The Connemara Hostel (Sleepzone)

8.5
Fabulous 1087 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1087 Total Reviews

• England, Mixed Group, 31-40
4th Sep 2017

Fantastic place amazing views very cosy and all details looked after down to the candles lit in the dining room in the evening. I would definetely recommend staying here.

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
19th Aug 2017
5.7

The location is superb, but the hostel isn't. The rooms, sheets and towels are dirty. The staff seems to have only basic English skills. I was happy I only had to stay there one night.

• Ireland, All Female Group, 31-40
18th Aug 2017

We were a group of three friends on a weekend trip to Connemara from Dublin and Kildare. The hostel is in a beautiful location and is good value for money. We got a discount for Kylemore Abbey from the hostel reception which was very welcome. I would also like to say a huge thanks to staff for finding my phone for me in the bedroom and holding on to it for me at reception until I could get back to collect it. Much appreciated!

• England, Mixed Group, 31-40
12th Aug 2017
4.6

- This is NOT a YH geared to hikers and to friendly, collaborative use of communal resources. - Kitchen is worst I've ever seen in a YH: TINY for the number of people. Far too little equipment, rubbish & faulty stoves. Everyone annoyed. Safety nightmare. Dining & food storage space also too small. - Bedroom filthy & STANK of sweat. - Staff pleasant but all temps & therefore not knowledgeable or invested in the place. - "Quiet" room had loud action films all evening. - Countryside lovely.

• France, Female, 41+
14th Jul 2017
5.7

I booked two rooms and one was fine but the other, the room on the ground floor was extremly damp. So was the bathroom where you could see water on the walls. The smell was terrible.

• England, Couple, 25-30
13th Jul 2017
6.9

Decent sized hostel. Needs a little maintenance. Quite far from any pubs. Only weird thing was that everyone was French. Maybe we missed something.

• England, Female, 41+
16th Jun 2017

Fabulous location, extremely friendly and welcoming staff. If we'd known how lovely this hostel is we'd have arranged to stay longer than just one night!

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

The staff were friendly and available, the location ideal, the amenities were sufficient but not extraordinary. The atmosphere was amazing and we made quite a few friends in our one night stay. The cleanliness of the showers and rooms was not ideal.

• France, Male, 31-40
4th Jun 2017

The fireplace in the living room was wonderful, and the place was really nice. I recommend it!

20th May 2017

Best hostel I've had the pleasure of staying in. The location is spectacular. Beautiful views of the Killary Fjord from the dining and social areas as well as my room. The staff was a pleasure to be around and the owner gave great walking/hiking advice for the area as well as some very interesting local history and culture. I only planned for two nights at the hostel and the only negative of my stay was that it was not long enough. Will definitely plan a longer stay my next trip to Ireland.

×