The Closest Hostel Reviews

28 Yanghwa-ro 23-gil, Mapogu, Seoul, South Korea

Excellent location and I was fortunate that made a friend with a fellow traveller from the US who knew lots about Korean culture. Hongik Univ area is awesome

Absolutely great hostel! It's right next to a convenience store and subway station, with many cafes in the vicinity. Yet, at night it is very quiet. The hostel is small and cosy, my room and the bathrooms were super clean The owner is a very nice person. He takes the time to explain everything you want to know, or show you around. Besides, he is really handsome and has great hair and beautiful socks! ;)

Rick is a very handsome guy, the room is very clean and warm, we had exchanged the contact and will surely stay here next time. This was really the first time that i find a hostel on my own as it is really really close to the metro station Exit 3 while previously i just took taxi and ask again and again! See u soon rick!

I really appreciate you have left a really great review! Thanks for your comment especailly! about my look!!! Kidding lol~ When you told me you will stay my place again, I was very happy to hear that. I will do my best for your next visit again!

I had a very short but pleasant stay here. The owner is great, both knowledgeable and hospitable. Would definitely consider staying here again if I am in the area!

I had to find a way to make you satisfied in your short trip. Haha! Thanks for your great review! :-) I hope to see you again!!!

Great cosy hostel.... Two of us stayed here during a very quiet period and were treated excellently! The hostel is in a great spot, easy to find and not very far away from the bustling Hongik University area where multiple bars restaurants etc can be found.... By far the best thing that this hostel has going for it is how courteous and helpful Rick the manager is. We were only visiting for two nights and on the first night he actually walked us around the area showing us the best bars and food!

• 27th Dec 2013

I try to spend time with guests all the time. It might not be possible to hang out with every single guest. However if there is nothing to do or no coming guests. I always go out with you to show this area at least. Thanks for your great review, even though you have been busy for skiing. :-) I was very impressed with your ski gadget when you come to. Having a knowledgable local friend is the most efficient way to have a short trip in the city. I always do my best for this. :-)

My stay at the closes hostel was fantastic. They location is just perfect as you can reach it directly from both Seoul airports with the train and the Hongik neighborhood is very cool Rick (the owner and running the hostel) was incredibly helpful during my stay and helped me out with tips and directions. I definitively will stay again in this place every time I'd go back to Seoul

Thanks for your review bro! When you and your girl friend visited hostel again, I was very happy. The biggest reason i chose this building was the location. The only hostel you can see the hostel building from an exit of station in this hongdae area!

What can I say? Rick is terrific and absolutely lovable! He showed me the Hongik University area and helped me figure out my rushy day-trip in Seoul. The hostel has a perfect location. It is only 45mins away from Incheon Airport by train, and there are numerous nice restaurants and shops close by. Rick has made the hostel very lovely and warm. Good luck to your renovation Rick! Hope to see you again sometime!

I loved this place - maybe my favourite hostel ever. The owner was so helpful and friendly. The surrounding area was really good (food, restaurant and clubs) and the train station was 3 minutes away. Don't even think about it ... just stay here.

I see nothing but ranting reviews for Rick and his good looks. Which I totally agree. On a serious note, Rick is a very good and friendly host. He will try so seriously to help in any ways possible. THAT, I guess is why many hostel people found him so endearing. The location of the hostel is unbeatable. It is literally just a few steps away from Hongik Uni Subway (hence the name Closest!). The beds are wide and firm, which ensure a good night sleep. Overall, the hostel is worth my second visit.