The Crown Hotel & Bar Reviews

4 Market Place, Glastonbury, Glastonbury, England

Dirty kitchen with some cooking things unusable due to dust and fluff Ladies toilet on frfloor dirt Bathroom on second floor women's dorm dirty with hairs and shower cubicle with grey mouldy areas Drunken men standing around entrance impeding entry Brawls outside dorm window in the early hours, security not moving them on

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Chile

I think the bathroom was not cleaned the whole time I was there, location is fine easy to get to everything but I would not stay there over a Saturday as they have bands playing till late, thank the gods I left on that day, staff friendly enough and where helpful most that is, yes it is an old building so something's can't be helped but cleanliness should be improved, plus the bathroom fan as well before it goes bang, did ask!!!

• 1st Sep 2014

I did enjoy my stay and i slept well. Perfect location. The dorm could have done with the carpets steamed cleaned and it would have been nice to have a kettle in the room, tea and coffee.

matrasses were not good at all

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Spain
  • All Female Group, 41+

No room. Had booked back in April. Had sent an e-mail to the hostel early in morning to let them know I would be arriving a little later than they had been told at booking time. I arrived and after a long deliberation after finding their computerised booking system had me down on wrong dates learnt they were fully booked up except for the night I had arrived on. As a single female traveller who had visited for the first time I felt they were trying to resolve the mistake as best they could.

Great location, the place seemed a bit sketchy at first but it grew on me.

the staff out of this world had a great stay .we will be staying there again

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A very nice and clean hostel, I a little noisy from the pub beneath but it did not stop us sleeping. Great common area, very home like with everything you need! Located in the center with easy access to the shops, restraunts, pubs and the local scenery enclosing the rural life Museum and the Tor. Great stay for us!

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

The common area was really relaxing and nice. The location is great (really close to the abbey and an easy walk to the footpath to the tor) and the dorms were spacious. Only downside was checking in at the bar because there were some drunk guys that made it a bit uncomfortable. Would return though!

People were nice and friendly. But the room was particularly grubby. I've never seen a dirtier carpet.

• 23rd Jul 2014

If you have difficulty sleeping or need early-ish nights then this is not the place to stay. The dorms are only 2 floors up from the pub so you can hear everything until the pub closes at midnight. Sunday night the pub had a karaoke night on 'til midnight but Monday night was quite quiet. The staff were very nice and helpful and there is a large lounge area for meeting other guests which was good. Very large, well-equipped kitchen too. Beds are very basic and linen is very basic too.

• 20th Jul 2014

Busy hostel above a pub right in the centre of Glastonbury. Yet the dorms are on the top floor and guests were considerate. I slept really well. Nice big lounge and kitchen area too. Would stay again for sure.

The place is not a hostel buy rather rooms above a pub and so there were families and other random people staying there, not just backpackers.

Pleasant stay. No reservations about staying again.

• 29th May 2014

I love staying here ! It's near everything and it's fun. They have nice fish bowls and hot chocolate. The staff are really nice. The rooms are nice.

I liked the hostel, but the matresses in the beds felt like hammocks, and the bathroom needed new curtains in the shower, they smelled bad.

The room was clean and secure and the staff were really friendly and helpful

Great place at a great price. The staff were very friendly, the rooms immaculate. I've read in other reviews about the noise but as the hostel is above a pub then I think its reasonable that there will be some noise but it did not disturb me and I actually found it helpful as the Crown is one of he few places I could get a cup of coffee after midnight.. The shared facilities in the hostel lends itself well to good communication between the guests. I would stay there again.

• 21st Mar 2014