hospitable and nice, willing to answer any question and give advice. Many residents live there for weeks, some months, so it felt like a big community. The rooms were clean and tidy, the other 6 people in the room were respectful and quiet. I had no issues with the bathroom, as everybody was on their own different schedules. Even though I knew nobody the staff really helped me feel comfortable.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Russia

They took care of us nicely. Had another strange person staying in the hostel and they took care of it immediately and professionally.

• 16th Mar 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. The cafe next door was excellent and very convenient! Can't wait to come back in the summer for another vacation. Thanks for making my trip fun and stress-free!

Staff is so friendly and energetic! The only suggestion I would add would be to install a box for the key return outside main building (we did not have the code to enter and it was quite early when we left). Both of us managed to connect with the WiFi, but it was so slow for my laptop! The location could not have been better (proximity to downtown and city transport).

• 12th Mar 2015