The Dictionary Hostel, Shoreditch, London

Very Good 2201 Total Reviews

• Germany, All Female Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
21st Feb 2017

Nice place, helpful staff. Gorgeous old building full of nooks and crannies, and an overall interesting spot in Shoreditch.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Feb 2017
7.7

The only major issue I had was the lack of plugs. There was a great bar next door and I had good experiences with the people in my room. However, there isn't a huge hostel culture vibe so maybe if I didn't have friends in London and made friends in my room- I may have had a worse time. Overall I had a great time. Shoreditch is an awesome area- plenty of bars and clubs and cafes. About an hour walk into Oxford street.

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Feb 2017
6.6

Nice staff and awesome location. It is a bit grungy but if you're only there a few nights it's worth it

• Australia, Male, 18-24
29th Jan 2017

Really nice hostel, clean and comfortable. Great location too so definitely enjoyed my short stay. Staff were friendly and answered all my questions. Plugs by the bed would have been nice but that would be my only negative. Will definitely stay here when I return to London for sure! Thanks team!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Jan 2017

The hostel is in a great location - near to buses, a 10-15min walk from Old Town underground station and surrounded by bars, restaurants and the renowned Brick Lane. My room was quite cold, but the staff immediately brought in extra heaters when notified. The bar next door was great value, with good food. The only thing I think could be improved is having a larger communal space that is separate to the reception. Definitely would recommend!

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Jan 2017

Basic bed, great location! Really friendly staff. Secure and safe, decent place to crash for the money.

• USA, Male, 31-40
9th Jan 2017
5.7

The room was dirty, towels were not clean. Trash in the room from previous stay. Bathroom sink had a leak. The shower door was loud and difficult to close. The window shade was broke, but was fixed during our stay.

• USA, Male, 25-30
27th Dec 2016

Staying at Dictionary Hostel was a wonderful experience! Excellent neighborhood, close proximity for walking London, super accessible to metro with close under and overground stops nearby, bus stops literally right outside. Then again there's also no need to leave when the surrounding area of Shoreditch has so much going on and even the bar at the hostel was a sweet spot to meet fellow travelers. I originally chose for convenience but would make it a point to return out of pure affection.

Thank you so much for your kind words, we are lucky to be in one of the coolest London areas. We really do hope to see you again! Safe travels!

23rd Dec 2016

Really great hostel with large rooms, cheap and clean with a good location near Liverpool Street Station. Could be improved by putting a plug available for each bed. I recommend it !

Hi there, thank you so much for your kind words, we are currently working on a plan to improve the plug situation in our rooms and i am sure everyone will love what we are going to do. Thank you again and hope to see you back again!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
19th Dec 2016

Loved this hostel and will definitely return even though I only spent 2 nights here. The location is prime and all the staff are super nice and helpful. Don't go to any other hostel! Stayed at St. Christopher's Inn before coming here and I can say Dictionary is 100 times better than that place!

Hi, thank you so much for your review. We are humbled by your comments, and really do hope to see you back again!