The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

Great stay, almost perfect except one thing- whilst the manager was really friendly, his staff were not. We were in a room that had curtains around each bed for extra privacy (cool), but we were with 3 girls who worked and lived there and they were not only antisocial but actually rude: my friend was in the bunk above one, who told her off for moving too much. Not ok. If we had been with other paying guests the stay would've been great. Just check you're not with staff and it'll be perfect. 9/10

I want to say thank you again to the staff. They are the best crew i ever met so far on my 5 months travelling. Im sure its because they own the place and not just work there. The beds are brilliant for a hostel. Not this cheap stuff you get everywhere. And they also have filtered water and coffee for free. Can really recommend this place

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

A bit dark inside of the room. But it was a good bed, easy to sleep. Friendly and kind staff. Cannot use a credit card. only debit card or cash. thanks for the good stay anyway.

Had a good time here, staff were lovely and helpful, only thing they could improve is having lockers in the room

The staff was a little different than you might expect, almost all of them in their 40s or 50s, trying to be young. We were in a room where some of the staff stayed in aswell, and they were really friendly, but maybe just a little too friendly. My buddy and I actually did rock, paper siccors who had to go into the room and get some stuff, before going out because, you knew they would be all up in your face, and neither of us felt like it. If you're in a normal room, you should be fine though.

• 24th Jul 2014

Clarence Park was a very welcoming hostel. The team were happy to help me plan my time in Toronto. They've also thought a lot of things through to make your stay comfortable. For example the beds in the dorms have a curtain that you can draw for privacy. I would definitely recommend it.

• 24th Jul 2014

I want to thank all the staff working at The Clarence Park, my stay was awsome! Alessandra - Playa del Carmen - Mexico

Our toilet-flush was broken !

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Amazing staff! So friendly and helpful!

• 19th Jul 2014

It was amazing!

• 18th Jul 2014

My roomies were up until 4 am partying each night. Also they were smoking in the room but stopped when I asked them to. No one was cleaning the room so I did. That night I came back to find 20 people in the room with them. I'm exhausted.

• 18th Jul 2014

Confusing review.....We are the only hostel in the city with a quiet time rule! If their were people in the room that were being disruptive, we did not hear it from this guest during their stay. And if a guest smokes in any of our rooms, it will set off an alarm. And no alarm was ever sounded! This is why we are having difficulty with this review.

BEST HOSTEL BEDS EVER!!!! Great hostel, comfy beds, awesome lounge room area, awesome kitchen, great price and fantastic location. Couldn't have found a better hostel!

Not exactly what we thought. Small, boring, cold room with a big hole in the wall. Nothing like it looked like in the pictures. And the toilet wasn't attached to the room - which would be okay, if the door didn't make such an awful sound every time it opened. On the plus side: friendly, funny and helpful staff. Amazing location.

At The Clarence Park, you always receive what it is you book! This guest did not book an en suite bathroom. So that is something that would not be provided. We apologize to you for having to read a very misleading review.

I loved The Clarence Park! It was very clean, well decorated, and in an absolute perfect location. From the couple times I interacted with the staff, they were very helpful and kind. The deluxe room felt like home away from home for the short time I was visiting, and was a very good price. Thanks for the lovely stay!

• 10th Jul 2014

Location was perfect, smack in the middle of downtown! Staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful!

• 8th Jul 2014

Great place to stay-can walk to everywhere in Toronto. The staff that work there are really friendly and happy to help with anything. Hostel feels brand new with really nice bathrooms and dorms. Can't fault it!

• 8th Jul 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Clarence Park. I got a private room with an ensuite and was totally satisfied with the space and the layout. It needed a bit of a sweep but the staff were lovely so I could have asked them to do it if I had cared enough about it. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The only slightly bizarre detail was that the supply cupboard was in my room and the cleaning staff came to my room to get what they needed; but they were not earlier than 10am, so it was ok!

• 6th Jul 2014

Liked it. Big mirrors needed though. It was pretty clean. Staff was nice. The location is good from walking to CN Tower

• 4th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel has a great location and the staff is friendly and very willing to help out.

I really liked the hostel. I just wish that there were body mirrors in the rooms and duvet covers on the duvets. The duvets didn't seem to be changed after each client or washed.. A duvet cover would be more practical and hygienic! Despite this the staff were great and the hostel is in a great location!

• 3rd Jul 2014