The Crib Reviews

Kiril i Metodiy 2, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Best value for money ever! The owner cooked us brilliant breakfasts every morning, we were provided with everything we needed free of charge (towel, doona, sheets, pillow, pillowcase). Location is perfect and the area is safe! Couldn't recommend this place more!

Excellent hostel, and great staff - it was a comfortable place to stay in Plovdiv, with a perfect location and really good facilities. Highly recommended!

Good place to relax, meet people and have awesome barbecue with the guests and the staff. One of the best hostel I've ever been.

• 29th Apr 2015

Hi, we are thankful for your great feedback and rates. We started up the BBQ season and jam sessions on the balcony together :) great memories. Take care and see you next time around ;) Yotsko

The Crib was a really chill hostel. We enjoyed staying at it, but that is because the hostel was geared towards our age group of early twenties. Overall though, it was a pleasant stay.

Staff is awesome, sir Ali is the man. Besides always offering good conversation , he took us out and showed us a great night out in plovdiv. Cosy common room and kitchen, nicely decorated. Bedrooms very nice and comfortable. Now the bad. Facilities really need some work. Downstairs felt half finished. Nobody has a key to the front door and we didn't even get keys to our room. Not cool. Probably would not stay here again, but would love to chill with Ali.

Hi guys. Thank you for your review. Nobody gets a key for the dorm rooms. For the 1st floor we do have keys ;) Ali was here briefly. Unfortunately he had to leave the crib for being the most irresponsible person we have EVER met. He was not a reliable character and was never considered as part of the staff. For talking his way around things and getting drunk (as you know), maybe a good chat for a couple of days - yes. The STAFF members of the crib are only trustworthy, reliable and responsible.

The team is really friendly and helpfull. They are always ready to help you and give you advices. The hostel is close to the center (3 min walking) ans there are baker, supermarket, restaurant and all that could be necessary around so that you dont need using neither bus nor taxi. They are offering a free good breakfast, free WLAN (WIFI). The ambiance is cool and respectful. Than despite everything is not completely perfect, for sure I will go choose the CRIB hostel if I travel again to Plovdiv.

• 17th Apr 2015

Thanks Gilles. We had an awesome time on the honey hunt around the Rodhopi Mountains. Great day trip. Thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to your return :) we have much more to explore around the Balkans :) Yotsko

The hostel is in a nice location near the city centre. There is a good equipped kitchen and a nice common area. The rooms are okay but the bathrooms could be cleaned more often. All in all okay for a short stay but nothing special.

Thanks for your feedback. We will make sure to take notes and make things much better. I wish you an amazing time traveling and meeting people. Cheers!

Cool places to stay, very relaxed and chilled. Staff were very helpful. Big rooms and has lockers. Nice chillout area with good wifi. Little hard to find from outside but one there it's easy enough, very close to old city aswell.

Its always chillaxed in the crib :D the great ratings you gave us are much appreciated, thank you. Yotsko.

We didn't see where the gym was, but everything else was great.

• 30th Mar 2015

A great place with atmosphere to stay. I recomment it to everyone who is visiting Plovdiv.

The hostel stays near from the city center and it's easy to reach with their instructions. The rooms were great as well as the breakfast. The bathrooms could be better.

Thank you for your feedback. Great memories exploring pLOVEdiv. Have fun ;)

Superb hostel. At The Crib, a lot of attention is paid to the details and that's what makes staying here so comfortable. The beds are awesome (I really haven't slept in a bed this comfortable in a long time!), FAST wifi, very clean rooms, great collection of travel guides, and free breakfast. I also received really helpful advice about planning a day trip from Plovdiv to the nearby monastery and fortress. If I'm ever back in Plovdiv, I would definitely stay at The Crib again.

Super handy to the old town, really enjoyed my time got on well with the boss, so we had some fun out and about met some great people, and will be back in plovdiv another day and i will stay at the Crib, thanks so much for the awesome care my friend peace love and light always.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Location and bed is good,but no wifi and hot shower when I stayed,but I think in th high season it would be a great hostel!

Thank you for your feedback. There was a problem with the electricity which was fixed the next day. That is why you got a full refund and stayed for free that day. From the looks of it you seemed very happy from my gesture. But you are correct - there was no wifi and hot water, even the kitchen was out of order. I apologize again and wish you luck on your travels. Have fun ;) Yotsko.