The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Not exactly what we thought. Small, boring, cold room with a big hole in the wall. Nothing like it looked like in the pictures. And the toilet wasn't attached to the room - which would be okay, if the door didn't make such an awful sound every time it opened. On the plus side: friendly, funny and helpful staff. Amazing location.

At The Clarence Park, you always receive what it is you book! This guest did not book an en suite bathroom. So that is something that would not be provided. We apologize to you for having to read a very misleading review.

I loved The Clarence Park! It was very clean, well decorated, and in an absolute perfect location. From the couple times I interacted with the staff, they were very helpful and kind. The deluxe room felt like home away from home for the short time I was visiting, and was a very good price. Thanks for the lovely stay!

• 10th Jul 2014

Location was perfect, smack in the middle of downtown! Staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful!

• 8th Jul 2014

Great place to stay-can walk to everywhere in Toronto. The staff that work there are really friendly and happy to help with anything. Hostel feels brand new with really nice bathrooms and dorms. Can't fault it!

• 8th Jul 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Clarence Park. I got a private room with an ensuite and was totally satisfied with the space and the layout. It needed a bit of a sweep but the staff were lovely so I could have asked them to do it if I had cared enough about it. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The only slightly bizarre detail was that the supply cupboard was in my room and the cleaning staff came to my room to get what they needed; but they were not earlier than 10am, so it was ok!

• 6th Jul 2014

Liked it. Big mirrors needed though. It was pretty clean. Staff was nice. The location is good from walking to CN Tower

• 4th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel has a great location and the staff is friendly and very willing to help out.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I really liked the hostel. I just wish that there were body mirrors in the rooms and duvet covers on the duvets. The duvets didn't seem to be changed after each client or washed.. A duvet cover would be more practical and hygienic! Despite this the staff were great and the hostel is in a great location!

• 3rd Jul 2014

The guys at the front desk and the owner were awesome! They even helped carry our luggage. THE LOCATION IS PERFECT. Located literally a few blocks from the stadium and right next King and Queen street with tons of things to do. Plus you get a discount at the cute little French restaurant next door.

the best hostel I've ever stayed at Danny was wonderfully helpful and friendly

The Clarence Park is an unbelievably good hostel to stay at for anyone visiting Toronto whether you live outside the country or not. With such a friendly atmosphere, hilarious staff who are very helpful and the kindness of all the guests, it is a great stay for the amount you pay. Located right near the CN Tower, it is a great walk from many cool places to go. Definitely will be staying here anytime I am in Toronto. Thank you Clarence park for an amazing stay

• 28th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We were in town for my nieces wedding and were VERY pleased with the accommodations. Your staff was both friendly and helpful. They were quite funny and actually made space for our daughter in our room which saved a bundle. We would stay again in a heartbeat.

• 25th Jun 2014

Great location, great kitchen, great matresses.

A little disorganised. Was moved 3 times.

We have no reason why this guest filled out this review but we apologize that you have read it. Hostel World policy is if a guest stayed at the hostel the review stands no matter how ridiculous! This guest was a 2 night stay......not really possible to move 3 times now is it! hope to see you soon!

The staff were amazing and incredibly welcoming. They were well informed of the city layout and were more then happy to assit you in figuring out where you needed to go. The facilities were clean and very nice especially for the value of your money.

• 19th Jun 2014

Really good spot, walkable to most of the main sights in the city, and can also arrange a good tour to Niagara falls through the hostel. Split in to different buildings so having to go the main building to get to the tiny lockers is the main downside.

We booked in for two nights but a member of staff was so rude and extremely suspect we booked out the next day. the member of staff (cleaning guy) barged into our room , i was undressed, with the excuse of changing our plastic bag for the bin. He then got grumpy an told us off because we had opened the window to let some air in the room, he also left his own shoes outside our room door so we had to step over them, and he continually paced up and down the corridor. He so creepy, not nice!!

• 8th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

It is very unfortunate this guest had a bad experience at our hostel. But when a review is posted as negative as this we have to investigate. The member of the cleaning staff entered the room an hour after check out and the guests were to have already vacated the room! They had not and did not request a late check out time! They were very abusive to our staff member and were not even willing to listen to the reason why he was entering to private room which he has every right to enter.

I stayed in a private room at The Clarence Park for three days in June, and it was great! The room was small, but it was very clean and was definitely all/more than what I needed. The staff was super friendly and I felt very safe there. I will definitely be staying there again! And the cafe next door is a total bonus. Delicious fresh croissants among many other things!

• 5th Jun 2014

I could tell you put some care and thought into the hostel. The single room with ensuite bathroom was fantastic! I have already recommended it to friends.

• 4th Jun 2014

Pretty good place to stay. Great location however no lockers in rooms. Beds are comfy and great staff and facilities.

Thank you for the positive review. But to say no lockers in rooms implies that we do not have lockers. We do and they are free and in the hallway. We found that the lockers in the room were a big reason for disturbing a guest while they were trying to sleep.