The Cranky Croc Hostel Reviews

Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Fantastic facilities!

Good hostel. Unfortunately the staff were not friendly and not very helpful. The showers were hot and the duvets thick which was needed in cold bogota.

Very comfortable hostel with good beds (that were even made while staying at the hostel several nights), lockers with electricity sockets, best WiFi connection I've seen in Colombia, and a great location two blocks from the gold museum in La Candelaria. Definitely recommend the Cranky Croc!

The hostel is perfectly located if you want to be in the heart of la Candalebria, very close to all the museums (de l'oro, Botero, ...). The showers are the best I had in Colombia, the toilet were the cleanest, the 4-bed dorms are big enough, with nice lockers with power inside, very convenient :-) I found the staff quite helpfull too! Only minus is I found the common room a bit cold and not super cosy, but I would definitely recommend this place if you want to stay in the heart of things!

This hostel found a good balance between being a party hostel and regular hostel. The noise level of the commons doesn't carry though the hostel. The kitchen is ok. The front desk staff is always available for directions, help, or calling taxis. The area is a known staftey issue from years past but the hostels in the area have several private security guards who are visible in the nearby streets.

Amazing bathrooms. Good social areas although it does get quite cold.

It's a great hostel! Parties outside and won't get noise in the rooms. Staff are very very friendly! Location is very good as well. Everything is very good, just I don't like that there are spiders in my room.

The owner and staff were pretty friendly straight away. Its in a bit of a sketch area but there is a security door and guard at the front and lockers in the room. Real comfy beds and a bit of a social area in the middle and the breakfast is really good.

The showers are really nice. We also appreciated the lockers--they're big, they light up when you open them and have outlets inside of them.

Great place for a couple of party nights and to explore Bogotá downtown.

Staff was great (Miriam is a saint). I'll recommend Cranky Croc to anyone coming to Bogotá.

• 24th Oct 2014

Good hostel in the wonderful neighbourhood of La Candelaria. The only bad thing was that the kitchen was filthy, so bad that we didn't want to cook in there. Otherwise the beds are very comfortable with warm clean blankets, and the showers are lovely, clean and hot. Overall would recommend.

Great location, warm bedding, sturdy bunks, big lockers, free towels & nice new bathrooms. The hot showers were the best that I experienced in Colombia! I highly recommend the bike tours the hostel promotes too! We saw some interesting neighbourhoods you'd never get to on your own.

Cranky croc is a nice hostel located in a good area, friendly staff that were always happy to help. We went on a night out organised via the hostel which turned out to be a bloody good night. I would stay there again!

Information regarding kitchen closure should have been advised ahead of time and a discount should have been given for the 5 days due to the inconvenience

Staff don't speak English. No real 'common area' so tricky to meet people. Good WiFi and hot showers.

I enjoyed my stay much at this hostel. The staff is very informative, beds are made daily, and there's a TV room for days you want to stay in. However, an airport transfer reservation I made thru the hostel did not go well for me to provide 100%. The night before leaving I made reservation for airport transfer via the hostel to arrive at 6am. The guy never showed up at 6am, I missed my bus. Unfortunate this incident occurred however overall stay was not bad.

The hostel is near the gold museum and the bars in la Candelaria. The bathrooms have been recently renovated, and the showers are nice :) It's a sociable hostel, and I enjoyed my stay here. Only downside is that it's sometimes difficult to communicate with the staff if your Spanish isn't up to scratch. Overall I would recommend to others.

It was flawless.

• 30th Sep 2014

I had a very bad experience at this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3