The Crib Reviews

Kiril i Metodiy 2, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Very nice, friendly hostel. Situated in a good place from restaurants and bars. No noise to disturb. Great communal area with bean bags, great way to meet other travellers. The bathroom was quite unclean but the bedrooms were great! Highly recommend if you want the social experience. Owner is very nice!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Staff is amazing! There is locker in the room. The location is really good to go to old town but a bit far to bus/train station. There was no hot water maybe a lot of people so just run out. But in this season It's OK just cold shower. Breakfast is really good! Sometimes traditional food,french toast,,,depends on the day.

The crib was grouse. Awesome atmosphere and location. Cool host and rooms were great. Showers were warm and it was just a great place to be

The Crib is the best place in the world. I didn't want to leave. Yotako is so kind, he looked after me when I was sick. He cured me with good vibes.

Great staff, good atmosphere-they really care about their guests.

Thats very kind. Thank you ;) best wishes, Yotsko.

The only suggestion I would have is to have more hooks (to hang towels/jackets/etc) in the room/bathrooms.

Very cosy, great ambience. We had great time at the Crib

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Bulgaria

Super good location, very nice breakfast :)

The owner of this hostel is more like a friend. He spent time with guest and tried to know the trvellers. It's so relaxed to talk with him. This hostel is very clean. The bed is so comfortable. Stable hot water in the bathroom. Kitchen is full equipment. Stable wifi. There's a great view on the roof top which you may have a BBQ. The breakfast is simple but delicious. Which was cooked by himself. I really enjoyed my time here. I will come back to Plovdiv for this lovely hostel :-)

Great hostel close to everything, the owner is a great guy and will help with any queries you might have.

Really relaxed place that makes it easy to meet other travellers. The owner is great and made awesome breakfast everyday!

There are only 2 showers and toilets. The shower and toilet are in the same room! If someone has a shower the water is all over the floor in the bathroom. The showers run from the sink where you wash your hands. The used toilet paper has to go in a bin instead of the toilet which wasn't very pleasent. The staff were really nice and help you out wherever they can. Nice hostel but the facilities were just a bit off for me.

Hi Douglas, thank you for your feedback. In total there are 4 showers and 5 toilets around the hostel. Some might say its logical to throw the toilet paper in a bin, after calling the plummer twice, keep in mind that theres a lot of toilet paper being spent on a daily basis :) We wish you all the best on your travels and meeting and discovering new / different cultures ;D did you use the mop and wipe up the bathroom floor after you showered?

Great hostel. Staff is helpful and willing to go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

• 12th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Best value for money ever! The owner cooked us brilliant breakfasts every morning, we were provided with everything we needed free of charge (towel, doona, sheets, pillow, pillowcase). Location is perfect and the area is safe! Couldn't recommend this place more!

Excellent hostel, and great staff - it was a comfortable place to stay in Plovdiv, with a perfect location and really good facilities. Highly recommended!

Good place to relax, meet people and have awesome barbecue with the guests and the staff. One of the best hostel I've ever been.

• 29th Apr 2015

Hi, we are thankful for your great feedback and rates. We started up the BBQ season and jam sessions on the balcony together :) great memories. Take care and see you next time around ;) Yotsko

The Crib was a really chill hostel. We enjoyed staying at it, but that is because the hostel was geared towards our age group of early twenties. Overall though, it was a pleasant stay.

Not very clean, had mold marks all over the walls. The sheets and beds were clean though. The kitchen was covered in garbage when I checked in as well. Did not want to stay my second night so I checked out early.

Staff is awesome, sir Ali is the man. Besides always offering good conversation , he took us out and showed us a great night out in plovdiv. Cosy common room and kitchen, nicely decorated. Bedrooms very nice and comfortable. Now the bad. Facilities really need some work. Downstairs felt half finished. Nobody has a key to the front door and we didn't even get keys to our room. Not cool. Probably would not stay here again, but would love to chill with Ali.

Hi guys. Thank you for your review. Nobody gets a key for the dorm rooms. For the 1st floor we do have keys ;) Ali was here briefly. Unfortunately he had to leave the crib for being the most irresponsible person we have EVER met. He was not a reliable character and was never considered as part of the staff. For talking his way around things and getting drunk (as you know), maybe a good chat for a couple of days - yes. The STAFF members of the crib are only trustworthy, reliable and responsible.

The team is really friendly and helpfull. They are always ready to help you and give you advices. The hostel is close to the center (3 min walking) ans there are baker, supermarket, restaurant and all that could be necessary around so that you dont need using neither bus nor taxi. They are offering a free good breakfast, free WLAN (WIFI). The ambiance is cool and respectful. Than despite everything is not completely perfect, for sure I will go choose the CRIB hostel if I travel again to Plovdiv.

• 17th Apr 2015

Thanks Gilles. We had an awesome time on the honey hunt around the Rodhopi Mountains. Great day trip. Thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to your return :) we have much more to explore around the Balkans :) Yotsko