The Cranky Croc Hostel Reviews

Calle 12d No. 3-46, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

By far the best beds and bathroom facilities I have come across in any hostel! The only thing lacking is a good, comfortable lounge room with couches and movies for chilling out.

Great hostel. The rooms in the back do not have a locking door which the others did. It was a lot more quite back there though so give and take. Good place to meet people and good food. Staff was amazing. I would go back.

Very well run for a very reasonable price, this hostel covers everything, clearly run and organised by someone who has their finger on the pulse of travellers. Anything you think you'd need is here, lockers with chargers, super clean bathrooms, great WiFi and computer access, good kitchen, and in a great area La Candelaria

Good hostel in a very sketchy barrio ....

Great place, great staff, good crowd. Stayed a second time on the pass back through

awful wifi, staff were moody. nice bathrooms.

Really great hostel, one of my favourites in South America. Beds are really comfortable, bathrooms are super clean, Internet and wifi were the quickest I've had in South America and the staff are really friendly. There is also a restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner. Location is perfect for La Candaleria near all the sights of the historic part of the city and very close to a Transmileno stop.

The hostel is on an excellent location to visit La Candelaria. It has a good atmosphere. Our double room was quite small. The hostel is having building work and although it will look really nice once the work is done, now it's a bit like a building ground. However, the bathrooms and showers are new and they were really good! The staff wasn't very helpful and we actually didn't feel we could ask for any information. One of the girls even rolled her eyes when we approched reception!

Average hostel with squeaky floors and doors but nice showers. There is a decent cafe in the hostel where you can buy breakfast and dinner.

Really enjoyed my stay in cranky croc...

Great spot to start your trip in Bogota, The common area is inavoidable which means you meet lots of people throughout the day.

Really enjoyed my short stay here, very reasonable. Good breakfast, staff were mostly friendly and attentive. Layout of the hostel made it very easy to mix with other travellers. Will book here again on my way back home through Bogota.

Great facilities including a nice clean modern kitchen and wonderful hot water showers and toilets. The beds were also very comfy. Met a lot of other travelers there and always had a group to go out with in the day or at night. Thanks for making my time in Bogota much better than I expected!

Near the main attractions of Bogota, as museums, bars, plazas and the Cerro Monserrate. You can do most of the things walking. But if it's necessary, there is a transmilenium bus stop close to the hostel. Really hot showers, nice wifi and helpful staff.

• 7th May 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in a while!! Best shower I've had in 4 months traveling! Super comfy bed. Helpful staff. Nice and social!

Friendly staff, good facilities and great location.

Very good hostel. Great combination of party and chill. Staff very helpful. REALLY good showers, good beds and a great location.

One of the best hostels I stayed in during a 5 month trip to South America. Great facilities and atmosphere. The staff are the best thing about the place.

Great hostel, great staff, great location, have stayed here several times in the past and I will be back again!

Loved the Cranky Croc. What surprised me the most was the cleanliness of the bathrooms/showers. They are cleaned every 3 hours. The staff was great and handled a couple of situations in a very friendly way. Would definitely stay there again.

• 14th Apr 2014