The Cranky Croc Hostel

Superb 1470 Total Reviews

• fadge87
  • Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
16th Feb 2017

A nice comfortable hostel in the historic district of Bogota. We did the walking tour and football tour with Freddy, both I would highly recommend! Be careful in the area though, we heard of three people getting mugged during our time there. Leave your electronics & wallet in the hostel and only bring out the cash you need!!

15th Feb 2017

Very clean. Staff very helpful.

11th Feb 2017

A good location, with a social atmosphere. A fairly standard modern backpacker hostel. I would stay here again

• Australia, Female, 25-30
7th Feb 2017
8.0

Great staff. Good facilities! My friend and I stayed in a 10 bed dorm. The first couple of night were good. And then we got new dorm room mates who were completely inconsiderate, but that's not the hostels fault. Their not responsible for childish behaviour. I guess what I'm saying is, is that there's a mix of clientel, Younger and older. People who like to party and people who just want to relax. It wasn't too much of a party hostel but there was a great social atmosphere.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
7th Feb 2017

We had room 402, which is a private room. The room was nice, big and clean... kinda looked like a hotel room. Not sure if all the rooms are like that, but it was nice. We did the walking tour with Freddy at 3 pm, then salsa class at 8 and went out to party with the orgenized bus at 11 - all from the cranky crock. We had an awesome time, I would stay here again.

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Feb 2017

Really good hostel, good location, helpful staff, nice atmosphere. Relaxed but sociable. Am staying there again before I fly home

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
1st Feb 2017

This is a great hostel, with really nice staff. I highly recommend it. They have loads of tours and recommendations for things to do. Also, when you want a day off, there is a TV/Film room where you can chill out. It's also kept really clean. Most of Bogota's attractions are very close. However, if you want some nightlife, you may need to take a taxi to Zona Rosa or somewhere a little livelier. Colm.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
1st Feb 2017

Really great hostel, best in bogota..... all the tours, airport transfers etc available.... will be staying there again on my way back through.

31st Jan 2017
7.7

This is a fine hostel. Its very clean and the facilities are good. While I was there they were refurbishing though, so I think the main common area and restaurant weren't open. This was a real shame because it made it harder to meet people as a solo traveller. The staff was also kind of indifferent. All in all a fine hostel, but nothing special.

30th Jan 2017

Best one I've stayed at in a long time!!!