The Corkman Irish Pub Reviews

160 Leicester Street, Carlton, Melbourne, Australia

*The manager was moody, and actually made it difficult to use the kitchen facilities when I encountered him in there by blocking my path even moreso with his chair. *When I accidentally locked myself out of the dorm in the middle of the night I heard a mouse in the kitchen while I was waiting for someone to get up and let me back in. *The linen was not available on arrival. It's in a great location, but my rating dropped due to the service received and the obvious attitude of annoyance.

• 24th Jan 2015

No wifi! Average in everything, only two showers/3 toilets. Not too big, so pretty quiet. But no wifi!

This hostel is not good. The "manager" is the most unfriendly person I have encountert in a hostel. He gives you the feeling that you are not welcome and cares more about his videogames which he playes all the times than about his customers. Also it's not very clean. Would not recommend this hostel at all.

• 18th Jan 2015

Stayed a week and enjoyed it very much. The staff is great, beds are comfy and there´s a nice homely feel about the place. Since it´s pretty small you will soon get to know everyone who stays there. Kitchen is well equipped. Would stay here again!

The Hostel was very small with only 3 dorms, one kitchen and 3 bathrooms. I liked it to live there, because it was like a living commuity and you knew all the people after one day. The atmosphere was nice and the tram and aldi were pretty close to it, as well as the Queen Victoria Market. Even though it could have been a little bit cleaner and the beds were extremely unconfortable.

• 10th Nov 2014

I checked out after an hour I had checked in. it was dirty, smelled. There was a window over my bed that didn't close properly. There was tape holding parts of the bed together. Did not feel safe here. Would not recommend for a female traveling by themselves.

• 13th Oct 2014

We've booked for a week but we left after 3 days because the room was dirty and smelly and the walls almost drop off. The toilets were dirty and full of hairs, expecially in the shower. The price was too high for these services.

• 14th Aug 2014