The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

We booked in for two nights but a member of staff was so rude and extremely suspect we booked out the next day. the member of staff (cleaning guy) barged into our room , i was undressed, with the excuse of changing our plastic bag for the bin. He then got grumpy an told us off because we had opened the window to let some air in the room, he also left his own shoes outside our room door so we had to step over them, and he continually paced up and down the corridor. He so creepy, not nice!!

• 8th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

It is very unfortunate this guest had a bad experience at our hostel. But when a review is posted as negative as this we have to investigate. The member of the cleaning staff entered the room an hour after check out and the guests were to have already vacated the room! They had not and did not request a late check out time! They were very abusive to our staff member and were not even willing to listen to the reason why he was entering to private room which he has every right to enter.

I stayed in a private room at The Clarence Park for three days in June, and it was great! The room was small, but it was very clean and was definitely all/more than what I needed. The staff was super friendly and I felt very safe there. I will definitely be staying there again! And the cafe next door is a total bonus. Delicious fresh croissants among many other things!

• 5th Jun 2014

I could tell you put some care and thought into the hostel. The single room with ensuite bathroom was fantastic! I have already recommended it to friends.

• 4th Jun 2014

Pretty good place to stay. Great location however no lockers in rooms. Beds are comfy and great staff and facilities.

Thank you for the positive review. But to say no lockers in rooms implies that we do not have lockers. We do and they are free and in the hallway. We found that the lockers in the room were a big reason for disturbing a guest while they were trying to sleep.

Location of the hostel is really good in Toronto. Especially for going out. Staff were nice and helpful. It has all the facilities you need but safety lockers are not located in the dorms. BUT IMPORTANT! I had bed bugs in my bed and got bitten. You could see them crawl in the bed.

Thank you for the comment about the issue you had about bed bugs in one of our rooms. This issue had long been resolved over two weeks ago! It would have been so much more helpful if it was brought to our attention by this guest two weeks ago when they completed their stay and not last night when they posted this review. At the Clarence Park, we do not breed bed bugs and release them into our rooms. They are brought in by unsuspected guests. It is not their fault that this happens!

Loved this hostel. Everyone was so friedly and helpful. Perfect location..only a short walk to pretty much most places. Great hostel!

I stayed for 4 nights. I started out in a mixed dorm but later moved to a female dorm. The mixed dorm was horrendous , the smell of 5 day dead fish would have been far more welcome than the stench of the mixed dorm. I couldn't believe I had actually paid for that room; basically ladies avoid mixed dorms at all cost, you are better off going somewhere else. The female dorms was a delight with AC and cleanliness up to scratch. Staff were friendly, a bit too cocky at times but hey ho...

• 25th May 2014

So sorry you had a bad experience in one of our dorm rooms related to Oder. But it is not a room that carries an Oder. People carry the Oder. And when you brought this issue up with us, we can to the room to inspect the smell and it in no way smelled like " dead fish " like this guest claims. To add, this guest did not spend the night in this room! They were moved to accommodate their complaint.

great hostel, very nice atmosphere

I slept in a 6 mixed room Although I didn´t spend too much time inside the hostel, I leave with a good impresion This hostel is quite new: all the mattreses, kitchen utilities, computers... were in very good condition. I met people that were there for more than 4 weeks. It means that is a very confortable place with the possible incoveniences of shearing a room with other people that moves very often. It is about 5 or 10 minutes walking to the CN tower. In general a good place

• 24th May 2014
  • Spain

I really enjoyed stay there. It was nice.

• 21st May 2014

Great hostel. Staff were nice, facilities were good, very pleasant stay overall.

We had a great time at the Clarence park. It was convenient to all the sites we wanted to see in Toronto. We also loved the patio and grill. Hope to return next time I travel to Toronto.

• 21st May 2014

First time staying at a hostel. Had a great time. Staff was accommodating to booking changes and getting our bags to our room. Always friendly. Rooms weren't sound proof so first night was loud, second was better. Might have just been people less aware of others while on their way in and out. We had a bunk with ensuite bathroom and emerg door we could use to leave. Had a great experience, will definitely go again.

• 16th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Clarence park hostel, the staff were friendly and helpful. I arrived on my own and straight away told about a night out. They don't really plan events but it feels like a family environment and everyone gets involved. We planned our own events and everyone joined in. I'm going back to stay there and lol for work as it was a good hostel for that, not too much of a crazy party and most people are there to Erik which helps

I liked this hostel.There is a very nice environment and friendly staffs.

• 10th May 2014

Staff really lovely folk, hostel close to places of interest and to transport for going further afield.

Amazing atmosphere in this hostel. Everyone was very welcoming and although they do not have planned events, there is always something going on that everyone is welcome to.

By far the best hostels I've stayed at in Canada - maybe even of all time. Very Friendly and helpful staff and a really great community vibe amongst them and the rest of the travellers. Also very clean, and perfectly situated in the middle of the action. HIGHLY RECOMMENDABLE!

• 5th May 2014

The hostel is located really close to the CN tower, a walking distance from all the attractions in the city center. The wifi didn't work in the dorm but there were computers in the common area.

Over all Good Experience :)

• 4th May 2014