The Cranky Croc Hostel Reviews

Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

This was the second time I've stayed here, & can't reccomend it highly enough.. One of the best hostels I've stayed at all around the world especially in South Aerica.. Good staff, location, & spotlessly clean with a nice kitchen👍

Loved it, stay here.

Stayed at this hostel 5 years ago and it is as good as I remember it back then. Staff are all super friendly and helpful. The courtyard promotes a very social atmosphere. Breakfasts are available at very reasonable prices if you don't feel like cooking 1st thing in the morning. Beds are comfortable and have personal reading lights. Lockers are huge with power points inside. Hot showers 24hrs. Good wifi. Great location to explore the city. Highly recommend.

Crank Croc is a great little hostel right in the heart of old town Bogota! There are loads of resteraunts, bars and clubs near by and a great nightlife. Lovely beds charging on lockers and cheap breakfast. A really cool hostel I'd recommend to anyone. The wifi is terrible there though and they charge to use the printer to print boarding passes etc which personally I think is cheeky of them considering iv stayed at nearly 50 hostels and this is the first place to do that!!

Really friendly hostel with a good vibe in La Candelaria area of the city. Great shower/bathroom facilities for the dorms and the whole place is kept very clean. Good sociable atmosphere in the common areas and the staff are always willing to help out with advice and transport etc. Would definitely recommend.

Great atmosphere,nice rooms,with clean towels included!The Aussie guy was really helpful & friendly on arrival,however I can't say the same about the other staff. We were short on pesos & they wouldn't take the balance in dollars but would exchange currency for us at a shocking rate!The 'taxi' they organised to the terminal for us drove like he'd just robbed a bank & didn't know where it was & stopped to ask several times nearly causing us to miss our bus!Good hostel but pity about some staff.

very nice rooms, very clean bathrooms and showers. i have been many times to bogota and this is the best hostel. only the bbq night was overpriced and the breakfast that you can order is quite small but still tasty.

All good, coming back!

Really good hostel! The beds were super comfy and the atmosphere was awesome! Great place!

Nice hostel in a good location. Great bathrooms.

Great, fun and helpful staff. Comfy beds, hot showers, clean and well located. Go to Bogota? Go to Cranky Croc!

Only stayed one night because the loud construction noise woke us up around 8am after arriving in the middle of the night by bus from Salento. Staff seemed apologetic but couldn't guarantee when it would be finished that week so we headed elsewhere. The showers were modern and great! Private room was tiny and no private bath.

Loved this hostel, super close to tourist attractions, beds are super comfortable and very social. I became very ill 2nd time staying and the staff were super kind and took very good care of me. Thanks to Jesus, Miriam, Marlen, Laura and William

Great hostel, good location, nice helpful and friendly staff, bed is nice and comfy, hostel is clean, one of the best hostels I've stayed at in Colombia

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Indonesia

great hostel. very clean, good beds, outlets in the lockers. amazing showers.

They don't except credit card which is annoying.

• 14th Mar 2015

Hey loved this place the best beds and showers a cool place to hang out and the staff were amazing ,well worth a look with a great location

The cleanest bathrooms in South America! Chargers in lockers in the dorms is a nice touch. Great atmosphere.

I really enjoyed my stay at the cranky croc. The beds and showers are among the best I've seen in South America and the breakfast is of high quality and worth the slightly high price. The staff is incredible, especially Laura who helped me find things to do around Bogotá and organize trips in the surrounding area. I would definitely recommend staying here and Bogotá in general.

Really clean good hostel, in a great location