The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

One of the best hostels experiences I have ever had (and I've stayed in a lot) Great friendly and welcoming staff made this a pleasant stay, oh and filtered hot and cold water on demand.

I really enjoyed my stay. I went to Toronto for a conference. Accommodations were extremely clean, comfortable, and quiet. Staff and other guests are very friendly. The owner adds a personal touch, making guests feel like important friends. This is the second time I've stayed here and I will definitely recommend it. The cafe attached is also delightful.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Great start into my time in Toronto. The staff as well as the guest were just great!

The staff are very nice and the location is extremely good! Close to CN tower and also 5min street car to the subway station. Perfect!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

The stay was amazing. I get to know alot of new friends. If you want to have a great time in toronto you should go to the clarence park. The Location is perfect. You can walk to all the attractions you want to see.

• 12th Feb 2014

Clarence park....great sleep and even greater entertainment by staff. Tim, I hope you will make it to the U.S. of A., Irish guy thanks for not talking too much when I was hungover and thanks for the martini Jeff! Also the cafe next door definitely transformed the grey toronto morning into a pleasant Parisienne dejeuner time... Au Revoir, Pauline

A great place to stay in, all the staffs are friendly and helpful. Location is perfect, close to various landmarks in Toronto.

• 1st Jan 2014

Great Location, Awesome friendly staff, well-equipped kitchen. The female's bathroom facilities/cleanness could be better though.

• 30th Dec 2013

Pretty good hostel with old style and modern furniture and old wooden floorings. Personnel was courteous and apparently concerned about cleanliness and running the business with a sincerely guest-oriented approach. The kitchen was big and quite well supplied. Fridges were capacious enough though, because they were crammed all time and thus not very clean, had almost no room to store my few groceries. Induction heaters, only 4-5 hobs, are not great because of past misuse or torn for frequent use.

I actually stayed at the Hostel from December 23rd, 2013 to January 2nd, 2014. I really had an excelent time there! The staff were so nice to me, and attencious! The location was also very good, I only visited Toronto by walking. The rooms were really clean. The facilities were excelent also, they have a really big kitchen, 2 big living room, with tv and video games, 2 computers to surf in the internet for free and free wifi. I would definitly recommend the hostel to my friends!

• 23rd Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Whatever you're looking for in a good hostel, they have it.

Great hostel, thanks Tim

• 14th Dec 2013

The most awesome thing about my trip in this hostel was definitely the staff who welcomed me, as well as a few travelers who has been there for a couple of days already. All together was a super friendly atmosphere which brings you to bars and pubs after 2h being in the hostel. Then a couple of facilities made us also enjoyed the weekend pretty much: bikes that we could borrow to go around, a TV lounge to finish the night on Snatch...

• 6th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good hostel, good location, helpfull staff. Would definately recommend this hostel :)

The hostel is in excellent location, only a few blocks away from the CN Tower, at the heart of Toronto. The facilities are excellent except the sheets and cover on bed are not so good. I hope there could be some improvement in the future. Also, it could be better if there can be small storages in the rooms to lock a few important personal items.

Was very satisfied staying at the hostel, thanks! The only real problem was that the mattress of the double-bed wasn't very comfortable and my partner woke up with a back ache.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Israel

This is my first staying in hostel, this is amazing for me!! I love the place, wish i got more time to stay.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Hong Kong

Dorm was not cleaned, not even swept the entire time I was there. No hot water in dorm. People staying there seemed to be living there instead of passing though which meant the room and bathroom was filthy with things and rubbish laying around everywhere. Would not recommend hostel not unless at least some cleaning happens on a daily basis even if it is just sweeping the floor in the dorms!

• 28th Oct 2013

I stayed in a private room with private bath and overall the room was more than adequate. The bed was comfy, the room was a good size and clean, the heating system was good and free wifi was a bonus. The location of the hostel is pretty good, close to King street and CN Tower. The staff (especially Tim) were very friendly and went out of their way to assist. Thanks TIm!

• 27th Oct 2013

We stayed in a private room, and it was very nice. Clean, warm, and modern. Very helpful and friendly staff, excellent location for the CN tower, Rogers Centre area. A nice peaceful location despite being just off Spadina Avenue. Would definitely stay here again.