The Connemara Hostel (Sleepzone)

Fabulous 1064 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1064 Total Reviews

• France, Female, 41+
14th Jul 2017
5.7

I booked two rooms and one was fine but the other, the room on the ground floor was extremly damp. So was the bathroom where you could see water on the walls. The smell was terrible.

• England, Couple, 25-30
13th Jul 2017
6.9

Decent sized hostel. Needs a little maintenance. Quite far from any pubs. Only weird thing was that everyone was French. Maybe we missed something.

• England, Female, 41+
16th Jun 2017

Fabulous location, extremely friendly and welcoming staff. If we'd known how lovely this hostel is we'd have arranged to stay longer than just one night!

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

The staff were friendly and available, the location ideal, the amenities were sufficient but not extraordinary. The atmosphere was amazing and we made quite a few friends in our one night stay. The cleanliness of the showers and rooms was not ideal.

• France, Male, 31-40
4th Jun 2017

The fireplace in the living room was wonderful, and the place was really nice. I recommend it!

20th May 2017

Best hostel I've had the pleasure of staying in. The location is spectacular. Beautiful views of the Killary Fjord from the dining and social areas as well as my room. The staff was a pleasure to be around and the owner gave great walking/hiking advice for the area as well as some very interesting local history and culture. I only planned for two nights at the hostel and the only negative of my stay was that it was not long enough. Will definitely plan a longer stay my next trip to Ireland.

18th May 2017

Great location with beautiful views. I was unexpectedly upgraded to a private room, which was very nice. Good faculties, staff were helpful.

15th May 2017
3.7

No potable water; no hot water in shower; no heat; smelly room. Would never stay there again and deter others from doing so.

We apologise for the loss of water for a couple of hours in the middle of the day - unfortunately coinciding with your stay. This was caused when the water supply was temporarily/accidentally switched off during construction works on our neighbouring property. We were not aware of this problem until it had happened but got it resolved on the day as quickly as we could. Sorry again that it affected your stay. Sleepzone Management

3rd May 2017

Excellent. The rooms were not cramped, they were clean and well maintained. The self service kitchen was well stocked and the dining hall was perfect. Nice touch having the tables candle lit in the evening. The hostel is so nice and the staff were amazing. They went above and beyond the job to ensure that everyone was comfortable and happy. The location in Leenane was beautiful and I enjoyed my stay immensely. One of my top three places to stay in Ireland. I'll be back!

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
26th Apr 2017
8.0

Beautiful setting on the fjord and perfect stop on a road trip along the wild Atlantic way. I used it as a base for hiking in Connemara. Loads of stuff in surrounding area to visit. If you didn't have a car you would be a bit isolated as the pubs/shops are not within walking distance. The hostel is well equipped with big common areas and has a basic breakfast. There were a few backpackers staying and unfortunately a large noisy school group which ruined the atmosphere.