The CubaHostel Reviews

Kazanskaya str. 5, St Petersburg, Russia

Its very central and, here, you can actually afford a two-bed bedroom. However, the showers are disgusting and on one evening, there was no water available. The staff was friendly. But that you have to simply lay your keys on the reception counter when you want to leave is not genuinely secure. All in all, after a hostel desaster in Moscow, we were very pleased staying in Cuba Hostel.

• 30th Mar 2014

cute little rooms; sinks are more or less in a main area and showers as well... but: AAAAAMAZING STAFF! celebrated new years with them and it was just AWESOME! Thank you soooo much for that great time! made it really special!

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Austria

perfectly well located in the city center. Close to St sauveur, st isaac and the ermitage museum!

Overall this is a great hostel, everything was very clean and cozy. The showers always had hot water, the toilets always had toilet paper (seriously this has been an issue in other hostels) and the staff was always helpful. The atmosphere was very calm since there were mostly families staying there, very close to the city centre (GREAT LOCATION). They offer a locker but you have to ask for it, and I think they have a kitchen and luggage room that I never used.

• 24th Dec 2013

Great Hostel! Great Value, great location! Cool decor, nice rooms w/ plenty of space.

• 13th Dec 2013

Great staff who are pleasant and easy to talk to. I loved living there!

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Russia

My favourite hostel during my trip to Russia. Perfectly central, great employees, and I love that you can have guests inside until 11pm. The kitchen was well stocked and rooms were spacious. Just a bit cold at night time.

Some of the staff were not very helpful, we organised a free walking tour through them and they sent us to the wrong land mark to start the tour. When we mentioned this to the tour guide she said it happened a lot. They did provide some info on where things where which was helpful but messing the free tour up left a bad taste in our mouths as it wasted our limited time here.

Great Hostel in the heart of Saint-Petersburg close to every main touristic attractions and most importantly, Nyevskiy Prospekt! The crowd was great, you had people from all over the world thanks to SPB's visa free regime for arrivals by boat. Probably the best hostel I have stayed in Russia. Much different than hostels in smaller Russian cities where you don't meet any people. Great facilities, large lockers that fit a backpack, free coffee. Will stay back next time I visit.

View all St Petersburg Hostels