8.8
Fabulous 1,331 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1,331 Total Reviews
The Cranky Croc Hostel Located at Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota.
Colombia
Bogota Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria
88% 1331
4.5998030 -74.0700478
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Sep 2016
5.1

The showers were hot and powerful. The actual bed was comfy but I found it difficult to get up on it as there wasn't really a ladder. Also to my great dissappointment the hostel organized a taxi for me in the morning to go to the airport. The driver ended up charging me 40,000. About 10,000 more than suggested and then the driver gave me fake change back of 20,000 so it ended up costing me 60,000. I also noticed the driver slipped the staff something when he came to pick me up. Feel very sad.

• England, Male, 18-24
13th Sep 2016

Wifi doesn't work in the rooms, everything else was good. Hot showers

8th Sep 2016
7.7

Stay was Nice. The only issue we had was after checkout we were trying to get to the bus station, We knew a cab would be around 20k.The man with the glasses at the front desk told us there was a private driver who would bring us there for 20k so we decided to support the hostel. After the ride to the bus station the driver demanded 40k, over 15 usd.His reasoning, " because you are traveling, you have money" " I know you have more money." We got tired of arguing and gave 30k.. We felt ripped off.

• England, Male, 25-30
7th Sep 2016
2.3

The min we walked in the guy behind the till was a a***hole rude didn't welcome us thought he was clever and blunt! Wouldn't reckoned so where to get food even though he told some girls arrogant.. The next day cold showeres really really roughn be neighbour hood would not recommend here go stay up northern rich part of city when we checked out early made us not a extra day and we lost a deposit

7th Sep 2016

Excellent location. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Clean and quiet facilities. My only negatives were that the street was being overhauled (dug up and relaid) by the municipality (not their fault), and that they do not accept credit cards.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Sep 2016

Amazing staff great spot loved staying here and will be again!

• ggoodwin93310
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Sep 2016

Guys at the front desk are super friendly. It's quite a big hostel so definitely opt for a big dorm room to meet people, as it can feel a little empty. Great lockers, with power points inside them. Generally good and clean facilities! Wifi lacked in my room is my only down point :\

• Australia, Male, 31-40
2nd Sep 2016

Good location. Clean toilets. Good area to mingle with other travellers. rooms are a little small.

• England, Female, 25-30
31st Aug 2016
7.7

Hostel very clean and in a great location. Big lockers in rooms with lights and power outlets. Wifi is terrible and only in common areas. Common areas lack comfortable and warm space to hang out and it is not a very relaxing place to be when you want to chill out.

30th Aug 2016

The beds with the duvet covers and individual toilets/ showers were the best part! However, I would say that the staff is subpar. They were nice enough, but they weren't particularly helpful or friendly. They didn't have good /touristy city maps (only ones on computer paper that weren't particularly helpful). Hangout area is ok, but not super comfortable. I couldn't get wifi in my room. I did meet a lot of fun people, but I think you can get a similar caliber hostel for less somewhere else.