The Crown Hotel & Bar Reviews

4 Market Place, Glastonbury, Glastonbury, England

People were nice and friendly. But the room was particularly grubby. I've never seen a dirtier carpet.

• 23rd Jul 2014

If you have difficulty sleeping or need early-ish nights then this is not the place to stay. The dorms are only 2 floors up from the pub so you can hear everything until the pub closes at midnight. Sunday night the pub had a karaoke night on 'til midnight but Monday night was quite quiet. The staff were very nice and helpful and there is a large lounge area for meeting other guests which was good. Very large, well-equipped kitchen too. Beds are very basic and linen is very basic too.

• 20th Jul 2014

Busy hostel above a pub right in the centre of Glastonbury. Yet the dorms are on the top floor and guests were considerate. I slept really well. Nice big lounge and kitchen area too. Would stay again for sure.

The place is not a hostel buy rather rooms above a pub and so there were families and other random people staying there, not just backpackers.

Pleasant stay. No reservations about staying again.

• 29th May 2014

I love staying here ! It's near everything and it's fun. They have nice fish bowls and hot chocolate. The staff are really nice. The rooms are nice.

I liked the hostel, but the matresses in the beds felt like hammocks, and the bathroom needed new curtains in the shower, they smelled bad.

The room was clean and secure and the staff were really friendly and helpful

Great place at a great price. The staff were very friendly, the rooms immaculate. I've read in other reviews about the noise but as the hostel is above a pub then I think its reasonable that there will be some noise but it did not disturb me and I actually found it helpful as the Crown is one of he few places I could get a cup of coffee after midnight.. The shared facilities in the hostel lends itself well to good communication between the guests. I would stay there again.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Wales

as I was working nights I got disturbed x 2 so pretty much the whole stay ( first morning 21st feb was woken up at 11:30am by the cleaner and I was the only person left in the dorm at the time) the second morning 22nd feb was woken up by new arrival who was loud in coming back and for showing no consideration . I would not recommend due to the poor service and inconsideration of some individuals but on the whole was average so thank you.