The Crew House St. Maarten Reviews

69 Airport Road, St. Maarten, St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles

There is absolutely zero security at this place. Anyone can walk in and out. The place is filled with mosquitoes so you need to spray yourself with a mosquito repellent or you can last 5 minutes in your room. I asked my 2 other mates and they too agreed that this was the worst hotel ever!

The people were nice but the house was very dirty! There were rats inside... disgusting!!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is just 100-200 meters from the airport, so it is excellent for transit passengers like me. But also it's a real hostel, and a very good place to stay at the island for a longer period of time. I would stay there much longer, if only I didn't need visa for Sint Maarten.

Tiny Hostel, close to the airport. We reservated two beds in a female dorm but actually they weren't free, when we arrived. Instead of our reservation, they gave us 2 other beds in a 10 bed dorm but we paid less money. The Hostel is okay, its cheap and for one night absoluty enough.

If one is into the hostel lifestyle The Crew House is a very basic accommodation at a reasonable price. Most of, if not all, of it's beds were occupied which says something. It's directly across the road from the Princess Juliana Airport, the road is the main road around the island, there is an "Island Bar" on the premises, so if you are looking for peace and quiet this ain't the place. I was looking for one night's accommodation at a reasonable price and I got it.

• 7th Feb 2015

I had the greatest time at the The Crew House. The staff is fantastic, and the location is dynamite. It's a very basic accommodation, but totally worked for me. There's a great atmosphere. Would definitely stay again!

• 22nd Jan 2015

Absolutely disgusting, in any other country this place would be highly illegal! Disgraceful.

Fantastic location a very short walk from the airport and an interesting mix of locals and travelers who stay there. Somewhat grotty and delapidated facilities, never got a key for the dormitory door, but a decent and cheap place to crash for a night or two.

Dirty, boring surroundings and a sad atmosphere. Don't go here. The only positive thing is that it is at walking distance from the airport.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

That hostel is a desaster (and I generally do not expect much of a hostel!): - Staff of the included bar peeing in the bushes - Few travellers, mostly drunk workers hanging around - dirty washroom (not sure it gets cleaned) - incapable manager - one room always has a dog inside that shits in the room I knew from a friend in advance what to expect, so I was fine. If you come make sure this Hostel does not spoil the start of your vacation!! Should be removed from hostelword!

• 4th Dec 2014

I only stayed one night and I would never stay more than that. Good for a one night lay over but the price for a single room is highly over charged.

• 29th Nov 2014