The Crib Reviews

Kiril i Metodiy 2, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

nice hostel, nice owner, good location, all is good.

This hostel seems like it would have a cool vibe in high season, however there weren't too many people there when we were, so I don't think we got to experience it at its full potential. The staff were nice although things felt a little disorganised. Beds were comfy, wifi was good, and the location is great for visiting the old town.

Hostel was booked with two hours in advance yet the room was ready and they knew all our booking details on our arrival. They were very relaxed with payments and checking out which was perfect for us. The kitchen facilities were amazing and the artwork throughout the hostel brought a lovely touch to it. Thanks very much!

Its always nice to see that our efforts are appreciated. I am really glad you had a great time in Plovdiv and looking forward to your return next time around :) best regards - Yotsko.

The door into the building doesn't shut automatically so it was only fully closed once when I returned to the hostel. There are no locks on the hostel entrance or the room doors but there are good sized lockers in the rooms. It's one of the dirtier hostels I've stayed in-it seems like the bare minimum is done. I met some really great people who were also staying there, but the staff just hangs out upstairs together which makes it a bit awkward when you need something.

Nice hostel, cool art everywhere, staff helpful and friendly, close to all the cool stuff

The Crib is a great hostel. Tricky getting there from the bust/train station but follow the directions and you'll find it.

Very good location and really the coolest and friendliest persons there. We had a good time on the balkons and living room. Cute beds and a big kitchen. Thank you for all.

It was hard to find any staff member and if you could they would be asleep. Not enough toilets or showers for the amount of people - which might be the reason they could never get in to the toilets to empty the toilet paper bin which was over-flowing? Lucky there were good guests staying there which saved this place from being a horrible experience.

I apologize you got the wrong impression. There are 4 bathrooms and 5 toilets in total for a capacity of 20 people. There is someone on point 24/7 and even though its a big house - its not a palace. Bins over-flow in a day sometimes, we try NOT to allow that to happen. I am really sorry you didnt have a great experience in the hostel, so I would like to offer you a free stay next time around. All the best. Yotsko.

Upon returning to the crib (I couldn't stay away) the hostel was equally as inviting and comfortable as ever and kept me here for a week (I only had 4 nights booked). The staff are fantastic and the location is very close to the Old Town and main shopping area while maintaining a healthy feeling of being in a classic Bulgarian neighborhood. Highly recommend staying here if you are not sure.

Blake - you da man! :) thanks so much for your review. It is one the top of the reviews we got this year. Its so motivating to see that travelers enjoy the city of Plovdiv and esp our little hostel :) see you around soon ;) Yotsko.

I stayed in the crib overnight while passing through Plovdiv but fell in love so much that I returned again a few days later. Extremely hospitable and comfortable with staff to match - highly recommended.

Very bad experience. Stayed for 3 days and none of the existing 3 (working 2) toilets was cleaned even once during our stay. Confusion regarding my booking.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Bulgaria

Im sorry but this is just hateful and ungrateful. I gave you a free stay on the first night and a 40% discount on the rest of the accommodation. Even that was not enough so you made a big scene on departure and asked for another 37lv discount FALSELY blaming us that we didnt calculate the deposit fee (which was 24lv). You left without paying the amount you were supposed to pay, demanded different breakfast than what we offered every morning and went on to effect the rating. Nothing else to add..

This hostel has a nice vibe, it's very clean and nicely decorated. It is in a perfect location just next to the old town! They also serve good breakfast. Nothing to complain, would go there again for sure!

Good location, close to the city centre and old town. I walked to the hostel from bus station. Staff is very friendly, try to make us the traditional breakfast eg. pancake, toast etc everyday morning. A good way to have and try local meal. good job Nicky! Will return to stay if coming back to Plovdiv.

Really enjoyed this hostel. Nice chilled atmosphere, great location near the pedestrian street, short walk to old town. Beds are comfortable, dorms spacious. Quiet location. Breakfast is great, we got all you could eat French toast and Nutella. Great kitchen. Bit noisy at night as all the rooms are off the communal area but it wasn't too bad. Only 1 shower, but there's not too many guests so it's okay.

The non-smiling staff served a breakfast of just pancakes and black Nescafe. When I asked for some milk in my coffee I was told to go to the shop to buy my own.

Sir, that is a lie. You were told to be patient cos we ran out of milk - you spilled the coffee in revolt. Then went on and made a tea which you spilled again in the kitchen. Left after the first day without paying a cent even though you had a booking for 3 days, you didnt inform anyone and you made the other guests uncomfortable as well. Maybe the non-smiling world is a reflection of our Self. My best wishes to you, sir. I wish there was more on our side we could`ve done for you, but...

Had an awesome time at the crib the staff are extremely helpful and do a great job of keeping the place clean!

The rooms were comfortable and had great locker space. The bathrooms were average. Location was great - 5 minute walk to the centre. My only problem with this place was that the staff were not very helpful and always seemed to a bit 'out of it' ...

We had such a Nice stay at the Cribs! The location is absolutly perfect to visit the city and the people working There are very friendly, helpfull and so Nice! Beside that the rooms are modern and clean. Go There !!

Loved this hostel! Located right near town perfect for sightseeing. Hostel own Jovitca is great if you want any information on the town, Bulgaria or the Balkans in general. Would highly recommend!

The hostel was really really great, the staff incredibly welcoming and helpful and the atmosphere with other travellers just perfect. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, the beds also. Security is perfect as there's a very big locker for each person next to the beds. Breakfast is amazing :) We had a perfect stay, I recommend!