The Cranky Croc Hostel Reviews

Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

The showers are really nice. We also appreciated the lockers--they're big, they light up when you open them and have outlets inside of them.

• 13th Nov 2014

Great place for a couple of party nights and to explore Bogotá downtown.

Staff was great (Miriam is a saint). I'll recommend Cranky Croc to anyone coming to Bogotá.

• 24th Oct 2014

Good hostel in the wonderful neighbourhood of La Candelaria. The only bad thing was that the kitchen was filthy, so bad that we didn't want to cook in there. Otherwise the beds are very comfortable with warm clean blankets, and the showers are lovely, clean and hot. Overall would recommend.

Great location, warm bedding, sturdy bunks, big lockers, free towels & nice new bathrooms. The hot showers were the best that I experienced in Colombia! I highly recommend the bike tours the hostel promotes too! We saw some interesting neighbourhoods you'd never get to on your own.

Cranky croc is a nice hostel located in a good area, friendly staff that were always happy to help. We went on a night out organised via the hostel which turned out to be a bloody good night. I would stay there again!

Information regarding kitchen closure should have been advised ahead of time and a discount should have been given for the 5 days due to the inconvenience

Staff don't speak English. No real 'common area' so tricky to meet people. Good WiFi and hot showers.

I enjoyed my stay much at this hostel. The staff is very informative, beds are made daily, and there's a TV room for days you want to stay in. However, an airport transfer reservation I made thru the hostel did not go well for me to provide 100%. The night before leaving I made reservation for airport transfer via the hostel to arrive at 6am. The guy never showed up at 6am, I missed my bus. Unfortunate this incident occurred however overall stay was not bad.

The hostel is near the gold museum and the bars in la Candelaria. The bathrooms have been recently renovated, and the showers are nice :) It's a sociable hostel, and I enjoyed my stay here. Only downside is that it's sometimes difficult to communicate with the staff if your Spanish isn't up to scratch. Overall I would recommend to others.

It was flawless.

• 30th Sep 2014

I had a very bad experience at this hostel.

Not a bad hostel! Good do with a bar and a Ping pong table to make it more sociable but met some cool ppl here :) also tried to charge me more at checkout as have me ensure room when I booked shared but didn't tell me. Didn't have to pay in end tho so all good. Stayed also at hostel sue which has better facilities.

Nice place, very well located. Dorms are nice with huge drawers for backpacks. Andy was a great help during our stay also

Really enjoyed my stay with my two friends. The location was brilliant and could not get over how clean the place was. Andy, the owner, was so helpful with booking our trips and suggesting where to go on leaving Bogota. The atmosphere was great and met some really cool people. Would definitely recommend staying in the Cranky Croc for anyone who stays in Bogota.

Lovely, modern showers and toilets. Helpful staff. Comfy beds. Breakfast not included, which seems standard in colombia, but has a cafe though service can be slow.

Staff were amazing! Great location although (like anywhere) just be careful going out after dark. Appreciate the new bathrooms :-)

This hostel is the best I have stayed in since i travel Colombia! The breakfast, the staff and the rooms are perfect. The hostel is really close to tourist sights like the gold museum or the lift to Montserrate!

Great Hostel, clean cosy, efficient and great wifi too. Excellent location as well and helpful staff. A little bit noisy but that depends on whose staying at the time and is common to many backpackers/hostels - take a set of ear plugs and you will be fine. I thought it was great value and would definitely stay there again.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel! Amazing bathrooms/ showers, good common space, and friendly staff. The location is great as long as your not wondering alone after dark and the hostel itself feels very safe. I would recommend this hostel!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4