The CubaHostel Reviews

Kazanskaya str. 5, St Petersburg, Russia

I had a great stay. Only things that could be improved: I dont understand the rationale for the room key system. Why is it necessary to check them every time we leave? And move over, to get a key, all you have to do it ask the person at the desk. That person has no way of knowing if it is your room or not. Your system seemed both inconvenient and less secure. Also, it would be nice to have large, metal lockers in the room that we can use our own locks on. But overall, great place. Thanks

• 30th Jul 2014

Location is good, near to most site in St Petersburg, 10 min walk from nearest subway though. There were much mosquitos in the dorm. Its annoying sound woke me up almost every 2-3 hours and couldn't sleep well at all. Stuff was nice except a guy at reception who seemed annoyed when I asked things. Kitchen is clean but quite small and poor. There is only one table for many people so if it's busy time, you won't get a table to eat.

Thank you for review, we are 24/7 at the reception not only to Check-in and to Check-out we are there ready to help you and to give an advises about our hostel as well as about our City. So, come and tell us "There are mosquitos in the room!" You would immediately received a special devise which you can plug-in in your room while sleeping. As period of mosquitos changes we give that device only up-to request.

Great location great staff great kitchen. Rooms were boiling in summer. No air con, fans or ventilation. Beds very uncomfortable.

Great hostel- everything you could ask for, social, friendly staff, great facilities, great location. Wasn't blown away by St. Petersburg but the people I met in this hostel definitely made it for me.

This was a great hostel. Perfect location. 10 minute walk to the Hermitage. The staff were helpful and pleasant. I would stay here again

The staff was extraordinary friendly and gave us good tips for restaurants and other activities.

• 18th Jul 2014

Very good and cozy hostel with helpful staff and superb location. The room was okay, nothing to complain about. Toilets and shower cabins could have been a bit bigger.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Big hostel in a fantastic location just off Nevsky and close to lots of nightlife and restaurants. Well designed common areas but a bit lacking in atmosphere when I visited.

Sad ambiance , hostel manager ( I don't remember her name ) makes you feel uncomfortable .. she looks upset and seems anything the guests are doing irritates her ..

Nice hostel, nice location but no fun

Great location next to the Kazan cathedral and just a short walk from the Church of Christ the Savior on Spilled Blood, too. Also, close to the Hermitage and St. Isaac's. Overall the location makes this place totally worth the stay. Other than a weird incident on my last night when some drunk British dudes were being mondo loud and one even opened the door to my room and yelled something incoherent, I didn't have a single negative experience with it. The other folk staying there were cool, too.

Cuba Hostel is a rather average hostel, but it really stands out when it comes to its staff and location. It is located within walking distance of just about every sight worth seeing in St. Petersburg. The staff proved to be extremely helpful when I tried to travel to Tallinn via the border city of Ivangorod, which is a small nightmare if you don't speak Russian fluently, but entirely possible due to the help of the receptionist. Thanks!

Amazing location, so close to everything! Facilities were really great however the common room and kitchen was a bit small - aside from that awesome hostel :)

We stayed during the "white nights" in san Petersburg, the best period to is it the city! The atmosphere at Cuba ostel was great! Cool and friendly people! The only problem is that there isn't a proper bathroom.. I would suggest this accommodation: the position is actually top!!

• 30th Jun 2014

I loved the staff, nice, and sweet. I would go back just for meeting them.

Good hostel, central and close to metro

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Chile

The only disadvantage is that maybe the bus stop / metro station is some walk away, not right by the hostel. Everything else is excellent.

Merely the best hostel I've been to so far. Really big and comfy, perfect location and most of all perfect mood! Met so many amazing people in there in only one week, and the staff was so cool and helpful. Would come back without any doubt! See you soon I hope! Vincent

• 25th Jun 2014

Great hostel :) I spent really good time there!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Extremely helpful staff, we had a very good stay. It was a bit noisy until late at night, but it was OK for us as we were very late to go to bed and too tired to be disturbed :)

• 21st Jun 2014