The Dancing Eesti Reviews

Sauna street 1, apartment 5, Tallinn, Estonia

The place is very dirty, bathrooms and showers. The doors barely lock and the noise can be heard everywhere. The other guests does not respect the quite time, which makes it difficult to sleep.

super central location in old town, staff friendly, pretty cool interiors and bar. unfortunately the toilets were super dirty and the shower drain was blocked. doors were open in the nights so we did not feel safe. overall it would make a great and pretty cool hostel if a minimum standard of cleanliness and safety standards would be given. sadly, like this, I would not come again.

no card accepted, overall cleanliness poor, windows don't properly insulate

• 31st Dec 2015

Nice and cozy hostel in the very old town! Friendly and helpful staff, bar at the hostel sells quite cheap drinks all night, great place to socialize and to met nice people!

My first experience sleeping in hostel in Estonia!! ( Because I am estonian) Cool place, everything what you need, free Wifi Friendly staff, cheap alcohol and they allow visitors for short time, cool, cool

Fun place,great hipsterish' design feel. Reminded me of Berlin,street art was just great. Facilities were basic but I loved it, its what you wanna get out of this city

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Spain

I don't normally leave reviews, but I like these guys.This was my third hostel in Tallinn and the only one available on the weekend. Staff took the time to help me with my problems and booked me flight tickets. The other hostels I stayed in were rated over 9, but I enjoyed here more. Staff helpful. Internet 100MB speed and lockers. The hostel had proper heating which was lacked elsewhere. Its downside was loud on Friday night and I wasn't there to party,also some things could be upgraded

• 11th Dec 2015

Perfect location, nice people....what else do you need....plus you not gonna find a cheaper place with better location.

• Hungary

Definately good value for money.Just loved that the nightlife literally happening around me. Great place for partying. Cool,chilled and helpful staff.Decided to stay for few more nights.

• Sweden

Located in the heart of the old town.very convenient convenient location to walk around the sights.

• Swaziland

Nice staff, just a bit noisy at night. good for party. but overall is good.

We stayed here for one night and it wasn't the best. It was difficult to locate the hostel from the directions given. The hostel itself was like a maze and hard to navigate. About half of the lights in the place didn't work. It was very noisy until about 4am due to the nightclub downstairs. The bathrooms looked very old and in need of repair. However, we had a private room which wasn't so bad for the price and when we eventually found the hostel, we realised it was in an ideal location.

This place is disgusting!!! Been to over 60 countries and I have never seen anything like this! Disco on the lower level so literally no sleep all night.! No staff available just to check in take r money and off you go. 'Deluxe 4 bed dorm' with extremely worn out mattress! Awful experience....

The real let down of this place is the staff- or lack of. No one is ever at reception, so even when you first arrive at the time indicated there might just be a note saying you'll have to wait a couple of hours. Then, if a guest doesn't let you in you're stuck on the street and can't even get in the building! Multiple people were given keys that didn't work in the front door, again leaving you stuck outside. A plus is the location and number of showers/toilets (although dirty). Lots of potential

Very durty, noisy space. Room was just horrible. Not recommanded at all. Pass your way

The hostel is well situated, though the tips to find the hostel need a bit of updating. Room was ok. There was no hot water from the shower. If you plan on staying in the hostel in the weekend make sure to take earplugs with you, as there are a couple of nightclubs downstairs which keep on running until 6 AM.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Finland

The dancing eesti was impossible to locate but in a very central location. Its insides are a labyrinth too. The rooms were kept tidy however and staff (biigit) was amusing and did a brilliant unofficial bar crawl. Security is average as the main door is left open most of the time.