The Cranky Croc Hostel Reviews

Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Staff was great (Miriam is a saint). I'll recommend Cranky Croc to anyone coming to Bogotá.

• 24th Oct 2014

Good hostel in the wonderful neighbourhood of La Candelaria. The only bad thing was that the kitchen was filthy, so bad that we didn't want to cook in there. Otherwise the beds are very comfortable with warm clean blankets, and the showers are lovely, clean and hot. Overall would recommend.

Great location, warm bedding, sturdy bunks, big lockers, free towels & nice new bathrooms. The hot showers were the best that I experienced in Colombia! I highly recommend the bike tours the hostel promotes too! We saw some interesting neighbourhoods you'd never get to on your own.

Cranky croc is a nice hostel located in a good area, friendly staff that were always happy to help. We went on a night out organised via the hostel which turned out to be a bloody good night. I would stay there again!

Information regarding kitchen closure should have been advised ahead of time and a discount should have been given for the 5 days due to the inconvenience

Staff don't speak English. No real 'common area' so tricky to meet people. Good WiFi and hot showers.

I enjoyed my stay much at this hostel. The staff is very informative, beds are made daily, and there's a TV room for days you want to stay in. However, an airport transfer reservation I made thru the hostel did not go well for me to provide 100%. The night before leaving I made reservation for airport transfer via the hostel to arrive at 6am. The guy never showed up at 6am, I missed my bus. Unfortunate this incident occurred however overall stay was not bad.

The hostel is near the gold museum and the bars in la Candelaria. The bathrooms have been recently renovated, and the showers are nice :) It's a sociable hostel, and I enjoyed my stay here. Only downside is that it's sometimes difficult to communicate with the staff if your Spanish isn't up to scratch. Overall I would recommend to others.

It was flawless.

• 30th Sep 2014

I had a very bad experience at this hostel.

1 2 3 Next » last »