The CubaHostel Reviews

Kazanskaya str. 5, St Petersburg, Russia

Nice hostel, nice location but no fun

Great location next to the Kazan cathedral and just a short walk from the Church of Christ the Savior on Spilled Blood, too. Also, close to the Hermitage and St. Isaac's. Overall the location makes this place totally worth the stay. Other than a weird incident on my last night when some drunk British dudes were being mondo loud and one even opened the door to my room and yelled something incoherent, I didn't have a single negative experience with it. The other folk staying there were cool, too.

Cuba Hostel is a rather average hostel, but it really stands out when it comes to its staff and location. It is located within walking distance of just about every sight worth seeing in St. Petersburg. The staff proved to be extremely helpful when I tried to travel to Tallinn via the border city of Ivangorod, which is a small nightmare if you don't speak Russian fluently, but entirely possible due to the help of the receptionist. Thanks!

Amazing location, so close to everything! Facilities were really great however the common room and kitchen was a bit small - aside from that awesome hostel :)

We stayed during the "white nights" in san Petersburg, the best period to is it the city! The atmosphere at Cuba ostel was great! Cool and friendly people! The only problem is that there isn't a proper bathroom.. I would suggest this accommodation: the position is actually top!!

• 30th Jun 2014

I loved the staff, nice, and sweet. I would go back just for meeting them.

Good hostel, central and close to metro

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Chile

The only disadvantage is that maybe the bus stop / metro station is some walk away, not right by the hostel. Everything else is excellent.

Merely the best hostel I've been to so far. Really big and comfy, perfect location and most of all perfect mood! Met so many amazing people in there in only one week, and the staff was so cool and helpful. Would come back without any doubt! See you soon I hope! Vincent

• 25th Jun 2014

Great hostel :) I spent really good time there!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Extremely helpful staff, we had a very good stay. It was a bit noisy until late at night, but it was OK for us as we were very late to go to bed and too tired to be disturbed :)

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Spain

CubaHostel is located right in the center of Saint Petersburg within walking distance to everthing!! The staff is extremely helpful and really nice. They helped us book theater tickets, give us directions and ideas. They all spoke english too which is not very common in Russia. They have someone who cleans the bathrooms and common areas everyday. They have a decent kitchen with a stove, microwave and refrigerator. The rooms are very spascious. Overall it was a great experience at CubaHostel.

• 20th Jun 2014

отличное расположение, достаточно чистые номера, но надолго задерживаться не стоит))

Third time in Cubahostel, and as always enjoyed people there, both staff and guests! The location is perfect, the rooms/bathrooms are clean and the place is rather calm regarding to the area!

It was my second stay at CubaHostel. The location is perfect! Friendly atmosphere,people from different countries,excellent value for money. If I visit St.petersburg again I'll definitely choose CubaHostel

Hostel is very well located to all the major attractions. Very friendly staff speaks good english providing all the information. Toilets are a bit small but this should not be reason to put off this hostel. I would suggest to rewrite the directions to the hostel and the location of the building. I arrived early in the morning and was banging the door on 4th floor but the reception was at the 3rd floor. It would be helpful to write the word " Reception" on the main hostel entrance.

Great hostel! Great staff! I will definitely stay there again.

Was very accomidating when it came to reducing my stay time. Would highly recommend

Excellent location. It is located in 5 mins distance from main street of st.petersburg and next to Kazan cathedral. There is a woman who can speak French and many french people come here.

This is one of the best hostel I have ever stayed ! Perfect location and the staff members are amazing ! Specially Oksana! She is super nice and helps you w anything you need ! I booked only 2 days to see if I was gona like it and end up staying 10 days ! The beds are comfy and the location can't be any better ! Definitely would come back to this hostel ! Def an A plus hostel !

• 13th Jun 2014