The Dictionary Hostel, Shoreditch, London Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

One can not complain. A clean bed and safe environment for 20 quid a night.

Nice little hostel in a great location, with plenty of nightlife around the place. Staff were helpful and eager to help. Be aware that it can get noisy at night if that's a problem for you.

• 12th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay. I think the only real issue was the kitchen rules. From signs it seemed that the kitchen opened at 7am and closed at 1am. But I was in there at around 10:30am one day eating my breakfast and got yelled at because the kitchen was apparently closed. So clearer rules about the kitchen would have been nice.

• 11th Aug 2015

The Dictionary is in a pretty good location for all the bars and markets in Shoreditch and has a great breakfast included to start your day. When I was there I didn't feel there was much atmosphere to meet people but that was mostly due to being there on a Monday to Wednesday. There is a fair amount of winding stairs and no lift so if you aren't strong you should probably think twice. Fast wifi at this place until recently was paid for, it is free now.

Hey. Thanks so much for your feedback. Top tip: don't travel with more luggage than you can carry! It serves me well haha! You're right, it is a bit quieter Mon-Weds, but we still have the bar crawl running every night and people like to hang out and meet new friends in the kitchen in the eves. :) Glad you enjoyed your stay all the same and made the most of the nightlife and markets. Happy to hear you made use of the free wifi. Come back soon and all the best :)

The reception was a little rude at the check in, we arrived and told us he would be with us after he had finished talking to the other staff member he then proceeded to serve another customer who walked in after us and did not apologize or say thank you for waiting. Other than that the hostel was friendly and had a good atmosphere for travellers with lots of suggestions for things to do in London. We weren't aware breakfast was included so this was a nice surprise.

• 10th Aug 2015

Hey. Thanks for your review :) Sorry for the mix up at reception. That staff member is training at the moment, so he was being helped by a more experienced colleague, but it sounds like an honest mistake. Apologies all the same! :) Glad you enjoyed your stay in London and got a nice surprise with the free breakfast. Woohoo! Hope you'll be coming back again soon. All the best :)

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »