6.5
Good 175 Total Reviews
6.5
Good 175 Total Reviews
The Corkman Irish Pub Located at 160 Leicester Street, Carlton, Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne Victoria 3053 160 Leicester Street, Carlton
65% 175
-37.8022905 144.9608016
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2016
5.4

When I arrived there in the evening after a flight, I first had to get money cause I couldn't pay cash. My room was really messy, cause the others stayed there for a long time and didn't care about a clean room. There was nearly no space to leave my luggage. The hostel is around15 minutes from the center. There are only 3 bathrooms, but on the other hand I only know from 2 rooms. It's a quite small hostel and hard to find.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2016
5.1

Wasn't welcomed very nice when I arrived and my room was really dirty and smelly as there we're many people who stayed long term and I never saw someone cleaning. It was also really loud as a window was missing, the facilities are quite old! Also it's not a good place to meet new people as its not a typical backpacker hostel even if the people who stay here are friendly. I stayed for five nights and as it was too much to let me put my stuff in the luggage room the day I left!

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Feb 2016

The Corkman is one of the best hostels I've stayed. It's a smaller hostel (max. 24 guests) with a homely atmosphere and several long-termers (some for months, some for weeks), as well as a healthy dollop of short-termers. The staff are good and like-minded, though the manager enjoys putting things upside down ;) Dorms are big and there's a TV room with lots of films, and a decent (small) kitchen, though a lack of communal areas. But the pub downstairs is a good place to go (and not too rowdy)

• Germany, Male, 18-24
27th Jan 2016
4.6

The Hostel could be a really cool place - BUT the hostel manager is really unfriendly and won't help you with any problem. Because of that, the atmosphere in the hole hostel is bad and you can't feel comfortable.

You stayed for 3 days, the first day was my weekend, so i directed your queries to other staff, the next day I had to take the day off on sick leave. the 3rd day i saw you for about 5 minutes, and at that point you did not ask for help with any problems. I was only working one of the days you were here, and can not help you with problems if you don't ask.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
30th Nov 2015

I have bee staying here for all most 5 months, the hostel is in a brilliant location, and you don't get much noise from the pub. Is a very good place to stay for people looking for. or are working in the Melbourne area for a long period of time i have had no issues with any of the staff members and they are quiet helpful