The Dancing Eesti Reviews

1 Vaike Karja street building 5, Tallinn, Estonia

The building smells really moldy! My friend who has worked in a moldy environment got bad symptoms during our two night visit and wouldn't have managed without her asthma pipe. So if you're a sensitive person, have asthma etc., don't book this hostel!! Otherwise the place was okay, a bit dirty but cheap and well located.

One of the worst hostels I ever stayed at! Really dirty and basically everything is broken. They "fix" doors, windows and walls by nailing planks to it. Also the bathrooms were broken. The staff has absolutely no clue and the organisation is really chaotic. They rent our more beds than they have, so if you come late you have to sleep on some sofa or matress. Moreover there is a pub/night club in the closeby, on Saturday night there was loud music and screaming up to 6 in the morning.

Terrible!!! Unclean, staff unpolite, toilettes durty. Don't go.

My dear old thing! What an absolutely splendid romp around the delightful city of Tallinn. Chugging the Spitfires and Pedigrees! This establishment was delightful. Superb company, charming staff and a location more perfect than the Long Room balcony! My dear fellow! There was an incident involving a ghastly Italian lady. Accusing my chums and the staff of being rude and impolite. It was all very unsavoury i must say.

I've been at this hostel a few weeks, what I can say is it's got a great location. Staff also are helpful and atmosphere family like. The only problem I have had is when different groups of Spanish guests were here. They were loud and dirty with no respect for others. On each occassion staff were almost slaves to their childlike behavior and other guests got neglected. One occassion a group was thrown out though which other guests welcomed. I would suggest to raise prices and have stricter rules

The keys for the building and rooms are pretty awkward to get used to, other guests also had issues. Struggling to gain access to the building in the early hours of the morning in an alleyway isn't the most pleasant experience. There was only 1 staff who wasn't always around which wasn't ideal (like when we were arriving etc). The hostel has the potential to be so much better as it has a unique style and layout and a cool bar, but that wasn't in use as staff wasn't around much. Improve bathrooms

Just fun times. I try to book in here whenever I am in the baltics. Location is unbeatable as is the bar with its live football games and friendly staff. On the weekends it is normaly very busy and unbeatable and I would not recommend for non backpackers or travellers. Only drawback this time was they were building new showers and this got in the way a bit. Value is unbeatable

I recommend to hang on the door of entrance to the hostel the sign with the name. To find the entrance impossible.

• 17th May 2014
  • Russia

There are obviously things which weren't perfect, some far from perfect, but one must remember that this is a budget hostel. I managed to lose my bank card during my stay in Tallinn and Deniz was kind of enough to let me stay a night without pre-paying whilst I sorted out some cash. For the very cheap price it was everything I needed, and everything one should expect. If you want more, you should expect to pay more.

• 10th May 2014

I would like to express my dissatisfaction with staying at Dancing Eesti. The room that was offered to me and my friend was absolutely unappropriate for living. Ther was no furniture in the room, it was cold and...there was NO LIGHT!!!! The linen is not changed. It stinks... The receptionist showed his indiffernce to the guests, made us wait very long time, and eventually forgot about us... The only plus of the hostel is its location, right in the city center.

• 9th May 2014
  • Russia

Toilets were quite dirty and the beds were not cleaned well, stray hair strands and no bed linen provided.. Location however was convenient.

• 8th May 2014
  • Singapore

Bed linen extremely,disgusting stinky (it was so stinky that I woke up during the night couple of times because of this smell). Toilettes looks like have NEVER been cleaned before. Small and unclean, smelly bathrooms. It was extremely cheap also. And location is perfect. Many nice roomates inside. I would give 2 points in 5 points scale. If I would stay there a few days more I would buy Domestos and pour it to the toillets as first person ever there.

I don't recommend dorm is above disco but still it could be a virtues for some.

Perfectly functional hostel, but doesn't really offer much outside of a place to sleep. Little in the way of a social vibe. Definitely a party hostel, but don't expect the hostel to help you out with your partying.

WORST HOSTEL EVER! It is really dificult to find, You are suposed to warn the hostel if you arrive after 23.00, we did it, nobody was waiting for us at 1.00 on the night, not phone answer The sheets were DIRTY, toilets a MESS, showers dirty. after asking, we left our bags on the "reception"And when we came back, surprise, my bag and my friend's bag where disapeared. the owner said that was not his fault, that he was not responsable at all. We where arguing for a long, UNPOLITE STAFF!

Great hostel with perfect location! Awesome bar and very nice staff!!

Great staff, no problems. This is a real hostel and I had a great stay.

Friendly staff, excellent location, super-low price - what else does a traveller need? I fell in love with the hostel's big kitchen and comfy couches. The hostel itself has a unique atmosphere. Pretty quiet during week and a little bit too loud during weekends, but I guess this is a kind of place young people are looking for. Plus all the best Tallinn bars are next street. Anyway, I would highly recommend this place and I'm totally coming back there.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Estonia

Excellent location. Staff was very helpful and extremely pleasant.

Very friendly place, the atmosphere was fun and located in an amazing central location! Worth the price!

• 21st Feb 2014