The Cranky Croc Hostel Reviews

Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Good hostel in the wonderful neighbourhood of La Candelaria. The only bad thing was that the kitchen was filthy, so bad that we didn't want to cook in there. Otherwise the beds are very comfortable with warm clean blankets, and the showers are lovely, clean and hot. Overall would recommend.

Cranky croc is a nice hostel located in a good area, friendly staff that were always happy to help. We went on a night out organised via the hostel which turned out to be a bloody good night. I would stay there again!

Information regarding kitchen closure should have been advised ahead of time and a discount should have been given for the 5 days due to the inconvenience

Staff don't speak English. No real 'common area' so tricky to meet people. Good WiFi and hot showers.

I enjoyed my stay much at this hostel. The staff is very informative, beds are made daily, and there's a TV room for days you want to stay in. However, an airport transfer reservation I made thru the hostel did not go well for me to provide 100%. The night before leaving I made reservation for airport transfer via the hostel to arrive at 6am. The guy never showed up at 6am, I missed my bus. Unfortunate this incident occurred however overall stay was not bad.

It was flawless.

• 30th Sep 2014

I had a very bad experience at this hostel.

Not a bad hostel! Good do with a bar and a Ping pong table to make it more sociable but met some cool ppl here :) also tried to charge me more at checkout as have me ensure room when I booked shared but didn't tell me. Didn't have to pay in end tho so all good. Stayed also at hostel sue which has better facilities.

Nice place, very well located. Dorms are nice with huge drawers for backpacks. Andy was a great help during our stay also

Really enjoyed my stay with my two friends. The location was brilliant and could not get over how clean the place was. Andy, the owner, was so helpful with booking our trips and suggesting where to go on leaving Bogota. The atmosphere was great and met some really cool people. Would definitely recommend staying in the Cranky Croc for anyone who stays in Bogota.

Lovely, modern showers and toilets. Helpful staff. Comfy beds. Breakfast not included, which seems standard in colombia, but has a cafe though service can be slow.

Staff were amazing! Great location although (like anywhere) just be careful going out after dark. Appreciate the new bathrooms :-)

This hostel is the best I have stayed in since i travel Colombia! The breakfast, the staff and the rooms are perfect. The hostel is really close to tourist sights like the gold museum or the lift to Montserrate!

Great Hostel, clean cosy, efficient and great wifi too. Excellent location as well and helpful staff. A little bit noisy but that depends on whose staying at the time and is common to many backpackers/hostels - take a set of ear plugs and you will be fine. I thought it was great value and would definitely stay there again.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel! Amazing bathrooms/ showers, good common space, and friendly staff. The location is great as long as your not wondering alone after dark and the hostel itself feels very safe. I would recommend this hostel!!

The Crancky croc was a excellent place to stay in Bogota. Everything was clean, staff is very friendly (especially Catalina!) good decent beds and nice comfy warm blankets which are a must in Bogota. Only little bad point is that when I came in most people where behind a screen (laptop, cell). This happened multiple times during my 2 day stay. Not sure if it's the problem of the facebook generation, maybe it was because alot of people were leaving or maybe it's the layout of the living space.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel, very well located (with a French bakery, good restaurants and bars really close), very friendly staff, I already stayed there two years ago and it was even nicer (greater facilities) this time! Best hostel possible in la Candelaria and in Bogota !!

Amazing staff, great location, very good value. Highly recommended.

A friendly vibe and clean rooms make this hostel a solid option in La Candelaria. I would stay again just for the super hot showers and generally clean and usable shower/bathroom situation. The front desk staff is helpful and knowledgeable.

This is a tale of two hostels. I'm reviewing only my experience. The room where I was put was in another building where a bunch of junk had been piled (wood, beanbag chairs, pieces of metal) and it was in bad shape. No space here to describe. Not good. The Good: Common area was rusticly nice with lots of wood. On day two of my stay I met some people and I saw their rooms. They were gorgeous. Bright. Clean. Views. Location of hostel is central. If you get a different room things will be better.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4