The Connemara Hostel (Sleepzone) Reviews

Leenane, Connemara, Ireland

the kitchen / cleanliness

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very clean, spacious and well-run hostel. Paper towels in the kitchen would be a helpful bonus. A great location for people who like to get away from it all and experience a pristine natural environment. Guests arriving by Galway Tour Company coach should be prepared for a pleasant 1km walk from the main road to the hostel. Watch out for midges as well.

The hostel itself is in a great spot, close to Killarny. Good value for money but you get what you pay for: The private rooms are of the usual hostel standard (bunk beds, tired furniture, mould and non draining sink in bathroom). The breakfast is poor; hot water, instant coffee and teabags plus toast, jam and butter. Staff is a mixed bunch, some were very helpful and friendly and some of them could do with a little hospitality training.

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you feel you received good value for your money. As with any large rural building in constant use maintenance issues continuously arise and we appreciate being informed so that we can rectify them as soon as possible. Our breakfast is complimentary and very simple. We hope you will have another opportunity to return and enjoy our spectacular setting. The Manager

Damp smell in our room, sloppy maintainance, everything was a litltlebit greasy, didn't trust those jars of jam where everybody sticks his/her dirty knife in and 2 half empty jars were filled into one

• 29th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Hostel is in a beautiful location and setting. Good kitchen facilities. A shade was broken in our room.

We had a very good time in Sleepzone Connemara! As a group of carers with disabled people, we appreciated the comfort and security of the place, as well as all the things we found there to facilitate our stay ( towels, bathrooms, breakfast, stuff to cook...). It was also real fun and enjoyable to see all these people from different countries, and we were glad no one looked down at us, as we were with a group of disabled people. They all keep good memories of Sleepzone!

I had my best time in Ireland in the Connemara region and the hostel contributed to it! Everything went perfectly for me! Georgious spot, friendly staff, very confortable hostel I would've stayed for years!

The staff were very welcoming and pleasant. On arrival the staff showed us around the facilities, happily chatting and detailing the breakfast arrangements and other useful facilities they provided.

• 8th May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Perfect Location for Gaelforce fantastic value for money

• 8th May 2015

Loved it here! Great hostel!

• 29th Apr 2015

Firstly the view is incredible. Absolutely best thing to wake up to. The staff are awesome as anything. When they found out I was from New Zealand one of them ran and got a rugby ball. Felt straight at home. The nearest town is about 6kms away. Totally worth the walk. Breathtaking. 11/10

I have been there several times and it is always a great pleasure to stay at this hostel.

• 11th Apr 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were exceptional : friendly and helpful!

The view from the hostel is beautifull, the staff is very friendly. It you want to sit near the fireplace with a good book after a long walk and if you want to have a great view on the fjord while eating breakfast, this place is for you.

Awesome hostel. Fantastic location in middle of nature Connemara, right besides the water. Staff was very nice, both Fergal and Cecile were great. Clean rooms, nice facilities, we even hand a bathtub in our room. There is a large kitchen with all you need. Breakfast provided in a large spacious room with an amazing view. All in all one of the best, maybe even the best hostels in Ireland. do yourselves a favour and stay here.

Great Hostel!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

I liked the location very much, it was a magnificent landscape around the hostel and we slept perfectly because it was sooo silent. On the other hand, I think that they should improve some things: - the room was pretty basic, specially the bathroom and a bit too cold. - the heating was poor. they lighted it too late and it was cold in the rooms. - the breakfast menu was also poor. No real food, no fruit, only packaged bread and margarine, although the dining room hat wonderful views .

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Spain
  • Couple, 41+

The Hostel is located in the most beautiful scenary . The Manager is very friendly and made me feel welcome. A lovely reading room with a fireplace, I will definitely stay there again. Bauke

Delightful! Ferger, Selene, Laura, Sam, Francesco, Alex, Thebauld (I'm sure I misspelled at least four of those) made me feel incredibly welcome and were lots of fun. And waking up to the fjord and it's capricious weather was unbeatable. Thanks everybody

Really had a good stay. Celine the hardworking manager really did a fantastic job welcoming and creating a very friendly atmosphere for everyone

• 14th Mar 2015