The Crown Hotel & Bar Reviews

4 Market Place, Glastonbury, Glastonbury, England

poor quality, door wouldn't shut unless you slammed it shut, bar open till 2 am downstairs. out of date lounge and unfinished rooms nearby. the only good thing was the location.

Staff was very helpful and friendly. The security was brilliant and gave me extra peace of mind. I am very happy to stay again, any time.

• 17th Jan 2015

Lovely hostel with large sized rooms. Excellent kitchen and living room facilities. Great atmosphere and clean and tidy!

We booked an en- suite room. When we got to the room, it didn't have a loo - it had a shower and basin. My idea of en-suite is both! I wasn't sure about how clean the sheet was on the top bunk bed, so changed it with the bottom one!!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

very small triple room, horrible dirty shower, laud music coming from bar at night

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Poland

I was staying here for the Carnival and couldn't of found a better location. There is a large kitchen and lounge but the rest of the hostel is a bit dated. There wasn't too much going on in the pub at night except a bit of music on the pa and some people drinking/bit of a dance. However, it's good value and handy if you need to sleep over in Glastonbury.

Lovely, helpful, friendly staff - in a beautiful, old Glastonbury building. I could've just chilled in the bar downstairs allday - if there wasn't so much to get out and see.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Friendly and did the job! Would stay again and so close to events in the town.

• 25th Oct 2014

Such a bad experience here especially in a Friday or Saturday night!! Busy staff who made me said 30 mins to check in as well as about 5 others whilst the staff served beers at the bar.... Um okay. And it's a very feral place.

Dirty kitchen with some cooking things unusable due to dust and fluff Ladies toilet on frfloor dirt Bathroom on second floor women's dorm dirty with hairs and shower cubicle with grey mouldy areas Drunken men standing around entrance impeding entry Brawls outside dorm window in the early hours, security not moving them on

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Chile

I think the bathroom was not cleaned the whole time I was there, location is fine easy to get to everything but I would not stay there over a Saturday as they have bands playing till late, thank the gods I left on that day, staff friendly enough and where helpful most that is, yes it is an old building so something's can't be helped but cleanliness should be improved, plus the bathroom fan as well before it goes bang, did ask!!!

I did enjoy my stay and i slept well. Perfect location. The dorm could have done with the carpets steamed cleaned and it would have been nice to have a kettle in the room, tea and coffee.

matrasses were not good at all

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Spain
  • All Female Group, 41+

No room. Had booked back in April. Had sent an e-mail to the hostel early in morning to let them know I would be arriving a little later than they had been told at booking time. I arrived and after a long deliberation after finding their computerised booking system had me down on wrong dates learnt they were fully booked up except for the night I had arrived on. As a single female traveller who had visited for the first time I felt they were trying to resolve the mistake as best they could.

Great location, the place seemed a bit sketchy at first but it grew on me.

the staff out of this world had a great stay .we will be staying there again

• 30th Jul 2014