The Crown Hotel & Bar Reviews

4 Market Place, Glastonbury, Glastonbury, England

I booked for two non-consecutive nights but unfortunately couldn't make the second night (sorry). I enjoyed it. The staff were great! The dorm was fine and the facilities fine. I would have no hesitation staying again... in fact I'm about to book again, right now...! Thank you folks. You're doing a fine job.

I have stayed here several times. A great old-fashioned hostel with a very nice, large kitchen/common room. Good value for money. Would definitely stay again.

The door to outside was frequently not locked, so anyone from the street could have entered and gained access to kitchen and dining area, and could have tried to get it the bedrooms too. The wifi was often not available.

• 15th Jun 2015

Should be called "The Crown Bar & Hotel", the rooms really feel like an afterthought. Good kitchen facilities; both en suite and separate showers leave something to be desired. Excellent location; was serenaded by street players several days. A pair of mushrooms were growing in the carpet under radiator. Lousy WiFi signal - the only place I had a reliable signal was the hallway on the first floor where the bathrooms and lockers were. Luckily was not run into by anyone. Beds dipped in the middle.

Great place to stay and great location.

Very clean facilities, excellent location and friendly staff. Very noisy on Friday night till late.

Had a lovely stay. Was nervous due to other reviews but found the dorm relatively clean and tidy. Bed was comfortable and warm. The Crown is an excellent location but was never too noisy even on Saturday night (although I brought ear plugs (recommended) so not sure what it would be like without). Staff were friendly and welcoming, even when I got shut out one morning. Thank you so much!

• 30th Apr 2015

It was ok. Only needed place to get a nights sleep. Not sure if I'd stay more than one night. Not the best of hostels but certainly not the worst.

I have been visiting this hostel for many a year, but this time I was disappointed (understatement) to find the place robbed of its former character by bouncers and biege rooms that felt cell like, rather than quirky and welcoming as they once were. We paid for an en suite; there was no toillet in the room (don't be fooled by that one) I will not stay there agian; it was depressing tp fond this placew, formerly at the heart of the town, to be commercialised and cold.

• 21st Feb 2015