The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

We stayed in a private room, and it was very nice. Clean, warm, and modern. Very helpful and friendly staff, excellent location for the CN tower, Rogers Centre area. A nice peaceful location despite being just off Spadina Avenue. Would definitely stay here again.

Superb location, excellent staff and very comfortable beds. I'm happy to have chosen this hostel. If there were some lockers in the room I'd have given it a 100% rating. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Sorry Arnoud, but we cannot put lockers in the dorm rooms like suggested. They have to stay in the hallways. They just make to much noise when people are trying to sleep. Thanks for the kind words about our hostel!

Was extremely impressed by the efficiency/accommodation of the staff, specifically Daniel. I arrived an hour after closing, had booked only 3 hours beforehand, and even though my reservation wasn't in their system he honored it. He also wasn't even on the clock, just happened to be there waiting for a friend. I had ridden in 38 degree weather on my motorcycle to get here and was very relieved when providence smiled on me here. Room/facilities were very clean and well-maintained. 10/10 for Park!

• 20th Oct 2013

Our experience at The Clarence Park was a little tricky, the location is excellent, but the cleanliness is very poor, when we entered the room we soon realized that the bathroom was dirty, the garbage still full of the last people who used (it was a private room with bathroom), the bed broke so I sat on it, and was not repaired during the day. We arrived at the hostel at around 8am and there was no one to meet us, only got 9am service.

• 19th Oct 2013

These guests are leaving a misleading review. They arrived early and were very disappointed that they could not check in immediately. As early as they arrived, the room was still occupied. It was not possible to give a room under this situation. As they became continually agitated waiting for their check in, we gave the room to then early so they could shower. But we were clear that the room had not been cleaned by staff. They said that would be fine and it was cleaned after.

I was very disappointed because they do not accept credit card and on my confirmation email the credit card was one of the payment options I had to pay by cash which ruined most of my plans They said its hostelworld fault I am not sure who is responsible but I cannot believe that a place like that is only available if you have cash debit or travel cheks

This review is not accurate. This guests card details were invalid. If this situation happened at any business, you would have to use cash debit or check.

Nice hostel in central Toronto, but it is a bit strange that you don't blankets for the bed so make sure to bring your sleeping bag. No breakfast available.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The guy gives us a lot of information. He did everything for us, for instance to give us keys as quick as possible. We were five and we booked five beds in a six-bed rooms. The room was correct for the price, even if some stuff (food etc) was behind the bed. The bathroom was very clean and nice, but the lock of the door was broken. Facilities are really good there (tv, wifi, kitchen...)

• 13th Oct 2013

I stayed here several years before their recent expansion and had a great experience. Since I was coming back into town for a long weekend I figured I would stay there again and I had another pleasant experience. The location and its proximity to everything can't be beat for the price. Everything is within a short walk. I'll definitely be back. The staff is great and is more than willing to give you pointers on any questions you may have.

• 11th Oct 2013

Staff were excellent very friendly and helpful! The bathroom was surprisingly cleaner than we expected which is obviously a plus! The room was not as nice as advertised but that is to be expected and does not reduce my rating on my stay. The only thing we noticed was that the mattress was heavily stained but since we had clean sheets we can't complain.

I was very disppointed getting there and being extra charged. The front desk guy, told us that basically what happens is that HOSTEL WORLD charges money that does not goes to them, so basically i have to go there and pay extra. sounds like a big fraud to me so I we will have to think about some other way to book for this kind of trips.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Mexico

A bit noisy but the staff is extremely nice, helpful and available.

I rented a car and wanted to know if its ok to park on the street, since the parking sign only says one hour parking from 8:00 to 15:00, but doesn't say no parking in the evening. The staff at hostel misleadingly told me that if I park on the car on the street I will get parking ticket, and if I pay $10 per night I can park the car in their backyard. Actually as I learned later, it's definitely ok to park on the street in the evening. Just make sure to move the car no later than 9:00 next day.

This review is not accurate. This guest did not inquire about the city by law. If they did they would find that you may not park on the street past 3 hours as this guest is describing. You will get ticketed and towed as past guests have found. And as our web site describes we do provide parking for $10.00 per day. It is optional! If you do not choose to use it we do not force or mislead guests into using it.

Great staff, luxurious interior (for a dorm), fantastic matraces.

• 3rd Oct 2013

The location is great, very central. The area is very safe and you are close to all kind of shops nearby. The 24hour gas station right next door is very convenient for a late night snack. The general atmosphere is nice, perfect to meet new people from around the world. The Staff is friendly and helpful. The cleanliness is probably the only small negative point here but it's hard to maintain a place like that clean! It could be nice if the rooms could be vaccumed sometimes!

• 1st Oct 2013
  • jdune

This is a new hostel and still learning the ropes as a result. Cleanliness was noticeably poor, and I have fairly low standards for a hostel. I think the reason is because they use certain guests as cleaners as part of a payment arrangement - better to pay a professional, I think. No lockers in the rooms, and the kitchen cupboards and fridges were full of old food which stank. Staff not always on duty and sometimes quite brusque. Still, for location and value it might be your best bet in Toronto

A very pretty location close to all the major attractions and close to public transport. Great organic supermarket nearby which had a wonderful selection of food that you could purchase and have for a meal (already made up). The kitchen didnt have the cleanest facilities and the room smelt a little weird. Really friendly vibe in the hostel.

Thank-you for the kind words about our hostel! As far as the smell in the room that was mentioned, their is not a lot a hostel can do about it. This delicate issue usually depends on the people you share a room with.

Very nice hostel. Central location, comfy beds, good facilities.

One of the best Hostels I have ever been!

• 25th Sep 2013

The staff is great. We tried more than 4-5 different hostels in Toronto (incl. three of the five best rated) and this one is clearly the best value for money you can get. It is also well located, five minutes walk from the St Andrew subway station.

Awesome location, great facilities, comforting atmosphere, clean bathrooms. Only negative point: Some of the carpets in the hostel smell a bit strange. But this hostel is definetly the place to stay when you are in Toronto!