The CubaHostel Reviews

Kazanskaya str. 5, St Petersburg, Russia

Overall a very pleasant stay. I wish there was a sign announcing the hostel name as it was hard to find without Google maps. The entrance to the hostel building was sketchy. I thoroughly this hostel thing was fake and I would mugged perhaps a little sign pointing to the third floor and a basic clean up and paint job would do the trick. The location is excellent close everything of major interest.

Really cool place, great atmosphere and located right in the heart of Saint Petersburg!

I had a lovely stay at the CubaHostel. The staff is lovely and speak many languages (russian of course, english, german and even french!), they are really nice and helpful!

• 23rd Jun 2015

I spent some lovely days in St. Petersburg during the white nights and stayes in this sympahtic hostel. Super nice staff, sweet kitchen, good organized, free tea, good spirit :) The hostels location is perfect. It is close to the main attractions in St. Petersburg. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 19th Jun 2015

great place to stay. lived up to the hype other people had given it. very secure, and a great atmosphere. all employees spoke great english and are very helpful. showers have plenty of hot water, but be careful not to mess with the settings too much or other people will lose their heat. right near everything too, and some great local food. i would recommend this hostel to everyone travelling russia. place is a bit expensive, but that is to be expected in st petersburg

nice place. had everything I needed. reception was useful for a late flight. hostel was chilled out sort of place

One of the best hostels I have been to. I will definitely come back

What a stuff! What an atmosphere! CubaHostel was definetely one of the best hostels i stayed. When I first arrived there i had been robbed in a Russion pub and when i told this to the stuff they made everything they could do. They called the Russion police, talked to them. They made like 10 calls and received by the police dep. The girl at the recption (so sorry for forgeting your name) even gave her passaport information to the police and got herself involved to the case. Thanks millions guys!

This hostel has a perfect location, just couple metres from Nevskij Prospekt. Easy to find. There are two floors, it is clean, good and helpful staff, amazing atmosphere. There are three WC and shower rooms, only just two sinks in the hall. So this is interesting :). Only one thing with registration, there is no mention about registration payment, this payment is not included in the price per night. Overall excellent 9/10.

The staff is really friendly and helpful!

The staff at CubaHostel were super friendly and helpful. The hostel is nice and it is in a good location. I'd stay there again for sure.

The best hostel I have ever been in my life! The staff treated me like their daughter! The girls from reception are amazing!! Location amazing, everything! I love Russia!

Wow, what a nice hostel you girls run!! I really loved staying with you, there is such a nice atmosphere around and you are so help full 10+I will rate you..

The location is PERFECT! 10 minute walk to the Hermitage, Church on Spilled Blood, and right next to the most central metro station. This was a really social hostel and I enjoyed my stay. Staff were very helpful and were available all hours of the day.

Stood here with a friend for a week. this hostel has the best personnell ever. We had some problems with our luggages and the girls helped us out with a smile. We booked a private room (two single beds); the room was clean but maybe a little "basic" - there was not much place where to store our clothes (no shelves and just two tiny cabinets). however our experience at cubahostel has been more than good. Thank you guys!

• 28th May 2015

stayed here for 9 nights, great location, gets cleaned every day, very helpful and friendly staff.

• 9th May 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Please add dark courtains to the windows! Turn the heat down! The staff was very kind and helpfull

I really enjoyed my stay at Cubahostel (on my very first solo trip). I booked for 5 nights through Hostelworld.com, but upon arrival found out that only 1 night was reserved. Luckily, it was no problem to stay for the additional nights. Facilities were good and clean, most of the staff was really nice and helpful. What's great about this hostel is its location, close to Nevsky Propekt and the metro station of the same name. All in all, a great experience, especially for the price.

• 7th May 2015
  • Belgium

great place.. good time spent

• 7th May 2015
  • Turkey

Friendly and very helpful staff, awesome location 5mn away from anything you'll want to visit, probably one of the best hostel in St Petersburg! Half the staff speaks fluent french in addition to English, might be helpful for some ;)

View all St Petersburg Hostels