The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

great hostel, very nice atmosphere

I slept in a 6 mixed room Although I didn´t spend too much time inside the hostel, I leave with a good impresion This hostel is quite new: all the mattreses, kitchen utilities, computers... were in very good condition. I met people that were there for more than 4 weeks. It means that is a very confortable place with the possible incoveniences of shearing a room with other people that moves very often. It is about 5 or 10 minutes walking to the CN tower. In general a good place

I really enjoyed stay there. It was nice.

• 21st May 2014

Great hostel. Staff were nice, facilities were good, very pleasant stay overall.

We had a great time at the Clarence park. It was convenient to all the sites we wanted to see in Toronto. We also loved the patio and grill. Hope to return next time I travel to Toronto.

• 21st May 2014

First time staying at a hostel. Had a great time. Staff was accommodating to booking changes and getting our bags to our room. Always friendly. Rooms weren't sound proof so first night was loud, second was better. Might have just been people less aware of others while on their way in and out. We had a bunk with ensuite bathroom and emerg door we could use to leave. Had a great experience, will definitely go again.

• 16th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Clarence park hostel, the staff were friendly and helpful. I arrived on my own and straight away told about a night out. They don't really plan events but it feels like a family environment and everyone gets involved. We planned our own events and everyone joined in. I'm going back to stay there and lol for work as it was a good hostel for that, not too much of a crazy party and most people are there to Erik which helps

I liked this hostel.There is a very nice environment and friendly staffs.

• 10th May 2014

Staff really lovely folk, hostel close to places of interest and to transport for going further afield.

Amazing atmosphere in this hostel. Everyone was very welcoming and although they do not have planned events, there is always something going on that everyone is welcome to.

By far the best hostels I've stayed at in Canada - maybe even of all time. Very Friendly and helpful staff and a really great community vibe amongst them and the rest of the travellers. Also very clean, and perfectly situated in the middle of the action. HIGHLY RECOMMENDABLE!

• 5th May 2014

The hostel is located really close to the CN tower, a walking distance from all the attractions in the city center. The wifi didn't work in the dorm but there were computers in the common area.

Over all Good Experience :)

• 4th May 2014
  • Pakistan

Hostel was very nice, from outside it has very good look. We get good room, but cleanliness was not so good. In bathroom were hairs on the floor and another pieces of "something". Not to mention the visit of 2 centipedes, which scary my girlfriend :) But another things were satisfactory.

Thank you for the review about our hostel! We feel very bad that 2 centipedes came to visit you and they were not invited! We will do our very best in the future to have our bug doorman on staff past our 22.00pm office hours in the future. Hope to see you soon!

Very friendly staff, very nice building and perfect location. Unfortunately, this is not enough to make a good hostel! I was sharing a dorm with 7 other girls and we had only one ensuite bathroom. There is no other bathroom in the building, only ensuite ones in each room. The staff allowed me twice to use their own bathroom but they should not have to do that. Plus, the lockers were outside the room, there was no reading lamp, no bedside tables, no enough plugs and no included breakfast.

We stayed in a deluxe private room & it was excellent. Spacious, clean, small fridge & sitting chair provided in room as well as an ensuite. The only thing missing was a kettle for added luxury but it was easy enough to go next door to the main kitchen. The hostel itself had a large kitchen with everything you may need & large living areas to relax in. The hostel is located within walking distance of all the attractions we want dot see including the CN tower, harburside, kennsington markets.

Great staff, amazing location and at this price, great value. The area is very central but also is offset from the busy roads, nicely across from downtown park. Nice kitchen.

• 30th Apr 2014

The staff was mostly friendly except for one member who was really rude and intrusive to the guests; he even came talking very loud at midnight once, in the dorm... (yes, I was desperately trying to sleep). Though the hostel claims to have laundry facilities, it is said to "not work", (though it works for washing the hostel's bedsheets); plus, it has been out of usage since more than a few months, according to hostelers that have been there for a while. Showers have fluctuating water rate.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thank you for you constructive criticism. Sorry for the laundry being out of order why you were here but as most people can understand, machines do break! We also have 24 hour surveillance cameras in all hallways and we do not see a staff member entering your room anywhere near the time you have been very specific about. So rating us the worst hostel in the city based on this review would seem unwarranted.

Wifi speed is too slow and always disconnect The shower water flow very slow if most of people shower at the same time

The statement in this review are far from accurate! At The Clarence Park the Wifi is not always disconnected. Like any Wifi provider around the world their can be disruptions. And the comment about our water flow may have been added as we had to ask this guest to please be considerate to the other girls in the 8 bed dorm about her 40 minute showers.

Stayed in a lot of hostels and the beds at The Clarence Park were by "FAR" the best I have ever seen! So comfortable!