The Crib Reviews

Kiril i Metodiy 2, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

The rooms are great. There is a nice terrace that you could get to from the room I was in. The common area was light and comfortable. The kitchen was also really nice. The staff were very friendly, laid back, and always willing to help. They gave a lot of helpful information at check-in. The only negative was the bathrooms. Not terrible but not the best. That is the only thing they could improve.

The Crib was quite nice. We only spent one night there, but it had a nice living room atmosphere, the kitchen was well-eequipped, you got towels and clean rooms. The only annoying thing was, that showers and bathrooms were combined, so that there was water on the floor and it wasn't so clean... Breakfast was included, but not as home-made as described, but rather fast-food... Anyway: good value for money, especially as they had a nice balcony.

Our room was under renovation so we were moved to a different room which was valued lower and did not receive the lower price after asking. The bathrooms were very dirty while we were there and one of the 2 bathrooms constantly smelled like an outhouse. Breakfast was bought at a bakery and usually an hour late.

It was fine, but the staff really weren't helpful. I asked about bus times & schedules & they just assumed they knew what they were talking about. I asked them to show me a website but they said not to worry about it, they were wrong about both my bus times (by 2 & a half hours) & I missed the only bus that day. Even for stuff within the city they weren't very friendly or helpful. There was one guy working there who was quite friendly though.

Thank you for looking after everyone so well.

Nice hostel, i recomend it!

We had a really great stay! Valentina was the best host we could imagine and she makes a great breakfast which is included :-) the dorms are modern and clean and the location is perfect for viewing plovdiv on foot. The Crib has a cozy atmosphere which instantly makes you feel at home!

great hostel! friendly staff

At first glance they really have great direction! The hostel is a really friendly place at a nice place. Close to the central boulevard but quiet. Parts of the staff had their trouble with the English language. We got equipped with useful tips for the city. They also made some efforts to research connections for us. Breakfast was good, nothing fancy. We could store our luggage until the evening. The washing room tended to be flooded after every shower but that was acceptable.

Stayed at week Pros: -clean rooms -clean living room Cons: - no electricity for 3 days - unhelpful staff - gym and upstairs common room was dirty and owner occupied My advice it's good enough to stay for a couple days

I booked this place last minute expecting to drive late, sleep and leave early but I left with only regret that I could not stay longer. This place and the owners provided everything - I felt like a welcomed old friend from the moment I walked in and was offered everything from a homemade breakfast to pleads to stay longer when time came to leave (with breakfast beer)

• 22nd May 2014

Relaxing vibe and laid back. I planned to stay only a night but ended up 5 nights here! The owner is friendly and most relax person I've ever meet in Plovdiv. Beds are new and comfortable. Toilet cleanliness- Perfect! Staffs are friendly, polite and helpful (reason why I chose to stay longer). I highly recommend anyone to come and stay at this place! The Crib really live up to its name. I feel so welcome and feel like at home! Come in as stranger, leave as a friend! Thank you for everything!

Hey heeey thanks so much my friend. You are very welcomed anytime you are around the Balkans. Best wishes - Yotsko - TheCrib :)

Best hostel I have stayed in.. Awesome location and facitlities and cleanliness. Breakfast is great and different everyday. And the staff are AMAZING. They will help you with anything you need to know and even take you to Kareoke and bars.They make you feel so welcome, like your part of The Crib family. If you come to Plovdiv there is no need to look around, this is the place to go! I didnt want to leave and I am definantely coming back.

You Rock Da House! :D Im thankful for your feedback and looking forward to seeing you soon in September ;) My best wishes to you and sending you tons of positive energy. GreetzZ from pLOVEdiv

Awesome hostel. Great beds, cool staff, and good breakfast.

Always a pleasure to see people have a great experience in TheCrib. Wish you all the best and you`re welcomed back anytime ;)

One of the best places to stay in Bulgaria definitly! For sure!

• 4th Apr 2014

You`re the man :) Great nights out and bar crawls. Wishing you all the best on your travels and see you around ;) TheCrib-pLOVEdiv

What an amazing place to stay... Everything in the hostel is great, comfy beds, good bathrooms, nice common rooms, kitchen and location. Everything you expect from a great hostel, but this isn't a hostel, it is a home. Amazing energy from everyone involved. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. It was hard to leave!

It was hard to say bye to you guys as well.. Send my love to Ryan. We had an awesome time chillaxing and closing down bars :D Im grateful for your feedback and wish to see you guys again. Take care of each other you two :) Best wishes - Yotsko - TheCrib. Sending positive energy from pLOVEdiv.

The rooms and the location are well equipped . The breakfast was excellent. The solution for the showers is not the best. There is a risk of water damages in the future and wet floor is not so funny when going into the toilet. But doesn´t matter ...I like this place !!!

Thank you, sir. Best wishes - TheCrib -