The Clarence Park Reviews

7 Clarence Square, Toronto, Canada

The hotel is well situated, and the coffee shop just beside (Le Neuf Café) is lovely. But, I didn't feel safe in my room : there was no window (!) but an emergency exit door leading directly outside, which seemed pretty easy to beark in. The room wasn't really clean (the floor and the bath), like the kitchen (smelly trash, dirty table).

They took care of us nicely. Had another strange person staying in the hostel and they took care of it immediately and professionally.

• 16th Mar 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. The cafe next door was excellent and very convenient! Can't wait to come back in the summer for another vacation. Thanks for making my trip fun and stress-free!

Staff is so friendly and energetic! The only suggestion I would add would be to install a box for the key return outside main building (we did not have the code to enter and it was quite early when we left). Both of us managed to connect with the WiFi, but it was so slow for my laptop! The location could not have been better (proximity to downtown and city transport).

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Generell hat das Hostel eine echt gute Lage, Streetcars sind gut zu erreichen und somit kann man die ganze Stadt erkunden. Vom Flughafen muss man allerdings einige Male umsteigen. Schade ist, dass für diesen Preis (im Vergleich mit anderen Hostels in der Umgebung) kein Frühstück dabei ist. Ein Toaster wäre demnach in der Küche recht praktisch. Alles in allem tolle Lage und nette Mitarbeiter. Sauberkeit war für ein Hostel wirklich in Ordnung!

Danny is friendly and helpful and hyper -- good personality for a host at a place like this. We were attending a conference at the MTCC. The regular convention hotels are booked out months in advance, at rates sometimes a full order of magnitude greater than we paid, and many of them are a longer walk. Here we have a clean, comfortable room. I am willing to climb stairs, bring my own shampoo, use the same sheets & towels all week, and listen to a few parties in other rooms.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for the kind word about our hostel! In the future, we in no way " MAKE " a guest use the same sheets and towel for what would be considered a longer stay. If a fresh set is required, it is delivered!! Hope to have you back soon!

Overall we thought it was pretty good. A few things we thought may add to the room we stayed in, curtains on the bathroom window.; additional towel bars, perhaps one near the tub behind the door (this would also help prevent the door from hitting and damaging the wall); a mini fridge/microwave would be nice, after all it is the 'deluxe room' and it is in a different building and 3 flights of stairs away from the kitchen; a rug on the floor would be nice as the floor was wet from our foot ware.

Overall, good facilities and great location. The blankets and pillows had tons of stains and definitely need to be washed more... however, the bathroom was quite modern and always very clean. There were no lockers anywhere near our room, so it made it nearly impossible to lock anything away (there are only lockers located in the main building).

Thank you for your kind words about our hostel! We will definitely look into the issues that you brought up regarding ways to improve! But the one that we will not compromise is lockers " in and near " the bedrooms. It has and always will be our biggest complaint from guests being woken up due to the sound of a locker being used late at night. Keeping lockers away from the bedrooms helps our valued guests get a better night sleep!

Clean, friendly place with great helpful staff. Would definitely recommend. Good location, close to heart of downtown.

A really nice cozy little hostel! Architectural wise, one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen a hostel located in!! Location also great! Walking distance to lots of things. Nice staff, clean rooms, good coming areas. But I really missed some sort of shelf, hooks and reading lights in the dorm :( None the less, a great place to stay in downtown Toronto!!

No hay ascensor, pero te ayudan a subir el equipaje.

Lovely stay at the Clarence Park. Excellent location. Majority of staff very attentive and friendly. Not sure about the dorm rooms as I stayed in a private double room, does not look like the room in photos. Also the bathroom window overlooking park has no blind/curtain which was awkward when showering at night time! But overall a lovely stay

Bad bugs in the room, very dirty kitchen and bathroom... never more...

If this guest was dissatisfied with our facilities it is a shock too us!! He stayed with us for 28 days and extended his stay 3 times! We do not provide rooms with bugs of any kind and our facilities are cleaned spotlessly every day!

Great facilities, nice location but noisy day and night

The staff were all incredibly friendly, talkative, and helpful!

• 31st Dec 2014

The Clarence Park is a very nice place to stay! I stayed there already many times and there is no other place for me to stay when I am in Toronto. Everything is very clean and cosy and very well equipped! The staff is very friendly and helpful and there are spacious rooms with very comfortable beds! I can highly suggest to other travellers to stay at The Clarence Park! It is also very convenient located in Downtown Toronto. There is also a very nice Café in French style with very delicious food!

Excellent hostel in Toronto! Extremely good location, nice shared area, and I stayed in a private room/bathroom that I have nothing to complain but the heating (extremely hot in the bedroom). I would definitely come back here again and also recommend for everyone heading to Toronto.

• 27th Dec 2014

I really recommend this hostel: The staff is really nice and the rooms are good (not cold at night, quiet) but the best thing about the hostel is its location (Cn tower, chinatown, Toronto University). We really enjoyed our stay and even though there is no breakfast, they sometimes bring free cakes from the bakery. The only thing is that some rooms are still in construction and that we can hear lots of squarrels running on the roof ^^ (not their fault but it woke us up pretty early)

The bathroom facilities are wonderful but the room is in a transitional state regarding renovation..

• 3rd Dec 2014

We would like to Thank this guest for the kind words regarding our facilities. But their must be some confusion regarding were she stayed. We do not have any room that is under any kind of renovation. Hope to see you soon!

The staff was super friendly and the location was great! Very close to lots of entertainment! The hostel was very quiet, there was not a lot of buzz and activity but there was a good community of guests. I would stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3