The Cranky Croc Hostel Reviews

Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Excellent site to visit Colombia. Comfortable beds, properly working hot showers, nice atmosphere, clean and everything is in good condition. I will definitely come back again!

The staff were fantastic as well, Sergio, William at the front desk (one other front desk girl but I cannot remember her name But also very helpful), lots of info and friendly smiles. Carlos a big security guard kept you feeling safe and then there was Marlene - she had help kept the place very clean and let's face it she had some big messes to clean. The hostel is well maintained

• 21st Dec 2015

Nice clean and safe hostel. Nice atmospheres and good beds and bathrooms

My favourite hostel yet! Can't fault a thing :)!!!

This place is Great! Cab driver knew exactly where it was. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are modern and clean, dining room has big fire place, free wifi, tv/bean bag room for chilling, and great location. I had a super early flight and didn't have shampoo and the guy on staff let me borrow his. Stayed up late drinking and being loud, but because of the layout we werent keeping anybody from sleeping. Overall I was very stoked I chose to stay here! 9 out of 10!

• 17th Dec 2015

Great hostel! Everything you need is there and the staff is great and very helpful!

Absolutely amazing hostel, it is quite small and home like however the staff are amazing so helpful and friendly, the location is awesome, the facilities and wifi is great. We ended up catching a night bus from another town and got in at 530am and they even let us sleep in the tv room for free. It's not a crazy party hostel but great to meet people, awesome vibe in a chilled way, but people are always keen to party. I have never written a review so I really valued my stay! Thank you

• 15th Dec 2015

The good: Very clean and nice toilet/bathroom facilities and general cleanliness. Breakfast is good (though chargeable). The not so good: Staff a bit arrogant. Dorm at the top floor does not have a door, first night this kept me awake. Hopefully hostel will install door soon, or they should at least supply ear plugs for free.

Cranky Croc is located in Candelaria which makes it easy to see all of the main sights - I would particulary recommend the free graffitti tour which leaves from the park just behind Cranky Croc & the cable car up to monseratte at sunset on a clear day. The staff at this hostel and very friendly & helpful & can organise anything for you - Including the party bus! The atmposhere here is great, a good place to meet people! The rooms are spotless & the showers hot :) I would highly recommend!

Even though this hostel is more expensive, it is worth it. Very clean and good beds. Met some amazing people here and had a great time. Do the party bus with Freddy, it is too much fun!

Lovely facilities. Some really loud guests after 1am. The Security guard was loud too. Needs a 'please be quiet after 1am sign' or something. Lovely staff too

• 14th Dec 2015

Awesome hostel. Great location, super clean, comfy beds where the line are changed every day. Big lockers for your stuff. Hot showers. And it's super easy to meet people if you're travelling solo!

Place was fantastic. Probably the best overall of the four hostels I stayed at in Colombia mostly because of the people I met there. Hostel was very clean and well-maintained and there was plenty of room for all my stuff. Was also nice having an outlet inside of the locker. The staff was okay a best though. Beside the tall lanky dude with brown hair at the front, the experience was great.

Cranky croc was a fantastic start to my South American adventures. Super clean facilities and a great set up.

All good here. Restaurant and guest kitchen always a plus. Chill, but fun.

Great social hostel,good location, comfy bed... Nothing negative to say!

Good clean hostel in decent location. Good facilities (slightly dodgy wifi though!) and staff are helpful. Good common area so easy to meet other travellers

We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which didn't have a door. (Only dorm room which didnt have a door) which made it noisy when you where trying to sleep as the lights would shine into the room as well as hearing the guest talking as they come in all hours of the night. Besides that it was a great hostel overall and breakfast which came at a extra cost was also good.

Great place to meet fellow travelers. Toilets and showers are nice and clean. I only stayed briefly so I'm not an expert on how well it's located to see the main sisites compared to other hostels, but i would stay there again for the general comforts.

Nice place in a great location. The atmosphere was really lacking when we were there. I'm sure there are hostels that are more fun if that's what you're after. We didn't feel welcome at all when we arrived on the overnight bus but the guy working evenings was super friendly and helpful.