The Crew House St. Maarten Reviews

69 Airport Road, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Netherlands Antilles

The crew house is a perfect stay for those who are looking to relax and worry little about the luxuries that it brings. if you are a clean freak or want your at most privacy, than I suggest you go to a hotel. The.crew house is for those who are simple and willing to adapt easy to any environment, the staff is great and the people are just as great. Ita close to everything you need including the beach (15 min walk). I will be staying here next time! This is a great communal space for anyone.

Not good.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Shadow is a great manager , so is his assistant Reggie, he's the work machine. Anyone who comes here must be patient, its not like instant coffee on St, Martin, Everyone/everywhere drinks, booze is cheaper than water. So Be Happy Come to the CREW House. I was there for three weeks, and as hostels go this is in the safest area of the Island at night and the staff here are great, On Thursday night they have great entertainment and great food would definitely return here, best value.

Your site identifies the location as #69 airport road, actually an airline agents. The address is #94 Airport Rd. Crew House has signs all over to say "CLEAN" but no soap or cloth or dryer provided. Often no garbage pail. Flies & cockroaches swarm the kitchen. First five days I cleaned (with water only) until I saw nobody else does. Maid drops dirty dishes in kitchen sink. Unpaid "guests" sleep in kitchen. Two nude lesbians (again unpaid guests) took over empty bunk love nest. Music & drunks al

• 30th Jan 2014

My comment about cleanliness refers to the dirty kitchen...people would prepare food then leave the sink full of dirty dishes and old food out on the counter. It attracted flies and was unsightly. That was the fault of the other guests not the owners. The wifi worked great. Our room was comfortable and clean. The A/C was nice and cool. Shadow, the on-site manager, was very friendly and responsive. We could park our rental car on-site and it was secure. Maho beach was a 15 min walk.

• 20th Jan 2014

The crew house is a pit stop for homeless, wanderers, and party travelers. Our private room had one double bed and a plastic lawn table. The bathroom had no TP, no soap, no hot water, the tolites were often messed up and used by other people , location is great. We walked from the airport and felt safe. Much drinking and drugs took place. There is free wireless. The bed was not made when we got there, We helped to make it, There were no blankets.

• 1st Jan 2014

One of the worst places I stayed during my 8 week trip in the Caribbean. Maybe it would have been better if I stayed in the main building. It was the bartender that seemed to take care of everything. The owner didn't ´care. He was just collecting the money. Most of the people that stayed at the place when I was there was not "normal" travellers. They was just there waiting for their next job. Strange place. But good location and cheap. Easy to catch a minibus to go to other places.

definely poor place. Fridges plenty of rotten food, internet worked badly and rats going around everywhere at any time. There are for sure better place where to live in a short or medium term. No security at all and forget to sleep, noise and drunk idiot peoples 24/7 wont ever care about you.