The Crown Hotel & Bar Reviews

4 Market Place, Glastonbury, Glastonbury, England

Great place to stay and great location.

Very clean facilities, excellent location and friendly staff. Very noisy on Friday night till late.

Had a lovely stay. Was nervous due to other reviews but found the dorm relatively clean and tidy. Bed was comfortable and warm. The Crown is an excellent location but was never too noisy even on Saturday night (although I brought ear plugs (recommended) so not sure what it would be like without). Staff were friendly and welcoming, even when I got shut out one morning. Thank you so much!

• 30th Apr 2015

It was ok. Only needed place to get a nights sleep. Not sure if I'd stay more than one night. Not the best of hostels but certainly not the worst.

I have been visiting this hostel for many a year, but this time I was disappointed (understatement) to find the place robbed of its former character by bouncers and biege rooms that felt cell like, rather than quirky and welcoming as they once were. We paid for an en suite; there was no toillet in the room (don't be fooled by that one) I will not stay there agian; it was depressing tp fond this placew, formerly at the heart of the town, to be commercialised and cold.

• 21st Feb 2015

poor quality, door wouldn't shut unless you slammed it shut, bar open till 2 am downstairs. out of date lounge and unfinished rooms nearby. the only good thing was the location.

Staff was very helpful and friendly. The security was brilliant and gave me extra peace of mind. I am very happy to stay again, any time.

• 17th Jan 2015

Lovely hostel with large sized rooms. Excellent kitchen and living room facilities. Great atmosphere and clean and tidy!

We booked an en- suite room. When we got to the room, it didn't have a loo - it had a shower and basin. My idea of en-suite is both! I wasn't sure about how clean the sheet was on the top bunk bed, so changed it with the bottom one!!

• 20th Dec 2014