The Crib Reviews

Kiril i Metodiy 2, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

The hostel is in a nice location near the city centre. There is a good equipped kitchen and a nice common area. The rooms are okay but the bathrooms could be cleaned more often. All in all okay for a short stay but nothing special.

We didn't see where the gym was, but everything else was great.

• 30th Mar 2015

A great place with atmosphere to stay. I recomment it to everyone who is visiting Plovdiv.

The hostel stays near from the city center and it's easy to reach with their instructions. The rooms were great as well as the breakfast. The bathrooms could be better.

Superb hostel. At The Crib, a lot of attention is paid to the details and that's what makes staying here so comfortable. The beds are awesome (I really haven't slept in a bed this comfortable in a long time!), FAST wifi, very clean rooms, great collection of travel guides, and free breakfast. I also received really helpful advice about planning a day trip from Plovdiv to the nearby monastery and fortress. If I'm ever back in Plovdiv, I would definitely stay at The Crib again.

Super handy to the old town, really enjoyed my time got on well with the boss, so we had some fun out and about met some great people, and will be back in plovdiv another day and i will stay at the Crib, thanks so much for the awesome care my friend peace love and light always.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Location and bed is good,but no wifi and hot shower when I stayed,but I think in th high season it would be a great hostel!

There was never TP, the showers are gross. Breakfast from 8-11 but the people cook it and don't get up until 1030.. Common area had the hardest things on the floor to sit on. There was always a group of random sketchy people that I don't know if they worked there or were just friends with people who worked there. I probably wouldn't stay there again.

Shower situation is a little weird, with the showers spraying onto the bathroom floor, but other than that I couldn't have asked for anything better. Awesome staff, comfortable beds, and perfect location.

Not sure if this place even has a licence to operate cause it seems more like a grubby bachelors pad than a hostel. For example, the cramped toilet/shower room was poorly maintained and there was hair all over the floor and never any toilet paper. Furthermore, the electrical plugs in my room were not secured correctly. If you're a grubby hippy, you'll love this place. If you're not, then it's probably best if you look elsewhere.

The hostel is located in the hearthland of Pld next to the mosque and the main street. The staff is great and it has nice ambient. Plovdiv is the best place in BG.

Loved my stay at the crib! It felt like being in a share house in a really cool way and the staff were totally awesome! Super chilled out vibe and awesome breakfast cooked each morning by the staff. Would definitely stay there again!

• 29th Oct 2014

Cosy hostel, more like a flat.. Staff very stand offish to start but warm up after awhile, but not always around in the morning.. Great beds