Fabulous 2,128 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2,128 Total Reviews
The Dictionary Hostel, Shoreditch, London Located at 10-20 Kingsland Road, , London.
England
London London E2 8DA 10-20 Kingsland Road
80% 2128
51.5276360 -0.0779128
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th Nov 2016
5.4

This was a convenient location if u want "cool shoreditch stuff" but thats about it. Other guests werent your usual backpackers with some sorta traveller etiquette...rather just kids living there longer term, on iphones a lot. A couple staff were sweet but many others cold and cliquey. All this would be fine...but it was pricier than everywhere else; yet the facilities were shoddy. so just book elsewhere and save yr $ for the bus..

• patrikschneidgen3583
  • Slovakia, Male, 18-24
24th Nov 2016
8.0

I was staying for this hostel only for one night to get some sleep between my flights, but even these couple of hours have been nice experience. Hostel from my point of view has got issues with cleanliness but otherwise, everything else was fine. Especially staff, they were extremely nice and helpful so my overall experience was great.

• CityKidOnTour
  • England, Male, 18-24
19th Nov 2016

I didn't stay too long so I can't comment too much but from what I saw this is a super cool place to stay, the hostel has a good vibe, the staff were very friendly and the location is great for exploring Shoreditch. I would definitely book this hostel again.

• Belgium, All Male Group, 18-24
17th Nov 2016
5.4

The showers sometimes lost pressure completely, leaving you with a head full of shampoo. They were also so small that you couldn't rinse off your armpits . The wall outlets were too far down for you to charge your phone from the top of the bunk bed. The magnetic cards to open your room door only worked 50% of the time. The rooms had almost no ventilation. Also, they send in 4 people to do one cleaning task each in the morning, so in 30 minutes time 4 people enter & leave your room.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
16th Nov 2016

A very nice place to stay, highly to recommend to people visiting london!

• France, Female, 18-24
10th Nov 2016

We stayed at The Dictionary Hostel for 4 nights and it was a great stay! The hostel is lovely with a very convenient location (it's 10 minutes walk from Liverpool Station or Old Street Station). Our hosts were welcoming and helpful and we felt our things were safe. We also enjoyed the breakfast which is served from 8am.

3rd Nov 2016
7.7

I'd start by saying the staff are amazing. The hostel itself was kind of dingy with beds crammed in my room. The crowd there during my stay was just plain weird. Good people but weird. A little grungy but still cool. This hostel deserves a better rating just for the staff - if beds were more spaced would be much better

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Oct 2016

Amazing location, helpful staff. Rooms are quite small but would be fine for a few nights! Plus they give out free earplugs and I was stuck above a snorer so I was super happy with that! Thanks heaps!

26th Oct 2016
6.9

The bathrooms and living quarters are "cleaned" every day. Meaning a quick sweet and wipe down. It's also very loud with the restaurant/bar downstairs (although I didn't mind but figured I'd mention of you have a hard time sleeping through noise). The location is pretty convenient if Shoreditch is the area you're looking for (I loved that part). It's very a very coffee, indie, music, and art driven community. I just wasn't in love with the lack of cleanliness. Also, there was a security issue.

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Oct 2016

Nicely designed hostel, convenient Old Street/Shoreditch location, secure front door and helpful staff. I was only there for a night but everything seemed pretty clean.