8.7
Fabulous 1,351 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,351 Total Reviews
The Cuba Hostel Located at Kazanskaya str. 5, , St Petersburg.
Russia
St Petersburg 191186 Kazanskaya str. 5
87% 1351
59.9332100 30.3222012
    Rooms available

13th Jan 2017
7.7

The location of the hostel is great, beside Kazan Cathedral, if you are new to the hostel its actually big steel red door that allows you in, but the hostel will provide all the details anyway. The staff in were very helpful, only thing I would advise is to speak clear and concise English, as (slang english) won't really be understood. The hostel itself has everything you need, probably not the cleanest place, but its is dirt cheap, right in the city centre.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
4th Jan 2017
6.3

Although the B&B had good location and the boy who spoke with us when we arrived there was very friendly and he helped us....I didn't like nothing the bed, very uncomfortable, and the people that was there made too much noise. Usually, when you go to B&B's, you can see a paper where is written "Please, don't make noise from 23h". But the people that was there ignored it; they made noise at 00h, 1am, 2am, 3am.....We had to look for another place after the third day because was impossible to sleep

3rd Jan 2017
7.4

I spent here 3 nights. The location is great and everything is in the walking distance - museums, restaurants, bars and metro. The staff is very friendly but unfortunately cleanliness is something they should care about. the floor in the dorm stayed disgusting during all my staying and they give you clean bed sheets but you will have to use the same dirty blanket. Overall an ok experience for a short staying but I'm sure you can find something better for the same range of price.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

I found this a fantastic hostel with lovely very friendly staff. My only fault of the hostel was that it was difficult to find as there is no sign on or above the door. If I had not read on the website regarding the Office pub I never would have found the hostel. I realy enjoyed my experience at cuba hostel.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
24th Sep 2016
7.4

Great location, cheapest hoste we could find. Very good value for the price. Could be cleaner, but you're staying in the cheapest hostel so just count your money, Scrooge.

24th Sep 2016
8.0

It's fine. Not much social atmosphere, I would probably not go here alone but thankfully had a friend to accompany me to Russia. The whole place has a weird smell but is otherwise very clean. Some of the info is wrong/outdated like the walking tours. Great central location. Beds aren't that comfortable.

• England, Male, 25-30
18th Aug 2016

This was an excellent themed hostel in Saint Petersburg. I arrived early on the sleeper train from Moscow, too early to check in but I was able to use the shower and facilities, then leave my luggage in storage and return to check in later. They were also very helpful with booking a taxi when I went to the airport.

• Greece, Mixed Group, 25-30
12th Aug 2016

This hostel is located in the heart of Saint Petersburg on the vibrant and lively Kazansky street! The atmosphere is cool and friendly!! The stuff was completely helpful- thank you Roksana your suggestions for sightseeing, bars and everything we asked were excellent and completely accurate ! We totally reccomend this hostel especially for easy-going backpackers aiming to socialize and feel the vibes of the city that never sleeps!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
10th Aug 2016

A safe bet! Friendly and professional staff that are Good at helping fellow travellers. Hostel is bright, happy and well furnished. My only complaint would be those bunk beds! The mattress is curved like a Banana and will give you awesome back aches. If you want a good room book anything smaller than the 10 bed dorm. I felt jealous seeing how Good the other rooms were.

• Lithuania, Male, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

Very good hostel in perfect location