The Dancing Eesti Reviews

Sauna street 1, apartment 5, Tallinn, Estonia

Really nice and helpful staff but often hard to get hold of. Place is good for a budget accommodation but quite noisy depending on what room you get. It was fine overall, but I would probably stay somewhere else the next time.

The Dancing Eesti was a really nice place to stay. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Great location, all pubs, shops and restaurants are nearby. I slept like a baby there even though it can be a bit noisy on the weekends.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Estonia

The worst Hostel experience ever, this place should be closed ,,, it doesn't have the minimum standards to have people in: Really dirty, disgusting bathroooms, not changed linens ,not helping personel (don't care about nothing) .... stay away to save your holiday.

While I stayed there they were renovating the bathrooms down stairs. Wonderful place to meet people and it's right in the center of old town :)

Well happy with this place, in a great part of the old town near my favorite pub, nice rooms, staff and bar. Lots of people from all over the world socializing which was really nice. It's a very cool building too.

Decent for solo travelers, I read the horrible reviews before and checked it out for myself, good oven in kitchen, smells a little old too, it Is an old old building and they could one more staff but if you're not a princess than you should be just fine! I would stay there again no problem!

The worst hostel I have ever seen. I felt I was bothering the staff just to be there. Actually, the staff seemed to be "in another world". They didn't have towels, the door was open without security and I asked for a towel and they didn't have... There is no one in the bar, and the access to the hostel through the bar is horrible. They didn't have wifi in the rooms and they told me to use the one from the nearest hostel.

Perfect little party place. Staff is really friendly, especially the manager little blonde girl with tattoos, she was called B. She was so friendly and did everything for everyone all the time. I feel sorry for the hostel about such negative rewievs cause the place is amazing and they make sure you are okay all the time. She showed me map, took me out and even cooked for guests. And they have a big bar where we chilled and had great laugh. Above all perfect location.Thanks a lot guys ;)

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Difficult to find the hostel. No towels, no light in our private room. Lot of noise by night.

• 24th Jul 2014

If you need an affordable hostel in the oldtown of Tallinn that offers double rooms as well as a possibility to wash your clothes - the dancing Eesti is for you :-) However be aware that the place is somewhat run down and the (small) staff is strained to manage all chores (i.e. on our arrival we had to wait about 15 minutes outside the hostel until someone opend the doors for us)

The building smells really moldy! My friend who has worked in a moldy environment got bad symptoms during our two night visit and wouldn't have managed without her asthma pipe. So if you're a sensitive person, have asthma etc., don't book this hostel!! Otherwise the place was okay, a bit dirty but cheap and well located.

One of the worst hostels I ever stayed at! Really dirty and basically everything is broken. They "fix" doors, windows and walls by nailing planks to it. Also the bathrooms were broken. The staff has absolutely no clue and the organisation is really chaotic. They rent our more beds than they have, so if you come late you have to sleep on some sofa or matress. Moreover there is a pub/night club in the closeby, on Saturday night there was loud music and screaming up to 6 in the morning.

Terrible!!! Unclean, staff unpolite, toilettes durty. Don't go.

My dear old thing! What an absolutely splendid romp around the delightful city of Tallinn. Chugging the Spitfires and Pedigrees! This establishment was delightful. Superb company, charming staff and a location more perfect than the Long Room balcony! My dear fellow! There was an incident involving a ghastly Italian lady. Accusing my chums and the staff of being rude and impolite. It was all very unsavoury i must say.

I've been at this hostel a few weeks, what I can say is it's got a great location. Staff also are helpful and atmosphere family like. The only problem I have had is when different groups of Spanish guests were here. They were loud and dirty with no respect for others. On each occassion staff were almost slaves to their childlike behavior and other guests got neglected. One occassion a group was thrown out though which other guests welcomed. I would suggest to raise prices and have stricter rules

The keys for the building and rooms are pretty awkward to get used to, other guests also had issues. Struggling to gain access to the building in the early hours of the morning in an alleyway isn't the most pleasant experience. There was only 1 staff who wasn't always around which wasn't ideal (like when we were arriving etc). The hostel has the potential to be so much better as it has a unique style and layout and a cool bar, but that wasn't in use as staff wasn't around much. Improve bathrooms

Just fun times. I try to book in here whenever I am in the baltics. Location is unbeatable as is the bar with its live football games and friendly staff. On the weekends it is normaly very busy and unbeatable and I would not recommend for non backpackers or travellers. Only drawback this time was they were building new showers and this got in the way a bit. Value is unbeatable

I recommend to hang on the door of entrance to the hostel the sign with the name. To find the entrance impossible.

• 17th May 2014
  • Russia

There are obviously things which weren't perfect, some far from perfect, but one must remember that this is a budget hostel. I managed to lose my bank card during my stay in Tallinn and Deniz was kind of enough to let me stay a night without pre-paying whilst I sorted out some cash. For the very cheap price it was everything I needed, and everything one should expect. If you want more, you should expect to pay more.

• 10th May 2014

I would like to express my dissatisfaction with staying at Dancing Eesti. The room that was offered to me and my friend was absolutely unappropriate for living. Ther was no furniture in the room, it was cold and...there was NO LIGHT!!!! The linen is not changed. It stinks... The receptionist showed his indiffernce to the guests, made us wait very long time, and eventually forgot about us... The only plus of the hostel is its location, right in the city center.

• 9th May 2014