The CubaHostel Reviews

Kazanskaya str. 5, St Petersburg, Russia

This is one of the best hostel I have ever stayed ! Perfect location and the staff members are amazing ! Specially Oksana! She is super nice and helps you w anything you need ! I booked only 2 days to see if I was gona like it and end up staying 10 days ! The beds are comfy and the location can't be any better ! Definitely would come back to this hostel ! Def an A plus hostel !

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Friendly personel and at a great location all you need to spent a couple of days to explore the city! I enjoyed my stay, immensily

The Hostel is really good located. The Staff is really helpful and nice. Toilets could be working better. Maybe more space for relaxing. And a bigger sign to find the way to the Hostel.

• 10th Jun 2014

Cubahostel was a perfect place to stay in St. Petersburg for a week. Everything worked well. Location is great, just in the center, staff was very helpful and they gave me good tips where to go. Like the one really cool cafeteria Vanilla Closet, just around the corner. Really worth for a visit. Such a good coffee and sweets, and most lovely staff :)

Pretty good! Could use a bigger kitchen though. Staff were friendly and the hostel was pretty clean.

Probably the best Hostel I've ever stayed at! Great location, good facilities, excellent atmosphere and even better staff! They were the nicest people we've met in Russia, so helpful and nice! Will definitely go back.

Nice and convenient place. There are a lot of talkative foreiners and only few Russian people. It is an interesting location to stay.

Well situated, nice people, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in St-Petersburg to party. We had the bedroom right next to the reception area / common room, and it was impossibly loud until past midnight (music and loud talks, and it was a regular week day). Not reassured by the laconic answer of the night shift receptionist that "*hopefully*, it will be more quiet tomorrow", we decided to move to another hotel the next day. They made no problem at all giving us our money back.

Great atmosphere! Staff was really nice.

• 26th May 2014
  • Spain

it was my first experience staying in hostel, and i like it so much!!! the metro was close to the hostel(around 5-7 min by walk), clean rooms, a lot of bathrooms !!!(so, you can just jump in ...without waiting)! and i was impressed of people, which came from different sides of the world exactly in this hostel) so.. i recommend it to everybody for staying here;)

• 15th May 2014
  • Russia

I've traveled far and wide, in the last 20 years, This place is one of the best places I've stayed.

• 15th May 2014

One of the best hostel ever!

Very good hostel for this money. Highly recommended. It is right in the city center on Nevskiy peospect very close to metro and Neva river.

It's the best hostel I've ever been ! Seriously ! We'd celebrated my hen night in St. Petersburg with my 7 girlfriends and everything was perfect! Location (by the Kazan Cathedral), neighbors, so, everything ! We had only one problem- only one hairdryer this hostel has:) I hope that the administration will correct it and buy at least one more hair dryer :) Thanks for these two nights!!! Marina.

• 9th May 2014

Nice and friendly

• 9th May 2014
  • Russia

Pros: close to the main avenue; most attractions are nearby; friendly staff. Cons: extremely noisy, specially at nights (there are several bars downstairs and you can hear everything from the rooms); i found the hostel boring.

Decent place, nice vibe, friendly staff, close to everything.

Helpful staff, excellent location. 10 minutes from Palace Square.

Very convenient location with friendly staff even though one of them is little bit mechanic somehow. A good choice for those young backpackers who wants to meet new friends around the globe. It would be better if the tap can be more easily accessible in the shower rooms.

Great location and seemed like a bit of a party hostel rather than the quiets sorts.

View all St Petersburg Hostels