The Cranky Croc Hostel Reviews

Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

The staff is AMAZING ... Very helpful and efficient.

• 9th Jul 2014

The good: big lockers with outlets, beds with lights, hooks, and outlets, nice showers, owner knows a lot (though isn't always around), computers. The bad: common room is hard wooden tables/chairs, not comfortable; very cold; one 6-dorm has very poor WiFi and NO DOOR, so it's loud, insecure and basically open-air; staff were ill-informed: one hadn't heard of tierradentro, another knew nothing about tours advertised in the hostel. The best thing in Bogota, grafitti tour, wasn't mentioned here.

Excellent hostel. Very helpful staff, huge comfortable beds that are made daily, excellent hot showers, good social area, many activities, fast wifi including in rooms. Really outstanding hostel, one of the best I've stayed in South America

Very rude staff. The woman who checked us in made a snide comment that the time we arrived wasn't precisely what we indicated on our reservation (it was a bit later). She was very unhelpful/rude when we asked for a map, timing of when to pay, a heater, etc. The place is freezing and there is no heater. The showers were ICY and terrible.

• 7th Jul 2014

Great Showers And a Good Place to Meet other People.. Everthing is around.. Definately a noisy Place -Party all Night Long if you want so..

My second stay at the Cranky Croc - both times have been fine: good rooms and amenities, friendly and helpful staff. Its about 25,000 pesos from the airport, and the place is nicely located for all sorts of activities. I'd go back a third time!

Really great hostel in good location and helpful staff. Great meals for sale here too. The only improvement which could be made is with regard to the weather! Most travellers to Bogotá are hit with a huge drop in temperature, this meas having to walk through a cold wet courtyard to get from your dorm to the rest of the hostel a real pain. Meaning shoes have to be worn too. The main room too is quite cold, and even though the dorms have duvets, I still could not sleep without hoodie and socks on.

Good security (which is a must for Bogota), newly renovated (bathrooms are amazing) and decent atmosphere. I would recommend.

Great hostel. Close to the main cultural attractions of Bogota, good bathroom and rooms. Beds are a little bit noisy, and during the night the are Candelaria seems to be unsafe. Better take a taxi to go anywhere

We had only planned to stay at Cranky Croc one night but ended up staying longer because we enjoyed it. As other reviewers have mentioned, the showers were fantastic, big, clean, plenty of hot water. The bed in our private room was one of the most uncomfortable that I have experienced, but I liked everything else about the room. The the biggest disappointment was the construction that was taking place. It was unsightly and loud, but I'm sure will be beautiful when completed!

Excellent hostel. My second time staying. Really comfortable beds, great staff, excellent wifi and computers and nice food too. The lockers are also big and they have a charging point which is rare. If you want to stay in La Candaleria I would highly recommend it.

The hostel is very very noisy at night so ear plugs are highly recommended

Great and large hostel, really good atmosphere here, obviously been open a while and ironed out all the creases! Would definitely recommend.

By far the best beds and bathroom facilities I have come across in any hostel! The only thing lacking is a good, comfortable lounge room with couches and movies for chilling out.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • shackwel

Great hostel. The rooms in the back do not have a locking door which the others did. It was a lot more quite back there though so give and take. Good place to meet people and good food. Staff was amazing. I would go back.

Very well run for a very reasonable price, this hostel covers everything, clearly run and organised by someone who has their finger on the pulse of travellers. Anything you think you'd need is here, lockers with chargers, super clean bathrooms, great WiFi and computer access, good kitchen, and in a great area La Candelaria

Great place, great staff, good crowd. Stayed a second time on the pass back through

awful wifi, staff were moody. nice bathrooms.

Really great hostel, one of my favourites in South America. Beds are really comfortable, bathrooms are super clean, Internet and wifi were the quickest I've had in South America and the staff are really friendly. There is also a restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner. Location is perfect for La Candaleria near all the sights of the historic part of the city and very close to a Transmileno stop.

The hostel is on an excellent location to visit La Candelaria. It has a good atmosphere. Our double room was quite small. The hostel is having building work and although it will look really nice once the work is done, now it's a bit like a building ground. However, the bathrooms and showers are new and they were really good! The staff wasn't very helpful and we actually didn't feel we could ask for any information. One of the girls even rolled her eyes when we approched reception!

« first « Prev 1 2 3