The Cranky Croc Hostel Reviews

Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Really great hostel, one of my favourites in South America. Beds are really comfortable, bathrooms are super clean, Internet and wifi were the quickest I've had in South America and the staff are really friendly. There is also a restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner. Location is perfect for La Candaleria near all the sights of the historic part of the city and very close to a Transmileno stop.

The hostel is on an excellent location to visit La Candelaria. It has a good atmosphere. Our double room was quite small. The hostel is having building work and although it will look really nice once the work is done, now it's a bit like a building ground. However, the bathrooms and showers are new and they were really good! The staff wasn't very helpful and we actually didn't feel we could ask for any information. One of the girls even rolled her eyes when we approched reception!

Average hostel with squeaky floors and doors but nice showers. There is a decent cafe in the hostel where you can buy breakfast and dinner.

Really enjoyed my stay in cranky croc...

Really enjoyed my short stay here, very reasonable. Good breakfast, staff were mostly friendly and attentive. Layout of the hostel made it very easy to mix with other travellers. Will book here again on my way back home through Bogota.

Great facilities including a nice clean modern kitchen and wonderful hot water showers and toilets. The beds were also very comfy. Met a lot of other travelers there and always had a group to go out with in the day or at night. Thanks for making my time in Bogota much better than I expected!

Near the main attractions of Bogota, as museums, bars, plazas and the Cerro Monserrate. You can do most of the things walking. But if it's necessary, there is a transmilenium bus stop close to the hostel. Really hot showers, nice wifi and helpful staff.

• 7th May 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in a while!! Best shower I've had in 4 months traveling! Super comfy bed. Helpful staff. Nice and social!

Friendly staff, good facilities and great location.

Very good hostel. Great combination of party and chill. Staff very helpful. REALLY good showers, good beds and a great location.

One of the best hostels I stayed in during a 5 month trip to South America. Great facilities and atmosphere. The staff are the best thing about the place.

Great hostel, great staff, great location, have stayed here several times in the past and I will be back again!

Loved the Cranky Croc. What surprised me the most was the cleanliness of the bathrooms/showers. They are cleaned every 3 hours. The staff was great and handled a couple of situations in a very friendly way. Would definitely stay there again.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I absolutely loved my time at Cranky Croc. I stayed 8 nights. It's in a perfect location, so close to markets, the metro, buses, the main plaza, bars, restaurants and shops. The staff are all so, so helpful, friendly and happy. The staff make the hostel feel so homely and make you feel so welcome - Andy, Jenny, Marcella and Miriam. Brilliant people. Great wifi everywhere and so clean. Constant hot water and dorms are so comfy. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bogota.

The bathrooms and showers are plentiful, brand new, clean and fancy. The mattresses are comfy, but the wooden bunk beds squeak and wobble like none other, every time someone in your bunk room turns over, it's loud enough to wake everyone. The eating area was the main hangout, plenty of people to meet. They're under construction, looks like they're adding bunks and bathrooms to the second floor. Hopefully they plan to clean up the back hang out area, it's basically just a storage area.

Good atmosphere. Clean toilets/showers.

Very nice hostel, one of our favourites!!! Location is good, rooms are super tidy thanks to the hard working cleaners, rest of the place is clean and comfy is well, beds are the most comfortable we've had in Colombia, staff is very helpfull and kind, there's a cute cat and a nice dog, etc etc etc :-) The Crazy Mongolian eatery across the street is suberb as well!

This place is great! In fact this is my second stay here. They showers and toilets are shiny and new, and even though the bunks are a bit creaky they are still really comfortable. The staff are helpful with bus times and even arranged a driver to get me to the bus station. Meals aren't included but they have a restaurant open for breakfast and dinner and they sell cheap beers. I've always met awesome friends here too, can't wait for my third visit next month!

The owner is doing renovations on the hostel and the new bathrooms are incredible!! Big clean hot showers! The communal kitchen is great with all utensils you would need. Comfortable beds. Situated in a brilliant location too!

• 1st Apr 2014

Large hostel with a good atmosphere. Lots to keep you entertained (pool, basketball, ping pong, tv lounge) as well as a bar and loads of information for activities to do in Medellin. It's about 15 mins walk from Parque Lleras, but means you can get some sleep if you don't want to party all night, but are close to the action if you do. Highly recommended!