The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

A great place to stay in, all the staffs are friendly and helpful. Location is perfect, close to various landmarks in Toronto.

• 1st Jan 2014

Great Location, Awesome friendly staff, well-equipped kitchen. The female's bathroom facilities/cleanness could be better though.

• 30th Dec 2013

Pretty good hostel with old style and modern furniture and old wooden floorings. Personnel was courteous and apparently concerned about cleanliness and running the business with a sincerely guest-oriented approach. The kitchen was big and quite well supplied. Fridges were capacious enough though, because they were crammed all time and thus not very clean, had almost no room to store my few groceries. Induction heaters, only 4-5 hobs, are not great because of past misuse or torn for frequent use.

I actually stayed at the Hostel from December 23rd, 2013 to January 2nd, 2014. I really had an excelent time there! The staff were so nice to me, and attencious! The location was also very good, I only visited Toronto by walking. The rooms were really clean. The facilities were excelent also, they have a really big kitchen, 2 big living room, with tv and video games, 2 computers to surf in the internet for free and free wifi. I would definitly recommend the hostel to my friends!

• 23rd Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Whatever you're looking for in a good hostel, they have it.

Great hostel, thanks Tim

• 14th Dec 2013

The most awesome thing about my trip in this hostel was definitely the staff who welcomed me, as well as a few travelers who has been there for a couple of days already. All together was a super friendly atmosphere which brings you to bars and pubs after 2h being in the hostel. Then a couple of facilities made us also enjoyed the weekend pretty much: bikes that we could borrow to go around, a TV lounge to finish the night on Snatch...

• 6th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good hostel, good location, helpfull staff. Would definately recommend this hostel :)

The hostel is in excellent location, only a few blocks away from the CN Tower, at the heart of Toronto. The facilities are excellent except the sheets and cover on bed are not so good. I hope there could be some improvement in the future. Also, it could be better if there can be small storages in the rooms to lock a few important personal items.

Was very satisfied staying at the hostel, thanks! The only real problem was that the mattress of the double-bed wasn't very comfortable and my partner woke up with a back ache.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Israel

This is my first staying in hostel, this is amazing for me!! I love the place, wish i got more time to stay.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Hong Kong

Dorm was not cleaned, not even swept the entire time I was there. No hot water in dorm. People staying there seemed to be living there instead of passing though which meant the room and bathroom was filthy with things and rubbish laying around everywhere. Would not recommend hostel not unless at least some cleaning happens on a daily basis even if it is just sweeping the floor in the dorms!

• 28th Oct 2013

I stayed in a private room with private bath and overall the room was more than adequate. The bed was comfy, the room was a good size and clean, the heating system was good and free wifi was a bonus. The location of the hostel is pretty good, close to King street and CN Tower. The staff (especially Tim) were very friendly and went out of their way to assist. Thanks TIm!

• 27th Oct 2013

We stayed in a private room, and it was very nice. Clean, warm, and modern. Very helpful and friendly staff, excellent location for the CN tower, Rogers Centre area. A nice peaceful location despite being just off Spadina Avenue. Would definitely stay here again.

Superb location, excellent staff and very comfortable beds. I'm happy to have chosen this hostel. If there were some lockers in the room I'd have given it a 100% rating. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Sorry Arnoud, but we cannot put lockers in the dorm rooms like suggested. They have to stay in the hallways. They just make to much noise when people are trying to sleep. Thanks for the kind words about our hostel!

Was extremely impressed by the efficiency/accommodation of the staff, specifically Daniel. I arrived an hour after closing, had booked only 3 hours beforehand, and even though my reservation wasn't in their system he honored it. He also wasn't even on the clock, just happened to be there waiting for a friend. I had ridden in 38 degree weather on my motorcycle to get here and was very relieved when providence smiled on me here. Room/facilities were very clean and well-maintained. 10/10 for Park!

• 20th Oct 2013

Our experience at The Clarence Park was a little tricky, the location is excellent, but the cleanliness is very poor, when we entered the room we soon realized that the bathroom was dirty, the garbage still full of the last people who used (it was a private room with bathroom), the bed broke so I sat on it, and was not repaired during the day. We arrived at the hostel at around 8am and there was no one to meet us, only got 9am service.

• 19th Oct 2013

These guests are leaving a misleading review. They arrived early and were very disappointed that they could not check in immediately. As early as they arrived, the room was still occupied. It was not possible to give a room under this situation. As they became continually agitated waiting for their check in, we gave the room to then early so they could shower. But we were clear that the room had not been cleaned by staff. They said that would be fine and it was cleaned after.

I was very disappointed because they do not accept credit card and on my confirmation email the credit card was one of the payment options I had to pay by cash which ruined most of my plans They said its hostelworld fault I am not sure who is responsible but I cannot believe that a place like that is only available if you have cash debit or travel cheks

This review is not accurate. This guests card details were invalid. If this situation happened at any business, you would have to use cash debit or check.

Nice hostel in central Toronto, but it is a bit strange that you don't blankets for the bed so make sure to bring your sleeping bag. No breakfast available.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The guy gives us a lot of information. He did everything for us, for instance to give us keys as quick as possible. We were five and we booked five beds in a six-bed rooms. The room was correct for the price, even if some stuff (food etc) was behind the bed. The bathroom was very clean and nice, but the lock of the door was broken. Facilities are really good there (tv, wifi, kitchen...)

• 13th Oct 2013