The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

I could tell you put some care and thought into the hostel. The single room with ensuite bathroom was fantastic! I have already recommended it to friends.

• 4th Jun 2014

Pretty good place to stay. Great location however no lockers in rooms. Beds are comfy and great staff and facilities.

Thank you for the positive review. But to say no lockers in rooms implies that we do not have lockers. We do and they are free and in the hallway. We found that the lockers in the room were a big reason for disturbing a guest while they were trying to sleep.

Location of the hostel is really good in Toronto. Especially for going out. Staff were nice and helpful. It has all the facilities you need but safety lockers are not located in the dorms. BUT IMPORTANT! I had bed bugs in my bed and got bitten. You could see them crawl in the bed.

Thank you for the comment about the issue you had about bed bugs in one of our rooms. This issue had long been resolved over two weeks ago! It would have been so much more helpful if it was brought to our attention by this guest two weeks ago when they completed their stay and not last night when they posted this review. At the Clarence Park, we do not breed bed bugs and release them into our rooms. They are brought in by unsuspected guests. It is not their fault that this happens!

Loved this hostel. Everyone was so friedly and helpful. Perfect location..only a short walk to pretty much most places. Great hostel!

I stayed for 4 nights. I started out in a mixed dorm but later moved to a female dorm. The mixed dorm was horrendous , the smell of 5 day dead fish would have been far more welcome than the stench of the mixed dorm. I couldn't believe I had actually paid for that room; basically ladies avoid mixed dorms at all cost, you are better off going somewhere else. The female dorms was a delight with AC and cleanliness up to scratch. Staff were friendly, a bit too cocky at times but hey ho...

• 25th May 2014

So sorry you had a bad experience in one of our dorm rooms related to Oder. But it is not a room that carries an Oder. People carry the Oder. And when you brought this issue up with us, we can to the room to inspect the smell and it in no way smelled like " dead fish " like this guest claims. To add, this guest did not spend the night in this room! They were moved to accommodate their complaint.

great hostel, very nice atmosphere

I slept in a 6 mixed room Although I didn´t spend too much time inside the hostel, I leave with a good impresion This hostel is quite new: all the mattreses, kitchen utilities, computers... were in very good condition. I met people that were there for more than 4 weeks. It means that is a very confortable place with the possible incoveniences of shearing a room with other people that moves very often. It is about 5 or 10 minutes walking to the CN tower. In general a good place

I really enjoyed stay there. It was nice.

• 21st May 2014

Great hostel. Staff were nice, facilities were good, very pleasant stay overall.

We had a great time at the Clarence park. It was convenient to all the sites we wanted to see in Toronto. We also loved the patio and grill. Hope to return next time I travel to Toronto.

• 21st May 2014

First time staying at a hostel. Had a great time. Staff was accommodating to booking changes and getting our bags to our room. Always friendly. Rooms weren't sound proof so first night was loud, second was better. Might have just been people less aware of others while on their way in and out. We had a bunk with ensuite bathroom and emerg door we could use to leave. Had a great experience, will definitely go again.

• 16th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Clarence park hostel, the staff were friendly and helpful. I arrived on my own and straight away told about a night out. They don't really plan events but it feels like a family environment and everyone gets involved. We planned our own events and everyone joined in. I'm going back to stay there and lol for work as it was a good hostel for that, not too much of a crazy party and most people are there to Erik which helps

I liked this hostel.There is a very nice environment and friendly staffs.

• 10th May 2014

Staff really lovely folk, hostel close to places of interest and to transport for going further afield.

Amazing atmosphere in this hostel. Everyone was very welcoming and although they do not have planned events, there is always something going on that everyone is welcome to.

By far the best hostels I've stayed at in Canada - maybe even of all time. Very Friendly and helpful staff and a really great community vibe amongst them and the rest of the travellers. Also very clean, and perfectly situated in the middle of the action. HIGHLY RECOMMENDABLE!

• 5th May 2014

The hostel is located really close to the CN tower, a walking distance from all the attractions in the city center. The wifi didn't work in the dorm but there were computers in the common area.

Over all Good Experience :)

• 4th May 2014
  • Pakistan

Hostel was very nice, from outside it has very good look. We get good room, but cleanliness was not so good. In bathroom were hairs on the floor and another pieces of "something". Not to mention the visit of 2 centipedes, which scary my girlfriend :) But another things were satisfactory.

Thank you for the review about our hostel! We feel very bad that 2 centipedes came to visit you and they were not invited! We will do our very best in the future to have our bug doorman on staff past our 22.00pm office hours in the future. Hope to see you soon!

Very friendly staff, very nice building and perfect location. Unfortunately, this is not enough to make a good hostel! I was sharing a dorm with 7 other girls and we had only one ensuite bathroom. There is no other bathroom in the building, only ensuite ones in each room. The staff allowed me twice to use their own bathroom but they should not have to do that. Plus, the lockers were outside the room, there was no reading lamp, no bedside tables, no enough plugs and no included breakfast.