The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

We stayed in a deluxe private room & it was excellent. Spacious, clean, small fridge & sitting chair provided in room as well as an ensuite. The only thing missing was a kettle for added luxury but it was easy enough to go next door to the main kitchen. The hostel itself had a large kitchen with everything you may need & large living areas to relax in. The hostel is located within walking distance of all the attractions we want dot see including the CN tower, harburside, kennsington markets.

Great staff, amazing location and at this price, great value. The area is very central but also is offset from the busy roads, nicely across from downtown park. Nice kitchen.

• 30th Apr 2014

The staff was mostly friendly except for one member who was really rude and intrusive to the guests; he even came talking very loud at midnight once, in the dorm... (yes, I was desperately trying to sleep). Though the hostel claims to have laundry facilities, it is said to "not work", (though it works for washing the hostel's bedsheets); plus, it has been out of usage since more than a few months, according to hostelers that have been there for a while. Showers have fluctuating water rate.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thank you for you constructive criticism. Sorry for the laundry being out of order why you were here but as most people can understand, machines do break! We also have 24 hour surveillance cameras in all hallways and we do not see a staff member entering your room anywhere near the time you have been very specific about. So rating us the worst hostel in the city based on this review would seem unwarranted.

Wifi speed is too slow and always disconnect The shower water flow very slow if most of people shower at the same time

The statement in this review are far from accurate! At The Clarence Park the Wifi is not always disconnected. Like any Wifi provider around the world their can be disruptions. And the comment about our water flow may have been added as we had to ask this guest to please be considerate to the other girls in the 8 bed dorm about her 40 minute showers.

Stayed in a lot of hostels and the beds at The Clarence Park were by "FAR" the best I have ever seen! So comfortable!

The location is excellent. Walking distance to everywhere! Very clean, staff are so friendly. Would highly recommend this Hostel!

• 16th Apr 2014

What a start to our round the world trip!... Our private double room was more like a hostel... Freshly painted, new matress, funky decor in the room- not to mention the iPod Dock and flat screen tv! Bathroom, spotless and fully stocked with lots of fluffy towels! Anytime we used the kitchen to cook staff were always seen cleaning and recleaning everything- a little OCD maybe but I loved it! New fridges and a very funky filtered hot/iced water machine. Overall very very impressed!!

• 16th Apr 2014

Lovely room, fantastic location. Staff was a treat to deal with. Only complaint is the lack of curtains on the large picture window in the bathroom. Lovely view of the park, but the park also had a lovely view of my bathroom. Other than that minor quibble, highly recommended.

• 11th Apr 2014

For the price, it's the best place, with the best location in Downtown Toronto. I recommend private rooms. There is many young people, so don't plan for quite weekends. I did not mind.

• 10th Apr 2014

Excellent location, 5 min walk from CN Tower / Aquarium / Rogers Centre and 10 mins from Air Canada Centre

Overall I liked the Clarence Park Hostel. There weren't Ny storage lockers in the dorms which I felt was poor. There were some small lockers in the common area but you wouldn't fit much into them. If I was back in Toronto I would consider staying here again.

Ah, the travel hoarder comment! Our favorite!! lockers in the rooms are one of the biggest complaints a hostel receives! They make too much noise when guests are trying to sleep. That is why we have them were they make a lot more sense.......in the hall way! For a guests bigger items, we have free luggage storage! That is were a guest can store multiple bags that they do not need items from frequently. It helps keep the clutter out of a dorm room that is a big problem in most other hostel.

The hostel was at the perfect location in downtown, and I could easily travel to any part of toronto with short amount of time. The curtain for each bed in bunk beds gave me extra privacy, which I very much enjoyed. The reading light provided for each bed was amazing to have, and the electronic plugs were plus as well. It was disappointing that there was only one shower for each room, but it was manageable.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

really nice people, clean, central and a relaxing atmosphere

• 28th Mar 2014

Great place to stay since its in downtown & all places are easily reachable. WiFi didn't work in the dorm and had to use common room for internet access. Good kitchen facilities. Good place for staying for more days.

It was great! The only bad thing was the TVs in the kitchen. Usually the kitchen/dining area is a great spot to meet people, but I felt that the TV turned up loudly discouraged some of this friendly chit chat.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Great hostel, I liked it very much that I decided to book 2 more nights when I came back to Toronto. Nice and friendly staff, rooms and bathrooms are clean. They do have a very big kitchen with tools so you can cook there. The location is great too, close to downtown, bus and train stations.

Loved staying here. We watched a movie and ate pizza and were given blankets to lay over us whilst we chilled on the sofa. Nothing is too much hassle for the staff here. :D

We would definitely stay here again! We enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff was extremely friendly. It made for a nice and comfortable stay. It was in a nice location as well.

• 13th Mar 2014

Great staff, great location, great atmosphere. I would definetly recommand this hostel if you pass by Toronto. The only small problem would be that there was no locker in my room.

Good location! The staff is great and the place is very clean.