The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

My first time staying at a hostel and I was very impressed with Clarence Square. Friendly staff, prime location and an overall comforting atmosphere.

• 17th Sep 2013

Everything is fine, except Internet wi-fi connection which is the worst one I've seen for the last few years.

We can understand the frustration by this guest. The server in the area was a problem for 3 days during his stay and was not working well in the rooms. But it was working just fine in the common areas. So was the free computer in the common area.

PHENOMENAL. Hostel owner went above and beyond to help us find alternative accommodation during the Toronto International Film Festival. Good solid bunk beds with a huge amount of headroom for the bottom bunk. Bunks do not creak. Very clean bathrooms. Safe, fantastic location, easy to get to from the airport. Nice kitchen and lounge area. Have stayed in plenty of hostels all over the world, The Clarence Park is definitely one of my favourite boutique hostels. Thank you so much Dan!

• 12th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Excellent location, very near to CN tower Very friendly staff Really good / clean bathrooms Good facilities e.g use of kitchen, TVs etc

• 8th Sep 2013

Friendly staff!! Brilliant location 5/10 minute walk from the CN tower. Clean facilities, hot water. Not a massive party hostel a lot of people staying there long term but still people to chat to/ go out with. Would definetly recommend

It's clean, comfortable and nice. I stay at Toronto HI as well, this hostel is better than HI.

• 6th Sep 2013
  • Hong Kong

The hostel is located in a charming park, quiet street,very accesible with public transport, walking distance to waterfront,ferry port to the island etc. Kitchen full equiped,staff very nice and helpfull Negative > internet access very limited (internet provider is to blame and wall sockets in room didnt work) I loved the place and will recommend it Back to Toronto would definetely return to The Clarence Park Thank you all !

• 6th Sep 2013
  • Spain

A great welcome and very friendly staff, clean comfy rooms and awesome location!!

This is a great hostel, the location can't be beat and all the guys working there are really friendly. The rooms are really spacious and I love the privacy curtains and individual lights and power outlets in each bunk. This is a great hostel for anyone visiting Toronto, whether it's only for a few nights or if you're looking for something longer! I definitely recommend The Clarence Park!

excellent stay as always, the staff really go the extra mile for you here - yet they make sure house rules are enforced in a firm, friendly way...kitchen facilities are top notch, two big screen TVs back to back in the pass through between kitchen and living, plenty of room to kick back in comfort, location just can't be beat - lovely park across the street, upscale cafe just next door, steps from the city's finest hotels. share a roof with a United Nations of fellow travelers, of all ages!

• 3rd Sep 2013

The Clarence park hostel is second to none outstanding on every level location is with out a dout the best in town. CN tower less than a ten minuet walk and the city just around the corner, great places to eat on kings street plenty to see and do great city fantastic hostel couldn't ask for better. Chris Northern Ireland

Great place, really enjoyed our short stay, perfect location, nice and quiet! Could have had a bit more information about the city, staff didn't seem to know where a lot of things were. Other than that would definitely recommend and stay here again! Thanks!

• 2nd Sep 2013

The location is excellent, I didn't need to use public transport at all while I was in Toronto. The kitchen is fairly well equipped although it could do with a couple more pans. The beds all have curtains round them, sockets and reading lamps which is a nice touch but there are no lockers in the rooms. The en suite bathroom in my room didn't seem to have a good enough fan so it was quite damp at all times meaning it and the bedroom smelt horribly musty; better ventilation would easily sort this.

Had an awesome time, will come again for sure. The receptionists are of the most awesome kind.

• 28th Aug 2013
  • Switzerland

Perfect stay - Amazing for meeting people when you're new to the city.

Room can be very hot and stuffy in the summer if the AC isn't continuously running.

It sure can be hot in the summer if someone turns off the AC. Feel free to let us know if something like " suffering for no reason" can be helped by us. We hate to see a comment like this in a review when all a guest has to do is inform the staff! Hope to see you soon!

My friends and I loved this place! We instantly felt welcomed by the owner at the front desk when we arrived. Very easy going staff. Our room was clean and served it's purpose. The people staying there at the time and the staff were awesome at showing us where to go and what to do in Toronto. The french breakfast/lunch attached to the hostel transported us to France for the morning...food and service was perfect. We only stayed for a weekend, but I fell in love with this hostel and Toronto

• 23rd Aug 2013

Best hostel I've been to.

• 22nd Aug 2013

Currently, there seems to be renovation going on, so there is dust a bit all over the public areas. That being said, the rooms are clean. If noise bothers you, I strongly suggest that you bring ear plugs, especially if you end up in one of the rooms that give onto the street. Because there is no air conditioning in the rooms, the windows will be open. If I had a tip for the hostel managers, it would be to leave ear plugs for the guests!

Excellent location in city and very easy to get to from the airport using TTC for 3 CAD

• 21st Aug 2013