The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

I really recommend this hostel: The staff is really nice and the rooms are good (not cold at night, quiet) but the best thing about the hostel is its location (Cn tower, chinatown, Toronto University). We really enjoyed our stay and even though there is no breakfast, they sometimes bring free cakes from the bakery. The only thing is that some rooms are still in construction and that we can hear lots of squarrels running on the roof ^^ (not their fault but it woke us up pretty early)

The bathroom facilities are wonderful but the room is in a transitional state regarding renovation..

• 3rd Dec 2014

We would like to Thank this guest for the kind words regarding our facilities. But their must be some confusion regarding were she stayed. We do not have any room that is under any kind of renovation. Hope to see you soon!

The staff was super friendly and the location was great! Very close to lots of entertainment! The hostel was very quiet, there was not a lot of buzz and activity but there was a good community of guests. I would stay here again.

The hostel is very clean and the staff allowed us to do an early check-in as there are available beds. Great recommendation for the guided tour to the Niagara Falls. Great location as the hostel is about 5-10 mins walk from Queens Street.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I stayed here with my boyfriend and they were very welcoming. I wouldn't stay here as a single because there's not much going on and there were many other people staying there, and those that did were most of the time on their computers but once we saw they went out together.... but then again we weren't around much. Great place for couples. Nice bed, cleaned every day, good size washroom ans shower and always felt at home. Overall great experience

one of the best hostel I have stayed so far

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • China

Very good hostel but the wireless does not always work, that needs to be improved.

Cleaner sheets and staff with a bit more tact would've been appreciated.

• 14th Nov 2014

Our sheets are delivered by a laundry service for the last 10 years spotlessly!! It is a service we that we have been proud to have and we will put it up against any other hostel in the city that still does their own sheets by travelers who have a cleaning for stay arrangement! Hope to see you soon!

Loved our stay here! I will definitely stay again when I return to Toronto again. Thanks!!

• 11th Nov 2014

The security was good, there is a code for the front door (but unlocked during the day) and a key for your own dorm and there were no shady characters lurking about, but there were no lockers in my room, meaning you had to trust your roomates with the stuff you leave behind (I usually had most of my stuff packed up again padlocked my bag to the bed, but I'm an untrusting sort). The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was great. The atmosphere was a quiet and no hostel activities.

• 6th Nov 2014

Bed curtains was good.

I found that the kitchen was often a mess until someone cleaned it up. Most other experiences I have encountered at hostels, people cleaned up after quickly to make way for the next.

• 30th Oct 2014

The Clarence Park is first class in every respect, i.e. location, décor, kitchen facilities, quality beds etc. Moreover, the Management look after their guests outstanding well resulting in many travellers opting to stay several months! I thoroughly recommend The Clarence Park.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent location! The kitchen was a social center with people cooking and talking. I felt "at home" even though I was an older guest. The staff was helpful. I wish I had a real chair for the desk in my room; this would have made my work more comfortable. The room was serviced daily--it could be optional. Cleaning the blinds and behind the beds would help cleanliness. Internet access on upper floors is NECESSARY.

• 29th Oct 2014

The place fulfilled its services well: good for resting, clean, and friendly. The staff were always available and fellow travelers were an unexpected bonus. I would recommend it..

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

O Clarence Park é excelente, com localização, limpeza, segurança e instalações de primeira! A única coisa que senti falta foi de uma recepção funcionando 24 horas, pois tive um problema com o quarto na madrugada e não havia ninguém pra me ajudar. Tive que esperar até às 8:15 da manhã para ser atendida.

Very great location not a party hostel nice layout I like the mellow atmosphere I didn't like waiting until 2 to check in ever though the room was ready earlier but they did lock my stuff up and I did some yoga and watched tv while I waited I give it very high ratings and will come back soon when I get back from Bali

• 25th Oct 2014

Great staff, perfect location and extremely clean! Curtains around beds are a huge plus! The only negative point would be the wifi that does not work in the rooms.

I loved my stay here, the people were great and it was close to everywhere you would need to go.

• 17th Oct 2014

Esta muy bien ubicado, en la zona sur, cerca del tranvía, de las calles principales y siempre con vistas a la CnTower. No me gustó tanto q no llegara el wifi a las habitaciones, en la cama te clavabas los muelles en la espalda, el agua de la ducha era con muy poca fuerza así que para ducharse era un mundo. Compensa mucho la ubicación.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5